Pans Jambo

9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

A compelling and well argued response.

Jeez.

It isn't an argument.    It's an observation.    No amount of polishing of Boris Johnson can disguise his established status as an omniturd.

The portrayal of Boris Johnson as some kind of born again statesman of integrity and gravitas is a well practiced part of the political game.     You can be the most obvious of dishonest chancers but the political charade always enables the same dishonest chancer to quickly resurface amid a fog of projected amnesia.

Some ****ing idiot on Newsnight tried to validate this chancer by saying "you should not underestimate the importance of finally having a story teller as PM".

**** the policies.    **** the principles.    We've got a bullshitter.     That'll see us through.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Victorian

• Cade

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Everyone just chill and enjoy the weather.  Boris Johnson has been absolutely clear that he isn’t going to grant a second referendum for independence so let’s stop arguing about something that simply isn’t going to happen.  

It must be true if Johnson said it😁

jack D and coke

I really hope people who voted No are seeing how utterly powerless they are to affect anything in U.K. politics now. You had the opportunity to have control and you chose to give it all away.

You get exactly what England wants. 

I mean Boris ****ing Johnson....

:cornette:

Edited by jack D and coke

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I really hope people who voted No are seeing how utterly powerless they are to affect anything in U.K. politics now. You had the opportunity to have control and you chose to give it all away.

Boris 😍

Brighton Jambo

Being serious I think this is the beginning of the end for Brexit and the extreme polarising of the parties.  Boris was elected on a ‘no deal’ mandate he can’t deliver.  If he tries his government will fall and in the subsequent general election we would see a four party system where compromises would need to be made and if labour run on a second referendum agenda we could finally see that happen given the strength of the Lib Dem’s.  

He wont get a better deal from Eu and will fail to get the old one through meaning his own party would turn against him and again he would lose a no confidence vote - see above!  

Weirdly I’m glad Boris got the gig as it brings the endgame that bit closer.  

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

In what way you hate filled little man? You mean the empire I assume?

What countries were not trying to build empires back then? It is just that Britain was the best at it. Every luxury you enjoy today (probably free) is in some way the product of empires. It built what the world is today. 

The KIngdom of Scotland certainly included. But Scotland wasn't very good at empire building and the financial effect of the disastrous failure of the Darien project was of course a factor in Scotland surrendering its independence the following decade.

Edited by Francis Albert

jack D and coke
19 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Boris 😍

I actually feel the same. 

This is the beginning of the end🥰

28 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I hope they realise they made an error and want to resolve it by going for Scottish Indie.

Petty one up man ship, told-yah-so attitudes from Yes voters won't do anything to further the cause, to escape this shit show. No to Yes(of which there are now many) should be welcomed with open arms. 

Those that still insist that the UK works, there's no helping them. Blinkered beyond belief for what reason? Pride? National identity? Self harm? 

Edited by Sarah O

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I hope they realise they made an error and want to resolve it by going for Scottish Indie.

Petty one up man ship, told-yah-so attitudes from Yes voters won't do anything to further the cause, to escape this shit show. No to Yes(of which there are now many) should be welcomed with open arms. 

Those that still insist that the UK works, there's no helping them. Blinkered beyond belief for what reason? Pride? National identity? Self harm? 

Yeah good points mate. 

I don’t like the “I told you so” attitude myself although it’s hard to not feel that way sometimes. 

Francis Albert

Theresa May seems to have lost her hard earned title of the worst PM in history even before leaving office.

:vrface:

Priti Patel

"Important we have a government that reflects modern Britain... I'm not speculating about jobs or roles... Boris had a diverse and dynamic team as mayor".

Ok cheers.... Ms Patel.

:vrface:

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

It isn't an argument.    It's an observation.    No amount of polishing of Boris Johnson can disguise his established status as an omniturd.

The portrayal of Boris Johnson as some kind of born again statesman of integrity and gravitas is a well practiced part of the political game.     You can be the most obvious of dishonest chancers but the political charade always enables the same dishonest chancer to quickly resurface amid a fog of projected amnesia.

Some ****ing idiot on Newsnight tried to validate this chancer by saying "you should not underestimate the importance of finally having a story teller as PM".

