Jump to content
skwif1

Kyle Lafferty.

Recommended Posts

Smith's right boot
4 hours ago, Away up in Gorgie said:

 

Your first line is laughable bullshit. I won’t change my mind on Levein but I also don’t want Lafferty anywhere near Hearts. It was obvious even when he was contributing and scoring goals that most within Hearts thought him an extremely dubious character who was anything but a good example but they gave him some leeway. They were delighted to see the back of him and receive a fee. It seems highly improbable they would welcome him back and frankly I’m fine with that. Not wanting to see Levein anywhere near our dugout has nothing whatsoever to do with Lafferty’s return or otherwise. 

 

 

My point still stands. 

I never said all fans. 

Just "the fans", signing Lafferty as some kind of peace offer is pointless. 

I was responding to another poster who suggested he may be signed to appease fans. Pointless and won't happen for that reason and also very unlikely for the reasons we agree on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gashauskis9

Lafferty would have been no better than what we had on the pitch on Saturday.  He, like many others, struggles to get up for these types of games where the opponent has a point to prove.

 

I want a player who doesn’t differentiate opponents and just wants to score a shit load of goals regardless.  I think Washington is that player, he just needs better service behind him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inch Hearts
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Lafferty would have been no better than what we had on the pitch on Saturday.  He, like many others, struggles to get up for these types of games where the opponent has a point to prove.

 

I want a player who doesn’t differentiate opponents and just wants to score a shit load of goals regardless.  I think Washington is that player, he just needs better service behind him.

 

A lot of build up and expectations being put on Washington based on not a lot yet really. 

 

He would have had decent service at his last two clubs and scored very little there either. 

Edited by Inch Hearts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorgie_Rules

Perhaps many never seen it at the time, but Lafferty’s celebrations at the Roseburn end that time they beat us at Tynecaslte when he came on (think it was 3-1) was up there with Presssley in terms of rubbing it in. Found it hard to like the guy since then and felt it ruined his legacy with us, never seen the like from Hartley, Gordon etc, could have had a bit respect for us.

 

In saying that, we need goals and the fans need a bit of a lift, he can potentially give us both so on board with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

He's not coming back so yous can all put Yer Union jacks away. 

 

Fact. 

:greatpost:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EH11 2NL
25 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Lafferty would have been no better than what we had on the pitch on Saturday.  He, like many others, struggles to get up for these types of games where the opponent has a point to prove.

 

I want a player who doesn’t differentiate opponents and just wants to score a shit load of goals regardless.  I think Washington is that player, he just needs better service behind him.

 

Just my opinion but he'd be a better substitute than Euan Henderson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

He's not coming back so yous can all put Yer Union jacks away. 

 

 

:(

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4
38 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Lafferty would have been no better than what we had on the pitch on Saturday.  He, like many others, struggles to get up for these types of games where the opponent has a point to prove.

 

I want a player who doesn’t differentiate opponents and just wants to score a shit load of goals regardless.  I think Washington is that player, he just needs better service behind him.

Good post.  We lack those type of players or we’ve not had that attitude drummed in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paulp74
10 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

I know for a fact that Naismith doesn't like him and Berra was raging at his behaviour towards fans at Tynie last season and pulled him back and had words with him to try and get him to show some respect. 

 

When was the shareholders dinner maybe before that incident but have heard Berra wasn't keen on him from a few folk. 

 

The Naismith thing is 100 per cent true though and having a feeling that his input about players is highly regarded by the management. 

 

Anyway think the chances about him coming are extremely remote. 

Yes, the shareholder thing would have been well before that incident. 

 

Ah well, I would be happy to have seen lafferty back as a better finisher than anything else we have at the club but agree Berra and Naismith will be pretty influential around the club so could influence signings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah O
2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

 

 

24DB5444-3C7D-4728-83E1-8860D58A4835.jpeg

Bookmark it mate.

 

He's not coming back. Suck it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deans Jambo
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I hardly think signing a player who couldn't wait to leave us and is still going on about his "dream of watching his team winning the league" is going to get the fans onside

No point arguing that with some of the Hearts fans on Facebook and Twitter. Loads want him back and it'll be that "boot Budgies and Lhevein fault if we don't !"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dagger Is Back

The Lafferty we had before he joined his boyhood and clearly adult heroes, would improve us no end.

