Season ticket sales will be above 12k

Bazzas right boot

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

1 - The cost of the stand has increased, the money has had to come from somewhere, the playing budget is one of those places.

2 - League results have been poor, no doubt about that, but in the cups we have done well (or "performed" as you call it).

3 - The level of budget we have there are always going to be some failures. I'd say no club could maintain our early season success after losing so many KEY players.

4 - Of course poor form affects crowds, I never said any different. Changing managers or coaches doesn't suddenly change that.

We've played nobody in the cups. If we had came up against a half decent team in the earlier rounds we would be watching the final on the telly on the 25th. 

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• graygo

• Alex Kintner

• Inch Hearts

45 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We've played nobody in the cups. If we had came up against a half decent team in the earlier rounds we would be watching the final on the telly on the 25th. 

People weren’t saying that in 1998....i’d wager !

The Treasurer
51 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You mean just like when so-called better Hearts teams came up against the likes of Airdrie or St Mirren ?

You can only beat whatever team you're drawn against, doesn't make getting to this stage any less of an achievement

davemclaren
51 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We did play ( and beat ) Motherwell in the league cup and Livi in the Scottish. 

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You mean just like when so-called better Hearts teams came up against the likes of Airdrie or St Mirren ?

You can only beat whatever team you're drawn against, doesn't make getting to this stage any less of an achievement

Of course it makes it less of an achievement. We've played some very good teams in the past to reach cup finals but this time we haven't. It's undeniable. 

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We did play ( and beat ) Motherwell in the league cup and Livi in the Scottish. 

Is that really the benchmark these days? A newly promoted club and a bottom 6 club? 

JamboGraham
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Is that really the benchmark these days? A newly promoted club and a bottom 6 club? 

So we only use the league table as a marker to judge Hearts and no one else?

There are only seven better sides in the country than Motherwell and Livingston. We are one of them so that means there are only 6 clubs in Scotland who aren’t “nobody” by your logic.

St Johnstone who we have beaten twice and drawn once out of three. Aberdeen and Kilmarnock who we have both beaten two out of three. Hibs who we have an equal record with. Are these the teams that would all have had us watching the cup final on the telly?

Celtic and Rangers I will agree with you.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I suppose we could have wished to have played Celtic earlier so we could have proved ourselves as worthy. 

Surprised many folk have renewed considering the amount of times they've been told they'd be better off getting to **** by posters on here.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nah the benchmark is beating teams you should and in turn progressing. 

We done that. 

Many, many times we haven't. 

We've won nothing yet, tho and if we get beat I expect you to me on here making sure everyone knows about it and why. 

Getting to the point now that us winning the cup  will ram it up some of our own support more than the celtic fans or hibs watching in. 

Also feels like some of them will be more dissapointed than that lot as well. 

Tragic. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

scott herbertson

Back to the point. That’s me renewed for another year. Roll on 2019/20

Edited by scott herbertson

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nah the benchmark is beating teams you should and in turn progressing. 

We done that. 

Many, many times we haven't. 

We've won nothing yet, tho and if we get beat I expect you to me on here making sure everyone knows about it and why. 

Getting to the point now that us winning the cup  will ram it up some of our own support more than the celtic fans or hibs watching in. 

Also feels like some of them will be more dissapointed than that lot as well. 

Tragic

Sums you up quite nicely actually.

So, let me get this straight, everyone wants us to lose the final?

The negative clan because they (we?) can then say 'I told you so' and the positive clan because they evidently enjoy being served up garbage and defeats?

Great.

The Treasurer
37 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Of course it makes it less of an achievement. We've played some very good teams in the past to reach cup finals but this time we haven't. It's undeniable. 

I'm sure there will bequite a few supporters around the country that will be watching the final and wishing their club had "under-achieved" like we have

Phil Dunphy
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm sure there will bequite a few supporters around the country that will be watching the final and wishing their club had "under-achieved" like we have

I don’t think it’s debatable that we’ve under achieved. 

While reaching the Scottish Cup Final is brilliant, it would have been an outrage if we hadn’t made it with the draw we had. 

