Season ticket sales will be above 12k

Bazzas right boot

13 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Wall of silence.... 

?

Fair enough.  Robust exchange of views.  You may think the club should only trumpet good news.  I don't.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• graygo

• Alex Kintner

• Inch Hearts

Purely speculating...

Renewals are down, Board discuss why, agree CL moving upstairs again or elsewhere and/or signings to bolster ranks. Would make little sense to publicise this in run up to a cup final in which the odds are already against us.

In such a (again hypothetical) scenario I’d imagine they would probably endure a slow start to uptake, the negative publicity that gathers and give CL the respect of a post cup final send off. And then pull out all the stops to rebuild soon as the season is done. With Halkett, seemingly Naismith and if rumours are to be believed one or two others already approached, who knows that rebuild might already be in the pipeline. 

As I say all fanciful but I just can’t see Queen A publicly canning CL slow uptake or not. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Fair enough.  Robust exchange of views.  You may think the club should only trumpet good news.  I don't.

There's a month left and we had no finance options in place. 

They probably won't even look at the numbers until 1/2 weeks to go. 

With no finance available any comparison/ news would be completely pointless. 

We also have a final, so that's the big news for the club atm. 

Hardly a wall of silence, just nothing Interesting of note to report, yet. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Purely speculating...

Renewals are down, Board discuss why, agree CL moving upstairs again or elsewhere and/or signings to bolster ranks. Would make little sense to publicise this in run up to a cup final in which the odds are already against us.

In such a (again hypothetical) scenario I’d imagine they would probably endure a slow start to uptake, the negative publicity that gathers and give CL the respect of a post cup final send off. And then pull out all the stops to rebuild soon as the season is done. With Halkett, seemingly Naismith and if rumours are to be believed one or two others already approached, who knows that rebuild might already be in the pipeline. 

As I say all fanciful but I just can’t see Queen A publicly canning CL slow uptake or not. 

Agree. 

Also there was no fianance option so any comparison is pointless. 

frankblack
6 hours ago, Selkirk_Jambo said:

The amount of 'Hearts fans' apparently revelling in a possible drop of season ticket sales... 

Yip.  The season hasn't finished and finance plans have only just reopened yet some people want Hearts to come out and make a statement telling us Season Ticket sales are down so they can point the finger and go "see, I was right - its all Levein's fault".

Truly weird behaviour from some so called Hearts fans.

Cruyff Turn
6 hours ago, graygo said:

Can you expand on how the supporters own money is being "peeved" away and how that is different to any other season?

Obviously you're not talking about the FOH donations, or are you?

Can you tell me how it is not?

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Tott said:

Why would you cancel subs to FOH?

Surely if you want change,contributing to FOH is best way to make it happen.

I never said anything about cancelling FoH subs. If you had read it correctly I said “short of cancelling”. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Can you tell me how it is not?

Thanks. 

Well it was you who made the claim so it should be you who provides the details to back this up but the FOH money is going towards buying Ann Budge's shares, some of it was diverted to help pay for our new stand (agreed by FOH subscribers) so I'll ask you again, how has it been "peeved" away?

You think it has been spent on duds don't you? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Yip.  The season hasn't finished and finance plans have only just reopened yet some people want Hearts to come out and make a statement telling us Season Ticket sales are down so they can point the finger and go "see, I was right - its all Levein's fault".

It's nuts and quite clearly said fans will be like a pig in shit if we get beat in the final. 

Utterly weird behavior for a fan. 

Jocam2325
15 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

I'm 65 in August and saw three relegation sand the rest. I can assure you times were much worse and the present team, warts and all, are 1000 times better.

I am not debating that. 

Inch Hearts
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

There's a month left and we had no finance options in place. 

They probably won't even look at the numbers until 1/2 weeks to go. 

With no finance available any comparison/ news would be completely pointless. 

We also have a final, so that's the big news for the club atm. 

