***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

3 hours ago, maggieb said:

I bow to you sir/madam , I love Craig and want to see him run the course [not everyone s thought though]with no injuries etc, more importantly throughout the hard times, backing the team to move forward is our goal ,be it with whoever,

FTH 

cmon HEARTS

👍🏻

Would love to see Craig lift a trophy. Ultimately he’s been backed massively by Budge and has brought in the players of quality he’s wanted. 

If he cannot get us firing with the calibre of player we have now, there’s no doubt a change is needed, but full support for now. 

Massive month or so ahead. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Cygnet said:

See, if this sort of thing is true it says it all about the attitude in our squad. Instead of thinking “right, I’m going to knock my pan in and prove that I deserve to be picked” it’s a case of just throwing the toys out the pram (if this is true of course). 

Decent observation.    Could be true to an extent.     Some players hit a ceiling of graft,   thinking they should be playing but in reality they're coasting.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Henderson did fine when he came on he got on the ball , moved it about , ran with it a few times , prob had as many touches as anyone second half and was out on the chalk on the left a lot of the time. Fair play giving him a go he’s been doing well for the reserves by all accounts. 

Morrison hasn’t really done much , Cochrane has done nothing recently , Hickey has been good , Irving struggled in chances last year - he’s looked far better and more composed this. Keena is weird as he does well for the reserves/on loan etc but has been fairly crap in the first team.

Totally with you on that. Clearly too good for League 1 & 2.

Never kicked a ball in our first team.

I think he needs to go out to the Championship for a season and score 15-20 goals before he’s considered a viable option. 

Alex Kintner
49 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Levein wont sign Cummings sadly. He isnt a "defensive" forward, far to attack minded for our team and he might score a goal or two.

:wtfvlad:

1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Tam McManus tweeted hibs have a player “in cumming”. 

No sure how often he is correct but sounds like they have it wrapped up. 

If he is going there it's cause they are the only team interested in him.

51 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Levein wont sign Cummings sadly. He isnt a "defensive" forward, far to attack minded for our team and he might score a goal or two.

Kind of lost your point when we are trying to sign Meshino

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Totally with you on that. Clearly too good for League 1 & 2.

Never kicked a ball in our first team.

I think he needs to go out to the Championship for a season and score 15-20 goals before he’s considered a viable option. 

I'd really like to try and get our youngsters out to clubs like Livingston, Hamilton & St Mirren. Financially the weakest clubs in the division, so likely to offer the best potential for playing time. Getting lads like Keena out to those sorts of clubs is ideal in that it would challenge them at this level and actually let us see if they have the skills to do it. Championship is shite, League 1 & 2 doesn't offer anything beyond personal development and minutes.

Ryan Hardie for example did well at Livi, and its shambolic Gerrard immediately punts him rather than giving the laddie a shot. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

He will score for Hibs first derby.

Just like Shankland in the League Cup.

6 1 he can have his consolation 

:verysmug:

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd really like to try and get our youngsters out to clubs like Livingston, Hamilton & St Mirren. Financially the weakest clubs in the division, so likely to offer the best potential for playing time. Getting lads like Keena out to those sorts of clubs is ideal in that it would challenge them at this level and actually let us see if they have the skills to do it. Championship is shite, League 1 & 2 doesn't offer anything beyond personal development and minutes.

Ryan Hardie for example did well at Livi, and its shambolic Gerrard immediately punts him rather than giving the laddie a shot. 

I’m a bit wary of that because as a striker, I’d prefer to see him getting goals under his belt at a level he’d be comfortable at than perhaps not playing every week, getting dropped or only getting 1 or 2 chances per game in a struggling SPFL side.

Like you say, going to a bottom 6 side would pose a greater challenge and really test him. 

You have to remember Ryan Hardie had loads of loans to the Championship before stepping up with Livi. Keena has only had a short period at Dunfermline. 

I suppose that is Gary Naysmiths remit now to find a place that will allow our young guys to get better. 

Either way, i’d be surprised if he stayed here this season.

I have to say the squad now looks good, it’s a shame we are a bit behind with the season started and dropped points but I would prefer the calibre if players we have and wait.

we just need them to get and we are good to go, someone is going to take a pasting...Levein will get the credit shortly similar to the negativity he gets now...

Sign the Man City lad and the squad looks utterly fantastic. Now to get a tune out of them and this could be a great season.

looking forward to going to Motherwell now

2 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

How stupid can some people get?

Amazing to think as negative and full of shit as this thread has been - this has potentially been the biggest and best window as far as signings has been since Burley - maybe it's time to enjoy the fact that this has happened in our watch? I think this season will bear fruit...

