Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

Jambof3tornado

Pathetic waste of money and questions should be asked. 

We are throwing extra money at our club and every penny should be well invested.

Too much has been spent on wages we have seen little return on, vanecek, amankwa, martin etc.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Prove it before you say it.

Prove what?  Prove it was the players attitude before spouting its his fault then.  

Dagger Is Back

Levein has made a big noise about recruiting players with the right character. Clearly someone at the club has called this one, way wrong. We'll probably never really know whether or not collars have been felt and lessons learned. I hope we have.

DV himself though is an absolute disgrace. Had a massive opportunity on a personal level and had us eating out of his hand pre arrival. He's let the club down, us down and himself and his family down

He can FO as far as I'm concerned.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We are throwing extra money at our club and every penny should be well invested.

Too much has been spent on wages we have seen little return on, vanecek, amankwa, martin etc.

Too many in our support don't want to question anything

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You could add Levein to that regarding wages.

vlad on the tyne

Recruitment has been wrong for too long. Absolute embarrassment considering how much we spend ?

Horatio Caine
29 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Whichever random name Levein and co stick a pin in

Shit! We resorting to voodoo now?

Captain America

Every season since 2014 we have signed a major dud. Now every team signs duds, but ours always seem to come with high expectations that makes them even more disappointing. 

Osh, Martin, Amankwaa, Sammon, El Hass, Vanecek and there is quite a few more who have not been great. 

We have hit the transfer jackpot a few times with our signings. Sow, Souttar, Haring, Lafferty and Djoum to name a few but I think over the piece our success rate with players has to under 50% when it comes to new signings.

Edited by Captain America

davemclaren
1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

‘The club would like to announce that Hearts and David Vanecek have today parted ways by mutual consent.

We’d like to wish David all the best in his future endeavours.’

That should be enough ??

Nobody can seriously be expecting a statement with a full blown account of what has went on? Do people realise how many employment laws that would break? Imagine you left your employment on bad terms and your employer put out a statement on their website telling everyone what happened. Folk need to get a grip man. 

Exactly. People often leave to ‘pursue other opportunities’. 

33 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The whole episode reeks of amateurism and incompetence. Hearts recruitment is and has been very poor since we came out the Championship. Yes money is being wasted and certain people need to up their game or be released.

Strange you don’t mention Vanacek’s amateurism and incompetence? 

Edited by soonbe110

30 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Maybe Vanecek isn’t the one with these problems maybe it’s someone at Hearts.

Seriously just admit it he should never of been signed.

Pure speculation on your part blaming ‘someone at Hearts’ 

What an absolute cluster-**** of a signing!

At least the waster is off the payroll. 

CL didn’t exactly cover himself in glory during this farce either.

Why are folk so upset. 

Some signings work and some don't. 

I'll sleep tonight but a few on here look like they will be rocking back and forth clutching their pillows. 

Good luck to DV going forward. 

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

People often leave to ‘pursue other opportunities’. 

Something other than professional football, in big Dave's case. He's good at social media - he could be an influencer, perhaps?

Feels like many people making more of this than it actually was. Which gets added to by more people and eventually the truth gets lost in the shite and all that's left is the shite.

I await Michael Stewarts article running Levein into the ground for lots of things he probably didn't do.

5 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Every season since 2014 we have signed a major dud. Now every team signs duds, but ours always seem to come with high expectations that makes them even more disappointing. 

Osh, Martin, Amankwaa, Sammon, El Hass, Vanecek and there is quite a few more who have not been great. 

We have hit the transfer jackpot a few times with our signings. Sow, Souttar, Haring, Lafferty and Djoum to name a few but I think over the piece our success rate with players has to under 50% when it comes to new signings.

We signed loads of duds before 2014 as well. Probably at least one every season. Jeez,  Vlad signed about 15 duds in the one window. JJ wasted a lot of the SMG money on duds. It’s football, it happens, get over it. Chelsea had over 35 players out on loan last season, probably only 3 or 4 will ever play for the first team. That’s  circa 30 duds who all cost a lot more than anyone we have ever signed. 

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You could add Levein to that regarding wages.

Don't want to particularly bash Levein, I've done that on plenty other threads.

I'd love Levein to explain key signings that have failed miserably and what the club is doing to ensure we see value for money from signings.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Something other than professional football, in big Dave's case. He's good at social media - he could be an influencer, perhaps?

Good idea. He certainly influenced a lot on here to look forward to his arrival - including me. 