Hardly a wall of silence, just nothing Interesting of note to report, yet. 

It would be interesting to view what the sales are now adding on everyone that bought through finance last season, not that all of them will renew either. 

Inch Hearts
16 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It's nuts and quite clearly said fans will be like a pig in shit if we get beat in the final. 

Utterly weird behavior for a fan. 

I wouldn’t expect a statement but I would expect a wee leak to the een indicating how they are going but they won’t because they will be down! If they where up apart from the finance season tickets it would be in the press.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

It would be interesting to view what the sales are now adding on everyone that bought through finance last season, not that all of them will renew either. 

It's not Interesting at all tbh. 

It will be off interest at the end of the month and after the final, but atm any update would not be interesting. 

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

They are just opinionated dicks.

The sort of people who just have to be proved right no matter how horrible the outcome.

Innerjambo seems to be revelling in our downturn in fortunes.

Wonder what these people will pick on when CL and AB are no longer at the club ?

innerjambo
48 minutes ago, luckydug said:

They are just opinionated dicks.

The sort of people who just have to be proved right no matter how horrible the outcome.

Innerjambo seems to be revelling in our downturn in fortunes.

Wonder what these people will pick on when CL and AB are no longer at the club ?

I'm not revelling at all luckydug, quite the opposite. Infact I am totally fed up and bored with the current situation, and I want change asap. I gave Levein and his cronies all the time in the world to prove themselves, and they have failed miserably. Not even a glimmer of light, but the same old garbage week in week out, and it makes no difference whether or not we are playing home or away. Not revelling, just pissed off at how mine and thousands of other fans money is being poured down the drain by a shambolic regime. 

Nelly Terraces
13 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

On the basis that most people who have said they aren't renewing have said a management change is essential I don't think you are stating anything anyone could disagree with above, in terms of people may then renew.

I was reading through the last couple of pages, as I'd commented about something I'd heard. I've never got involved in threads about ST sales in the past, but it was only because of the source of the information that I posted, because it wasn't someone who would provide such a figure unless it was true. There also some commenting on the fact it can't be true because of how many tickets we've sold for the final. That game is a one off match, and people will be happy to shell out £30 or whatever, plus the cost of their bus. I've lost count of the games I've been at at Hampden where half the people around me have been total strangers, who just come out for such fixtures. It was similar to the semi-final at Murrayfield, so many unrecognisable faces making their way to the stadium.

In closing I'd agree with you, if there is a change in the management and some of the backroom staff that in itself will have a bigger impact on potential sales than player signings I'd think. People want change and the only way they know how to get their point across is to not renew at the moment, and without change they may not do so at all. It's not the greatest or most appealing thing to be saying on a forum intended for HMFC fans, but sometimes the truth does hurt.

I didn't get a season ticket this year as I kinda thought the product would be a bit rubbish & was bored at most of the games I attended last season. Don't really see it changing much next year either so not gonna bother. Went on Saturday & the football was garbage/dull.  Just have better things to do with my time really.

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Well it was you who made the claim so it should be you who provides the details to back this up but the FOH money is going towards buying Ann Budge's shares, some of it was diverted to help pay for our new stand (agreed by FOH subscribers) so I'll ask you again, how has it been "peeved" away?

You think it has been spent on duds don't you? 

No I don’t actually. I was talking about season tickets. 

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

It's not Interesting at all tbh. 

It will be off interest at the end of the month and after the final, but atm any update would not be interesting. 

That’s your personal opinion and fair enough ?

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I'm not revelling at all luckydug, quite the opposite. Infact I am totally fed up and bored with the current situation, and I want change asap. I gave Levein and his cronies all the time in the world to prove themselves, and they have failed miserably. Not even a glimmer of light, but the same old garbage week in week out, and it makes no difference whether or not we are playing home or away. Not revelling, just pissed off at how mine and thousands of other fans money is being poured down the drain by a shambolic regime. 

Failed miserably. 

