Jump to content

Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

Yes, me too. If we can't do that on a message board, where else can we? 

 

Kudos to Notts though. He set a dastardly trap - which I walked straight into. The older I get, the more stupid I become. :( 

What trap? Just because you chose to interpret it how you did ain't my fault ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Robbo-Jambo

    135

  • Inch Hearts

    132

  • Sir Gio

    119

  • Morgan

    103

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MaskedMarauder
1 hour ago, Hampden Demolition said:

 

Ive heard there has been a fall out between Daly and MacPhee but not sure how reliable the info is.

Didn’t look like they’d had a fall out yesterday when they were at the reserve game. Standing side by side together away from Liam Fox and Craig, and chatting and laughing throughout with each other

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kila said:

So Naismith as player manager for next season is the rumour?

I don't think anyone has actually said that.  He will gain coaching experience as he plays which will be good for whatever his future holds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
shaun.lawson
31 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

What trap? Just because you chose to interpret it how you did ain't my fault ?

 

:D 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I genuinely worry for the sanity of a large group of our fans.

 

Jesus Christ.

 

They’d have him hounded our before, probably questioning his choice of footwear to a football match. Or for replacing the half time oranges with fish and bread. Madness I tell u!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pagey said:

 

They’d have him hounded our before, probably questioning his choice of footwear to a football match. Or for replacing the half time oranges with fish and bread. Madness I tell u!! 

:lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jamboj said:

 

So was the DOF not responsible for signings and contracts? Is his role at the club not to do that? Did he not provide Connor Sammon and Malaury Martin with three year deals? Was he not also accountable for interviewing and appointing Ian Cathro?

 

I understand that the manager (Neilson and Cathro) made clear what, and often who, they wanted. But the execution is down to the DoF - and massive mistakes, for example the three above, were made. 

 

He dealt with the negotiations and the work it took to get players to the club - the vast majority of the decisions as to the player signed were Neilson's or Cathro's - he basically discussed who they wanted, backed their decisions and did what he could to get the players they wanted in - there would be occasions where our scouting network would flag a player up (as in any club) and Neilson or Cathro were asked if they were interested.

 

Levein was not autocratic in his role as DOF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

 

He dealt with the negotiations and the work it took to get players to the club - the vast majority of the decisions as to the player signed were Neilson's or Cathro's - he basically discussed who they wanted, backed their decisions and did what he could to get the players they wanted in - there would be occasions where our scouting network would flag a player up (as in any club) and Neilson or Cathro were asked if they were interested.

 

Levein was not autocratic in his role as DOF.

 

He is accountable for the scouting and for the length of the contracts. Yes, there is blame on others, but the Director is ultimately accountable.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jamboj said:

 

He is accountable for the scouting and for the length of the contracts. Yes, there is blame on others, but the Director is ultimately accountable.  

 

If he chooses the players for the manager to play he is ultimately accountable.

 

He isn’t if it is the other way around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jamboj said:

 

He is accountable for the scouting and for the length of the contracts. Yes, there is blame on others, but the Director is ultimately accountable.  

Anyway you can go and moan about Levein on other threads until your heart's content. This thread is about Naismith.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

 

If he chooses the players for the manager to play he is ultimately accountable.

 

He isn’t if it is the other way around.

That is just not true and doesn't make sense. However, Notts is right, we are both off topic here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Anyway you can go and moan about Levein on other threads until your heart's content. This thread is about Naismith.

Exactly.

Why don't these idiots wait until something happens before they start denouncing it.

I am starting to wonder if the board is infested.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Exactly.

Why don't these idiots wait until something happens before they start denouncing it.

I am starting to wonder if the board is infested.

Starting? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Boris said:

 

 

Would be interested to hear too.

File under offering an extra £50 a month to Jamie Walker and the nudge nudge relationship between Levein and Ann Budge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

 

He dealt with the negotiations and the work it took to get players to the club - the vast majority of the decisions as to the player signed were Neilson's or Cathro's - he basically discussed who they wanted, backed their decisions and did what he could to get the players they wanted in - there would be occasions where our scouting network would flag a player up (as in any club) and Neilson or Cathro were asked if they were interested.