**** the policies.    **** the principles.    We've got a bullshitter.     That'll see us through.

He had a point. Bullshitting has often been a part of successful politicians weaponry or armoury. Two of the most admired in the Twentieth Century (Churchill and JFK) had more than their fair share. As of course do two of the least admired, Trump and Boris. It depends how your bullshitting is directed.

But I think it would be wrong to dismiss Boris too lightly. His bullshitting has already taken him amazingly far despite his lack of other obvious qualities. He was after all elected London mayor, which despite the misconception of some on here is a bit of a Labour stronghold.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

He had a point. Bullshitting has often been a part of successful politicians weaponry or armoury. Two of the most admired in the Twentieth Century (Churchill and JFK) had more than their fair share. As of course do two of the least admired, Trump and Boris. It depends how your bullshitting is directed.

But I think it would be wrong to dismiss Boris too lightly. His bullshitting has already taken him amazingly far despite his lack of other obvious qualities. He was after all elected London mayor, which despite the misconception of some on here is a bit of a Labour stronghold.

He needs to either renegotiate a better withdrawal agreement with the EU or convince parliament it's ok to leave with no deal.      Superficial bullshit is not going to achieve either of those.     It is abject naivety of biblical strength to believe he can smarm his way through.

Yesterday some arsepiece said...

(Yeah but no but) the EU always say no before they eventually say yes.

Is that the depth of intellectual perception we pin our hopes on?     A fanciful,   throwaway quip about how the EU are perceived to operate?    

The EU are not going to re-open negotiations FFS

Stop peddling that insane myth

The three choices are May's Deal, No Deal or No Brexit

All roads lead to Gorgie
37 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Theresa May seems to have lost her hard earned title of the worst PM in history even before leaving office.

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse they just did.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The KIngdom of Scotland certainly included. But Scotland wasn't very good at empire building and the financial effect of the disastrous failure of the Darien project was of course a factor in Scotland surrendering its independence the following decade.

Scotland was fine actually. The Burghs were doing just fine. It was the wealthy twats who lost everything, who handed Scotland to England, so stop with the Darien myth, which incidentally!, who was the King and Queen of the King of Scotland and where were their Navy when the Spanish appeared?

There was Fury in Scotland for nearly 60 years after the union, btw. Or have you forgotten this. But FA, how did I know you'd love Boris. 

Hurry back, and tell us how you don't. You know, the way you do. Your pretty maids , must surely all be in a row, by now.

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He needs to either renegotiate a better withdrawal agreement with the EU or convince parliament it's ok to leave with no deal.      Superficial bullshit is not going to achieve either of those.     It is abject naivety of biblical strength to believe he can smarm his way through.

Another attribute of many successful politicians (which I think Boris also has) is a certain slipperiness or ability to change course. In getting into bed with the ERG he did so and succeeded. I would not be surprised if he ended up with a softer Brexit

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland was fine actually. The Burghs were doing just fine. It was the wealthy twats who lost everything, who handed Scotland to England, so stop with the Darien myth, which incidentally!, who was the King and Queen of the King of Scotland and where were their Navy when the Spanish appeared?

There was Fury in Scotland for nearly 60 years after the union, btw. Or have you forgotten this. But FA, how did I know you'd love Boris. 

Hurry back, and tell us how you don't. You know, the way you do. Your pretty maids , must surely all be in a row, by now.

You are nothing if not predictable. Well add incapable of reading.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Another attribute of many successful politicians (which I think Boris also has) is a certain slipperiness or ability to change course. In getting into bed with the ERG he did so and succeeded. I would not be surprised if he ended up with a softer Brexit

Not very likely either.    Not in terms of the withdrawal agreement.     Only in terms of future relationship.

The Brexiteer side now own the process.    They wont allow Johnson to water down Brexit any more so than parliament will allow a crash out exit.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah good points mate. 

I don’t like the “I told you so” attitude myself although it’s hard to not feel that way sometimes. 

You’ve lost it :rofl:

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah good points mate. 

Truth. 

Watching the Brexit chaos *tear the country apart* and BJ suck :jj:the life out of the UK is pleasing, despite the inevitable harm to myself.  Very strange feeling. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Not very likely either.    Not in terms of the withdrawal agreement.     Only in terms of future relationship.