Not a glimmer of light 

We have our first cup final in six years in 3 weeks. 

Shambolic reign ?

Admin to a sc final in five years. 

New stand

New pitch 

Shambolic...... Ffs. 

Harry Potter
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Failed miserably. 

Not a glimmer of light 

Shambolic reign ?

New stand

New pitch 

Shambolic...... Ffs. 

Did you watch that rubbish on Saturday mate, think u need to get a grip, moaning at real hearts fans

Blinkerred , sorry bud , but you go on a bit

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Failed miserably. 

Not a glimmer of light 

Shambolic reign ?

New stand

New pitch 

Shambolic...... Ffs. 

SCF, we really beat the cream of the crop to get there. A monkey from Edinburgh zoo could've got us to the final with the draw we had this year. 

New pitch, yes it is

New stand, I think we all played our part in that happening. 

The football on display is absolutely dire and it's worrying that happy clappers like you seem blind to it. 

innerjambo
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Failed miserably. 

Not a glimmer of light 

Shambolic reign ?

New stand

New pitch 

Shambolic...... Ffs. 

Off the pitch AB is doing a stellar job, and I congratulate her on the stadium and all her efforts. That has never been part of my argument tbf.

The cup final is welcome of course, but to me it's just papering over the cracks, especially as it has been one of the easiest routes to final we have ever had.

Jambof3tornado

Are people still trying to excuse our on pitch performances because we've a new stand and pitch??

We've had "easy" routes to the final before and failed to get there.

It should never be taken for granted or underplayed imo.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

We've had "easy" routes to the final before and failed to get there.

It should never be taken for granted or underplayed imo.

I agree with that. We’ve been knocked out previously after ‘easy’ draws. 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Off the pitch AB is doing a stellar job, and I congratulate her on the stadium and all her efforts. That has never been part of my argument tbf.

The cup final is welcome of course, but to me it's just papering over the cracks, especially as it has been one of the easiest routes to final we have ever had.

You said shambolic reign. 

Ridiculous. 

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Are people still trying to excuse our on pitch performances because we've a new stand and pitch??

Nope. Not on this thread. 

innerjambo
18 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You said shambolic reign. 

Ridiculous. 

I meant on the footballing side of things, but then you knew that. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I meant on the footballing side of things, but then you knew that. 

"shambolic reign" 

That clearly encompasses all activities during thier (Budge and CL) time at the club. 

Absolutely absurd and not true. 

If you're trying to have a sensible debate then get a grip of yourself and be more specific. 

If you're just shit stirring and looking for a response, Continue the lies and hyperbole. 

It Really just destroys any point you may have, tho. 

Your posting style has an alarming  similarity to an old poster on here, who was also very tiresome despite their best efforts to be dramatic and relevant. 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Why wouldn’t this have an impact?

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Overall I agree... but the management of the new stand has been poor and our ticketing problems have not been dealt with. I think she has probably taken the club as far as she can and she should be looking at handing over the reigns.

innerjambo

"shambolic reign" 

That clearly encompasses all activities during thier (Budge and CL) time at the club. 

Absolutely absurd and not true. 

If you're trying to have a sensible debate then get a grip of yourself and be more specific. 

If you're just shit stirring and looking for a response, Continue the lies and hyperbole. 

It Really just destroys any point you may have, tho. 

Your posting style has an alarming  similarity to an old poster on here, who was also very tiresome despite their best efforts to be dramatic and relevant. 

Lol, you need to take your medication mate. The only Hyperbole as you call it, is coming from your deluded head, and of course on the pitch sunshine.

:gok:

jimbojambo

Well back on topic we have renewed our 6 season tickets and I got a newly designed over 65s ticket to boot. It's been a trying season but nothing like the worst that I have witnessed over the last near 60 years. My wife would love me to chuck watching Hearts in a dignified huff and chauffeur her around the shops of Scotland but hey I've still got breath in my body so it aint happening. C'mon the Hearts

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Lol, you need to take your medication mate. The only Hyperbole as you call it, is coming from your deluded head, and of course on the pitch sunshine.