4 hours ago, Cade said:

What an absolute embarrassment this entire thing has been.

Levein's scouting network is in a shambles.

Well

He signed a striker from a better technical league that scored goals regularly for a team that wasn’t title challenging.

In theory one of our lower risk signings i’d say.

PJ1 knows the score from inside the club at a certain level.

45 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I don’t see many posts calling Vanecek out on this! He’s taken the right royal piss out our club picked up and wage and done nothing! He can go **** himself as far as I’m concerned!

Also unlike other signing shit shows,  Sammon and Martin for example we got shot of the waster pronto so at least we’re learning from mistakes here!

Best post on the thread :rofl:

I know folk have said that we've signed way too many duds in Levein's time. But we've basically had to rebuild the squad 4 times over that period. That's a hell of a lot of signings so obviously there'll be a higher amount of duds than previous eras.

1st season - rebuild an entire club from ****ing scratch, youth, the works. Built a squad that pissed the league in record style. 

2nd season - rebuild the squad to compete at a much higher level. Finished 3rd.

3rd season - had to sign players that would do well in Europe. Then had to sign players for Cathro. This was a poor season of signings. 

4th/5th season - had to rebuild from Cathro. We've seen Smith, Lafferty, McGlaughlin, Uche, Mulraney. All good signings. 

I really don't think our hit/miss ratio is that bad. What I think has happened is that a couple of high-ish profile ones have failed, and failed spectacularly. Osh, Sammon, Martin, Vanacek. But I don't think we've signed that many duds considering the constant improvements that the squad has required. 

Really disappointing how this has all worked out. Seemed a reasonable signing. 

No one comes out well from this. 

33 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Do you suggest we just sign players without high expectations?

I've quite enjoyed the whole debacle. It's nice to reminisce, reminds me of the Romanov days...just a shame we won't get a borderline slanderous statement on the back of it all.

2 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

Really disappointing how this has all worked out. Seemed a reasonable signing. 

No one comes out well from this. 

Both parties have come out well, if anything we've done better and thankyou to David for agreeing it wasn't working and leaving so early into the contract. He didn't have to.

He's gone, someone else will take his place and might turn out poorly and might struggle to get into the 1st eleven, that's football. Goodbye David.

Case closed...

28 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I'd love Levein to explain key signings that have failed miserably and what the club is doing to ensure we see value for money from signings.

He'd be the first manager in football history to do that if he achieved it.

31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Conveniently ignoring the fact we’ve clearly not done our due diligence (yet again) in thorough research, resulting in amateurism and incompetence! The art of deflection is rife on here at the moment!

10 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Both parties have come out well, if anything we've done better and thankyou to David for agreeing it wasn't working and leaving so early into the contract. He didn't have to.

He's gone, someone else will take his place and might turn out poorly and might struggle to get into the 1st eleven, that's football. Goodbye David.

Case closed...

Yip, win win, if you’re wearing blinkers. Sweep it under the carpet and move on to the next conveyor belt of duds, meanwhile nobody’s accountable.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ah the days of when this boy would replace Lafferty! :facepalm:

The days of people claiming he would come good. :facepalm:

Seriously, sack John Murray and sack Wyscout please.

I don't often comment on this board but this saga infuriates me. Levein has obviously made a complete mess of this. Whoever scouted him is actually irrelevant. Levein sanctioned the signing should have laid down fitness expectations, monitored him in training but he only picked him when he thought he could contribute!! Total lack of man/player management. No real updates throughout his time with us. Total balls up. Yes you can  point the finger at Vanacek in terms of apparent lack of fitness but for goodness sake why do we have fitness coaches who can't get players to do what they actually want. No word of any transfer targets at all from Hearts. I renewed two season tickets last week but after following the Hearts since 1957 I doubt my sanity!!!!

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I just wish I had your insight on all matters Geoff.  Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us less enlightened folks on this football chat room though, appreciated. 

Ball pitched in air for you to respond and smash me with your razor wit.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

The whole episode reeks of amateurism and incompetence. Hearts recruitment is and has been very poor since we came out the Championship. Yes money is being wasted and certain people need to up their game or be released.

Yup I certainly wasted a few quid sponsoring that donkey. In fact donkeys are useful things. DV signing and his contribution was just useless. Someone should be accountable for this shambolic, embarrassing and needless waste of club funds imo!

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, EH11 said:

I just wish I had your insight on all matters Geoff.  Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us less enlightened folks on this football chat room though, appreciated. 

Ball pitched in air for you to respond and smash me with your razor wit.