 

It was a mutually beneficial relationship which saw us give him a wage and a platform to put himself back on the football map. That platform saw him win his dream move. We gave him the love, care and support that a fragile person like KL needs.

 

We got his goals but remember NO assists.

 

Hope we’ve seen the back of him though. This is a guy who couldn’t do the grunt work at training for ‘his’ team. A guy who hopes he’s not playing on the day his beloved Rangers win the league.

 

Don’t bear him any ill will but the boat has sailed for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hackney Hearts
9 hours ago, campbell said:

So 9 against the teams like Ross county who you claimed he didn’t do it against, whether you like him, hate him, want him back or don’t want him back your comment is simply not true! 

 

You must be mistaking me for someone else - I didn't make any claim or pass any comment, true or untrue. I just put up some figures about his League Cup goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gashauskis9
1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

 

Just my opinion but he'd be a better substitute than Euan Henderson.

Keena would have been better.  Ain’t that hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
4 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's because both players were miles above Lafferty in ability and professional off the park. 


So should we limit all future signings to whether or not Steven Naismith is pals with them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Locky

Not particularly arsed if Laff comes back or not, but with the unrest in the fanbase, couple with the fans opinions of him, it'd be a masterstroke from Budge and Levein to bring him in now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Perhaps many never seen it at the time, but Lafferty’s celebrations at the Roseburn end that time they beat us at Tynecaslte when he came on (think it was 3-1) was up there with Presssley in terms of rubbing it in. Found it hard to like the guy since then and felt it ruined his legacy with us, never seen the like from Hartley, Gordon etc, could have had a bit respect for us.

 

Aye but Pressley did it with Celtic whereas Lafferty did it for the huns, which is sadly far more acceptable to many of our fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coco

Maybe he's not looking at going into coaching so not right for us.  Much better to have MacLean and Wighton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
25 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:


So should we limit all future signings to whether or not Steven Naismith is pals with them?

 

I'm not one of those that falls into the camp that Naismith doesn't like Lafferty. I also wouldn't discount Lafferty reappearing at Tynecastle in the very near future nor have any thoughts about Naismith not appearing at Motherwell on Friday, unless the belief is he didn't reappear Saturday second half because of injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman1874

Was told he’s at tynescastle, could be shite though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasavallan

For all those Lafferty lovers let us be clear that his move back to Ibrox last season was solely due for his need for a larger pay packet to feed his gambling debts and not his overwhelming desire to play for the club he supports. Surely if he was such a big supporter he'd have stayed with Newco in 2012 (after 4 seasons) and signed the TUPE instead of following the $$$ and moving to Sion.   

 

His first season at Hearts proved to be very fruitful, but his bridges are burnt.  I expect his agent is looking for another big pay packet for his client.  I do not want to see him wearing maroon.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barack
1 minute ago, Roman1874 said:

Was told he’s at tynescastle, could be shite though 

Think he's camped out in a tent. With a "PLEASE SIGN ME" cardboard sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts

We took back Webster and Stevenson, so I've no issues if Lafferty signs. I don't care if the guy sings the sash in the warm up whilst doing the red hand, as long as he does the business on the pitch.

 

That's the problem the last few years, the club haven't focused on what matters to the fans - winning games and entertaining. It's time we done that, and Lafferty will help with both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms

If Lafferty knew we were his last contract, what would the chance of him putting in any effort be? Slim to none IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sharky999
8 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

Was told he’s at tynescastle, could be shite though 

Peter Odemwinge style 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4forDevries

Pay as you play only offer we should entertain. He admitted not training at Rangers...what do folks expect at Tynie ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dustybin

When will you realise, the problem isn't so much with the players it's the tactics laid down by the head coach and we know who that is dont we. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blairdin
Posted (edited)

If Lafferty comes now, I'd question the clubs motive. 

 

When asked two weeks ago Levein didn't exactly give Lafferty a glowing reference, said he was happy with his options, confident Washington would find his feet, Naismith coming back. 

