Pans Jambo

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The far-right racists, and their supporters,are running the show. Never thought I'd see that in these islands.

:sad:

Frightening times ahead unfortunately.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Victorian

• Cade

• maroonlegions

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spitonastranger
14 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The rich will get richer and the poor poorer? If so exactly what will have changed.

My footnote thingy (signature) seems to have disappeared but it was a quote from a Billie Holiday song of about 80 years ago "Them that's got shall get, them that's not shall lose, so the Bible says, and it still is news".

To you it still is news apparently.

I also quoted workers and the NHS which you seem to have missed. This must be news to you apparently to read the full post and not ignore what suits.

1 hour ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The far-right racists, and their supporters,are running the show. Never thought I'd see that in these islands.

How did the world end up with Boris and Trump in charge I’ll never know.. scary times.

Perhaps it’s a bad dream... 

14 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Stolen from twitter.

Rees-Mogg has just been given the Viceroy of India.

That's a real lol moment 

32 minutes ago, King prawn said:

How did the world end up with Boris and Trump in charge I’ll never know.. scary times.

Perhaps it’s a bad dream... 

The world is bigger than the UK and America. 

16 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The world is bigger than the UK and America. 

It is - and the rest of the world are the ones dealing with the likes of Trump and Boris. But you knew what I meant .. 

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Boris rambling in his speech to Parliament 

Main actual proposal is the Australia style points immigration system. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

And you are not seeing it now. :phface:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
29 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And you are not seeing it now. :phface:

Not if you think pickaninnie isn't racist. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

He blustered through his answers to questions in parliament today but that said how weak did Corbyn look in comparison. Corbyn even struggled against May so he will be even less affective against the pound shop Trump. 

Looks like BJ will more than likely win a general election which means the UK could be heading up shit creek. Do we still want to be part of that?

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Main actual proposal is the Australia style points immigration system. 

What alternative would you propose?

A points based system., as long as racially and sexually neutral (I am not saying the Australian one is) seems the fairest way, unless you believe in the absence of controls.

Certainly fairer than prioritising those living in predominantly white and relatively rich countries.

15 hours ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

We've moved on from getting what England wants, to what Tory members want. Scotland is just another wee region to these people. A region they'd happily get rid of for their Brexit dream. 

Better Together :rofl: 

I loved it when Gordon Brown solemnly ensured the Scottish people that the only way to guarantee remaining in the EU was to vote No.

He and all the other shysters and snake-oil salesmen who crept out of the woodwork and on to our screens in the fortnight before that referendum have a lot to answer for.

Now we have Boris ****ing Johnson and a hard Brexit to look forward to.

Edited by leginten

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, leginten said:

I loved it when Gordon Brown solemnly ensured the Scottish people that the only way to guarantee remaining in the EU was to vote No.

He and all the other shysters and snake-oil salesmen who crept out of the woodwork and on to our screens in the fortnight before that referendum have a lot to answer for.

Now we have Boris ****ing Johnson and a hard Brexit to look forward to.

Brown is a bigger snake than Blair and that’s saying something.

Brighton Jambo
9 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I heard the DUP might fold on the backstop. Their goal is to keep the union and no deal will see Scotland go and may lead to calls of unification. Could be a load of shite.

Genuine question and please answer honestly.

Imagine a scene of a yes vote for independence where the UK and Scotland couldn’t come to an agreement on a deal to leave that gave Scotland access to UK markets etc and it was made explicitly clear that leaving the UK without a deal in place would be catastrophic for the Scottish economy.  Would you  be advocating a ‘no deal’ Scottish independence? 

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Imagine a scene of a yes vote for independence where the UK and Scotland couldn’t come to an agreement on a deal to leave that gave Scotland access to UK markets etc and it was made explicitly clear that leaving the UK without a deal in place would be catastrophic for the Scottish economy.  Would you  be advocating a ‘no deal’ Scottish independence? 

Considering we spend more on RUK and I want to join the Nordic states. Yes! But hard brexit Boris and the gang, is music to my Independence ears 

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That simply wouldn’t happen though, would it?

Scottish secretary dismissing no deal damage fears.    Johnson dribbling about the start of a golden age.    Cabinet full of the very worst and dishonest elements in politics - the newly released inmates of political jail.    Lunatic spending pledges being thrown around like confetti.     Tory wagons parked in the circular formation of self interest.

