Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

gowestjambo
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Just another expensive Levein disaster to add to a long list. Nobody should be surprised. 

No accountability, No explanation, just another complete waste of money that the fans are asked to accept.

There should be a statement from Ann Budge regarding this fiasco.

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

No accountability, No explanation, just another complete waste of money that the fans are asked to accept.

There should be a statement from Ann Budge regarding this fiasco.

:rofl:

??????

Really disappointed that this hasn’t worked out. Long list of striker signings that ended badly. How much money has been wasted on this one. Thankfully there was no fee involved. This regime can’t afford many more expensive mistakes. My patience is just about exhausted.

NaturalOrder74

Bit of a weird one, I remember his first start and he got taken off and cant remember him doing particularly bad, then he got slaughtered in the post game media.

What a let down he was meant to be the direct replacement for Lafferty, hopefully clears up some space for someone decent to come in

afanderson33
43 minutes ago, Ribble said:

5 days can be a fair amount of time in football, anything could have happened in that time!

5 days ago Vanacek might not have been willing to leave but since then tiplice could have said they'll take him back or we might have been willing to give him another chance but he's had a fitness test in those 5 days that has shown he's not done the work required/asked of him.

or he was talking crap. The loops people jump through to give 'ITKers' an out is staggering 

Clark Griswold

If anyone has watched the SPH interview with Si Ferry, it could be similar to when he first joined and told he was shite against hibs and wouldn’t play again if he put in another performance like that. Difference being Hartley was up for the challenge and worked his way back into the team. DV obviously not. Shit happens. Could be as simple as that. 

Perth to Paisley

explanation is simple -- Vanechek  didn't act professionally .. its that simple.

Club wont say anything in the same way your last ex boss gave you a good reference when happy to see the back of you!

Mr Elwood P
57 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Again, you don’t seem to know the difference between “want to” and “definitely will”. 

:laugh:

Give it up mate. Posting the same quotes again and again in the vain hope someone is going to agree with your bizarre view isn’t going to get you anywhere. 

He talked himself up. It is there in black and white. Concede that you were wrong and stop embarrassing yourself. If you are in any further doubt check his social media!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Just another expensive Levein disaster to add to a long list. Nobody should be surprised. 

Behave yourself everything is going to be wonderful next season.:mad:

Fair play to him for moving on.

As we’ve seen, some players are happy to sit tight and pick up wages knowing they won’t be playing any football.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Mike Tyson said:

You can’t actually believe that?

If he was unfit, surely that was either obvious in training or during the Cup game. Why give him another 30 minutes 3 days later? 

Also, towards the end, Levein stated he was fit, but was lacking confidence.

So, he couldn’t spot a players severe lack of fitness in weeks of training or a full 90 minutes of football. His way of ‘dealing with it’ shattered his confidence to the point of a mutual separation within 6 months. Or, the whole thing was to cover up the fact that the player was shite, and another example of woeful recruitment. In which of these scenarios did Levein do a ‘good job’?

Pretty much how I’m taking it until the club or player says otherwise. 

I wonder how deeply we scout players. Some clubs now don't only watch players in games, but check out about them socially and what they do and don't do.

Was Vanecek not as good as we thought? Was his attitude poor? Was there a personality clash? Does he have previous for this? 

Brighton Jambo

I just don't get the absolute seethe on here about this, well of course I actually do because its yet another opportunity to have a pop at CL.

All clubs make signings that don't work out, players that are signed and end up playing hardly any games before leaving.  We could all name the same from Celtic, Aberdeen, etc.

We have cut our losses probably at little cost to the club as its mutual consent so we wont have paid up his contract, we have acted decisively and freed up a wage for another player.

Its not ideal but its not worth the snotters and tears on here and from the sounds of it the player also takes a huge amount of responsibility for the situation. 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

“That’s why I wanted to come here. Ever since I was a boy my dream has been to play in British football. Now it’s happened I am very happy. I think my style will be very successful here.”

FFS what do you expect him to say ?

I feel a bit sorry for him.

He's never really had a chance to prove himself.

Probably do well elsewhere. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

FFS what do you expect him to say ?

I feel a bit sorry for him.

He's never really had a chance to prove himself.

Probably do well elsewhere. 

I’m just debating whether or not he talked himself up. Which he clearly did. I actually think he’s a decent player and will do well back in Europe.

August Landmesser
16 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I just don't get the absolute seethe on here about this, well of course I actually do because its yet another opportunity to have a pop at CL.

All clubs make signings that don't work out, players that are signed and end up playing hardly any games before leaving.  We could all name the same from Celtic, Aberdeen, etc.