Aberdeen made it to the League Cup Final and the Scottish Cup semi-final while still sitting in 3rd place, with a comparable budget to our own. That’s what having a decent manager can do for you. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Sums you up quite nicely actually.

You don't know me, all you know is that I want Hearts to win games and support the team even when were are playing poor and that "fans" that shout abuse and vitriol at our own are imo not helpful.

What is tragic about that. Explain yourself?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I don’t think it’s debatable that we’ve under achieved. 

While reaching the Scottish Cup Final is brilliant, it would have been an outrage if we hadn’t made it with the draw we had. 

Aberdeen made it to the League Cup Final and the Scottish Cup semi-final while still sitting in 3rd place, with a comparable budget to our own. That’s what having a decent manager can do for you. 

Or having steady progress over 7/8 years and the same manager given time to build a team.

Clarke would have been a better example of a manager having an immediate impact.

You can't even get your  example correct to try and have a dig at CL. 

:Blond-Moment:

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Or having steady progress over 7/8 years and the same manager given time to build a team.

Clarke would have been a better example of a manager having an immediate impact.

You can't even get your  example correct to try and have a dig at CL. 

:Blond-Moment:

Derek McInnes won the League Cup with Aberdeen roughly one year after taking the job. 

Craig Levein has been Hearts manager for nearly two years now.

Sit down, the adults are talking.  

JamboGraham

Derek McInnes won the League Cup with Aberdeen roughly one year after taking the job. 

That win is surely void though as they got a bye to the trophy with Alloa, Falkirk, Motherwell, St Johnstone and Inverness?

Phil Dunphy
Just now, JamboGraham said:

That win is surely void though as they got a bye to the trophy with Alloa, Falkirk, Motherwell, St Johnstone and Inverness?

Three Premiership teams and a Championship team is a more difficult run than one Premiership team, one amateur team and two Championship teams. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Craig Levein has been Hearts manager for nearly two years now.

Sit down, the adults are talking.  

Hook line and sinker.

So by your own admission Mcinnes has taken them backwards over the last  6/7 years then.....?

Yet you use him as an example of a good manager?

Your example gets worse and worse!!!!

A manager who has went from winning a trophy to not and has seen Rangers catch them and the rest gain points season after season on him with Killie still having a chance to better them in the league this season and even us and hibs have gained on them.

All this while Hearts ( admin, new  stand, relegation), Hibs ( relegation, 3 seasons)and Rangers ( admin) were hampered for a good  while

Take your own advice, lad.

If you are going to use a manager to benchmark CL , you must do much, much, much better.

Poor trolling even for you.

Clarke was a much better example but you couldn't even troll correctly.

CL is in his first full season and in the sc final, if he wins it you'll be one of the fans that will struggle to crack a smile. It's ok tho, I'll smile for the two of us.:jj:

Phil Dunphy
7 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Hook line and sinker.

So by your own admission Mcinnes has taken them backwards over the last  6/7 years then.....?

Yet you use him as an example of a good manager?

Your example gets worse and worse!!!!

A manager who has went from winning a trophy to not and has seen Rangers catch them and the rest gain points season after season on him with Killie still having a chance to better them in the league this season and even us and hibs have gained on them.

All this while Hearts ( admin, new  stand, relegation), Hibs ( relegation, 3 seasons)and Rangers ( admin) were hampered for a good  while

Take your own advice, lad.

If you are going to use a manager to benchmark CL , you must do much, much, much better.

Poor trolling even for you.

Clarke was a much better example but you couldn't even troll correctly.

CL is in his first full season and in the sc final, if he wins it you'll be one of the fans that will struggle to crack a smile. It's ok tho, I'll smile for the two of us.:jj:

It’s a bit odd that you think presenting facts is trolling. Derek McInnes won more trophies in his first year at Aberdeen than Craig Levein has won in nearly 40 years involved in football. 

That much is fact. 

The fact you keep trying to troll other Hearts fans who don’t buy into your philosophy is a bit sad. Why would I be upset about Hearts winning something? I’m a Hearts supporter. You might not completely understand that, because you wanted our biggest rivals to win a trophy a couple of years ago. If we win it, I might even feel as happy as you did that day in May 2016. 

