Scottish Cup Semi Final v Inverness - Sat 13th April 12:15pm kick off

kila

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

I just read this quote from Robbo after the ICT game yesterday. 

"Ian McCall and I are too long in the tooth for a tactical game. We set up our teams to entertain and go and win matches, that's what we do, we go for it."

I don't see their approach changing for Saturday. I only hope we go for it too. 

Normally I'd think about using wide players on such a big pitch but I don't have confidence ours can put decent balls into the box. I'd go for a team along these lines if everyone's fit: 

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra Burns

Haring Djoum Cochrane

Clare 

Uche Keena 

Subs: Doyle, Dikamona, Brandon, Mulraney, Wighton, Lee and Bozanic

I know it would be a big call to pick Cochrane for this game but I think his energy and enthusiasm would give us something we've been missing. 

Haring and Djoum are good players but they are a bit pedestrian at times. That's why we can't have Lee in there as well in my view. 

If Levein can give Burns his league debut in the derby then why not give Harry an opportunity in this game? 

I'd rather we tried something different and had a real go than carrying on with the same old. I think Levein's team will be something like: 

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra Brandon

Clare Haring Djoum Mulraney

MacLean Uche 

Subs: Doyle, Shaugnessy, Lee, Keena, Wighton, Bozanic and Morrison 

We've no seen cochrane all year, why would you throw him into our biggest game? 

I thought we dominated on Saturday, I'd start the same team if at all possible. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Boab

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I agree. 

41 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Same as the derby but Keena from the start. 

I’m with you but not sure who would drop

54 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Same as the derby but Keena from the start. 

I'd like to see him start as well he'll add to the goal threat and has a bit experience playing at Hampden already  

Clerry Jambo
58 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Other than P1, P2 and P3, does anyone know what other sections in the South Stand have been sold?

I think that’s all mate

Captain Sausage

As above, think we should start the same 11 as Saturday. 

This match is absolutely crucial for Levein, lose it and I just can’t see his position remaining tenable. 

Win and we are set up for a final and a chance (albeit outside after the derby result) of 4th place. 

I don’t care if we win 5-0 or 1-0 with a sloppy 120th minute own goal. Get to the final Hearts. 

Italian Lambretta
18 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

This match is absolutely crucial for Levein, lose it and I just can’t see his position remaining tenable. 

Win and we are set up for a final and a chance (albeit outside after the derby result) of 4th place. 

I don’t care if we win 5-0 or 1-0 with a sloppy 120th minute own goal. Get to the final Hearts. 

I would rather we won the game in 90 minutes spending anymore time in that shitehole makes me want to vomit.

22 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

4th is gone. No way on earth we can win three, possibly 4 needed, games post-split.

Use the League to get everyone sharp for the Final. 

As you say, lose on Saturday and don’t even clear your desk. The support won’t allow him to stay.

Psychedelicropcircle
11 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

I just read this quote from Robbo after the ICT game yesterday. 

"Ian McCall and I are too long in the tooth for a tactical game. We set up our teams to entertain and go and win matches, that's what we do, we go for it."

I don't see their approach changing for Saturday. I only hope we go for it too. 

Normally I'd think about using wide players on such a big pitch but I don't have confidence ours can put decent balls into the box. I'd go for a team along these lines if everyone's fit: 

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra Burns

Haring Djoum Cochrane

Clare 

Uche Keena 

Subs: Doyle, Dikamona, Brandon, Mulraney, Wighton, Lee and Bozanic

I know it would be a big call to pick Cochrane for this game but I think his energy and enthusiasm would give us something we've been missing. 

Haring and Djoum are good players but they are a bit pedestrian at times. That's why we can't have Lee in there as well in my view. 

If Levein can give Burns his league debut in the derby then why not give Harry an opportunity in this game? 

I'd rather we tried something different and had a real go than carrying on with the same old. I think Levein's team will be something like: 

Bobby

Smith Souttar Berra Brandon

Clare Haring Djoum Mulraney

MacLean Uche 

Subs: Doyle, Shaugnessy, Lee, Keena, Wighton, Bozanic and Morrison 

Don’t be silly HC natural game is to go forward beyond the oppo midfield.A CL midfield is an extension of the defence, who’s sole task is to face Bobby for 90 mins and crab ? about??