 

Levein was not autocratic in his role as DOF.

Can we pin this into every Levein thread?

Link to post
Share on other sites
MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

 

He dealt with the negotiations and the work it took to get players to the club - the vast majority of the decisions as to the player signed were Neilson's or Cathro's - he basically discussed who they wanted, backed their decisions and did what he could to get the players they wanted in - there would be occasions where our scouting network would flag a player up (as in any club) and Neilson or Cathro were asked if they were interested.

 

Levein was not autocratic in his role as DOF.

 

"vast majority"

 

what does that mean?

 

 

how would you know? presumably inside info or quoted somewhere - if the latter a link would be good to see if it highlights the decisions which were not neilsons or cathros 

 

cheers

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
i wish jj was my dad
Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

 

"vast majority"

 

what does that mean?

 

 

how would you know? presumably inside info or quoted somewhere - if the latter a link would be good to see if it highlights the decisions which were not neilsons or cathros 

 

cheers

 

 

 

 

 

 

Levein, Neilson and to a lesser extent Cathro explained how it worked. Robbie's interview with sportsound was pretty comprehensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think it’s more a case of Naismith having tactical input in how we play. 

 

I agree with that. From what little is available to discuss it does sound like any new contract will involve him continuing to play for a little while but also being more involved on the coaching side as well. I'd imagine even he, Naismith, will be aware he doesn't have the overall experience to manage the club at the moment. But you would have to be blind and/or stupid to not notice just how much input he has with the other players in the side when he plays. I'm not sure if his injury versus Celtic related to a problem he already had but reports do suggest that the remedial work done on it wasn't successful, which I'm guessing played a big part in him having to drop out and get more work done recently, from which he is presently recovering. Whether than itself deserves any of the comments that he is injury prone is something discussable. But you can see when he is on the park everything is about getting the ball and getting players forward, to hurt the opposition and that is what I want to see. If it doesn't work all the time that in itself is a learning curve for him as well. But what about while he is still playing/coaching, who should hold the overall manager's/head coach position. I do think it has to be someone who is open to new ideas of how the team should line up and play. I have nothing at all personally against Craig Levein, he has to rank as the most gifted player I've seen playing for the club. But I do think he is set in his ways football wise, and we need to move away from those ways and try something different. I haven't a clue if there is someone who would be happy to come in and do the head coach role for 2/3 seasons, but the only way the club will find out is if they ask potential appointments.

 

My opinion has always been the same, Craig has had his time at Tynecastle but I'd be delighted if it came to a conclusion with him being able to evidence that he had won a trophy. Then is the time to think about the next chapter in the history of HMFC and hope we can come to an acceptable amount of money for him departing the club.

Edited by portobellojambo1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Levein, Neilson and to a lesser extent Cathro explained how it worked. Robbie's interview with sportsound was pretty comprehensive.

 

Its sad (I’m being polite for once) that Hearts fans would rather believe The Sun and the Daily Record and all the pundits that constantly get stuck into our club ahead of the people that worked in the system

 

When I say sad I mean pathetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

File under offering an extra £50 a month to Jamie Walker and the nudge nudge relationship between Levein and Ann Budge.

 

Good. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
MoncurMacdonaldMercer
24 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Levein, Neilson and to a lesser extent Cathro explained how it worked. Robbie's interview with sportsound was pretty comprehensive.

 

did they touch on the points jammy raised i.e. that only the vast majority of decisions were there's and that sometimes the "scouting network" :lol: recommended players

 

ironically neilson just admitted there to being economical/political with the truth while giving his expert opinion on the Ayr v Patrick game

 

ive always had an inkling to be honest

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudi5kaceldream1ng
11 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

 

did they touch on the points jammy raised i.e. that only the vast majority of decisions were there's and that sometimes the "scouting network" :lol: recommended players

 

ironically neilson just admitted there to being economical/political with the truth while giving his expert opinion on the Ayr v Patrick game

 

ive always had an inkling to be honest

What did Neilson say? Was he hinting at too much interference?