:gok:

Shambolic reign...... 

If we win the cup, pretty much every post you've made will make you look like the biggest tool in the box. 

:leveinnaturalorder:

maroonlegions

You pay for a product on the park , if that product that has been put together, trained, coached to play a certain way, with  certain tactics and  then it fails ,then who is to blame at the end of the day.

Fans WILL vote with their feet, no way of hiding that fact, i have been at every home game this season and while at the start we were flying high the wheels came of with injuries to certain players and we had NO plan b.

That home lost  against Killie was fecking brutal to watch in a stadium that was so subdued , that Budge must have noticed. Were is the fortress Tynie,teams used toi hate coming here, now they see it as a place for easy points.

I fear with the current regime that it will be the same again next season. 

FTH.   

Inch Hearts
31 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

A wee leak to that vermin rimming arserag ???

Get a grip.

Wee leaks to them happen all the time.  Such as them actually advertising the derby tickets the week before. 

Inch Hearts
30 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Shambolic reign...... 

If we win the cup, pretty much every post you've made will make you look like the biggest tool in the box. 

:leveinnaturalorder:

And if back in the real world we lose? 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

And if back in the real world we lose? 

If we lose, we lose.

Celtic are on for a treble treble and are heavy favourites. 

I'll have a drink and look forward to next season. 

You can jump on here at ft, tho and repeat the same shite. Something for you to look forward to if celtic do win, eh? 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If we lose, we lose.

Celtic are on for a treble treble and are heavy favourites. 

I'll have a drink and look forward to next season. 

You can jump on here at ft, tho and repeat the same shite. Something for you to look forward to if celtic do win, eh? 

No I think if we lose the final I’ll give football a break for the summer. Which will please you but it’s becsuse I care and it will have been another shit season.  

Heres a question, if we pull of a major shock and win the cap will you rejoice with all the other support or look out individuals sadly to try a little get it up them? 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

No I think if we lose the final I’ll give football a break for the summer. Which will please you but it’s becsuse I care and it will have been another shit season.  

Heres a question, if we pull of a major shock and win the cap will you rejoice with all the other support or look out individuals sadly to try a little get it up them? 

Probably rejoice first, then get up them, maybe wait a week or so, tho. 

I'm not a monster. 

portobellojambo1
17 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

So you’re saying it is nowhere near even 11k at the moment? I’ve not read the thread so never seen your OP.

I didn't post the actual figure on here but what I was told was that sales/renewals at that point were less than 50% of the figure of 11,000 you quote above.

Some people have said that it will be better to wait and see what impact the new finance option will have on sales, which is a reasonable line to take. I've not read anywhere of the name of that finance provider, but I believe that Hibs appointed a company called V12 Retail Finance, who are based in Wales. There was also info. posted online that a large number of those who had purchased Hibs ST's previously with Zebra were unsuccessful when trying to do so with V12.

I think there may be some out there who have been waiting on the finance option but I don't think that figure is a big %age of the total ST holders from this present season, for example. I do think a large number of those who haven't yet renewed and are heading towards not doing so at all are likely to change their mind if there is a change in the present football management and backroom staff.

Ann has done very well off the field, but the football has been a downer since around the first 11 games of the season. And as a football club the main focus for many of those who roll along every week is what is happening on the park. I've already renewed for next season and I've done so in the hope that we will see someone new as head coach/manager and a different approach to how we play the game. I also understand why so many are thinking as they are at the moment, it is a lot of money to shell out in one go if you have a feeling that nothing will change. Some may look to go along on a pay as you go basis, but I'd guess again that could depend on who is leading the team and how next season starts. I don't think the result of the cup final will have much, if any impact on ST sales. I think that following the wins in 98, 06 and 12 there wasn't much change other than in one case it was down rather than up.