Hearts have gained on them, aye? Bet they’re well worried about only being 11 points clear of us :laugh:

****ing hell Mothy, you need to give it a rest. 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

Phil Dunphy

Imagine putting the interests of Craig Levein above Heart of Midlothian Football Club just to try and wind up some people on the internet. 

:cornette:

Bazzas right boot

It’s a bit odd that you think presenting facts is trolling. Derek McInnes won more trophies in his first year at Aberdeen than Craig Levein has won in nearly 40 years involved in football. 

That much is fact. 

The fact you keep trying to troll other Hearts fans who don’t buy into your philosophy is a bit sad. Why would I be upset about Hearts winning something? I’m a Hearts supporter. You might not completely understand that, because you wanted our biggest rivals to win a trophy a couple of years ago. If we win it, I might even feel as happy as you did that day in May 2016. 

Hearts have gained on them, aye? Bet they’re well worried about only being 11 points clear of us :laugh:

****ing hell Mothy, you need to give it a rest. 

The fact is you used an example of a manager who by your own admission has went backwards to try and highlight how bad CL is.

You fell on your face. It was a shite example.

You then say I celebrate hibs, while trotting out the common hibs line of CL  being a loser. No Hearts fan who went through over 35 years of no trophies and who witnessed or was about for  Dens would come out with that pish imo. It's the most hibs thing trotted out on here.

You then try to make yourself feel better by bring up a  hibs cup win and make me out to be a hibs fan while you call our manager a loser and bum up Derek McInnes.

You actually go on about hibs cup win more than any hibs fan I know, and I know a few.

You're a troll and a shite one at that.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Imagine putting the interests of Craig Levein above Heart of Midlothian Football Club just to try and wind up some people on the internet. 

:cornette:

:what:

JamboGraham
15 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Three Premiership teams and a Championship team is a more difficult run than one Premiership team, one amateur team and two Championship teams. 

Aberdeen to the final was 2 x Premiership and 2 x Championship.

Ours is 1 x Premiership, 2 x Championship and 1 x Junior.

I don’t think we can really argue that a single victory against Motherwell or St Johnstone alone can be the difference between a bye to a final and something earned?

Alex Kintner
40 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You don't know me, all you know is that I want Hearts to win games and support the team even when were are playing poor and that "fans" that shout abuse and vitriol at our own are imo not helpful.

What is tragic about that. Explain yourself?

Ignore him mate. Not worth conversing with someone who thinks it is acceptable to make horrid comments about our players’ birth marks ??

Independence
On 22/04/2019 at 16:15, 1874robbo said:

I’ve heard it all now!!!!

hearts fan being a “glory hunter” :lol: 

Glad you can laugh!!

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Ignore him mate. Not worth conversing with someone who thinks it is acceptable to make horrid comments about our players’ birth marks ??

Really? 

Ffs. 

Phil Dunphy
47 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The fact is you used an example of a manager who by your own admission has went backwards to try and highlight how bad CL is.

You fell on your face. It was a shite example.

You then say I celebrate hibs, while trotting out the common hibs line of CL  being a loser. No Hearts fan who went through over 35 years of no trophies and who witnessed or was about for  Dens would come out with that pish imo. It's the most hibs thing trotted out on here.

You then try to make yourself feel better by bring up a  hibs cup win and make me out to be a hibs fan while you call our manager a loser and bum up Derek McInnes.

You actually go on about hibs cup win more than any hibs fan I know, and I know a few.

You're a troll and a shite one at that.

I don’t think you understand what “bumming up” means. Merely pointed out that Derek McInnes has won a trophy as Aberdeen manager, while Levein hasn’t. Over two spells as Hearts manager. 

Sorry that upsets you so much. 

I can understand why you think I’m a troll. I’d probably think everyone was if I spent my entire time trolling people. 

EDIT: Apologies for not going through Dens Park. I was too busy being born a year later. 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

I don’t think you understand what “bumming up” means. Merely pointed out that Derek McInnes has won a trophy as Aberdeen manager, while Levein hasn’t. Over two spells as Hearts manager. 