You're welcome. I've no intention of "smashing" you though. For once, I just wish someone in our football department took accountability for yet another screw up. Too much to ask I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Yup I certainly wasted a few quid sponsoring that donkey. In fact donkeys are useful things. DV signing and his contribution was just useless. Someone should be accountable for this shambolic, embarrassing and needless waste of club funds imo!

Bang on

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Murray’s job seems safer than Levein’s ffs. 

Rocky jamboa

I wonder if we'll hear vanecek's side of the story, now he's left. 

Although it sounds like he came back unfit, everyone makes mistakes and surely he would have been fit after a month or so of training full time? He looked ok the times I saw him and wasn't really given a chance.

There's more to this than meets the eye. Fair play to him for moving on, unlike Martin, wasting 3 years of his career picking up a decent wage. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

A sorry state of affairs on all sides it seems. I still don't understand how his apparently woeful lack of fitness wasn't picked up at the training camp though. 

I'd love to know the combined financial cost of signing Vanecek and Danny Amankwaa. 

Hopefully Vanecek will get to have his say in the coming days. 

Vanacek and Amankwaa were both on 18 month contracts and left before the end so they will definitely not be as financially disastrous as some wish it was!  

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It's totally our fault signing him. We'd be just as well signing you.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I've not read all the way through the last few pages, just been skipping through them and looking at general comments.

The only real thought I'm having is whether or not it is possible Teplice had an inkling this was going to be how it would end, and that is why they were so desperate for us to give them a lot of cash to try and get him a bit earlier than we did. Were they aware when they had him that he wasn't going to make it here, is it even possible (coz I don't know) that the videos which are produced as part of the sales promotion of some players can be doctored in some way to make them look an awful lot better than they actually are. A lot of clubs, not just us seem to look for and then purchase players having never actually viewed them in one game live, never mind having taken time to look at them against different levels of opponents over a number of games. Just a train of thought i had given the player was coming from the Czech Republic, where the locals like their beer, but there was never any stories of him getting involved in that while playing there, and yet on a 3/4 week holiday in Thailand he appears to have gone from a good striker to pretty pish.

Surely if that was true they would’ve accepted the offer we made. They did the exact opposite and want him back, he clearly fits in better back there.

gorgieheart
4 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Correct.  Let’s say nothing at all about another complete disaster of a signing. 

Dont think that's what I said.. is it...

But you carry on if it makes you feel better.. night night  ! 

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Murray’s job seems safer than Levein’s ffs. 

This is something I constantly hear from people who have been involved in the club in various guises, or know people involved.

Very rarely spoken of in a positive light in my experience. Always struck me as strange.

Jambof3tornado
39 minutes ago, graygo said:

He'd be the first manager in football history to do that if he achieved it.

Balls. Plenty managers dont get away with signing so many duffers!!

Far too many happy clappers still.

Cannot blame the club for a player being so unprofessional that he turns up out of shape mid-season. However, there has to be some accountability for why we played him when unfit -  If it is true that the junior coaches take the team Mon-Thur then Levein rocks up watches a session on Friday and picks the team on Saturday, then this clearly did not work...Someone failed to tell Levein that Vanacek was badly out of shape. 

Someone also failed to check that the guy we had a pre-contract with was worth signing in January...

There are serious questions /doubts about the competency of the scouting dept at Hearts IMO.

Someone or some people - be they coaches, scouts whoever has made Levein and Hearts look foolish. It may even have been Levein himself...Too many hats perhaps.

Edited by Spellczech

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Do you have an interest in football or purely Hearts? If football in general, have a look at any team on this website and you will find every single club, at every single level makes countless ‘dud’

signings every season. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Balls. Plenty managers dont get away with signing so many duffers!!

Far too many happy clappers still.

So what manager has been able to "ensure value for money from signings"?

That was the words you used, just one name will do.

portobellojambo1
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely if that was true they would’ve accepted the offer we made. They did the exact opposite and want him back, he clearly fits in better back there.

I didn't for a second suggest it was true (which is why I said coz I don't know quite early on), it was just a thought. I think it is a train of thought because I find it difficult to believe that someone could be leaving a club (Teplice) where he is scoring goals regularly and doing well and after spending only 3/4 weeks on holiday turn into an overweight physical wreck, who wasn't very good at football.

The bit about the money is more difficult to answer, I don't know how much we offered or how much they were expecting, and can't even remember figures which were quoted, if they were, in the press.

Edited by portobellojambo1