12 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I’d play same team as yesterday. Let them work all week together and work at some of the play we produced yesterday. 

Burns did well. The lad will be pissed off if he gets dropped.  Wouldn’t be good management.  Some of Mulraney’s stealth runs were superb and caused all sorts of bother for Hibs. 

Our play just seems to flow better and players consciously made the effort to combine much better than recent matches. There’s was some nice off the cuff football as much as tactical. 

That's how I feel. Although I would ask Haring to work on his passing. The team really played on the deck where possible and it was refreshing to see them look to play to the feet upfront and through the middle rather than punt it. 

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

If Mulraney doesn't start after his performance on Saturday, then I give up! 

Play like we did early on game will be over quickly. 

For those people that go to the semi final, and if we get to the final.do yous think they should get a ticket after season ticket holders? 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I agree. I thought we played some if our best football in first 25 minutes and could and probably should have been 3 up. 

It's a semi final on a big park with a big support against a Championship team who we have soundly beaten already this season.

I don't have the angst that some do on here and I reckon we will win comfortably. 

Of course I am only correct 99% of the time.

??

3 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

For those people that go to the semi final, and if we get to the final.do yous think they should get a ticket after season ticket holders? 

Won't happen.

It's a fair suggestion. But it is what it is. Season ticket holders probably or loyalty points. 

OmiyaHearts
3 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

Season ticket holders contribute to club more than day-trippers to a semi, who maybe pick and choose their games at Tynecastle.

If we get to the final, the only people that should be guaranteed a ticket are ST holders. IMO, of course.

37 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

That's how I feel. Although I would ask Haring to work on his passing. The team really played on the deck where possible and it was refreshing to see them look to play to the feet upfront and through the middle rather than punt it. 

I know you get a different nature to different matches and have to adapt but let’s see a bit perseverance. 

Result aside the players probably enjoyed it more themselves playing that way.  The system helped.

Also, I thought having two left sided players actually playing on the left and combining made a big difference. (Burns and Mulraney)

They seemed to gain an understanding quite quickly and with being their natural side it made our play sharper.  

It was like what we used to have in years past.

Edited by Debut 4

upgotheheads

What's the word on injuries? Someone suggested Godhino had suffered a cruciate injury which is why he didn't figure on Saturday, and Smith  was limping. 

9 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Season ticket holders contribute to club more than day-trippers to a semi, who maybe pick and choose their games at Tynecastle.

If we get to the final, the only people that should be guaranteed a ticket are ST holders. IMO, of course.

That’s what he said in fairness.

There’s no real need for a debate on this.

If we get to the Final, ST holders will get one each then it will go to LPs. As most high LP guys will be ST holders, I think the threshold won’t be massively high. A good 9K will be available after the ST phase. Enough for regular attendees, IMO.

24 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I know you get a different nature to different matches and have to adapt but let’s see a bit perseverance. 

Result aside the players probably enjoyed it more themselves playing that way.  The system helped.

Also, I thought having two left sided players actually playing on the left and combining made a big difference. (Burns and Mulraney)

They seemed to gain an understanding quite quickly and with being their natural side it made our play sharper.  

It was like what we used to have in years past.

Absolutely. Burns was always looking for the ball. And when he did his instinct was to look for a midfielder to pass to and move into space. He did have to punt a couple of times but you can see how he wants to play. Mulraney looked sharp. Think the boy just needs confidence. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

What makes you say that ??....

That's been plan A all season hit big Uche and play from there,

ICT will probably press us and get in our faces  forcing us to launch it from the back 

I can't see Levien going with both Mulraney and Morrison on both wings  probably our best wide player's 

This could be a bit of a scrappy kicking match 

gordiegords

I’m going to be in majorca when this game comes around, can anyone confirm that I would be able to watch the bbc stream on 4g on my phone? Can’t imagine I will find a pub showing bbc Scotland.

cheers 

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

What's the word on injuries? Someone suggested Godhino had suffered a cruciate injury which is why he didn't figure on Saturday, and Smith  was limping. 

