Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I think we can seriously say...he wont be missed (I've "unfriended" him on FB as well so that'll show im).

Harsh. ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Very similar  to Musemc, Witteween, Eskilson, Beslija, Makela, et al. Probably a lot more that I have forgotten as well. We have signed some duds over the years. 

Willie Irvine. 

Can't believe he is getting knocked for saying he wanted to be top scorer.I bet we were all happy when we initially read the interview.

Phil Dunphy
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I really, really like how you’ve posted this link three times, presumably without realising that it doesn’t prove your point at all. 

Quite the opposite, actually. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So is this what everyone has been going on about him bigging himself up :rofl:

My word seriously.  

Hopefully the next guy comes in and says he only wants to score 3 goals and win no cups. 

This might sound slightly naive but we as a support need to know what went wrong. 

There have been some clangers over the past few years this one needs to be explained properly as folks hard earned is being thrown at these no hopers. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

“Wants to” is different from “will be”,

wouldn’t you agree?

Yes, they are different words. I agree. 

Mr Elwood P

I really, really like how you’ve posted this link three times, presumably without realising that it doesn’t prove your point at all. 

Quite the opposite, actually. 

Can you read?

Bazzas right boot

Strange all round. 

Got to think his family never settled, his wife gave birth over here, no family, friends. 

He never hit the ground running either so he could not have been happy. 

Imagine moving abroad, nae pals, wife gives birth, nae family, your new job went South. 

You'd want to go back home. 

Good luck. 

We must have freed up a decent amount of wages now. 

Hopefully we see the new arrivals steaming in soon, although might have to wait until Moyes is announced, he'll want to stamp his own authority over the team. ?

32 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

And to think some JKB scouts wanted us to fork out the cash and get him here early.  I'm glad he's away - we haven't half sign some unbelievably shite players these last few seasons!

Ironically if came in early the Thailand trip might never have happened!

Edited by Poseidon

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Can you read?

Yup. I read an interview saying he wanted to be top goal scorer and win trophies at Hearts. Not that he was definitely going to do it. 

Trying to pan a player for wanting to do well is peak Kickback. 

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, Morph said:

So is this what everyone has been going on about him bigging himself up :rofl:

My word seriously.  

Hopefully the next guy comes in and says he only wants to score 3 goals and win no cups. 

Ambition seems to be a confusing concept to many on here. 

There is no way this guy is worse than Wighton.Given time to settle in and a proper run in the team he would have been an asset all imo of course.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

This might sound slightly naive but we as a support need to know what went wrong. 

There have been some clangers over the past few years this one needs to be explained properly as folks hard earned is being thrown at these no hopers. 

What if the reasons were personal? 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

It does not sound slightly naive. 

It's just plain ****ing stupid. 

SpruceBringsteen

Shite player stays for 3 years, this place greets. Shite player gets punted tout suite, this place greets.

Few of you could do with having a day off tbh. :lol:

Levein bigged him up before he arrived. Can't help but think he's not a bad player, just obviously pissed CL off. Move on though, there will be someone out there who can score more than 20 goals as a striker for us in a season. 

Mr Elwood P

Yup. I read an interview saying he wanted to be top goal scorer and win trophies at Hearts. Not that he was definitely going to do it. 

Trying to pan a player for wanting to do well is peak Kickback. 

You said he didn’t talk himself

up, three times. He clearly did, semantics over whether he was going to score the most goals or wanted to score the most goals.

He gave the impression he was going to bang in the goals. He rocked up unfit and one flick aside did nothing.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Ambition seems to be a confusing concept to many on here. 

The guy has probably just thought he’s given a wee nothing statement to the press about how he wants to do well and this is what it’s turned into :laugh:

Will be very frustrating if he starts banging them in for his next club, personalities potentially getting in the way of the team having a good player.  

37 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

And to think some JKB scouts wanted us to fork out the cash and get him here early.  I'm glad he's away - we haven't half sign some unbelievably shite players these last few seasons!

We almost bloody did apart from Teplice deciding they weren't gonna sell anymore. Thank god for them

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

What if the reasons were personal? 