Arthur Morgan
18 minutes ago, slashishere said:

Amazing to think as negative and full of shit as this thread has been - this has potentially been the biggest and best window as far as signings has been since Burley - maybe it's time to enjoy the fact that this has happened in our watch? I think this season will bear fruit...

It's more the manager I'm worried about rather than the players. We have a great squad now but you also need a good manager. Look at Kilmarnock so far this season. 

Jambo 4 Ever
3 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

He will score for Hibs first derby.

Just like Shankland in the League Cup.

This

cummings and shankland would have been better than what we have now 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Sign the Man City lad and the squad looks utterly fantastic. Now to get a tune out of them and this could be a great season.

Utterly fantastic is a bit OTT 

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Utterly fantastic is a bit OTT 

I actually agree. Our squad is packed with internationals, Ex EPL and ex English championship players among others who have played at a reasonable level either comparable or higher than the Scottish premier. Sprinkled with some very promising young players from our academy.

We really have no excuses now. It's a great squad. If they don't start putting teams to the sword soon then I'm afraid there's only one man left to shoulder the blame.

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Agreed. If you looked at both our transfer windows thus far, you’d be forgiven for thinking that it was HMFC and not HFC that had been taken over by a multi-zillionaire! Oh well, natural order resumed ...

BackOfTheNet

Anyone looking at us signing:

Halkett

Washington

Walker

Naismith

Damour

Pereira

Whelan

Meshino (potentially)

(as well as keeping our best players and letting some fringe players off the wage bill)

...if you’re looking at that and thinking we’ve had a bad window you’re delusional. If you think it’s bad because we didn’t sign Cummings or Lafferty then you have absolutely no idea about the modern game of football and team dynamics.

Not to mention the window is still open for over two weeks.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Another example of how far we have came in a short period of time. Whelan, Demour, Naismith, Berra, Halcket, Soutter, Washington, and 2 promising youngsters from 2 of the biggest clubs in the world!! 

We have been awful for a while but we have a squad we never thought we would have, have a bit of patience as these guys wouldn’t be here unless our management team didn’t have the right attitude and determination as players and clubs of the standard we have brought in would see right through slaver and bull*hit. 

Our staring 11 will be very different in the next week or 2. 

Edited by Mdoug79

This late plunge into the market before the window closes is probably a reaction to the way the team has played so far, and looking like we would struggle. There is no way this was the plan. But there would be more to worry about if there was no reaction. In terms of our recent "rebuilds" this is the biggest punt. It would be great if this all came together right away but our next two games are really tough and we must hope for the best but look beyond that. Yes questions will be asked if we are not able now to compete at the top end, but let's get behind the team for now, play our part and start enjoying it, get Tynecastle bouncing again and see where it takes us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

This late plunge into the market before the window closes is probably a reaction to the way the team has played so far, and looking like we would struggle. There is no way this was the plan. But there would be more to worry about if there was no reaction. In terms of our recent "rebuilds" this is the biggest punt. It would be great if this all came together right away but our next two games are really tough and we must hope for the best but look beyond that. Yes questions will be asked if we are not able now to compete at the top end, but let's get behind the team for now, play our part and start enjoying it, get Tynecastle bouncing again and see where it takes us.

A voice of reason. 

I think the plan was to give the younger ones a chance first. This was Plan B.

It will not click immediately. It could take several weeks in truth. 

I would like to see the team flowing by the time we reach the Derby. That's just over a month,  there's an international break which may hinder us, but if we need double or treble sessions that is what should happen 

GorgieFifeLife
10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Aye, all these signings with EPL and English Championship experience have me worried about Levein’s ability to spot a player! We now have a very good squad, assembled almost entirely by Levein. Time to deliver. If Zanatta was all that,

better teams than Raith and Alloa would have taken him on loan.

Haha come on the players he has brought in this season have done nothing yet. I'm talking about the rivers of shite he has signed in the last few years.  I see you are one of the few left with their head still in the sand.  Your love for him is quite sweet though!

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Skacelsid said:

This isn’t a late plunge. There’s over two weeks left of the window. Halkett, Washington and Walker were tied up early, Naismith was waiting until August and Damour and Whelan have been in the works for a month. None of those signings have been a reaction to anything. You could argue Pereira but according to some that’s been in the works for weeks too. Meshino perhaps but if an opportunity like that presents itself you take it, however as others pointed out the speed in which this possible loan has formulated since his transfer to Man City points to a more likely possibility this has been in the works too. I mean Meshino wasn’t a concoction on the back of the County game since he was there himself.

