***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

If we can get another striker along with the boy from Man City would be a great window.

Suspect we might offload Bozanic, Maclean, Zlamal and Lee

Loan out Keena, Burns and Henderson

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

7 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

If we can get another striker along with the boy from Man City would be a great window.

Keena seems to score every time he plays for the reserves or youth teams. Must be due a few first team appearances? I'm a Levein fan boy but Henderson coming on instead of Keena last Saturday was baffling!

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Ummmmmmmm they know how to score goals!!!

remind me how many Washington has scored over the last year?

I know how to score goals..... Why not sign me?!

Does Lafferty & Cummings come with the ability to control an aimless punt up the park, turn and beat a man and finish the ball... that’s what we are currently expecting our strikers to do.

We need to start playing some football, ideally getting the ball into wide areas and getting some proper service into the strikers.

Edited by E3OBE

Tennant's  6's
12 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

That would be superb, although I can see Keena & Bozanic being kept on as squad players, not sure about Burns.

Keena sems to be one of the few plaers in the squad that always looks to get a strike at goal. 

Zanatta has got to be in contention too, much more effective out wide that Walker or Clare

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

We need to start playing some football, ideally getting the ball into wide areas and getting some proper service into the strikers.

A sentiment echoed by just about everyone on this board, you can but hope

With some hopefully decent players arriving in this transfer window do you see any players moving out? Still over 2 weeks until the transfer window closes.

Zlamal?

MacLean?

Bozanic?

8 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

A sentiment echoed by just about everyone on this board, you can but hope

Is it echoed by everyone in this board though? Quite a few people keep shouting about needing to sign strikers. How about give our current strikers half a chance?

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Brandon asked to leave and was told no. 

Wonder why. He is murder.

We should be looking at a younger right back come in and compete with Smith.

I imagine:

Zlamal, Lee, Bozanic and Maclean will all be punted.

Burns, Cochrane, Smith, Morrison and possibly a couple of more to go out on development loans.

Edited by Famous 1874

We'll be trying to agree mutually agreed contract terminations to keep the lid on the wage bill and hopefully free up another wage... but a few players' agents will be after pay-offs because they'll see a club who have been spending before the wages have been freed up.     It might take a bit of sorting out.     We'll probably see a couple leaving to become free agents at the last minute.

31 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Keena seems to score every time he plays for the reserves or youth teams. Must be due a few first team appearances? I'm a Levein fan boy but Henderson coming on instead of Keena last Saturday was baffling!

I couldn't understand that substitution either 🤔

On 13/08/2019 at 17:44, jonnothejambo said:

Let's hope we get this signing completed as he sounds like an exceptional talent. 

Signing for Man City should in itself be enough to get a work permit.

Well, under normal circumstances and that is my major concern.

Ryan McGivern says hello. 😎

30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

For me this was CL making a statement .

"Look here is another young player that I have brought through our all being all seeing academy."

I predict that Henderson may make the bench a few times but will not play in the 1st team again this season. It seems to be a recurring theme with CL for the last wee while. 

14 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I imagine:

Zlamal, Lee, Bozanic and Maclean will all be punted.

Burns, Cochrane, Smith, Morrison and possibly a couple of more to go out on development loans.

I think Morrison will be playing as a sub when he’s back to full fitness.

1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

For me this was CL making a statement .

"Look here is another young player that I have brought through our all being all seeing academy."

I predict that Henderson may make the bench a few times but will not play in the 1st team again this season. It seems to be a recurring theme with CL for the last wee while. 

The statement only works if the player looks ready. Players like Hickey, Cochrane, Morrison and Irving have all come in and made an impact. Henderson didn’t ...

By all accounts Henderson was top pick of the forwards the last game they played, so can be understandable why he got the game time. 

53 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Totally agree.

17 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Would rather McDonald and Zanatta

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Totally agree with this, we need to get players out the door. I’d add Zanetta to the loan list.

I like Mulraney but how many goals & assists did he have last season? He’s another one i’d maybe be looking at letting go

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Totally agree with this, we need to get players out the door. I’d add Zanetta to the loan list.

I like Mulraney but how many goals & assists did he have last season? He’s another one i’d maybe be looking at letting go

Genuine pace is a great asset in this league, plus Mulraney just signed an extension so I doubt he's going anywhere.

The problem last season, one of a few problems, was a lot of younger or more inexperienced at this level players, like Mulraney, had to carry the team with the more experienced players injured so much. This season, touch wood, we have the experience to balance the youth. Walker, Damour, Whelan, Naismith all bring a lot of experience to the midfield that should take some of the pressure off the younger lads.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That was a poor decision. Nothing against Henderson but it sucked the remaining life out of the crowd and gave County a boost in one move. We do still lack some impact bench players. I wonder if Uche should take that role. He'd more likely to get the crowd on their feet and worry the opposition when coming of the bench than anyone else we've got in reserve.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Keep Keena and MacLean, can't argue with the rest.

8 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Mulraney has just started to improve and gain confidence in the second half of the season. 

He might kick on from that and he won't be going anywhere. 

42 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Would rather McDonald and Zanatta played over Morrison

28 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Would rather McDonald and Zanatta

Why Zanatta? He’s 2 years older than Morrison and has played 11 games less.