Then without giving away in-depth details just simply say the minimum. Even say he left for personal reasons as things weren’t gong to plan rather than mutual consent. 

Phil Dunphy

up, three times. He clearly did, semantics over whether he was going to score the most goals or wanted to score the most goals.

He gave the impression he was going to bang in the goals. He rocked up unfit and one flick aside did nothing.

Surely you can’t actually believe that that article is him bigging himself up? :laugh:

Seriously, surely not?

:cornette:

*Player signs for new club, tells the press he wants to do well for them*

“***** THINKS HE’S MESSI”

I recall one of residents ikn’ers saying only a few days ago DV was fit and would get another chance.....or words to that effect.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why did we play him if he was unfit? And not just once. 

As regards his comments it's clearly the standard fayre you get from most strikers and most probably literally translated from his own language thus losing any nuance there may have been in his actual statement. 

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Morph said:

The guy has probably just thought he’s given a wee nothing statement to the press about how he wants to do well and this is what it’s turned into :laugh:

Will be very frustrating if he starts banging them in for his next club, personalities potentially getting in the way of the team having a good player.  

A player saying he wants to win things at his new club turning into people saying he was bigging himself up is peak Kickback :laugh:

Anyway, good luck to him. Seemed like a nice lad, just didn’t work out for him. 

Mr Elwood P

Surely you can’t actually believe that that article is him bigging himself up? :laugh:

Seriously, surely not?

:cornette:

*Player signs for new club, tells the press he wants to do well for them*

“***** THINKS HE’S MESSI”

Wanting to score the most goals in the Scottish Premiership, which includes the like of Morelos, Defoe and Edouard is definitely a bold personal target. You can see

why saying that would give folk

the impression that he was going to score some goals, don’t you ?

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Heard his inability/ unwillingness to communicate in our language was one of the problems so can’t really be accused of talking himself up, if true. 

5 minutes ago, Big Moysey said:

Levein bigged him up before he arrived. Can't help but think he's not a bad player, just obviously pissed CL off. Move on though, there will be someone out there who can score more than 20 goals as a striker for us in a season. 

Really the closest we have came to that since Robbo was Lafferty and Walker(he ain't a striker) who didn't quite reached the 20.Im struggling to think of many that even get near 10.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Shite player stays for 3 years, this place greets. Shite player gets punted tout suite, this place greets.

Few of you could do with having a day off tbh. :lol:

??????????????

Phil Dunphy

Wanting to score the most goals in the Scottish Premiership, which includes the like of Morelos, Defoe and Edouard is definitely a bold personal target. You can see

why saying that would give folk

the impression that he was going to score some goals, don’t you ?

No, you’re right. That throwaway comment about him wanting to do well for Hearts is basically him saying he’s Raul. 

I hope any players coming into Hearts tell us they only want to score three goals and avoid relegation from now on. Positivity isn’t our bag. 

11 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It does not sound slightly naive. 

It's just plain ****ing stupid. 

Not at all.  Hyped up by many including the club and leaves with out a whimper not even sufficient game time to allow a proper appraisal by the fans. Let’s be clear here it’s obvious the club or most probably John Murray didn’t appraise his ability or temperament sufficiently for him to be a success. He is now one of many as indicated by others.    

Edited by Dannie Boy

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, you’re right. That throwaway comment about him wanting to do well for Hearts is basically him saying he’s Raul. 

I hope any players coming into Hearts tell us they only want to score three goals and avoid relegation from now on. Positivity isn’t our bag. 

“That’s why I wanted to come here. Ever since I was a boy my dream has been to play in British football. Now it’s happened I am very happy. I think my style will be very successful here.”

23 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

You can’t actually believe that?

If he was unfit, surely that was either obvious in training or during the Cup game. Why give him another 30 minutes 3 days later? 

Also, towards the end, Levein stated he was fit, but was lacking confidence.

So, he couldn’t spot a players severe lack of fitness in weeks of training or a full 90 minutes of football. His way of ‘dealing with it’ shattered his confidence to the point of a mutual separation within 6 months. Or, the whole thing was to cover up the fact that the player was shite, and another example of woeful recruitment. In which of these scenarios did Levein do a ‘good job’?