On 23/07/2019 at 13:56, Francis Albert said:

"An act of economic vandalism" is a soundbite. The worst case forecasts are that over a period of 15 years from 2023 GDP growth will be lower. GDP on these forecasts would still grow in that period by about 9% rather than 18%. It is easy to convert such a forecast to say we will all be tens of billions poorer, but the prosperity  of most people will be determined more by how existing and future GDP is distributed than the absolute level of GDP. We will in any event remain one of the richest countries in the world, only on current trends without a fundamental change in policies, one with an ever growing population of homeless and hungry.

One thing I agree with Boris is that ruling out no deal is and always was a mistake. It leaves you naked at the negotiating table. The EU (and specifically Ireland which will probably suffer from no deal relatively more than the UK) has been sensible enough never to rule out no deal. 

Those quitting in an attempt to rule out no deal are at best acting prematurely, at worst just promoting Remain.

I can only at present see two solutions short of a General Election which changes the whole make up of the House. A referendum where the choice is between the May/EU deal and no deal (which better "respects" the first referendum vote) or the May/EU deal vs Remain (basically a re-run of the first vote with a slightly better but still very imprecise definition of Leave) .

But I think the Remainers, who are in a majority in Parliament, will at the end of the day fight shy of a referendum which might well give the "wrong" result again.

So much to disagree with here....
A "soundbite" - So all the economic warnings (OBR - a benign no deal would plunge economy into recession), the warnings to to business cited by the CBI, TUC, Farming Industry, Car Industry, Road Haulage Industry,  Financial Sector (how many billions have already left the economy?), NHS, Supermarkets, Research Industry are all just soundbites.

The above OBR forecast is a non-disorderly Brexit btw. A disorderly one would have a huge short term impact but I guess if GDP is lower and borrowing higher in 15 years, all the people impacted will be comforted knowing that as long as the government spends the smaller pot better, it won't be that bad...

If you have some analysis that says a no deal is perfectly manageable, then feel free to provide it for comparison.

"Ruling out no deal is and always was a mistake" - I laugh when I hear people saying that in negotiations you should always be prepared to walk away. Aye, to the status quo, not a position that makes you worse off!

The EU has done plenty planning for no deal and more than us (we are way behind according to civil servants), so I'd like to see the analysis that says they will be hit harder than us, especially when they will still have all their trade deals whilst we will be missing some still not rolled over and industries like farming decimated by WTO tariffs.

However, if you have some analysis to allay my fears, again please send my way...

"Those quitting in an attempt to rule out no deal are at best acting prematurely, at worst just promoting Remain." - Er no, they voted for the Withdrawal Agreement so voted for Brexit unlike the Brexit purists like the ERG but in principle, will vote against what they perceive to be damaging to the country. 

"May/EU deal and no deal (which better "respects" the first referendum vote) "- A no deal was never talked about seriously in the referendum and with 48 % and 16 million voting remain, a the referendum was in effect a soft Leave vote, in the same way 52% Remain would have meant stay but reform essential in the British relationship with the EU.

For me, a new referendum should be :

1 - Should the UK Leave the EU? If Yes, go to 2, if No, we Remain

2 - Should the UK leave the EU with a) The Agreed Withdrawal Agreement b) a deal like Norway and EEA c) Canada style Plus d) No Deal (actually I wouldn't have this on but some personally feel it would be democratic to do so).

After the Referendum, I would want a bill signed to prevent another referendum for a decade to avoid the continual agitation , disagreement and uncertainty.

Far from perfect and it will never happen but surely better than the current paralysis in Parliament.

Roxy Hearts
4 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Was is it we need? 

He isn't planning on having a no deal Brexit. You don't bring in Collins for that. He will have an autumn election.

He will plan for no deal and then paint the EU and Parliament as the bad guys. He knows Corbyn it's electable and has more chance of winning an election than a referendum.

Then he has 5 more years to go full Tory.

I P Knightley
16 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He isn't planning on having a no deal Brexit. You don't bring in Collins for that. He will have an autumn election.

He will plan for no deal and then paint the EU and Parliament as the bad guys. He knows Corbyn it's electable and has more chance of winning an election than a referendum.

This is my biggest concern about the whole show.

By putting this clown in charge, the clownshoes who flocked behind Farridge because May wasn't clowny enough will revert to getting behind the arsepiece Johnson, "because he's funny and racist, like me". And in these last 3 years or so, the Labour party has been as inneffective and weak as any party of the last 50 years.