25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This isn’t a late plunge. There’s over two weeks left of the window. Halkett, Washington and Walker were tied up early, Naismith was waiting until August and Damour and Whelan have been in the works for a month. None of those signings have been a reaction to anything. You could argue Pereira but according to some that’s been in the works for weeks too. Meshino perhaps but if an opportunity like that presents itself you take it, however as others pointed out the speed in which this possible loan has formulated since his transfer to Man City points to a more likely possibility this has been in the works too. I mean Meshino wasn’t a concoction on the back of the County game since he was there himself.

Thanks for saving me the bother - perfectly summed up - how can it be a late plunge when the window is open for 2 more weeks!

Honestly you couldn't make it up...

Actually you could we'll have roasters on the last day of it whining if we don't sign anyone on that day or if we sign someone who's Irish or not Irish or young or old or experienced or inexperienced or wears pink boots or yellow boots or has hair bun or hair band.......

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Haha come on the players he has brought in this season have done nothing yet. I'm talking about the rivers of shite he has signed in the last few years.  I see you are one of the few left with their head still in the sand.  Your love for him is quite sweet though!

Sweet will be the word, when it all clicks and I can sit here smug.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

My patience has been gone since Stenhousemuir to be honest.

Take him out of the thought process for a minute, logic tells me this will take a few weeks for everyone to get up to speed.

You can call it bad planning, which seems to be the next put down, but reality is somewhat different. These players are not becoming available, they will happily wait until the end of the English window, giving them the luxury of the Scottish fall back position.

I would like to know what training is like. Double sessions are whats called for until we get it right.

Great transfer window for us. Would he have signed the Man u goalie,Whelan and Damour if we played better in the league cup ? I've no idea. I worry that he really did see Zlamal as our no 1 and Bozanic as a starter every week, his wearing of no 7 makes me think this was so.

Anyway heading to Motherwell in a more optimistic mood than I was post Saturday's fiasco.

GorgieFifeLife
40 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Sweet will be the word, when it all clicks and I can sit here smug.

Hope so.

29 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Great transfer window for us. Would he have signed the Man u goalie,Whelan and Damour if we played better in the league cup ? I've no idea. I worry that he really did see Zlamal as our no 1 and Bozanic as a starter every week, his wearing of no 7 makes me think this was so.

Anyway heading to Motherwell in a more optimistic mood than I was post Saturday's fiasco.

Yeah

Just need to hit the ground running in games. Guys on the pitch need to make an impact.

Just a concern players still getting up to fitness and playing together. 

11 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Still a real striker short IMO but, hopefully either Washington starts rattling them in or Zanatta/Keena step up. Looks like we might be creating more chances at least

40 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Still a real striker short IMO but, hopefully either Washington starts rattling them in or Zanatta/Keena step up. Looks like we might be creating more chances at least

Can't see either of them getting a real chance especially Zanatta. More chance of him going out on loan again espcially if we make any more signings.

So if we manage to get a work permit for Japanese guy, is that us definately finished this window apart from a few outgoing from the squad?

Just now, stevie1874 said:

So if we manage to get a work permit for Japanese guy, is that us definately finished this window apart from a few outgoing from the squad?

Been talk of a striker 

Pasquale for King
19 hours ago, innerjambo said:

The decision was even more baffling, because Henderson is shit compared to Keena. Henderson will be binned before too long anyway, he won't make it at this level imo.

I can honestly say I’ve never seen the boy show anything,as soon as he scores a goal in the reserves he’s right back in. Was he on loan last season, did he do anything of note? Can’t see him making it at all. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

My patience has been gone since Stenhousemuir to be honest.

Take him out of the thought process for a minute, logic tells me this will take a few weeks for everyone to get up to speed.

You can call it bad planning, which seems to be the next put down, but reality is somewhat different. These players are not becoming available, they will happily wait until the end of the English window, giving them the luxury of the Scottish fall back position.

I would like to know what training is like. Double sessions are whats called for until we get it right.

Bad planning and disorganised originated from his only boss.

Others could tell you about training but does it not consist of two hours a day Mon/Tue/Thur/Friday on a normal week? Is it any wonder players seem to go backwards the longer they’re here, especially those used to more training.

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can honestly say I’ve never seen the boy show anything,as soon as he scores a goal in the reserves he’s right back in. Was he on loan last season, did he do anything of note? Can’t see him making it at all. 

Henderson was out at Montrose in league 1 until January. Did very little from what I can see, then returned to play a few games in the reserves, got a handful of goals, but too few and far between. 

26 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Wouldn’t shock me if Lafferty ended up at Hibs.

Was thinking that myself. Lafferty and Cummings.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Henderson was out at Montrose in league 1 until January. Did very little from what I can see, then returned to play a few games in the reserves, got a handful of goals, but too few and far between. 

Seems to have done less than Zanatta but given more chances, strange one.