Season ticket sales will be above 12k

Bazzas right boot

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I was being optimistic with my 7.5k. I've a feeling we would all be shocked at the real figure.

We should find out the reality at the end of May. 

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• graygo

• Alex Kintner

• Inch Hearts

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

When I see guys who have gone religiously for 30-40 years saying they’re not going back til he’s gone, it’s serious.

there will also be a reasonably sizeable bunch of 'retired' fans who answered the call when we went into administration who will start to drift away again unless there's something in particular to keep them going, given they 'retired' in the first place

finishing 6th and getting regularly humiliated by the old firm won't be enough I don't think - come on Craig win us the cup

new families though ..... and tourists :)

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

We should find out the reality at the end of May. 

Clearly the club trying to keep a lid on renewals but yup, the truth will out eventually.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Clearly the club trying to keep a lid on renewals but yup, the truth will out eventually.

Until the ‘zebra’ people renew ( or not ) it will be hard to get a true figure. 

1971fozzy

Win the cup and the figure will rise considerably I’d imagine.

Theres a few I know in the pub that have agreed collectively to just pay  per game, as under the current manager they haven’t the will to commit £350+ to watch his teams or tactics.

I fear there’s quite a few in this camp.

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Until the ‘zebra’ people renew ( or not ) it will be hard to get a true figure. 

I'm a zebra man.

Quite a few I know are.

I will be renewing .

Not in much of a hurry though as we are all swapping seats.

Does anyone know if a Zebra option is available under a different guise?

Selkirk_Jambo

This thread is pretty much exactly the same as the season ticket renewal thread last season. 'Sources' claiming we were miles down on tickets sold, apparent hordes of life long season ticket holders not renewing and general hysteria and whining. IIRC, one lad swore blind we had only sold 4k only for us to announce 10k an hour or two later ?

Empty cans rattle the most is an expression which for some reason springs to mind

22 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

there will also be a reasonably sizeable bunch of 'retired' fans who answered the call when we went into administration who will start to drift away again unless there's something in particular to keep them going, given they 'retired' in the first place

finishing 6th and getting regularly humiliated by the old firm won't be enough I don't think - come on Craig win us the cup

new families though ..... and tourists :)

I honestly believe it could’ve happened last year, but a combination of loyalty and being talked round stopped it happening. It’s only loyalty this time.

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

This thread is pretty much exactly the same as the season ticket renewal thread last season. 'Sources' claiming we were miles down on tickets sold, apparent hordes of life long season ticket holders not renewing and general hysteria and whining. IIRC, one lad swore blind we had only sold 4k only for us to announce 10k an hour or two later ?

Empty cans rattle the most is an expression which for some reason springs to mind

Indeed. Better just to re-open last years thread and see the same posters claiming the same things. 

The moving of goalposts was astonishing as I recall. So much backtracking and bollocks. This thread will be exactly the same.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not releasing the name of the source, but as of Friday evening past the total of renewals so far was nowhere near the figure you have suggested above. I was surprised when I heard the figure, and unfortunately I'm not even remotely convinced it is so low because Zebra Finance went tits up.

Maybe more to do with the renewal date being put back a month, certainly why I've not renewed yet.

Thommo414
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm not releasing the name of the source, but as of Friday evening past the total of renewals so far was nowhere near the figure you have suggested above. I was surprised when I heard the figure, and unfortunately I'm not even remotely convinced it is so low because Zebra Finance went tits up.

Mines was initially. Unfortunately my financial situation has deteriorated further and while I probably could at a big push stand a chance now with the new company, it's just not that appealing for the product on offer. 

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, Thommo414 said:

Mines was initially. Unfortunately my financial situation has deteriorated further and while I probably could at a big push stand a chance now with the new company, it's just not that appealing for the product on offer. 

I don't think it matters what other reasons people could come up with for ST's dropping, there is one standard response in the words of all conversations involving HMFC, and that is the product on offer and the need to change that. It is a reasonably expensive way to get bored out of your tits, and that is what the football on offer is doing to a lot of people.

Thommo414
5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't think it matters what other reasons people could come up with for ST's dropping, there is one standard response in the words of all conversations involving HMFC, and that is the product on offer and the need to change that. It is a reasonably expensive way to get bored out of your tits, and that is what the football on offer is doing to a lot of people.

