U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Watt-Zeefuik

Big special election tonight. Replacing expelled Congressman and serial fantasist George Santos in suburban Long Island, New York.

The outcome has some minor consequences (a Democratic pickup would narrow the GOP's already very narrow majority) but in aggregate special elections tend to be predictors of general election results. This one is also important because it's a largely white, suburban district in the urban north of the sort that went for Trump in 2016 but switched to Biden in 2020, which didn't matter in New York but swung states like Pennsylvania and Michigan.

The GOP is trying to run on immigration and border issues. If they get a win tonight, it's another sign that Democrats have a lot to worry about on that front. If the Democrat wins, particularly handily, it's a sign that issue may not be as potent as the GOP wants.

• Replies 32.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Big special election tonight. Replacing expelled Congressman and serial fantasist George Santos in suburban Long Island, New York.

The outcome has some minor consequences (a Democratic pickup would narrow the GOP's already very narrow majority) but in aggregate special elections tend to be predictors of general election results. This one is also important because it's a largely white, suburban district in the urban north of the sort that went for Trump in 2016 but switched to Biden in 2020, which didn't matter in New York but swung states like Pennsylvania and Michigan.

The GOP is trying to run on immigration and border issues. If they get a win tonight, it's another sign that Democrats have a lot to worry about on that front. If the Democrat wins, particularly handily, it's a sign that issue may not be as potent as the GOP wants.

The Republican candidate makes for an, er, interesting read.  Someone who's immigrated to two countries, and who's lived in the US for less than half her life, campaigning to restrict immigration, and aiming (if I've read it right) to be the first Black Jewish person in Congress.  Hmmmm.

Watt-Zeefuik

Early returns apparently look good for Suozzi, the Democrat. (I mean he's way up at 15% reporting which doesn't mean that much but he's up more than he needs to be per precinct or something. I haven't chased down the logic deep into the weeds on this one.)

Watt-Zeefuik

News networks are calling it. Suozzi (D) is winning this handily. Margins could tighten but he's up 59-41 right now.

Watt-Zeefuik

Democratic pessimism has become a ****ing cottage industry in Washington in the last decade or so. "Dems in disarray" became such a common headline that it became a joke meme and now the political rags have to use "increasingly concerned" instead.

Some of this is worthwhile, as excessive optimism is in some ways more dangerous.

But sometimes it's just in denial of empirical results.

I'm again quoting Josh Marshall on this:

With the clear light of morning I wanted to do another after-action report on the results out of the special election in New York’s 3rd congressional district. According to the close-to-final results former Rep. Tom Suozzi beat Mazi Pilip by eight percentage points, 54% to 46%. That is a decisive if not a huge margin.

Notably that’s the identical margin from the 2022 result when the now-expelled George Santos defeated Robert Zimmerman (D). (Suozzi gave up the seat in 2022 to make a truly quixotic run for governor.) So from GOP +8 to Dem +8. Suozzi’s 54% of the vote was also what Biden got in the district in 2020, though it’s important to note that the district lines were redrawn after 2022. So it’s not a perfect apples to apples comparison. But it shows that there is one way to look at this race as a completely baseline result, with George Santos’s win in 2022 as a big outlier, and part of a surprisingly strong showing for Republicans across the southern portion of New York State.

We’re hearing a lot of people say this morning that special elections aren’t predictive. In other words, Suozzi winning this seat doesn’t tell us one way or another about whether Joe Biden is going to beat Donald Trump. And that’s true as far as it goes. The dynamics of special elections are different. This is a swingish part of a very Democratic metropolitan area. You have one candidate who is very well known in the district, with a proven electoral track record versus another who was an almost total unknown.

But the polling data is notable. There were four polls in this race. Suozzi led in all four, with the margins, in chronological order: D+3, D+4 , D+4, D+1. The actual result appears to be D+8. In the world of vibes, this was too close to call and the Democrats were moving heaven and earth to stave off a humiliating defeat. That’s fun for post-vote cackling. But we need to sweep it to the side when looking at the polls, which never really showed that. As noted, the big Dem pessimist argument is that recent special elections don’t tell us much because low turnout special elections are tailor-made for the Democrats increasingly educated/affluent constituency which is made up of very consistent voters. That educated/affluent part of the Democratic coalition is the one that has remained most enamored of Joe Biden.