Link to post
Share on other sites
i wish jj was my dad
22 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

 

did they touch on the points jammy raised i.e. that only the vast majority of decisions were there's and that sometimes the "scouting network" :lol: recommended players

 

ironically neilson just admitted there to being economical/political with the truth while giving his expert opinion on the Ayr v Patrick game

 

ive always had an inkling to be honest

Robbie said that he, Levein and Cathro were telling lies?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

What did Neilson say? Was he hinting at too much interference?

 The opposite actually. He really enjoyed and appreciated the benefits of a DOF

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What's the latest news about him?anything to be discussed?

Read the thread. Everyone has derailed it. They moan about Billie Piper pics but happy to derail it with more pish about Levein

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What's the latest news about him?anything to be discussed?

Deliberately obtuse?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What's the latest news about him?anything to be discussed?

Injured, hopefully back for the final but not certain ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Read the thread. Everyone has derailed it. They moan about Billie Piper pics but happy to derail it with more pish about Levein

:spoton:

Link to post
Share on other sites
MoncurMacdonaldMercer
23 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Robbie said that he, Levein and Cathro were telling lies?

 

wasnt hearts specific mate more general point about saying what's required which may not be the absolute truth

 

anyway in that other interview did he address jammys points?

 

:)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
38 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

I agree with that. From what little is available to discuss it does sound like any new contract will involve him continuing to play for a little while but also being more involved on the coaching side as well. I'd imagine even he, Naismith, will be aware he doesn't have the overall experience to manage the club at the moment. But you would have to be blind and/or stupid to not notice just how much input he has with the other players in the side when he plays. I'm not sure if his injury versus Celtic related to a problem he already had but reports do suggest that the remedial work done on it wasn't successful, which I'm guessing played a big part in him having to drop out and get more work done recently, from which he is presently recovering. Whether than itself deserves any of the comments that he is injury prone is something discussable. But you can see when he is on the park everything is about getting the ball and getting players forward, to hurt the opposition and that is what I want to see. If it doesn't work all the time that in itself is a learning curve for him as well. But what about while he is still playing/coaching, who should hold the overall manager's/head coach position. I do think it has to be someone who is open to new ideas of how the team should line up and play. I have nothing at all personally against Craig Levein, he has to rank as the most gifted player I've seen playing for the club. But I do think he is set in his ways football wise, and we need to move away from those ways and try something different. I haven't a clue if there is someone who would be happy to come in and do the head coach role for 2/3 seasons, but the only way the club will find out is if they ask potential appointments.

 

My opinion has always been the same, Craig has had his time at Tynecastle but I'd be delighted if it came to a conclusion with him being able to evidence that he had won a trophy. Then is the time to think about the next chapter in the history of HMFC and hope we can come to an acceptable amount of money for him departing the club.

Naismith isn’t going to have influence over team selection, shape, defensive structure or, anything like that.  

 

But i’d imagine he will be influencing how we play, how we transition the ball from midfield and into attacking positions etc.. maybe teaching others where they should be doing and what runs to make etc... Possibly like Johan Cruyff did in his time. 

 

I think that that would be a good thing. He’s got that experience and will be pretty tactically aware from the level he has played at.

 

He’s still got a few years in him on the pitch yet though. He’d be a massive signing for us to have him for the rest of his career and then maybe he will be our future manager. 

 

I don’t know what is going to happen with CL but maybe the coaches will be incharge fully next year with CL just being there to oversee. Maybe delegating everything to the coaches. It might not be a bad thing. We’ll see what happens but I don’t think things will be as is the case at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

 

wasnt hearts specific mate more general point about saying what's required which may not be the absolute truth

 

anyway in that other interview did he address jammys points?