I really don't know what Corbyn's agenda is - I doubt many do. I have a buddy who was a couple of years ahead of him at the same school. Said he was a little attention-seeking squit back then; nothing weems to have changed. He's certainly not operating in the best interests of an opposition party, the Labour party or the interests of our country. I'd kick him in the temple if I could. (I'd do likewise to Johnson - they're all Fokkers, the whole fokking lot of them)

If there was an election now,   you would be as well to let a randon number generating app decide the make-up of parliament.    Four national parties virtually level.     SNP block in Scotland becoming even more significant when compared to the numbers of the other parties.     It could quite easily need three parties to enter a coalition or pact to achieve a working majority.     

The Tories desperately want to go supersonic beyond the Brexit event horizon in order to hoover up the gammon demographic from Farage.   Then it's on to target public enemy No1 Corbyn.      Persecutes the jews you know.    Has some unsavoury friends anaw.... Saudis and that.... oh hang on Boris that's us.    Shhhh.

20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

This is my biggest concern about the whole show.

By putting this clown in charge, the clownshoes who flocked behind Farridge because May wasn't clowny enough will revert to getting behind the arsepiece Johnson, "because he's funny and racist, like me". And in these last 3 years or so, the Labour party has been as inneffective and weak as any party of the last 50 years.

I really don't know what Corbyn's agenda is - I doubt many do. I have a buddy who was a couple of years ahead of him at the same school. Said he was a little attention-seeking squit back then; nothing weems to have changed. He's certainly not operating in the best interests of an opposition party, the Labour party or the interests of our country. I'd kick him in the temple if I could. (I'd do likewise to Johnson - they're all Fokkers, the whole fokking lot of them)

Targeted Facebook ads flying out. I wonder who is behind that?

Labour need to grow a pair and bin Corbyn....they wont.

The SNP also need to dial down their last PM of the UK stuff as well. He will lap that up.

Climate change denial organisation was a donor to Johnson leadership campaign.     Maybe he'll clear up the matter when asked a question about it.

But hey... don't hold your breath.

Earlier on,  Nadine Dorries was giving it the full pelt,  wild eyed  'who are ya... who are ya?' to the EU.     Utterly demented.     

SwindonJambo
56 minutes ago, Victorian said:

If there was an election now,   you would be as well to let a randon number generating app decide the make-up of parliament.    Four national parties virtually level.     SNP block in Scotland becoming even more significant when compared to the numbers of the other parties.     It could quite easily need three parties to enter a coalition or pact to achieve a working majority.     

The Tories desperately want to go supersonic beyond the Brexit event horizon in order to hoover up the gammon demographic from Farage.   Then it's on to target public enemy No1 Corbyn.      Persecutes the jews you know.    Has some unsavoury friends anaw.... Saudis and that.... oh hang on Boris that's us.    Shhhh.

I agree that the vagaries of FPTP could deliver a very odd result with 4 parties taking a roughly equal share. And also that it may take a coalition of 3 of them to form a working majority. The trouble is, I can’t see any 3 of them working together without quickly falling out. The Lib Dems won’t touch the Tories with a shitty stick after last time. Mr Fartage has said he’s open to an electoral pact with the Tories i.e. no overlapping in the same seats and that could deliver a majority for the coalition. Please no because I don’t want Fartage in any kind of position of power.

1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

I agree that the vagaries of FPTP could deliver a very odd result with 4 parties taking a roughly equal share. And also that it may take a coalition of 3 of them to form a working majority. The trouble is, I can’t see any 3 of them working together without quickly falling out. The Lib Dems won’t touch the Tories with a shitty stick after last time. Mr Fartage has said he’s open to an electoral pact with the Tories i.e. no overlapping in the same seats and that could deliver a majority for the coalition. Please no because I don’t want Fartage in any kind of position of power.

Cant remember who it was that said it but they reflected that brexit had given us a more European politic.

In regards to coalitions.

SwindonJambo
Just now, jake said:

Cant remember who it was that said it but they reflected that brexit had given us a more European politic.

In regards to coalitions.

How incredibly ironic! Multiparty coalitions are quite common in Europe and an established part of the political landscape. We persist with the stupid FPTP system which only works when there are 2 very dominant parties. If that’s no longer the case for an extended period than FPTP must be binned. All imho.

