Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Jambof3tornado
18 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Great incentive now for him to step his recovery up a notch or two and get himself fit for the final. Would be a massive boost to have him back for it.

I cant imagine naisy is the type of guy who isnt giving his recovery 100% already!!

Fingers crossed he makes it.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Sir Gio

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Steven Naismith limping off at Murrayfield against Celtic was the moment the last wheel came off our season. 

I look forward to seeing him emerge from the tunnel with his shoulders back and his chest puffed out at Hampden on the 25th putting in an inspired, leading performance where he and the rest of the team leave after 90 minutes to pick up the Scottish Cup. Finally delivering on a season that looked like it promised everything and then felt like it had produced nothing. 

Then ultimate scenes as he announces the signing of a pre contract in proper Wolf of Wall Street fashion on the Hampden turf 

Could'nt agree with your first sentence more.  My heart absolutely sank along with thousands of others.

What a comeback to score a couple and smile at Petrie when its turn to lift the trophy.

End the season the way we started it.

julienbrellier
20 hours ago, Bainy said:

Due back start of may. New contract will be signed and hell score a 90th minute winner to best Celtic and end the treble treble. Watch this space 

:clumshot:

Seymour M Hersh
22 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Stevie Naismith is scoring the winner on 25th May #BELIEVE

I don't give a flying **** who scores the winner as long as someone scores the winner for HMFC.

pettigrewsstylist
On 14/04/2019 at 07:22, Bainy said:

Due back start of may. New contract will be signed and hell score a 90th minute winner to best Celtic and end the treble treble. Watch this space 

Presumably 90th minute written into contract? If not, then.... SN GTF!

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Presumably 90th minute written into contract? If not, then.... SN GTF!

You shouldn't have typed that.

The weegie press will pick up on it and write an exclusive -  "We understand that if SN doesn't....."

Heartsofgold
12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Certainly has plenty of ideas about how to move things forward.

That's a bit of a tease Notts, care to elaborate?

18 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

As Ronseal once almost said. My post says exactly what it does on the tin?

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

??

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

That's a bit of a tease Notts, care to elaborate?

?

GorgieRules22
3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

In a coaching sense or a playing one ?

We miss him terribly that’s for sure.

40 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

In a coaching sense or a playing one ?

We miss him terribly that’s for sure.

In general 

5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

As Ronseal once almost said. My post says exactly what it does on the tin?

You write posts... on a tin!?

2 hours ago, sadj said:

In general 

And also, in life.

CL, & Naismith signing...inexorably linked. As I've said previous.

Interesting to read Notts' comment on him though too.

Player manager. Always looked a strong possibility advanced I would suggest by the stagnation of the season. 

Levein would be happy with that recoil into the shadows in the knowledge he has a name that most people would be happy with. 

Still constitutes risk but these days what manager doesn't 

shaun.lawson
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Player manager. Always looked a strong possibility advanced I would suggest by the stagnation of the season. 

Levein would be happy with that recoil into the shadows in the knowledge he has a name that most people would be happy with. 

However much appointing a manager without experience from at least one previous club is a gamble a club our size shouldn't usually take... I'd be on board with it. It'd certainly be interesting.

Though I fear CL would carry on as DoF and the coaching staff would continue as before too - neither of which would be good news in my view.

If Naismith did well, he'd be Gerrard's replacement (which might be what he's thinking) - but hopefully he'd be as good for us as we've already been for him. 

Edited by shaun.lawson
Dagger Is Back
26 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

However much appointing a manager without experience from at least one previous club is a gamble a club our size shouldn't usually take... I'd be on board with it. It'd certainly be interesting.

Though I fear CL would carry on as DoF and the coaching staff would continue as before too - neither of which would be good news in my view.

If Naismith did well, he'd be Gerrard's replacement (which might be what he's thinking) - but hopefully he'd be as good for us as we've already been for him. 

I don’t think Naismith would ever go back to Ibrox.

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Naismith is very much his own man, suspect he may end up directing Levein. Or perhaps they will work well with one another, in harmony.