The Brexiteer side now own the process.    They wont allow Johnson to water down Brexit any more so than parliament will allow a crash out exit.

They may "own the process" but that does them little good if they can't get what they want through Parliament. As you say in relation to crashing out.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

That's all pretty well known history. Doesn't make the, other folk were doing it, argument any less shite. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Dominic Cummings rumoured to be awarded "special advisor" status.

The man held in contempt of Parliament by refusing to appear before a select committee investigation into fake news and the role of Russian troll farms in the Vote Leave campaign.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Well said. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I stopped at "Britnatzia".

If you think Britain is a Nazi state you are not just an imbecile but a highly disrespectful one at that.

Go and read up on what the Nazis where please and learn. And I mean really learn about them. It goes without saying you have no clue.

Utterly absurd thing to say.

You're much better here in the Shed than you are on the Terrace I8. :laugh:

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Boris Johnson. Boris Johnson. Boris Johnson. 

Mr. Prime Minister to you. :thumbsup:

AlphonseCapone
28 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Mr. Prime Minister to you. :thumbsup:

Mr **** wit more like. 

I think the real idiots here as those that think that in even a small way their life will change because of this.

16 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

The SNP won’t rule for eternity man. After Indy is gained theyve achieved their aim, it’s over, it’s a broad church or opinions. 

I honestly feel within a couple of elections Scotland will end up with conservative type government. 

You’re list is utter nonsense tbh. 

That was maybe true in the 80s as you had Labour/Tory/Lib Dems in the SNP but with a singular goal of independence. Now its far more organised politically. Independence would mean they had achieved their aim and it would indeed then evolve into a different party.

That party would imo not be far from where it is now , mainly thanks to devolution and many years of what many class as oppression by Westminster as that has meant that SNP manifesto’s are no longer just independence but also invested in the actual voter , economy and ruling competently. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That's all pretty well known history. Doesn't make the, other folk were doing it, argument any less shite. 

It does however make portraying some of the folk doing it as uniquely evil when at the time virtually everyone was doing it ... well to use your word ... shite.

AlphonseCapone
32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I think the real idiots here as those that think that in even a small way their life will change because of this.

My life has already changed for the better, some cracking memes going around. 

24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It does however make portraying some of the folk doing it as uniquely evil when at the time virtually everyone was doing it ... well to use your word ... shite.

Did the original poster claim Britain was unique? 

Space Mackerel
13 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Sturgeon should have thought about her profound concerns when she was torpedoing every deal put forward by May. She is a hypocrite with a bankrupt agenda. 

I cant remember seeing the Vote Leave White Paper, can you?

9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

My life has already changed for the better, some cracking memes going around. 

Did the original poster claim Britain was unique? 

Exactly.

image.png.261f390e8e610eb57020c5839d76fef1.png

4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:
Image may contain: 8 people, text

One's hopeless, the other is Evil. Both are out of their depth and can GTF.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

👍

Spitonastranger
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The poor, people on benefits, low paid, employee's rights, people who rely and will rely on the NHS, the rich will be better off, there's a few examples not endless do you want to reply properly or will you just ignore with your usual ramblings

1 minute ago, Spitonastranger said:

The poor, people on benefits, low paid, employee's rights, people who rely and will rely on the NHS, the rich will be better off, there's a few examples not endless do you want to reply properly or will you just ignore with your usual ramblings

Maybe one day you can have your own thoughts instead of latching on to left wing hashtags.

Cruyff Turn
27 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

👍🏼

BoJo can stuff his cabinet full of as many swivel-eyed foam-at-the-mouth brexit loons as he likes.

Doesn't change the make-up of Parliament one little bit.

He'll not be able to get anything passed.

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

BoJo can stuff his cabinet full of as many swivel-eyed foam-at-the-mouth brexit loons as he likes.

Doesn't change the make-up of Parliament one little bit.

He'll not be able to get anything passed.

The more that leave or get sacked the weaker he is becoming. Even the likes of Fox who is Leave got emptied (or jumped first) Boris is going to struggle to last till the end of the week at this rate.