Some analyst was describing how Johnson is seemingly setting up a gambit to make negotiations impossible and to allow parliament to block no-deal in order to engineer another stalemate to then call an election,    with the Tories selling themselves as the party of leave.

Suicide.     Farage will take a huge bite of them.     Tory remainer MPs would have severe problems trying to retain theid seats.     The Libdems will take a bite out of them on the moderate side.    They lose all of their Scottish seats.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Some analyst was describing how Johnson is seemingly setting up a gambit to make negotiations impossible and to allow parliament to block no-deal in order to engineer another stalemate to then call an election,    with the Tories selling themselves as the party of leave.

Suicide.     Farage will take a huge bite of them.     Tory remainer MPs would have severe problems trying to retain theid seats.     The Libdems will take a bite out of them on the moderate side.    They lose all of their Scottish seats.

Collins will decide when an election is called not Johnson. Bannon will have a hand in it as well.

Cruyff Turn
2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Agree. He can do nothing with benches full of Remainer rebel Tories. He needs to get rid off them and that can only be done through a Pro Brexit Manifesto and a GE.

If you go by those who voted to leave the EU, Boris would get 50% of the vote at least if Farage stands his goons down. He’ll romp it.

Corbyn has made an erse of it by sitting on the fence on Brexit and the LibDems will pick up the remainer vote. 

It’ll be a doddle for Boris. In a month, he’ll be enormously popular in Eng/Wales in the polls and when his team get the feedback from those polls, that’s when he’ll call it.

He simply cannot govern as things stand. 

Cruyff Turn
18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Farage will stand down his goons Vic. Farage knows if he stands against Boris’s Tories there will be the likelihood of a hung Parliament and leaving the EU with a clean break will be over. 

11 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agree. He can do nothing with benches full of Remainer rebel Tories. He needs to get rid off them and that can only be done through a Pro Brexit Manifesto and a GE.

If you go by those who voted to leave the EU, Boris would get 50% of the vote at least if Farage stands his goons down. He’ll romp it.

Corbyn has made an erse of it by sitting on the fence on Brexit and the LibDems will pick up the remainer vote. 

It’ll be a doddle for Boris. In a month, he’ll be enormously popular in Eng/Wales in the polls and when his team get the feedback from those polls, that’s when he’ll call it.

Correct. Johnson will position himself has the hardest of hard brexiteers to see off Farage and the hoards down here will lap it up. He also knows that Corbyn is done.

He ain't daft he's dangerous.

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Correct. Johnson will position himself has the hardest of hard brexiteers to see off Farage and the hoards down here will lap it up. He also knows that Corbyn is done.

He ain't daft he's dangerous.

All Tory MP’s need to pledge their allegiance to his plan and support him or the new Manifesto in a GE or they’ll be forced to stand down. 

Rory Stewart was on Peston a few nights ago and Peston asked him what he’d do if he was asked to support Boris’s manifesto, he said he’d have to stand down as a Tory MP.

Any future GE will see the return of a United Hard Brexit Tory Party with the support of the DUP.

I think Farage will stand down now, Boris, Moog and Co. are what he wants, he doesn’t need to bother standing against the Tories now, he was merely the Right wing alternative to a Tory Party with too many Remainers. 

If he gets his majority, we’re leaving the EU and we’ll become more aligned with the United States and their Neo-Conservative Capitalist outlook. 

The Irish will be blowing each other up again and Scotland will either be held hostage by him and his Party or we’ll become Independent.

Boris is Pandora’s box if he gets a majority.

Boris is making a mistake if he thinks an election will endorse him in any kind of landslide

As PM he will not be able to duck and dive the questions as he was able to do in the leadership election

Every aspect of his personal and political life will be stripped bare.

For once he will be forced to attempt to answer the questions...……………..one thing is true though he is dealing with a party led by a leader who is even worse than Michael Foot and that may be his lucky break

To me we may be heading for another minority government and that will leave Brexit high and dry.

His best chance is to make an agreement based heavily on the current deal, pretend it never happened, waffle for a few weeks afterwards lying to the country and then just like his friend in the USA hope we'll all forget about it

Given the way the world and country has voted he's a shoe in to get the deal through and avoid an election...but it will all be lies and smoking mirrors

Blair would wipe the floor with him in any debate

All this could have been avoided if a dozen or so LAB/SNP had voted for the deal on offer. What was the objection again? The back stop that only affects the back water Northern Ireland? I recall Sturge moaning about the fishery impact of the deal which made me laugh out loud considering her wish is for Scotland's fisheries to be slave to the CFP forever that they all hate. 