 

Two poor results later, fans are calling for Levein's head. I don't believe for a minute Levein has changed his mind about Lafferty. I agree, and don't think he's good enough to warrant the baggage that comes with him. If Lafferty comes for a year I see it as Levein and Ann Budge using it to get vocal fans on board and burying growing talk of managerial change for now. That doesn't help anybody - the current manager, the squad, the fans, the player or any potential new manager. 

 

It's still a resounding no from me. 

Edited by blairdin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gimme an H...
3 minutes ago, dustybin said:

When will you realise, the problem isn't so much with the players it's the tactics laid down by the head coach and we know who that is dont we. 

 

Levein didn't ask anyone to pump long balls to Uche and Washington on Saturday.

 

Naismith would not be at Hearts if our players were being asked to play shite football.

 

The manager can only do so much, once the whistle goes it's up to the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PTBCAL
Just now, Gimme an H... said:

 

Levein didn't ask anyone to pump long balls to Uche and Washington on Saturday.

 

Naismith would not be at Hearts if our players were being asked to play shite football.

 

The manager can only do so much, once the whistle goes it's up to the players.

 

You know there more truth in this than most Hearts fans realise. I was pleased with the line up and how we set up but then the whistle went 😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skwif1

CL was asked on TV before the weekend's game about KL and said that he "has enough grey" hair with out KL adding to it. And added that KL wont be returning to Tynecastle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, blairdin said:

If Lafferty comes now, I'd question the clubs motive. 

 

When asked two weeks ago Levein didn't exactly give Lafferty a glowing reference, said he was happy with his options, confident Washington would find his feet, Naismith coming back. 

 

Two poor results later, fans are calling for Levein's head. I don't believe for a minute Levein has changed his mind about Lafferty. I agree, and don't think he's good enough to warrant the baggage that comes with him. If Lafferty comes for a year I see it as Levein and Ann Budge using it to get vocal fans on board and burying growing talk of managerial change for now. That doesn't help anybody - the current manager, the squad, the fans, the player or any potential new manager. 

 

It's still a resounding no from me. 

To be fair Leveins hardly going to tell the press, “aye, i’d feckin love Kyle back”.

 

I think he will end up back here but it’ll be on our terms if he really wants to come back and of course, we can’t guarantee him to start every week now so he’d have to play well to stay in the team.

 

Remember he also said he’d sign 3 or 4 and said we weren’t after a keeper but we have been looking for a keeper since last January. 

 

The reason we’ve waited is to do with windows closing and players being more available than they were a month or two earlier. We could have signed others in July but I doubt they’d have been of the same level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dustybin
4 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

 

Levein didn't ask anyone to pump long balls to Uche and Washington on Saturday.

 

Naismith would not be at Hearts if our players were being asked to play shite football.

 

The manager can only do so much, once the whistle goes it's up to the players.

Your middle sentence is nonsensical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HighTimes
3 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Perhaps many never seen it at the time, but Lafferty’s celebrations at the Roseburn end that time they beat us at Tynecaslte when he came on (think it was 3-1) was up there with Presssley in terms of rubbing it in. Found it hard to like the guy since then and felt it ruined his legacy with us, never seen the like from Hartley, Gordon etc, could have had a bit respect for us.

Spot on - but he's a good Proddy laddie or some such bullshit, so some fans will forgive him that no bother but won't forget Pressley telling that tosser Romanov to get to ****.

The absolute last thing Hearts need is Lafferty back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Hearts
26 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

For all those Lafferty lovers let us be clear that his move back to Ibrox last season was solely due for his need for a larger pay packet to feed his gambling debts and not his overwhelming desire to play for the club he supports. Surely if he was such a big supporter he'd have stayed with Newco in 2012 (after 4 seasons) and signed the TUPE instead of following the $$$ and moving to Sion.   

 

His first season at Hearts proved to be very fruitful, but his bridges are burnt.  I expect his agent is looking for another big pay packet for his client.  I do not want to see him wearing maroon.

 

 

His wage packet was smaller when he moved to Rangers from Hearts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heartsofgold
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

His wage packet was smaller when he moved to Rangers from Hearts. 