Thats just it. In my case it was financial but now its become a case of simply not wanting to renew anymore. I don't want to see the club taking a financial hit but I do hope a real message is sent 

Bootboy100

As it stands I haven’t renewed as yet but will do nearer the 31st May. However there are quite a few long time ST holders that I know that will not renew due to the utter garbage we are watching. They intend to maintain the social aspect of being in the pub but as for attending the game they aren’t interested in the slightest and if that is not a wake up call to a Budge then she is best leaving now with Levein as the apathy is obvious and detrimental to the long term of the club 

14 minutes ago, Bootboy100 said:

As it stands I haven’t renewed as yet but will do nearer the 31st May. However there are quite a few long time ST holders that I know that will not renew due to the utter garbage we are watching. They intend to maintain the social aspect of being in the pub but as for attending the game they aren’t interested in the slightest and if that is not a wake up call to a Budge then she is best leaving now with Levein as the apathy is obvious and detrimental to the long term of the club 

Snap. 

JamboGraham

I can only speak for myself but I am a long term season ticket holder and will be renewing but have not done it yet for a number of reasons. First, I resent having to purchase my new season ticket before I have actually finished with the old one, I know this is the case every year but I will leave it to the last possible occasion I can purchase and retain my seat. Second, as an adult main stand patron my season ticket has increased by over 40% in three seasons; I had to carefully assess the family budget. Third, I attend with a family member and due to various reasons; changes for television, changes for UEFA tournaments, work commitments, planned holidays; etc. it is more and more frequent that one or both of us are simply unavailable to attend every match, I have been assessing if we could share a ticket and spot buy on the occasions where we are both able to attend.

In the end I will be renewing because going to the football is something that I love to do but there are many factors in every decision to renew (and for me that doesn't include performance on the park, if you add that to the mix everyone has a lot to think about).

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Was never a question for me. Hitting a club that needs every penny to compete would be cutting my nose off to spite my face. 

Now a wake-up call is perhaps necessary Budge to be fair reacted immediately to the anger demonstrated with Cathro. 

I expect she is seeing very well the discord. She is not some dodgy owner looking simply for our dosh. 

Denying ourselves our seats seems to be self defeating but each to their own. 

The more shite I watch only make the better days better 

1 hour ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

You must be an eminently successful businessman with a consummate knowledge of your customers. Perhaps you could have done more when we needed someone to buy the club. 

Edited by Jodami

innerjambo

I know a good few who aren't renewing. They've just lost interest, and the slow decline in performances has suck the life out of them. Add to that my group of 4 and it will be interesting to see what figure we are at right now. Lose all of our remaining games, including the final, and that will accelerate the decline. Worrying times indeed. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I know a good few who aren't renewing. They've just lost interest, and the slow decline in performances has suck the life out of them. Add to that my group of 4 and it will be interesting to see what figure we are at right now. Lose all of our remaining games, including the final, and that will accelerate the decline. Worrying times indeed. 

You tumescent at the thought, not worried. 

I genuinely don't know if I'll be renewing or not next season . 

Probably 60/40 in favour of renewing but I genuinely don't have any enthusiasm at doing so . 

Not exoecting to win every game at home but the performances of late and the recruitment has been utterly horrendous tbh . 

The thought of watching the same  type of performances again next season , both from the players and the tactics and game management for the touch line really is depressing. 

But what do you do ? It's your team . So frustrating. 

Selkirk_Jambo
5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

You must be an eminently successful businessman with a consummate knowledge of your customers. Perhaps you could have done more when we needed someone to buy the club. 

Did this sound clever and cutting in your head? 

14 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

Did this sound clever and cutting in your head? 

I don’t know, you seem to be the one keen to denigrate our support. Perhaps you could advise me from your ivory tower. 

I have renewed practically from the first days of the ST being available.

I just didn't see the point of delaying when I knew I would end up renewing anyway.

I totally understand people's reluctance to part with a large sum of cash on what is a leap of faith these days.

As I said on another thread the one big mistake Mrs Budge has made is allowing one man complete autonomy over the football side of the club.

We are now in the position where ST sales could take a sharp dip affecting the income streams for the club. 

Worrying times indeed and strong leadership is required and perhaps times for the FOH representatives on the board to show their worth.

This excuse that because the owner feels she doesn't know enough about football is causing the club to drift aimlessly imo.

Selkirk_Jambo
9 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I don’t know, you seem to be the one keen to denigrate our support. Perhaps you could advise me from your ivory tower. 

? My word, precious much? 

