Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

1 minute ago, graygo said:

That's not how it works.

You hand your money over to the club and then it becomes their money.

Same as when you buy your messages, the money then belongs to Aldi.

Yes but if the product is shit you can complain and at least get your money back and sometimes double what you paid for it! 

there is also a share holders meeting where questions can be asked and often are. Directors can also be booted out if they are not performing. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

10 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Imagine you employ someone then publicly humiliate him almost immedately telling the world he is worse than useless.

Regardless of the ins and outs that is not a great way for an employer to behave. This will have cost us a huge sum of money. Go Jamtarts

How much money has it cost us?

8 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Right or wrong, that’s not my point. 

I wasn't replying to your poi t  just making my own dud. Not directed at you

6 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Step up?

Don’t you know what step up means. Hearts play at a very high level and Vanecek played at 

a lower level obviously as he was crap.

eyesandears
1 minute ago, graygo said:

That's not how it works.

We are not in the process of buying Aldi. We are buying our club. One way or another it is money wasted and there needs to be more accountability. We are seeing £000s being wasted with infrastructure mistakes/delays and in the recruitment sector of the club. And yet these costly mistakes just seem to get ignored at a Board level - I assume as the Board are ultimately responsible they will not highlight the error of their ways.

I am supportive of CL but the Vanecek situation is a complete shambles, highlighting not only our defective recruitment process but also the treatment of players once they arrive. It’s all so hit or miss (and sadly, in practice, more miss than hit).

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Yes but if the product is shit you can complain and at least get your money back and sometimes double what you paid for it! 

there is also a share holders meeting where questions can be asked and often are. Directors can also be booted out if they are not performing. 

Paying to go to watch a game of football doesn't come with any guarantees ffs.

Money back.  :facepalm: 

2 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

We are not in the process of buying Aldi. We are buying our club. One way or another it is money wasted and there needs to be more accountability. We are seeing £000s being wasted with infrastructure mistakes/delays and in the recruitment sector of the club. And yet these costly mistakes just seem to get ignored at a Board level - I assume as the Board are ultimately responsible they will not highlight the error of their ways.

Christ Almighty, another one who thinks the FOH contributions are being used to fund the team.

CloustonHMFC

Let’s be 100% clear here, we are not buying the club. FoH are buying the club. 

Just now, graygo said:

Paying to go to watch a game of football doesn't come with any guarantees ffs.

Money back.  :facepalm: 

I was in fact referring to DDs and shareholding’s but maybe you’ve hit a nail with having give the money back for shit performances. ?

17 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

What a shocker, any professional to pick up wages and not put in the effort is for me ridiculous.  I watched him in reserve games and he just couldn't be arsed.  I think the step up was just far too great for him.

well done to the club for dealing with this so swiftly.  We move on and learn.

Yeh, round of applause everyone, another great bit of business done.

It should have been ten
8 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's not how it works.

:qqb006:

Generic Username
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Knew this was gonna happen months ago, once Craig loses trust in you there’s usually no way back. Now that he’s gone it’s easier to say that his behaviour as a professional football player was diabolical. Good riddance.

Knew it like you knew what Osman Sow looked like?

eyesandears
1 minute ago, clouston1992 said:

Let’s be 100% clear here, we are not buying the club. FoH are buying the club. 

Yes, and 8,000 of us are FoH.

16 minutes ago, Pagey said:

i'm interested in your view on this, as I think I read before that you did some scouting? What went wrong? What wasn't picked up in the reports or follow up? Anything to learn from it? I'm hoping you will have had some insights?

You'd be better off making something up than listening to anything LoveNgoo has to say as it would still hold more truth. This joker doesn't know anything so don't be fooled.

Guy was obviously not interested or fit. Good riddance. No reason whatsoever for Levein not to champion his cause as he had a lot riding on him. Levein may not be everyone’s cup of tea but he doesn’t suffer fools. His neck was on the line and he punted him, for what I’d assume are very good reasons. 

