Naismith - aims for return against Rangers ( updated )

Bauld

julienbrellier
20 hours ago, Bainy said:

Due back start of may. New contract will be signed and hell score a 90th minute winner to best Celtic and end the treble treble. Watch this space 

:clumshot:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbo-Jambo

• Inch Hearts

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

Seymour M Hersh
22 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

Stevie Naismith is scoring the winner on 25th May #BELIEVE

I don't give a flying **** who scores the winner as long as someone scores the winner for HMFC.

pettigrewsstylist
On 14/04/2019 at 07:22, Bainy said:

Due back start of may. New contract will be signed and hell score a 90th minute winner to best Celtic and end the treble treble. Watch this space 

Presumably 90th minute written into contract? If not, then.... SN GTF!

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Presumably 90th minute written into contract? If not, then.... SN GTF!

You shouldn't have typed that.

The weegie press will pick up on it and write an exclusive -  "We understand that if SN doesn't....."

Heartsofgold
12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Certainly has plenty of ideas about how to move things forward.

That's a bit of a tease Notts, care to elaborate?

18 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

As Ronseal once almost said. My post says exactly what it does on the tin?

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

??

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

That's a bit of a tease Notts, care to elaborate?

?

GorgieRules22
3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

In a coaching sense or a playing one ?

We miss him terribly that’s for sure.

40 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

In a coaching sense or a playing one ?

We miss him terribly that’s for sure.

In general 

5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

As Ronseal once almost said. My post says exactly what it does on the tin?

You write posts... on a tin!?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Player manager. Always looked a strong possibility advanced I would suggest by the stagnation of the season. 

Levein would be happy with that recoil into the shadows in the knowledge he has a name that most people would be happy with. 

Still constitutes risk but these days what manager doesn't 

shaun.lawson
8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Player manager. Always looked a strong possibility advanced I would suggest by the stagnation of the season. 

Levein would be happy with that recoil into the shadows in the knowledge he has a name that most people would be happy with. 

However much appointing a manager without experience from at least one previous club is a gamble a club our size shouldn't usually take... I'd be on board with it. It'd certainly be interesting.

Though I fear CL would carry on as DoF and the coaching staff would continue as before too - neither of which would be good news in my view.

If Naismith did well, he'd be Gerrard's replacement (which might be what he's thinking) - but hopefully he'd be as good for us as we've already been for him. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

Dagger Is Back
26 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

However much appointing a manager without experience from at least one previous club is a gamble a club our size shouldn't usually take... I'd be on board with it. It'd certainly be interesting.

Though I fear CL would carry on as DoF and the coaching staff would continue as before too - neither of which would be good news in my view.

If Naismith did well, he'd be Gerrard's replacement (which might be what he's thinking) - but hopefully he'd be as good for us as we've already been for him. 

I don’t think Naismith would ever go back to Ibrox.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

Naismith is very much his own man, suspect he may end up directing Levein. Or perhaps they will work well with one another, in harmony.

Imagine that, 2 people actually getting on for the common good

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

probably acceptable to most fans

this and winning the Scottish cup and the fans will love Craig again

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Imagine that, 2 people actually getting on for the common good

Radical thinking.

It will never catch on.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, kila said:

So Naismith as player manager for next season is the rumour?

I am interpreting Notts comments as such. I have zero knowledge, but always believed personally it would be a carrot to dangle. Stone bonking obvious really.

Feel sorry for the coaches in the boot room if this does happen, but the reality, nobody outside of our boardroom are in love with that idea.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

He doesn't want a management position until he stops playing.

He hasn't played much this season :whistling:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think it’s more a case of Naismith having tactical input in how we play. 

Coach of the O-Fence?

Christophe the D-Fence?

Edited by Sir Gio

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Coach of the O-Fence?

Christophe the D-Fence?

They do it in the Rugger. ?‍♂️ 

Where has Naismith been lately? Not seen him on match days. Presume back at Norwich for treatment?