Imagine that, 2 people actually getting on for the common good

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

probably acceptable to most fans

this and winning the Scottish cup and the fans will love Craig again

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Imagine that, 2 people actually getting on for the common good

Radical thinking.

It will never catch on.

1 minute ago, kila said:

So Naismith as player manager for next season is the rumour?

I am interpreting Notts comments as such. I have zero knowledge, but always believed personally it would be a carrot to dangle. Stone bonking obvious really.

Feel sorry for the coaches in the boot room if this does happen, but the reality, nobody outside of our boardroom are in love with that idea.

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

He doesn't want a management position until he stops playing.

He hasn't played much this season :whistling:

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think it’s more a case of Naismith having tactical input in how we play. 

Coach of the O-Fence?

Christophe the D-Fence?

Edited by Sir Gio
shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think it’s more a case of Naismith having tactical input in how we play. 

Player-coach?

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Where has Naismith been lately? Not seen him on match days. Presume back at Norwich for treatment?

We're really missing his presence in general

He was at the semi final.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, shaun.lawson said:

Player-coach?

I don’t know if officially that’ll be the case but he’ll certainly have even more input and influence than he has already.

tolcross lad

Could that mean that McPhee,Daly Fox and Naismith will be vying for succession to the throne.The bootroom is not a happy place as it is.

53 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

He was at the semi final.

Pretty sure I saw him at the game on Saturday as well.

Why is everyone against Levein remaining as DOF? It has been cleared up by the only people who know that he has no input into the team selection or tactics while in that position. Looks like it can only be personal.

52 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Could that mean that McPhee,Daly Fox and Naismith will be vying for succession to the throne.The bootroom is not a happy place as it is.

What shit is going down in the boot room?

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why is everyone against Levein remaining as DOF? It has been cleared up by the only people who know that he has no input into the team selection or tactics while in that position. Looks like it can only be personal.

Levein and Naismith clearly have a mutual respect for each other, so I see no reason why they couldn't work together as DoF and Player/manager

I really like Craig as a guy and would love him to stay at the club but I'd like it to be in a DOF role where his focus is on the academy and preparing them for the first team rather than overseeing the first team.

With Naismith as head coach I don't see there being enough separation.

I'd like to see an experienced manager brought in to handle the first team and work with Craig, not for him.

So if Naismith is set on being our new manager when he retires, we can’t really bring anyone else in? 

‘Hi mate, manage us until Stevie is ready. Thanks’ 

Guess it’s one way of justifying Levein staying. Personally, if it keeps Naismith then it is worth having Levein. 

Unless Andy Kirk fancies the job with that remit because I doubt anyone else would. 

Inch Hearts
32 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ah, the good old  “personal”  or “agenda against” routine.  Bar a season and a half under Robbie it’s been the same tactics almost all of the time Leveins been back at the club.  You’re correct though just a coincidence and he wasn’t passing notes to Cathro or going into the dressing room, no siree it’s “personal” 

35 minutes ago, graygo said:

DOF is ultimately accountable for signings and contracts. That aspect of our club has been, on the whole, awful since the championship season

6 minutes ago, R1874 said:

So if Naismith is set on being our new manager when he retires, we can’t really bring anyone else in? 

‘Hi mate, manage us until Stevie is ready. Thanks’ 

Guess it’s one way of justifying Levein staying. Personally, if it keeps Naismith then it is worth having Levein. 

Unless Andy Kirk fancies the job with that remit because I doubt anyone else would. 

I am not sure it is. Naismith is an excellent player but he is 32 and increasingly appears to be injury prone. What we would appear to be doing is creating another Cathro situation  - i.e. an inexperienced coach to either immediately take over or gradually take over.  This again ties us to the current structure in one way or another and this structure can only be deemed a failure at this stage. 

Naismith on the face it does appear to have qualities that might make him a good manager but if it was a choice of get a new autonomous manager in with some previous experience OR add another member to the boot room, well it's an easy choice.

Edited by bistokid