Saw him running aboot at Riccarton this morning looked like him from a distance with his hair stylee is a one off 

43 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

I’m going to be in majorca when this game comes around, can anyone confirm that I would be able to watch the bbc stream on 4g on my phone? Can’t imagine I will find a pub showing bbc Scotland.

cheers 

You'll need a VPN so you appear 'inside the UK'. Be wary of VPNs because they get all your web traffic/data - only use it for the match and nothing else.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Keena would be a gamble. He may well turn out to be a player and there are signs, but not enough in any of the games I've seen of him, do we rely on him to win a match of this magnitude.

I think it will be the same 11 as Saturday, or possibly MacLean taking Lees position.

Tickets seem to have now ground to a halt, the North would only have around 100 left though and less than that in the South.

Using Hampdens seating plan and our dot map, I reckon 17k sold comfortably, counted my estimate down

Independence
12 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

This we should have won by a good margin!!!

gordiegords
5 minutes ago, kila said:

You'll need a VPN so you appear 'inside the UK'. Be wary of VPNs because they get all your web traffic/data - only use it for the match and nothing else.

Oh right! How would I go about doing that? Download it? Thanks

1 hour ago, gordiegords said:

cheers 

I’ve watched BBC Scotland in Spain in the past. I’d check wherever you’re going.

Better on a big screen than a phone !

gordiegords
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’ve watched BBC Scotland in Spain in the past. I’d check wherever you’re going.

Better on a big screen than a phone !

I will have a day to scour some pubs before resorting to the phone! Cheers boab 

26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Keena would be a gamble. He may well turn out to be a player and there are signs, but not enough in any of the games I've seen of him, do we rely on him to win a match of this magnitude.

I think it will be the same 11 as Saturday, or possibly MacLean taking Lees position.

Tickets seem to have now ground to a halt, the North would only have around 100 left though and less than that in the South.

Using Hampdens seating plan and our dot map, I reckon 17k sold comfortably, counted my estimate down

Maclean taking lees position??

what games do you watch?

3 hours ago, taylor75 said:

Season tickets are crucial

to the clubs finances - as such ST tickets get priority.

16 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

I will have a day to scour some pubs before resorting to the phone! Cheers boab 

No worries, mate. Guy got the BBC through his satellite or some malarkey. Sure you’ll get it somewhere.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Maclean taking lees position??

what games do you watch?

We may choose to play with an extra striker, I didn't mean literally play the same position but take his position in the team. Lost in translation I believe :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

How many tickets sold? 

Using the Hampden map (shows how many seats there are), I tried to do a rough count at lunch time. My estimate somewhere between 17 & 18, if I was pushed for a number 17350

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

We may choose to play with an extra striker, I didn't mean literally play the same position but take his position in the team. Lost in translation I believe :lol:

Thank god for that!!! We’d be putting an even more useless player in imho.

maclean world champion at musical statues 

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Using the Hampden map (shows how many seats there are), I tried to do a rough count at lunch time. My estimate somewhere between 17 & 18, if I was pushed for a number 17350

Saturday’s to be lovely. Semi-Final, sunglasses, beer. You want it, folks....you do !

Get your tickets. 

?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Thank god for that!!! We’d be putting an even more useless player in imho.

maclean world champion at musical statues 

Nobody probably sums up our season more than him. Started the season great, looked to be a very useful addition, since our form went out of the window, so has his, and that was as good as 6 months back. 

It's not an easy decision, youth, inexperience, old head, out of form, or do you go with extra midfielders. Our blend just isn't right and I have no idea how we change it, but I suspect MacLean may be favoured for experience in this particular situation.

26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cheers

Should reach nearly 20,000

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Cheers

Should reach nearly 20,000

Need a fair push, not a lot have shifted since Friday. B5 I think the latest to open, but barely touched, very thin availability beyond I think E4 and P3, but its very much a drip now. 18k tops I would say, anyone who wants to go has one

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Play like we did early on game will be over quickly. 

As long as we can put the ball in the net this week Mikey.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, 1953 said:

As long as we can put the ball in the net this week Mikey.

And keep it out of our own one. One clean sheet in the last 10 suggest with our recent scoring record, 2-1 is about the best we can hope for

Hoping Keena starts we need a nippy striker and a big man and him and Uche seem the perfect two for Hampden!