 

:)

 

Not going to go hunting it out but do remembet Robbie completely debunking the shite Mikey Stewart & co were coming out with and said he chose who came in and DoF was to try and make it happen. Said he wished he had DoF at MK Dons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
51 minutes ago, sadj said:

Read the thread. Everyone has derailed it. They moan about Billie Piper pics but happy to derail it with more pish about Levein

 

 

Who moaned about Billy Piper pics?

 

Arseholes. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

 

 

Who moaned about Billy Piper pics?

 

Arseholes. 

 

 

 

We did!

 

Why...

 

Because we want to! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smith's right boot
Just now, To Be Frank said:

 

We did!

 

Why...

 

Because we want to! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

?

 

?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

 

 

Who moaned about Billy Piper pics?

 

Arseholes. 

 

 

 

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

 

We did!

 

Why...

 

Because we want to! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

?

??‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

 

did they touch on the points jammy raised i.e. that only the vast majority of decisions were there's and that sometimes the "scouting network" :lol: recommended players

 

ironically neilson just admitted there to being economical/political with the truth while giving his expert opinion on the Ayr v Patrick game

 

ive always had an inkling to be honest

 

You know that every club in the world will be made aware of players that are available and may be interested in joining that club - so they are not players that the manager will have actively have sought out or though about initially?

 

So therefore in every club in the world there are players signed where the manager has not initiated the signing of that player as he didn’t go out and try and get at the initial stages?

 

You do know this don’t you?

 

 

Edited by Jammy T
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

What did Neilson say? Was he hinting at too much interference?

 

The complete opposite - felt 100% supported by Levein and couldn’t have done the job without him.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

 

The complete opposite - felt 100% supported by Levein and couldn’t have done the job without him.

 

 

 

Strange thing to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ford donald
10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Naismith isn’t going to have influence over team selection, shape, defensive structure or, anything like that.  

 

But i’d imagine he will be influencing how we play, how we transition the ball from midfield and into attacking positions etc.. maybe teaching others where they should be doing and what runs to make etc... Possibly like Johan Cruyff did in his time. 

 

I think that that would be a good thing. He’s got that experience and will be pretty tactically aware from the level he has played at.

 

He’s still got a few years in him on the pitch yet though. He’d be a massive signing for us to have him for the rest of his career and then maybe he will be our future manager. 

 

I don’t know what is going to happen with CL but maybe the coaches will be incharge fully next year with CL just being there to oversee. Maybe delegating everything to the coaches. It might not be a bad thing. We’ll see what happens but I don’t think things will be as is the case at the moment.

 Naismith will have a influence on team selection next season,If he stays, which I believe he will!

Link to post
Share on other sites
doctor jambo

I’m never convinced the managers play a big role.

List every team in every league by budget, then the same by league position, and the two lists side by side will be almost indistinguishable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

 

You know that every club in the world will be made aware of players that are available and may be interested in joining that club - so they are not players that the manager will have actively have sought out or though about initially?

 

So therefore in every club in the world there are players signed where the manager has not initiated the signing of that player as he didn’t go out and try and get at the initial stages?

 

You do know this don’t you?

 

 

 

this coupled with your "vast majority" comment suggests you agree that not all signings were fully down to the coach

 

so after a bit of adult debate sounds like we agree in principal - a victory for kickback

 

 

 

:)

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

 

The complete opposite - felt 100% supported by Levein and couldn’t have done the job without him.

 

 

 

the comment being referred to was what Robbie said last night at the Ayr Patrick game

 

ive answered it above but you must have missed it so what he pointed out was that sometimes managers have to say what's required rather than the absolute truth 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

So much for the ‘done deal, he’s signed’. Some on here just write tosh and present as facts. Complete dafties 

Well obviously until it's signed it's not completely a done deal, but do you think Levein would be publicly saying he's hoping to tie it up this week if he thought it wouldn't go ahead?  It's going to happen barring a massive change of direction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Well obviously until it's signed it's not completely a done deal, but do you think Levein would be publicly saying he's hoping to tie it up this week if he thought it wouldn't go ahead?  It's going to happen barring a massive change of direction.

I would agree with that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...