Vanacek was full of bravado on social media prior to arriving and anyone could see he turned up overweight and unfit. When we were crying out for a striker and he knew it and what did he do ? Went on a bender and turned up unfit. Disgrace and I’m glad he’s away. 

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Yeh, round of applause everyone, another great bit of business done.

***********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Can you get banned from a thread for *?

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, eyesandears said:

and if we stop funding it.......there is no FoH.

There will still be FoH, just without the funding or at least requiring a different method of funding. 

Edited by clouston1992

colinmaroon

Yes, and 8,000 of us are FoH.

Thank goodness that's another post truth snowflake fact!

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

How much money has it cost us?

I fully expect that he has re-paid all his wages to us since he joined and left with less money than he had before he joined. He is really sorry about trying to try and rip us off.

Result is we have made a fortune so well done us. Go Jamtarts.

23 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

‘The club would like to announce that Hearts and David Vanecek have today parted ways by mutual consent.

We’d like to wish David all the best in his future endeavours.’

That should be enough ??

Nobody can seriously be expecting a statement with a full blown account of what has went on? Do people realise how many employment laws that would break? Imagine you left your employment on bad terms and your employer put out a statement on their website telling everyone what happened. Folk need to get a grip man. 

Imagine a player that Levein had waited on for 6 months to sign was substituted in the first half 

then Levein slags him off as being rubbish. That tells you more about the manager’s competence 

than anything else. Ann Budge must think what the hell is going on or then again maybe not !!

Well done Craig Levein & Team for acting so quickly and resolving this matter. They obviously found ‘something’ that was incompatible with him being a professional footballer with Hearts. Sends a great message to the squad that you must comply or else no matter who you are!

been here before

WE WANT A STATEMENT. 

A STATEMENT FROM THE CLUB.

ANY ***** GIE US A ****IN STATEMENT.

****IN RAGIN LIKE.

IM USING CAPS.

EVERY ***** OOT.

FACT.

Edited by been here before

eyesandears
1 minute ago, clouston1992 said:

There will still be FoH, just without the funding.

and what use is that going to be? 

Finlay James
9 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

When were you last at a board meeting?  Be interesting to hear more

CloustonHMFC
Just now, eyesandears said:

and what use is that going to be? 

I don’t disagree however to say ‘8000 of us is FoH’ or ‘we are buying the club’ is not exactly true.

Captain Canada

A sorry state of affairs on all sides it seems. I still don't understand how his apparently woeful lack of fitness wasn't picked up at the training camp though. 

I'd love to know the combined financial cost of signing Vanecek and Danny Amankwaa. 

Hopefully Vanecek will get to have his say in the coming days. 

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Pretty sure he said he’d be the top goalscorer in the Scottish Premiership? 

As I say, I wasn’t certain but had thought he was getting a rough ride on that front. 

Interesting if he did say that. Although it still is, to me, far more the clubs fault than the players. It’s embarrassing really.

1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

A sorry state of affairs on all sides it seems. I still don't understand how his apparently woeful lack of fitness wasn't picked up at the training camp though. 

I'd love to know the combined financial cost of signing Vanecek and Danny Amankwaa. 

Hopefully Vanecek will get to have his say in the coming days. 

Doubt it - probably a confidentially clause in play.

So has he gone or not?  Despite my Trump University degree, I can't make head nor tail of this.

Suppose I should have looked at the website first.  Will do that now.

StevenNaismith
22 minutes ago, Pagey said:

i'm interested in your view on this, as I think I read before that you did some scouting? What went wrong? What wasn't picked up in the reports or follow up? Anything to learn from it? I'm hoping you will have had some insights?

Players we sign from abroad are rarely physically watched in action. Most of the scouting is done from videos and stats available from Wyscout etc. 

From a fan point of view I’m absolutely dumbstruck how John Murray is still in his role. I like the man but his role has become almost untenable in my opinion.

The scouting network we have in place for the youth academy is very good and we will see the product of that over the coming years. That is down solely to Craig, the work he has done on this area over the last 5 years is incredible.

StevenNaismith
11 minutes ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Knew it like you knew what Osman Sow looked like?