My post is clearly aimed at the morons who post attention seeking rubbish on 

online forums (hi Jodami!) for the sole purpose of stirring shite. Like, for example, in the aforementioned thread last year, where people were confidently claiming we had shifted less than 5000 season tickets only to be shown up a few hours later. 

But apparently calling out such fuds is denigrating to our support 

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Win the cup and the figure will rise considerably I’d imagine.

Theres a few I know in the pub that have agreed collectively to just pay  per game, as under the current manager they haven’t the will to commit £350+ to watch his teams or tactics.

I fear there’s quite a few in this camp.

Sign Naismith and sack Levein and we will definitely increase sales on last season never mind winning the cup.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Was never a question for me. Hitting a club that needs every penny to compete would be cutting my nose off to spite my face. 

Now a wake-up call is perhaps necessary Budge to be fair reacted immediately to the anger demonstrated with Cathro. 

I expect she is seeing very well the discord. She is not some dodgy owner looking simply for our dosh. 

Denying ourselves our seats seems to be self defeating but each to their own. 

The more shite I watch only make the better days better 

...I wont deny every penny is a prisoner but without wishing to go over old ground, the mismanagement of the funds re player addition is our problem, not the actual budget....Hubs & Killie pay less but get more from their budget....

Edited by GavK1012

59 minutes ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

? My word, precious much? 

My post is clearly aimed at the morons who post attention seeking rubbish on 

online forums (hi Jodami!) for the sole purpose of stirring shite. Like, for example, in the aforementioned thread last year, where people were confidently claiming we had shifted less than 5000 season tickets only to be shown up a few hours later. 

But apparently calling out such fuds is denigrating to our support 

There's a not so subtle difference this year. Some very reasonable posters whose integrity I trust, PJ1 for example, have indicated that season ticket sales are pretty worryingly low. He has caveated that view with the fact that we did not have a finance deal in place but the numbers quoted seem small. Hopefully it's down to the lack of a finance option but linking the product on the park to potentially lower season ticket sales is a reasonable point of view in the current climate. I would be cautious about banding together every single poster indicating their concern as empty vessels. 

Yes I renewed my Season Ticket for season 2019-20 but I do know a few who have decided enough is 

enough and all because of the management of Hearts. I know that many of my fellow Jambos will of 

heard this seasons ticket holders saying “i’m not going back or i’m not renewing until Levein is sacked”.

When an employee or employees are harming your business you empty them especially in the football 

world because it’s all about results. Like it or not that is what owners and fans want and it will never 

change. Our fans steam out of Tynecastle sick and fed-up watching Hearts underperforming and getting 

beat or drawing against teams that have inferior players to our players and you have to accept this is 

all down to Levein and his wee gang who are out of their depth. Yes they don’t know what they’re doing.

Ann Budge has to act for the good of our team and for our finances. To keep the fans onside and sell 

a good number of Season Tickets sack Levein & co before our club ends up being made a mediocre 

club like Motherwell or St Johnstone.

Psychedelicropcircle
20 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Yes I renewed my Season Ticket for season 2019-20 but I do know a few who have decided enough is 

enough and all because of the management of Hearts. I know that many of my fellow Jambos will of 

heard this seasons ticket holders saying “i’m not going back or i’m not renewing until Levein is sacked”.

When an employee or employees are harming your business you empty them especially in the football 

world because it’s all about results. Like it or not that is what owners and fans want and it will never 

change. Our fans steam out of Tynecastle sick and fed-up watching Hearts underperforming and getting 

beat or drawing against teams that have inferior players to our players and you have to accept this is 

all down to Levein and his wee gang who are out of their depth. Yes they don’t know what they’re doing.

Ann Budge has to act for the good of our team and for our finances. To keep the fans onside and sell 

a good number of Season Tickets sack Levein & co before our club ends up being made a mediocre 

club like Motherwell or St Johnstone.

Two on hold here for the above reasons! cropcirclette is not to best pleased with my decision, she can renew if she so fancies but it’s usually my bill. Not saying I won’t go next term but I won’t waste 1k on this dull negative boring football.

6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Sign Naismith and sack Levein and we will definitely increase sales on last season never mind winning the cup.

Spot on Davy. The fans will get behind a new football regime.

sandylejambo

We struggle to sell the new capacity ground out so anyone who like me missed a few games rendering their season ticket uneconomical will quite rightly think that next season, games they can get to will have tickets available, I was able to go toSaturdays game but had a better offer for this weekend so took it, that would not have happened if I had not left Tynecastle very angry quite a few times this season. I am totally pissed off at this manager and his lack of ideas, 

I work shifts but I've always renewed my ST even if I don't get to many games. 