We have cut our losses probably at little cost to the club as its mutual consent so we wont have paid up his contract, we have acted decisively and freed up a wage for another player.

Its not ideal but its not worth the snotters and tears on here and from the sounds of it the player also takes a huge amount of responsibility for the situation. 

This is far too reasonable a post, reported!

Predictably the CL supporters gloss over what has turned out to be yet another huge signing embarrassment. 

1 hour ago, Mike Tyson said:

You can’t actually believe that?

If he was unfit, surely that was either obvious in training or during the Cup game. Why give him another 30 minutes 3 days later? 

Also, towards the end, Levein stated he was fit, but was lacking confidence.

So, he couldn’t spot a players severe lack of fitness in weeks of training or a full 90 minutes of football. His way of ‘dealing with it’ shattered his confidence to the point of a mutual separation within 6 months. Or, the whole thing was to cover up the fact that the player was shite, and another example of woeful recruitment. In which of these scenarios did Levein do a ‘good job’?

CL take# the blame for signing a bad player, gets the credit for punting him ASAP. 

Without knowing any ins and outs, for me there’s blame on both parties.  Whatever, the entire sorry episode has been a shambles.  I’d rather the club sort out recruitment rather than have a statement from Ann Budge.

GorgieFifeLife

There are so many good things happening at the club but in terms of recruitment we are an absolute basket case of a club.  The old comfort blanket that this happens at other clubs too just does not cut it.  Our player recruitment over a number of years has been embarrassing and Vanecek is just one of many.  Theres no point in just glossing over this problem and expect it to go away as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the first sign of insanity. Wholesale changes are clearly required in the manner we conduct our recruitment.

Leveins Battalion

Taking a punt on a striker from abroad is always a risk,we all thought he looked decent going by his videos,I'm not going to lambast the scout too much for him,however spending cash on a striker from a city just over the forth road bridge that looks like hes never played the game is criminal from our scouts.

William H. Bonney
29 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

explanation is simple -- Vanechek  didn't act professionally .. its that simple.

Club wont say anything in the same way your last ex boss gave you a good reference when happy to see the back of you!

Same could be said of levein when he publicly criticised vanecek. 

Completely unnecessary. 

Silvery_Moon
On 11/06/2019 at 21:10, MaskedMarauder said:

Nothing announced yet but been told to go. Totally jacked it in with us. Nothing at all done over the summer that he’d been asked to do. Head and heart not in it 

:spoton:

What a strange, utterly bizarre encounter this has been. 

I wonder if we'll ever find out the true story of what happened. I wonder if there has been some sort of non-disclosure agreement signed in order to let him leave, so that it will never truly get out. 

I'll be watching his next move with interest, to work out if there is actually a player in there, or if we've been well and truly Ali Dia'd on this one :lol:

Brighton Jambo
18 minutes ago, Prof said:

Predictably the CL supporters gloss over what has turned out to be yet another huge signing embarrassment. 

Predictably the CL detractors use unwarranted melodramatic language to maximise the opportunity to criticise the manager.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

portobellojambo1

I've not read all the way through the last few pages, just been skipping through them and looking at general comments.

The only real thought I'm having is whether or not it is possible Teplice had an inkling this was going to be how it would end, and that is why they were so desperate for us to give them a lot of cash to try and get him a bit earlier than we did. Were they aware when they had him that he wasn't going to make it here, is it even possible (coz I don't know) that the videos which are produced as part of the sales promotion of some players can be doctored in some way to make them look an awful lot better than they actually are. A lot of clubs, not just us seem to look for and then purchase players having never actually viewed them in one game live, never mind having taken time to look at them against different levels of opponents over a number of games. Just a train of thought i had given the player was coming from the Czech Republic, where the locals like their beer, but there was never any stories of him getting involved in that while playing there, and yet on a 3/4 week holiday in Thailand he appears to have gone from a good striker to pretty pish.

All roads lead to Gorgie

It was on the cards as he had six months to get fit and couldn't even make the bench. We really need to get this recruitment problem sorted ASAP. 

Yes all clubs make signings that for some reason don't work out but we have gone overboard in the number of dud signings recently. 

46 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

People annoyed about this because in the context of last season not having another striker in the second half of the season really hurt us. Vanecek was supposed to be the solution to this and we didn't sign another striker in the window. 

Since the cup final the 2 most significant things to have happened have been paying off 2 players who contributed nothing to the club. Both a result of flawed recruitment under different managers. It's not great and we have quite a few other players on the books who have not improved the team significantly either. I am not sure if the solution is free up a wage and sign another player with questions surrounding them in the hope that they will flourish like a Peter Haring. It generally does not work out like that. I have a different opinion which I've outlined in a previous post. 