Sorry that upsets you so much. 

I can understand why you think I’m a troll. I’d probably think everyone was if I spent my entire time trolling people. 

The sad part is you're not even a good troll. 

Phil Dunphy

The sad part is you're not even a good troll. 

I’m not trolling Mothy. I’m merely presenting an opinion you don’t like. 

You've openly admitted to trying to troll me in this thread. Trolling’s against the rules mate. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

You've openly admitted to trying to troll me in this thread. Trolling’s against the rules mate. 

No I've not. 

I'm not troling anyone. 

Just pointing out that you are bad at it, as highlighted by calling me "mothy" then crying about the rules. 

You've - 

Called me mothy x2

Told me to sit down 

Said I celebrated hibs cup win. 

Said I have broken the rules (I've not, you have tho by naming another poster not on this thread) 

You've called our manager a 40 year loser or something to that effect. 

Said I was putting CL before Hearts ?

I don't agree with your opinion on McInnes, for that I pointed out the many flaws in using mcInnes as an example to benchmark CL against. 

You then started to slaver the above points for some reason, most likely because you know you used a shite example to rubbish CL so tried to deflect from your original nonsense post, that actually was off topic as well (add that to the list above as well) 

Back on topic, we'll clear more than 12k season tickets despite the  shite spewed at our club on here by certain posters. 

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Hook line and sinker.

No I've not. 

I'm not troling anyone. 

Thats as far as I got with your last post. Because you’re just lying to cover your arse now. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Thats as far as I got with your last post. Because you’re just lying to cover your arse now. 

Putting forward a logical argument and watching your adversary tie himself up in knots is not trolling.

You posted, I put forward a point, you countered as I thought you would then I blew your point out of the water using your very own argument to do it.

I did take a little more delight in you setting yourself up more than I should have, but then there is nothing wrong with that, is there?

It's keyboard combat at it's finest.

Just admit that your point in using McInnes to have a go at CL is a busted flush. No harm in getting something wrong.

A more intelligent person would have just used Clarke as an example and saved himself the embarrassment and time as that is a good example to make your point. McInnes is not.

Phil Dunphy
9 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Putting forward a logical argument and watching your adversary tie himself up in knots is not trolling.

You posted, I put forward a point, you countered as I thought you would then I blew your point out of the water using your very own argument to do it.

I did take a little more delight in you setting yourself up more than I should have, but then there is nothing wrong with that, is there?

It's keyboard combat at it's finest.

Just admit that your point in using McInnes to have a go at CL is a busted flush. No harm in getting something wrong.

A more intelligent person would have just used Clarke as an example and saved himself the embarrassment and time as that is a good example to make your point. McInnes is not.

You keep typing out these long posts mate and I’m not reading them. Save yourself the hassle. 

You openly admitted to trying to get me on the hook and bragged about how you think you did. That’s trolling.

Alex Kintner
52 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I think Glib and Shameless Crier was Mothy. Don’t think he posts on jkb anymore.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

I think Glib and Shameless Crier was Mothy. Don’t think he posts on jkb anymore.

My mistake. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You keep typing out these long posts mate and I’m not reading them. Save yourself the hassle. 

You openly admitted to trying to get me on the hook and bragged about how you think you did. That’s trolling.

Nope, setting out your own  argument and watching you make a complete arse of it is not trolling. 

Taking a small delight in it, is ungentlemanly. I'll apologise for that .

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Nope, setting out your own  argument and watching you make a complete arse of it is not trolling. 

Taking a small delight in it, is ungentlemanly. I'll apologise for that .

You're backtracking now. Just admit you were trying to troll me and people will respect you more for it. 

The only thing worse than a troll is a troll who claims he isn’t trolling after he’s admitted to trolling. 

9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

My mistake. 

One of many on this thread.

Give up. Your credibility (whats left of it anyway) is in tatters.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

He takes breaks, has a young kiddy and goes to less football now by his own admission.

Hopefully at the final tho, celebrating a win.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

One of many on this thread.

Give up. Your credibility (whats left of it anyway) is in tatters.

My “credibility” on Kickback means literally nothing to me.