I'm really finding it difficult to justify forking out on another ST when the product on show is so poor. I'll bide my time, see what the summer brings us and if the recruitment improves, and by that I mean genuine quality rather than projects from L2, or gambles on players that haven't kicked a ball in seasons, then I'll probably decide to renew. But at the moment, I'll probably just up my pledge to the FoH.

Me and my Dad haven’t renewed yet. Had our season tickets for 25 years.

£500 to watch eye bleeding rubbish every second week. We will probably renew last minute because we are die hards but can understand anyone who decides not to. 

Levein needs punted ASAP or we are going to be back to the days of crowds of 11 and 12 thousand.

Not sure sales are going all that well at the Giro either.  Not a great season for Edinburgh.

We'll get the 12,000 diehards I reckon but  a Cup win and a couple of exciting signings like Halkett inc Naismith will see that soaring to 14 000.

1874robbo
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not sure sales are going all that well at the Giro either.  Not a great season for Edinburgh.

We'll get the 12,000 diehards I reckon but  a Cup win and a couple of exciting signings like Halkett inc Naismith will see that soaring to 14 000.

Our diehard figure i would estimate at between 8000-9000.

Inch Hearts
48 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Didnt they announce 9,000 a couple of weeks ago?  

We need the cup win otherwise it’s not going to be pretty - unless we announce major changes in back room staff. 

Last year the hate CL brigade we all sprouting doom and gloom about season ticket sales and how they new for a fact sales were down..... how did that turnout again?

i wouldn’t be surprised that after record breaking season ticket sales we see a blip this year....but still expect they will be good.  

9 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Last year the hate CL brigade we all sprouting doom and gloom about season ticket sales and how they new for a fact sales were down..... how did that turnout again?

i wouldn’t be surprised that after record breaking season ticket sales we see a blip this year....but still expect they will be good.  

I am glad you are so positive about it however there are many supporters that I know who have had season tickets for years that are not renewing for next season. That is not me spouting doom and gloom. That is absolute fact.

£500 is a lot of money for what is being served up at Tynecastle these days and many supporters are seriously concerned that things are not going to change as Levein is the Teflon man in the eyes of our owner.

Edited by Lambo85

Hot since 86
32 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You seem to be about as detached from the fan base as the people running the club.

If we get 10k ST’s without a cup win I will be shocked.

Julie1957

A lot will wait till after cup final.As for me I am happier without renewing than renewing.Ihave no faith in Ann Budge I have to turn the T V off when she is on. We will get relegated next season.So time for Budge to act.The signs have been there from the time Jack Ross went.Robbie got fed up and left.Cathro was the fall guy for C L.Budge owns the club so she should sort it out or go.Until then my  money does not go to Budge.

Inch Hearts
58 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Season tickets this season are down on last season as is the average attendance. 

Jocam2325
42 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

A lot will wait till after cup final.As for me I am happier without renewing than renewing.Ihave no faith in Ann Budge I have to turn the T V off when she is on. We will get relegated next season.So time for Budge to act.The signs have been there from the time Jack Ross went.Robbie got fed up and left.Cathro was the fall guy for C L.Budge owns the club so she should sort it out or go.Until then my  money does not go to Budge.

So much utter nonsense in one post. Quite the achievement. Well done. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hot since 86 said:

You seem to be about as detached from the fan base as the people running the club.

If we get 10k ST’s without a cup win I will be shocked.

Nah, we have more than 10k supporters who will support the club, cup win or not. 

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Season tickets this season are down on last season as is the average attendance. 

Is that the average attendance with Murrayfield included? 

Also, ofc season tickets are, the finance wasn't in place until recently. 

Julie1957

Anyone looking forward to the cup final.Football is a funny game.Celtic must be looking for at least double figures against the worst Hearts team in history. Just the conditions to sneak a win.

Julie1957

Season tickets will end up around 8500.Get new manager now. 12-13000 The club is dead at the moment.

frankblack
Just now, Julie1957 said:

Season tickets will end up around 8500.Get new manager now. 12-13000 The club is dead at the moment.

And yet people said that last year and we got 13.5k, I believe.

I would stay clear of the bookies with your predictions unless you want to go bankrupt.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Julie1957 said:

Anyone looking forward to the cup final.Football is a funny game.Celtic must be looking for at least double figures against the worst Hearts team in history. Just the conditions to sneak a win.

Hardly the worst team in Hearts history.