Edited by portobellojambo1

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I didn't post the actual figure on here but what I was told was that sales/renewals at that point were less than 50% of the figure of 11,000 you quote above.

Some people have said that it will be better to wait and see what impact the new finance option will have on sales, which is a reasonable line to take. I've not read anywhere of the name of that finance provider, but I believe that Hibs appointed a company called V12 Retail Finance, who are based in Wales. There was also info. posted online that a large number of those who had purchased Hibs ST's previously with Zebra were unsuccessful when trying to do so with V12.

I think there may be some out there who have been waiting on the finance option but I don't think that figure is a big %age of the total ST holders from this present season, for example. I do think a large number of those who haven't yet renewed and are heading towards not doing so at all are likely to change their mind if there is a change in the present football management and backroom staff.

Ann has done very well off the field, but the football has been a downer since around the first 11 games of the season. And as a football club the main focus for many of those who roll along every week is what is happening on the park. I've already renewed for next season and I've done so in the hope that we will see someone new as head coach/manager and a different approach to how we play the game. I also understand why so many are thinking as they are at the moment, it is a lot of money to shell out in one go if you have a feeling that nothing will change. Some may look to go along on a pay as you go basis, but I'd guess again that could depend on who is leading the team and how next season starts. I don't think the result of the cup final will have much, if any impact on ST sales. I think that following the wins in 98, 06 and 12 there wasn't much change other than in one case it was down rather than up.

Hope you're wrong for once PJ as I'm sure you do.  A nice shiny cup added to a couple of encouraging signings should give ST sales a big boost.

In the other seasons you reference, the club was in varying degrees of crisis off the field.  Not this time.

2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

A win/win situation for the rest of us.

Inch Hearts

Probably rejoice first, then get up them, maybe wait a week or so, tho. 

I'm not a monster. 

Good man :lol: 

Inch Hearts
18 minutes ago, graygo said:

A win/win situation for the rest of us.

It’s win win if we lose the cup final aye?  If you’re going to be a smart arse at least do it properly ?

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

It’s win win if we lose the cup final aye?  If you’re going to be a smart arse at least do it properly ?

If you keep up your promise to stay away for the summer then yes I will take that as a win.

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

If you keep up your promise to stay away for the summer then yes I will take that as a win.

What’s the other win? You said win/win?  As in you want us to lose the final and I’m away the summer? 

Each to their own. I would rather we won the cup and read 100s of posts gloating about Levein being the Messiah and this very thread updated constantly with fantastic season ticket sales.

Im also led to believe there is an ignore function on the site Mr Graygo.  

Edited by Inch Hearts

6 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

What’s the other win? You said win/win?  As in you want us to lose the final and I’m away the summer? 

Each to their own. I would rather we won the cup and read 100s of posts gloating about Levein being the Messiah and this very thread updated constantly with fantastic season ticket sales.

Im also led to believe there is an ignore function on the site Mr Graygo.  

It's not rocket science.

We win the cup = win

You stay away for the Summer = win

That makes it a win/win situation.

You could also call it a lose/lose situation.

We lose the cup = lose

You keep posting over the summer = lose

For what it's worth there was meant to be a small amount of humour in my post, I actually couldn't give a toss whether you stay away or not.

Bazzas right boot

Mods, can you update to at least - 13k please. 

Fell that 12k is a bit easy, I like to work to stretch targets. 

Inch Hearts
27 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's not rocket science.

We win the cup = win

You stay away for the Summer = win

That makes it a win/win situation.

You could also call it a lose/lose situation.

We lose the cup = lose

You keep posting over the summer = lose

For what it's worth there was meant to be a small amount of humour in my post, I actually couldn't give a toss whether you stay away or not.

I wouldn’t be away the summer if we win though so it’s not win win?

Anyhoo no bother, pardon if I’ve wound you up enough to want me to bolt for months ?