The decision was even more baffling, because Henderson is shit compared to Keena. Henderson will be binned before too long anyway, he won't make it at this level imo.

Just now, innerjambo said:

The decision was even more baffling, because Henderson is shit compared to Keena. Henderson will be binned before too long anyway, he won't make it at this level imo.

Agreed 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

Brandon asked to leave and was told no. 

See, if this sort of thing is true it says it all about the attitude in our squad. Instead of thinking “right, I’m going to knock my pan in and prove that I deserve to be picked” it’s a case of just throwing the toys out the pram (if this is true of course). 

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Have you seen him play much lately?

GorgieFifeLife
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Morrison will never make it at Hearts. Zanatta has more ability.

6 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Morrison will never make it at Hearts. Zanatta has more ability.

Why has Zanatta played less games then? I really like Morrison. Worth noting he was 19 last season. Maybe take 2 or 3 seasons development to be a top winger for Hearts.

MR INCREDIBLE
11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Zanatta is much better than Morrison... More physical and direct...... Deserves a chance. 

GorgieRules22
6 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Zanatta is much better than Morrison... More physical and direct...... Deserves a chance. 

Deserves a chance because he’s more physical ? Is that you Craig ?

GorgieFifeLife
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why has Zanatta played less games then? I really like Morrison. Worth noting he was 19 last season. Maybe take 2 or 3 seasons development to be a top winger for Hearts.

We have a coaching set up which has proved it doesn't know a player when they see it.  The number of failed signings we have made is clear for all to see. Morrison is a headless chicken with plenty of pace but little ability and poor delivery from wide areas. File under Billy King.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The statement only works if the player looks ready. Players like Hickey, Cochrane, Morrison and Irving have all come in and made an impact. Henderson didn’t ...

Henderson did fine when he came on he got on the ball , moved it about , ran with it a few times , prob had as many touches as anyone second half and was out on the chalk on the left a lot of the time. Fair play giving him a go he’s been doing well for the reserves by all accounts. 

Morrison hasn’t really done much , Cochrane has done nothing recently , Hickey has been good , Irving struggled in chances last year - he’s looked far better and more composed this. Keena is weird as he does well for the reserves/on loan etc but has been fairly crap in the first team.

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Going to be some meltdown on Friday if it doesn't click instantly 

Some of the Levein Oot folk seem to have dug their heels in so deep I wonder if they'll even enjoy any wins we get this season or if they actually want us to crash and burn so badly Levein has no choice but to leave.

3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

We have a coaching set up which has proved it doesn't know a player when they see it.  The number of failed signings we have made is clear for all to see. Morrison is a headless chicken with plenty of pace but little ability and poor delivery from wide areas. File under Billy King.

Aye, all these signings with EPL and English Championship experience have me worried about Levein’s ability to spot a player! We now have a very good squad, assembled almost entirely by Levein. Time to deliver. If Zanatta was all that,

better teams than Raith and Alloa would have taken him on loan.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Henderson did fine when he came on he got on the ball , moved it about , ran with it a few times , prob had as many touches as anyone second half and was out on the chalk on the left a lot of the time. Fair play giving him a go he’s been doing well for the reserves by all accounts. 

Morrison hasn’t really done much , Cochrane has done nothing recently , Hickey has been good , Irving struggled in chances last year - he’s looked far better and more composed this. Keena is weird as he does well for the reserves/on loan etc but has been fairly crap in the first team.

Irving, Morrison and Cochrane have all managed a first team goal. That is a significant impact for a young player. Something to build on anyway.

24 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

See, if this sort of thing is true it says it all about the attitude in our squad. Instead of thinking “right, I’m going to knock my pan in and prove that I deserve to be picked” it’s a case of just throwing the toys out the pram (if this is true of course). 

It’s true, straight from the horses mouth. Brandon isn’t a great player and someone I wouldn’t lose sleep over leaving. It’s a strange situation tho, as he himself (Brandon) preferred not go out on loan in January when it was offered, which lead to arguments with Levein by the way, but now he’s asking to leave and being told no. Strange.  

21 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Spot on. Just turned 20 this summer. Boys a good player and is nowhere near his peak. 

SuperstarSteve

Tam McManus tweeted hibs have a player “in cumming”. 

No sure how often he is correct but sounds like they have it wrapped up. 

SuperstarSteve
5 hours ago, DarioHMFC said:

He’s made it known to Nottingham, Hearts and his agent he wants to sign for us. CL is having none of it. 

Can’t say I’m surprised. It’ll be a disaster if he moves to the vermin scores goals for them and we are still struggling. 

Knowing our luck he will probably get plenty (albeit still unproven at this level). 

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I'm a Levein fan boy but Henderson coming on instead of Keena last Saturday was baffling!

Not that baffling - Henderson was MOTM in the Colts' win over Albion Rovers last midweek, with a goal and 2 assists. I assume his sub appearance was as a reward for that, which seems fair. Maybe it'll be Keena's chance next time (although he's missed penalties in consecutive weeks now, so I'd keep him off those!).

Walter Bishop

Levein wont sign Cummings sadly. He isnt a "defensive" forward, far to attack minded for our team and he might score a goal or two.

34 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Tam McManus tweeted hibs have a player “in cumming”. 

No sure how often he is correct but sounds like they have it wrapped up. 

He's a Hibee so spelling wont be his strong point.