As regards the having a pop at Levein point then yes it is easy to use examples like this to have a go. And then other posters will come on defending him at all costs. I think if people are honest with themselves then the truth is somewhere in between. Let's see if the promise shown by some players blossoms in their second seasons and give young players a chance rather than sign some more lower league randoms and crossing our fingers. 

Edited by Jodami

Still contributed more to this season than wighton! That little lay off for clare in the Scottish game. Legend status confirmed.

Think Levein handled things poorly, but to turn up unfit as a professional athlete was unbelievably stupid and disrespectful.

Cert to go away and hit 15+ goals this season, but thats life. We move on. 

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

5 days can be a fair amount of time in football, anything could have happened in that time!

5 days ago Vanacek might not have been willing to leave but since then tiplice could have said they'll take him back or we might have been willing to give him another chance but he's had a fitness test in those 5 days that has shown he's not done the work required/asked of him.

Almost certainly confirmed that some club made him an offer and over the weekend decided to take it. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Still contributed more to this season than wighton! That little lay off for clare in the Scottish game. Legend status confirmed.

It's not funny, because it's true. 

58 minutes ago, Papa said:

Really disappointed that this hasn’t worked out. Long list of striker signings that ended badly. How much money has been wasted on this one. Thankfully there was no fee involved. This regime can’t afford many more expensive mistakes. My patience is just about exhausted.

Stop following football then because every club makes more failed signings than successful ones. 

CloustonHMFC
37 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Jesus wept.  

Let's play a game. Pretend you are Ann and give us a statement. 

‘The club would like to announce that Hearts and David Vanecek have today parted ways by mutual consent.

We’d like to wish David all the best in his future endeavours.’

That should be enough ??

Nobody can seriously be expecting a statement with a full blown account of what has went on? Do people realise how many employment laws that would break? Imagine you left your employment on bad terms and your employer put out a statement on their website telling everyone what happened. Folk need to get a grip man. 

Finlay James

What a shocker, any professional to pick up wages and not put in the effort is for me ridiculous.  I watched him in reserve games and he just couldn't be arsed.  I think the step up was just far too great for him.

well done to the club for dealing with this so swiftly.  We move on and learn.

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Knew this was gonna happen months ago, once Craig loses trust in you there’s usually no way back. Now that he’s gone it’s easier to say that his behaviour as a professional football player was diabolical. Good riddance.

i'm interested in your view on this, as I think I read before that you did some scouting? What went wrong? What wasn't picked up in the reports or follow up? Anything to learn from it? I'm hoping you will have had some insights?

2 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

‘The club would like to announce that Hearts and David Vanecek have today parted ways by mutual consent.

We’d like to wish David all the best in his future endeavours.’

That should be enough ??

Nobody can seriously be expecting a statement with a full blown account of what has went on? Do people realise how many employment laws that would break? Imagine you left your employment on bad terms and your employer put out a statement on their website telling everyone what happened. Folk need to get a grip man. 

Imagine you employ someone then publicly humiliate him almost immedately telling the world he is worse than useless.

Regardless of the ins and outs that is not a great way for an employer to behave. This will have cost us a huge sum of money. Go Jamtarts

CloustonHMFC
Just now, 7628mm said:

Imagine you employ someone then publicly humiliate him almost immedately telling the world he is worse than useless.

Regardless of the ins and outs that is not a great way for an employer to behave. This will have cost us a huge sum of money. Go Jamtarts

Right or wrong, that’s not my point. 

59 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

or he was talking crap. The loops people jump through to give 'ITKers' an out is staggering 

Or he told us what he heard 5 days ago, loops people jump through to slaughter other hearts fans is equally staggering

2 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

What a shocker, any professional to pick up wages and not put in the effort is for me ridiculous.  I watched him in reserve games and he just couldn't be arsed.  I think the step up was just far too great for him.

well done to the club for dealing with this so swiftly.  We move on and learn.

Step up?

eyesandears
Just now, 7628mm said:

Indeed. And it is OUR money. Not Ann's or Craig's, but our money that is being wasted.

2 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Indeed. And it is OUR money. Not Ann's or Craig's, but our money that is being wasted.

That's not how it works.

You hand your money over to the club and then it becomes their money.

Same as when you buy your messages, the money then belongs to Aldi.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Ann's siphoning off the FOH funds to pay for all of this.

It's the only rational explanation.

?