4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The 31st of September is the day to watch.

3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

All Tory MP’s need to pledge their allegiance to his plan and support him or the new Manifesto in a GE or they’ll be forced to stand down. 

Rory Stewart was on Peston a few nights ago and Peston asked him what he’d do if he was asked to support Boris’s manifesto, he said he’d have to stand down as a Tory MP.

Any future GE will see the return of a United Hard Brexit Tory Party with the support of the DUP.

I think Farage will stand down now, Boris, Moog and Co. are what he wants, he doesn’t need to bother standing against the Tories now, he was merely the Right wing alternative to a Tory Party with too many Remainers. 

If he gets his majority, we’re leaving the EU and we’ll become more aligned with the United States and their Neo-Conservative Capitalist outlook. 

The Irish will be blowing each other up again and Scotland will either be held hostage by him and his Party or we’ll become Independent.

Boris is Pandora’s box if he gets a majority.

Farage and few others will stand and then enter a Boris coalition, with Farage as number 2.

3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Boris is making a mistake if he thinks an election will endorse him in any kind of landslide

As PM he will not be able to duck and dive the questions as he was able to do in the leadership election

Every aspect of his personal and political life will be stripped bare.

For once he will be forced to attempt to answer the questions...……………..one thing is true though he is dealing with a party led by a leader who is even worse than Michael Foot and that may be his lucky break

To me we may be heading for another minority government and that will leave Brexit high and dry.

His best chance is to make an agreement based heavily on the current deal, pretend it never happened, waffle for a few weeks afterwards lying to the country and then just like his friend in the USA hope we'll all forget about it

Given the way the world and country has voted he's a shoe in to get the deal through and avoid an election...but it will all be lies and smoking mirrors

Blair would wipe the floor with him in any debate

Nobody cares anymore. Just look at the US and Trump. Boris will be the same. Politicians can do what the want and people just hear what they want to hear. It's now MUKGA. Just like Trump's MAGA.

Edited by ri Alban

The Mighty Thor

Theres a game plan becoming apparent. 

Boris & co are already ramping up the belligerent EU rhetoric and the MSM will amplify that over the next 6-8 weeks. There will either be no negotiations or no movement on the current WA and by conference season he'll announce that due to the EU persecuting the UK there'll be a GE standing on a hard line, anti-EU,  no deal Brexit ticket. 

This will take farage out the game, recapture the disaffected little englander gammons and the Tories will be returned with a big majority and carte blanche to unleash the empire 2.0 agenda.

Labour won't do anything against this tide of Rule Brittania jingoism, their lack of policy ideas might appeal to the 'oh Jeremy Corbyn' back bedroom revolutionaries, but to anyone with a job, mortgage, savings, children, a dog in the fight, they're unelectable. 

Corporate America is licking its lips. 

18 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Theres a game plan becoming apparent. 

Boris & co are already ramping up the belligerent EU rhetoric and the MSM will amplify that over the next 6-8 weeks. There will either be no negotiations or no movement on the current WA and by conference season he'll announce that due to the EU persecuting the UK there'll be a GE standing on a hard line, anti-EU,  no deal Brexit ticket. 

This will take farage out the game, recapture the disaffected little englander gammons and the Tories will be returned with a big majority and carte blanche to unleash the empire 2.0 agenda.

Labour won't do anything against this tide of Rule Brittania jingoism, their lack of policy ideas might appeal to the 'oh Jeremy Corbyn' back bedroom revolutionaries, but to anyone with a job, mortgage, savings, children, a dog in the fight, they're unelectable. 

Corporate America is licking its lips. 

Boris isn't even a real brexiter, he only ever wanted the PMship. And it's now been achieved.

There's a thing, if! The UK government reneged from the £39b Debt! Will they be ostracised or is that only Scotland, if they tell the Rukers to bolt with the National debt. :interehjrling:

Who_put_the_ball_in...

Glad to see he was prepared to stand up to the cringe worthy SNP yesterday. I never liked Boris but actually now think he will grow on me. 

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Glad to see he was prepared to stand up to the cringe worthy SNP yesterday. I never liked Boris but actually now think he will grow on me. 

:rofl: