Bauld

Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

RudiHMFC

Another coach, yaaaay.

If getting rid of Levein means no Naismith then I'd happily see him not sign.

bistokid
1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Another coach, yaaaay.

Said more succinctly than me.

Jodami

Suggestions of Naismith as a player manager are utterly ridiculous and completely missing the most obvious problems at the club. We need an experienced manager/head coach who can set the team up and help some of our less experienced staff. That means a UEFA Pro Licence plus years of experience. Player managers are a thing of the past. 

Jodami
5 hours ago, Barack said:

CL, & Naismith signing...inexorably linked. As I've said previous.

If getting rid of our underperforming manager means we don't sign a highest earner with a chronic knee issue which keeps him on the sidelines for most of the season then that seems a reasonable choice. The brief taste of Naismith has kept Levein in a job for too long. 

RudiHMFC
2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Suggestions of Naismith as a player manager are utterly ridiculous and completely missing the most obvious problems at the club. We need an experienced manager/head coach who can set the team up and help some of our less experienced staff. That means a UEFA Pro Licence plus years of experience. Player managers are a thing of the past. 

It's basically doing the Cathro thing again, cutting off anyone else from the outside and promoting one of Leveins chums in to the hot seat, if it doesn't work then we end up back at square one with Levein 'steadying the ship'

It's all become a complete nonsense.

graygo
12 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Another coach, yaaaay.

Does that hatred go as far as being happy to lose the cup final if it means he leaves?

RudiHMFC
14 minutes ago, graygo said:

Does that hatred go as far as being happy to lose the cup final if it means he leaves?

Why are you talking about hatred? I want hearts to win the cup but I don't want another season of Levein, I'm actually bored of people like you who can't see past hatred and agendas.

Boris
1 hour ago, tolcross lad said:

Could that mean that McPhee,Daly Fox and Naismith will be vying for succession to the throne.The bootroom is not a happy place as it is.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

What shit is going down in the boot room?

Would be interested to hear too.

sadj
4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

However much appointing a manager without experience from at least one previous club is a gamble a club our size shouldn't usually take... I'd be on board with it. It'd certainly be interesting.

Though I fear CL would carry on as DoF and the coaching staff would continue as before too - neither of which would be good news in my view.

If Naismith did well, he'd be Gerrard's replacement (which might be what he's thinking) - but hopefully he'd be as good for us as we've already been for him. 

@Barack This ended me ???

sadj
29 minutes ago, Jodami said:

That would be a start

Notts1874
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Made me giggle as well tbf. Interesting how this has developed and how people reach conclusions.

Sir Gio

So, Naismith will be shite, even before he has started. Crystal balls oot and polished this morning I see. Anyone got the Euromillions numbers?

sadj
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Made me giggle as well tbf. Interesting how this has developed and how people reach conclusions.

Indeed ???

graygo
7 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Why are you talking about hatred? I want hearts to win the cup but I don't want another season of Levein, I'm actually bored of people like you who can't see past hatred and agendas.

Ok, I take back the word hatred.

Question still stands though.

You want Naismith to sign but will happily see that not happen if it means Levein goes.

You want to win the cup but would you happily see that not happen if it means Levein goes?

Sir Gio
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

I totally jumped to a conclusion. Half the fun of football.

I particularly love the negative conclusions of something that hasn't yet happened, maybe never will

RudiHMFC
Just now, graygo said:

Ok, I take back the word hatred.

Question still stands though.

You want Naismith to sign but will happily see that not happen if it means Levein goes.

You want to win the cup but would you happily see that not happen if it means Levein goes?

Nope. I want hearts to win the cup, Levein celebrates on the pitch with the players and leaves the club before the next season starts, if we win the cup, that one off game will not be enough to convince me Craig Levein is the man for the job, we've been terrible over a long period of time.

graygo
1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Nope. I want hearts to win the cup, Levein celebrates on the pitch with the players and leaves the club before the next season starts, if we win the cup, that one off game will not be enough to convince me Craig Levein is the man for the job, we've been terrible over a long period of time.

Fair enough mate, probably a scenario that almost all of us would settle for.

Notts1874
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I particularly love the negative conclusions of something that hasn't yet happened, maybe never will

?

Hampden Demolition
11 minutes ago, Boris said:

Would be interested to hear too.

Ive heard there has been a fall out between Daly and MacPhee but not sure how reliable the info is.

Boris
Just now, Hampden Demolition said:

Ive heard there has been a fall out between Daly and MacPhee but not sure how reliable the info is.

Thanks.

Do you know what about?  Something major or is it a minor tiff?

Notts1874
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Thanks.

Hair gel.

Sir Gio
1 minute ago, Boris said:

Thanks.

MacPhee got an ice cream for putting out the most cones, Daly retorted, he had sorted out the bibs

Boris
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Hair gel.

:rofl:

Hampden Demolition
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Thanks.

No idea, sorry. As I said, not sure how reliable that info is.

Boris
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

MacPhee got an ice cream for putting out the most cones, Daly retorted, he had sorted out the bibs

Justified then...

Boris
Just now, Hampden Demolition said:

No idea, sorry. As I said, not sure how reliable that info is.

no worries, and thanks for sharing.

Alan_R
38 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Naismith had his B-Licence in 2015, he has coached Norwich and Everton for short spells (same level as Gerrard although admittedly not as long)

I couldn't find more recent info quoting exactly what level he is now at but there is quotes he has been involved at various clubs so I'd suggest if he was only a few steps on the coaching pathway from a pro licence 4 years ago he has probably come on a bit since? 

Does this mean he is the man for the job? of course not! 

But it also doesn't mean he will be shite or we should rule it out. He certainly has the command of team mates and the passion.

Chaps

Naismith as player manager 

:facepalm:

This place is mental.

kila
42 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Naismith does all the moaning, pointing, shouting, organising on the park... He is basically managing the team once kick off happens. Who knows what he is like behind the scenes but the players look lost without his presence!

He talks a lot of sense too. Don't think it is outrageous to see him as a future manager.

Notts1874
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

:rofl:

Its no laughing matter ?

tokyowalnut

Were ITKers not saying a couple of weeks ago that it was agreed that Austin and Naismith were the new management team for next season?! I cant be bothered scrolling through looking for quotes. 

Notts1874
1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

Were ITKers not saying a couple of weeks ago that it was agreed that Austin and Naismith were the new management team for next season?! I cant be bothered scrolling through looking for quotes. 

?????????.

Not laughing at you directly but were folk really saying that?

tokyowalnut
8 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

?????????.

Not laughing at you directly but were folk really saying that?

If I could be bothered looking I would. But, that was it ?

I do use 'ITKers' in the loosest of terms!

sadj
23 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Haha seriously ??????

doctor jambo

If, and it is a huge ask, if we win the cup, Levein gets a free pass for this season and next from me.

To beat Celtic- and a rampant, runaway Celtic at that, in the Scottish Cup Final would be an unbelievable feat.

Its been 20 years since we beat a bigger side in a final,

and before that a further half century or so since we previously did it.

I would also accept Naismith as player manager if it meant we kept him.

The guy is class, and a winner, with massive experience AND respect in the game.

We are Hearts FFS,  a second tier club in a third rate league

kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Naismith as player manager 

:facepalm:

This place is mental.

Why seems like a very intelligent guy, his on field coaching is exceptional.  The closest we’ve come to the title in my lifetime was with a PM. 

Saying that, I’d prefer he just played for 2/3 years 

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, graygo said:

"Hatred" : the most meaningless and overused word in modern times. Did we all "hate" Cathro too? What about all the "haters" that led to Tony Ford being dismissed. Manager can"t cut it at top club, has us punching below our weight and gets sacked. We move on, nothing to see here. 

Notts1874
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Why seems like a very intelligent guy, his on field coaching is exceptional.  The closest we’ve come to the title in my lifetime was with a PM. 

Saying that, I’d prefer he just played for 2/3 years 

Or 4.

graygo
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

"Hatred" : the most meaningless and overused word in modern times. Did we all "hate" Cathro too? What about all the "haters" that led to Tony Ford being dismissed. Manager can"t cut it at top club, has us punching below our weight and gets sacked. We move on, nothing to see here. 

I've already retracted the word "hatred".

Jammy T
1 hour ago, jamboj said:

DOF is ultimately accountable for signings and contracts. That aspect of our club has been, on the whole, awful since the championship season

The usual total misunderstanding of how we operated DOF.

You write for The Sun?

Jammy T

I genuinely worry for the sanity of a large group of our fans.

Jesus Christ.

jamboj
Just now, Jammy T said:

The usual total misunderstanding of how we operated DOF.

You write for The Sun?

So was the DOF not responsible for signings and contracts? Is his role at the club not to do that? Did he not provide Connor Sammon and Malaury Martin with three year deals? Was he not also accountable for interviewing and appointing Ian Cathro?

I understand that the manager (Neilson and Cathro) made clear what, and often who, they wanted. But the execution is down to the DoF - and massive mistakes, for example the three above, were made. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

You mean someone like Craig Levein ? :thumbsup:

Bob Loblaw
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Or 4.

That'd be some gamble given his knee issues.  

Notts1874

Not this Connor Sammon nonsense again ?

sadj
7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Not this Connor Sammon nonsense again ?

11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I genuinely worry for the sanity of a large group of our fans.

Jesus Christ.

These two go hand in hand.....

Barack
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Shaun's entitled to his opinion. 

Tick-tock.

Jodami
11 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

If, and it is a huge ask, if we win the cup, Levein gets a free pass for this season and next from me.

To beat Celtic- and a rampant, runaway Celtic at that, in the Scottish Cup Final would be an unbelievable feat.

Its been 20 years since we beat a bigger side in a final,

and before that a further half century or so since we previously did it.

I would also accept Naismith as player manager if it meant we kept him.

The guy is class, and a winner, with massive experience AND respect in the game.

We are Hearts FFS,  a second tier club in a third rate league

Respect your opinion but I am struggling to understand the logic being applied here. A one off game shouldn't determine future strategy, surely an analysis of our performances over the season is the key to what we do next. I know the value and rarity of finals and I desperately hope we win but that doesn't change where we are. 

Player managers are not practical in the modern game. Players who go into management routinely say that they can't believe how much more time they have to spend on a number of different aspects of managing a squad. If we do keep Naismith then he needs managed separately from a fitness perspective and ideally told to stop playing for Scotland. 

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Yes, me too. If we can't do that on a message board, where else can we? 

Kudos to Notts though. He set a dastardly trap - which I walked straight into. The older I get, the more stupid I become. :( 

Jodami
15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You mean someone like Craig Levein ? :thumbsup:

Sorry I should have specified that the person would spend all of their time on the training ground and not be a devotee of Charles Hughes!