Sometimes it just doesn’t work out with a player.  Best to get them out of the door ASAP.

Didn't work out. Money saved off the payroll so limited wage thief tendencies. Hopefully lessons learnt, get someone else who will fit in and be an asset to the team. Onto the next one..

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Why did we play him if he was unfit? And not just once. 

As regards his comments it's clearly the standard fayre you get from most strikers and most probably literally translated from his own language thus losing any nuance there may have been in his actual statement. 

Perhaps didn’t realise how lacking in match sharpness he was until

he saw him in a match. Then wanted to get him match fit. Then gave up with him or they’ve fallen out.

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Really the closest we have came to that since Robbo was Lafferty and Walker(he ain't a striker) who didn't quite reached the 20.Im struggling to think of many that even get near 10.

Velicka?

1 minute ago, Pagey said:

Hopefully lessons learnt, get someone else who will fit in and be an asset to the team. Onto the next one..

We don’t seem to be very good at doing this at present. 

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

“That’s why I wanted to come here. Ever since I was a boy my dream has been to play in British football. Now it’s happened I am very happy. I think my style will be very successful here.”

One sentence? You’re basing his whole “bigging himself up” on one ****ing sentence?

:laugh:

That’s a bit of a comedown from you previously saying he told us he was 100% going to be the top goalscorer in the league.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

Not at all.  Hyped up by many including the club and leaves with out a whimper not even sufficient game time to allow a proper appraisal by the fans. Let’s be clear here it’s obvious the club or most probably John Murray didn’t appraise his ability or temperament sufficiently for him to be a success. He now one of many as indicated by others.    

Appraisal by the fans ????

Poor signing leaves club. Shocker. 

Go and check how many players have left clubs, it's part and parcel of the game. 

Some work out, some don't. 

The reasons for letting a player go by mutual consent is obvious. 

We don't want him, he doesn't want to be here. 

No explanation needed, "mutual consent" covers all you and I need to know. 

Go and email the club or write a letter if you want an explanation, doubt they will risk breaking the law though and indulge you on why  a contract of employment was terminated with one of it's employees. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

Not at all.  Hyped up by many including the club and leaves with out a whimper not even sufficient game time to allow a proper appraisal by the fans. Let’s be clear here it’s obvious the club or most probably John Murray didn’t appraise his ability or temperament sufficiently for him to be a success. He now one of many as indicated by others.    

Appraisal by the fans ????

Poor signing leaves club. Shocker. 

Go and check how many players have left clubs, it's part and parcel of the game. 

Some work out, some don't. 

The reasons for letting a player go by mutual consent is obvious. 

We don't want him, he doesn't want to be here. 

No explanation needed, "mutual consent" covers all you and I need to know. 

Go and email the club or write a letter if you want an explanation, doubt they will risk breaking the law though and indulge you on why  a contract of employment was terminated with one of it's employees. 

indianajones

Embarrassing. 

Sounding like a broken record but the manager, backroom staff (every single scout) needs emptied. 

Complete and utter joke of a club with signings recently. 

Mr Elwood P

One sentence? You’re basing his whole “bigging himself up” on one ****ing sentence?

:laugh:

That’s a bit of a comedown from you previously saying he told us he was 100% going to be the top goalscorer in the league.

“I want to score the most goals in the Scottish league, and help Hearts win a trophy as well,” he stated.

Rangers signed Umar Sadiq and from the very first training session every Rangers player knew he wasn’t going to fit in or make it. Your first biggest challenge at a new club is making a positive impression with your new team

mates. If you fail to make a impact with your team mates then you’ll always struggle. That’s what it come down to with Vanecek, IMO. His touch, his finishing, his passing all miles off it according to what I heard from players and coaches (Paul Gallagher, Jamie Brandon). That’s what killed him here. 

Managements first day back today and all ready getting things rolling in a positive way. Either way you look at the Vanecek situation at least the club have acted quickly and got him out the door. Having players like him, Sammon, Martin etc round the club mustve been doom and gloom for the players. Fresh start.