 

Only because his Norwich deal had fully expired.  Sevco offered more than we were willing to cough up to sign him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gimme an H...
11 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Your middle sentence is nonsensical. 

 

How's that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satsumo

Just sign the big dafty Hearts.

 

Scores goals so I couldn’t care if he is an utter cockwomble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ScoPo

I think it will happen out of simple necessity.  We need goals and he supplies that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874

Really have put ourselves in a bad position here in my opinion, our strikers atm couldn't score in a brothel are we in a position to be turning down the last player that scored a significant amount of goals for us during his stint her I'll let others be the judge of that. What i will say as Motherwell approaches his strikers and more importantly his team better do him a turn on Friday night or it could be looking very bad for Craig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules
4 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

 

Just my opinion but he'd be a better substitute than Euan Henderson.

In a nutshell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambonian
4 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Perhaps many never seen it at the time, but Lafferty’s celebrations at the Roseburn end that time they beat us at Tynecaslte when he came on (think it was 3-1) was up there with Presssley in terms of rubbing it in. Found it hard to like the guy since then and felt it ruined his legacy with us, never seen the like from Hartley, Gordon etc, could have had a bit respect for us.

 

In saying that, we need goals and the fans need a bit of a lift, he can potentially give us both so on board with it

 

Couldn't care less what they do at other clubs. Big deal, he celebrated a victory with his team-mates and didn't go near Hearts fans when he did it. Pressley situation was a bit different for two reasons...firstly, Celtic fans hated him for being an ex Rangers and ex-Hearts player and it was a sad and desperate sight watching him trying to suck up to them like he did. He also didn't go anywhere near Hearts fans when he did that but he ended up looking more foolish than anything else. Secondly, it was partly an up yours to Romanov after he got the chop for speaking the truth. I was over what he did in 10 seconds that day and even laughed about it in the pubs that night. And after years of the same nonsense on kickback about it, some people need to catch a grip at times. He was even applauded when he turned out for a match of the two Cup winning teams of 98 & 06 against each other. You're wrong about Gordon.  Seen him time-wasting when we've tried to get the ball of him at the end of games or taking time to take a goal-kick as well as clenching a fist towards the Celtic fans when they've beaten us. Amazing that so many see what they want to see and ignore the rest.

As for whether or not Lafferty returns....not bothered either way. Could do with his experience up front and he knows where the goals are, however, if he comes, he comes. He doesn't, he ends up at one of our rivals. Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bmxweeman

Not sure if this adds to any rumours but a car drove passed me at sherrifhall heading westbound and the driver looked suspiciously like KL, I thought it was him when he was along side and when he was clear the private plate gave it even more substance. Thought KL was banned from driving for a year last August though. Probably nothing in it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maroonlegions
11 minutes ago, bmxweeman said:

Not sure if this adds to any rumours but a car drove passed me at sherrifhall heading westbound and the driver looked suspiciously like KL, I thought it was him when he was along side and when he was clear the private plate gave it even more substance. Thought KL was banned from driving for a year last August though. Probably nothing in it 

 

Heading for a KFC no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glamorgan Jambo

Would certainly get quite a few of the 'Phoodle out' sorts back on board if we brought him back. Whether anyone wants them back (seeing as one of the ringleaders just got a lengthy football ban after being caught scrapping with Motherwell fans) is another thing entirely.

 

I'll leave it to the judgement of the guy in my avatar and Mrs Budge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notts1874

Not happening lads. Never was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Who_put_the_ball_in...

Who needs him? I much prefer guys that bagged 6 last season or haven’t scored a club goal in about 18 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo
Just now, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Who needs him? I much prefer guys that bagged 6 last season or haven’t scored a club goal in about 18 months

Pretty much sums up Lafferty to be fair.

I liked him when he was here, but he has been a disaster for a year on and off the pitch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Who_put_the_ball_in...
4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Pretty much sums up Lafferty to be fair.

I liked him when he was here, but he has been a disaster for a year on and off the pitch.

 

I don’t think CL is the type to have a maveric in his dressing room so this will be a nonstarter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...