No idea what that is meant to mean but if you look back at my posts on Vanecek you will see what I’ve been saying.

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

So has he gone or not?  Despite my Trump University degree, I can't make head nor tail of this.

Suppose I should have looked at the website first.  Will do that now.

Gone by mutual consent. Confirmed by the club ?

Wonder who next season's Vanacek will be.  It seems to be a death and taxes situation for us now every season.

eyesandears
4 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

When were you last at a board meeting?  Be interesting to hear more

I don't need to be in the Board meeting to know. Neither does anyone else. The evidence is all round us. Diligence is clearly going to have to be a major requirement going forward if we are to retain the trust of the fans in the judgement of the club directors. But that should be a given. Let's hope these errors that cost the club substantial sums can be minimised.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

They need to come out and tell the truth about this because it can't be anything to do with fitness ffs, he's had 6 months to get in shape. He's simply not good enough, and whoever scouted him is also not good enough.

Shite signings are a reoccurring theme post admin, so something has to change in the scouting department; maybe go and watch the players in a few matches before making any decision!!!

It could be personal reasons, domestic or mental health for all we know. 

The club would be ill advised to comment on something like that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Wonder who next season's Vanacek will be.  It seems to be a death and taxes situation for us now every season.

Whichever random name Levein and co stick a pin in

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Well done Craig Levein & Team for acting so quickly and resolving this matter. They obviously found ‘something’ that was incompatible with him being a professional footballer with Hearts. Sends a great message to the squad that you must comply or else no matter who you are!

Fear and intimidation is by far and above the best way to run a succesfull football team or any other business for that matter.

We are the new benchmark for success. We will be SPFL champions with this approach and attitude in exactly...........well never. Our current system is not condusive to success but the benchmark for mediocrity. Sorry for the spelling

15 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

I am supportive of CL but the Vanecek situation is a complete shambles, highlighting not only our defective recruitment process but also the treatment of players once they arrive. It’s all so hit or miss (and sadly, in practice, more miss than hit).

The whole episode reeks of amateurism and incompetence. Hearts recruitment is and has been very poor since we came out the Championship. Yes money is being wasted and certain people need to up their game or be released.

Glamorgan Jambo

A complete mess on the part of everyone including obviously Vanecek. After the saga started unfolding I actually watched his YouTube highlights video. It wasn't very impressive. I understand we don't watch overseas signings in person. I can understand that in some cases but when it's an important and critical signing then we should cough up the for air fares and a couple of nights in a Novotel. 

4 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It could be personal reasons, domestic or mental health for all we know. 

The club would be ill advised to comment on something like that.

Maybe Vanecek isn’t the one with these problems maybe it’s someone at Hearts.

Seriously just admit it he should never of been signed.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Definitely fault on both sides but I do think CL hung DV out to dry for his shoddiness when he arrived. CL then made a disastrous mess of the Rangers game at Ibrox when he play DV alongside Keena, two new guys that had never played together before. The tactics that day were laughable and we rightly got humped. DV also didn't fit with CL's old-school Scottish tactics of punting it up to the big guy up front to hold it up. DV can obviously score goals (hence he was not short of offers it would seem and I wish him well) but it is a shame that CL's inflexibility and his fondness for a sacrificial lamb (or two counting Martin) meant that there was no hope of DV succeeding. 

I don’t see many posts calling Vanecek out on this! He’s taken the right royal piss out our club picked up and wage and done nothing! He can go **** himself as far as I’m concerned!

Also unlike other signing shit shows,  Sammon and Martin for example we got shot of the waster pronto so at least we’re learning from mistakes here!

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, mitch41 said:

Maybe Vanecek isn’t the one with these problems maybe it’s someone at Hearts.

Seriously just admit it he should never of been signed.

I don't know. I was quite excited by the signing so I'm disappointed it didn't work out.  

I've no idea what the issue was but if it was a personal problem the club will quite rightly respect the guy's privacy.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
30 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

:rofl:

That's one way of looking at it.