We're really missing his presence in general

shaun.lawson
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I think it’s more a case of Naismith having tactical input in how we play. 

Player-coach?

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Where has Naismith been lately? Not seen him on match days. Presume back at Norwich for treatment?

We're really missing his presence in general

He was at the semi final.

Cruyff Turn
Just now, shaun.lawson said:

Player-coach?

I don’t know if officially that’ll be the case but he’ll certainly have even more input and influence than he has already.

tolcross lad

Could that mean that McPhee,Daly Fox and Naismith will be vying for succession to the throne.The bootroom is not a happy place as it is.

53 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

He was at the semi final.

Pretty sure I saw him at the game on Saturday as well.

Why is everyone against Levein remaining as DOF? It has been cleared up by the only people who know that he has no input into the team selection or tactics while in that position. Looks like it can only be personal.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
52 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Could that mean that McPhee,Daly Fox and Naismith will be vying for succession to the throne.The bootroom is not a happy place as it is.

What shit is going down in the boot room?

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why is everyone against Levein remaining as DOF? It has been cleared up by the only people who know that he has no input into the team selection or tactics while in that position. Looks like it can only be personal.

Levein and Naismith clearly have a mutual respect for each other, so I see no reason why they couldn't work together as DoF and Player/manager

I really like Craig as a guy and would love him to stay at the club but I'd like it to be in a DOF role where his focus is on the academy and preparing them for the first team rather than overseeing the first team.

With Naismith as head coach I don't see there being enough separation.

I'd like to see an experienced manager brought in to handle the first team and work with Craig, not for him.

So if Naismith is set on being our new manager when he retires, we can’t really bring anyone else in? 

‘Hi mate, manage us until Stevie is ready. Thanks’ 

Guess it’s one way of justifying Levein staying. Personally, if it keeps Naismith then it is worth having Levein. 

Unless Andy Kirk fancies the job with that remit because I doubt anyone else would. 

Inch Hearts
32 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ah, the good old  “personal”  or “agenda against” routine.  Bar a season and a half under Robbie it’s been the same tactics almost all of the time Leveins been back at the club.  You’re correct though just a coincidence and he wasn’t passing notes to Cathro or going into the dressing room, no siree it’s “personal” 

35 minutes ago, graygo said:

DOF is ultimately accountable for signings and contracts. That aspect of our club has been, on the whole, awful since the championship season

6 minutes ago, R1874 said:

So if Naismith is set on being our new manager when he retires, we can’t really bring anyone else in? 

‘Hi mate, manage us until Stevie is ready. Thanks’ 

Guess it’s one way of justifying Levein staying. Personally, if it keeps Naismith then it is worth having Levein. 

Unless Andy Kirk fancies the job with that remit because I doubt anyone else would. 

I am not sure it is. Naismith is an excellent player but he is 32 and increasingly appears to be injury prone. What we would appear to be doing is creating another Cathro situation  - i.e. an inexperienced coach to either immediately take over or gradually take over.  This again ties us to the current structure in one way or another and this structure can only be deemed a failure at this stage. 

Naismith on the face it does appear to have qualities that might make him a good manager but if it was a choice of get a new autonomous manager in with some previous experience OR add another member to the boot room, well it's an easy choice.

Edited by bistokid

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Another coach, yaaaay.

If getting rid of Levein means no Naismith then I'd happily see him not sign.

Said more succinctly than me.

Suggestions of Naismith as a player manager are utterly ridiculous and completely missing the most obvious problems at the club. We need an experienced manager/head coach who can set the team up and help some of our less experienced staff. That means a UEFA Pro Licence plus years of experience. Player managers are a thing of the past. 

5 hours ago, Barack said:

CL, & Naismith signing...inexorably linked. As I've said previous.

If getting rid of our underperforming manager means we don't sign a highest earner with a chronic knee issue which keeps him on the sidelines for most of the season then that seems a reasonable choice. The brief taste of Naismith has kept Levein in a job for too long.