But the delta between the poll prediction and the actual result is a bit different. Special elections can be difficult to survey. But, at least in theory, a standard likely voter screen should be make sense of an election in which only very consistent voters show up. But the polls missed the outcome by a significant margin. One poll missing by 4 percentage points is basically the margin of error. But when they all do it’s more than that. They seem to have misjudged each candidate’s support by a small but significant degree. In one race that’s not a huge deal. But this has been a relatively consistent pattern now for going on two years: public polls understating Democratic strength by relatively small but fairly consistent measures.

Full post here: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/ny3-post-game-its-all-over-but-deciding-why-the-dem-win-doesnt-matter/sharetoken/EtTMbwYZIWpW

Footballfirst

The US Congress has just voted 214-213 to impeach Mayorkas, the Homeland Security Secretary, over his alleged failure to control the borders.

I have no idea what the Republicans want to achieve by this other than to give Trump a platform to say he would do something different.  

In other US government news:

Apparently Turner is due to be briefed of this "threat" tomorrow, so perhaps it's surprising that he should issue such a scaremongering statement today.  Maybe it's to deflect from the Democrats winning a House seat from the Republicans last night.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The US Congress has just voted 214-213 to impeach Mayorkas, the Homeland Security Secretary, over his alleged failure to control the borders.

I have no idea what the Republicans want to achieve by this other than to give Trump a platform to say he would do something different.  

In other US government news:

Apparently Turner is due to be briefed of this "threat" tomorrow, so perhaps it's surprising that he should issue such a scaremongering statement today.  Maybe it's to deflect from the Democrats winning a House seat from the Republicans last night.

This has been the least productive House of Representatives tenure in decades. They've passed almost  nothing except for basic government funding bills, and those have fomented revolt. Republicans have such a narrow majority that the far right wing of the party can basically derail things, which their base is fully encouraging them to do.

In the wake of having done literally anything of importance other than fight with each other constantly, they're doing this impeachment to try to show their base that they've done something worthwhile. (They haven't of course, this couldn't be more DOA in the Senate if they tried.)

Maple Leaf
6 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Democratic pessimism has become a ****ing cottage industry in Washington in the last decade or so. "Dems in disarray" became such a common headline that it became a joke meme and now the political rags have to use "increasingly concerned" instead.

Some of this is worthwhile, as excessive optimism is in some ways more dangerous.

Full post here: https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/ny3-post-game-its-all-over-but-deciding-why-the-dem-win-doesnt-matter/sharetoken/EtTMbwYZIWpW

I hope that the above post is your polite way of telling me (and others) that we should calm the feck down!!!  :biggrin2:

Among Canadians, the Orange Rapist is probably the most despised politician anywhere, which is quite remarkable when we look at the ragtag bunch of nonentities who are in charge of this country.  Trudeau and his colleagues are just inept ... Trump is dangerous.  The mere possibility that Trump could win in November has millions of Canadians, including me, clutching our pearls and reaching for the smelling salts. 

The special election result in NY yesterday is like seeing the sun for the first time in weeks.  Let's hope that it's a sign of things to come. :thumb:

doddsyJR9
28 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I hope that the above post is your polite way of telling me (and others) that we should calm the feck down!!!  :biggrin2:

Among Canadians, the Orange Rapist is probably the most despised politician anywhere, which is quite remarkable when we look at the ragtag bunch of nonentities who are in charge of this country.  Trudeau and his colleagues are just inept ... Trump is dangerous.  The mere possibility that Trump could win in November has millions of Canadians, including me, clutching our pearls and reaching for the smelling salts. 

The special election result in NY yesterday is like seeing the sun for the first time in weeks.  Let's hope that it's a sign of things to come. :thumb:

So who do you want to win, while clutching your 'pearls'?

Maple Leaf
4 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

So who do you want to win, while clutching your 'pearls'?

Whoever is running against Trump.

doddsyJR9
Just now, Maple Leaf said:

Whoever is running against Trump.

Doesn't that say more about you than it does him, and gives voting to the plebs a bad reputation? What if Gary Glitter was the opposite runner?

il Duce McTarkin
41 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

What if Gary Glitter was the opposite runner?

Trump would vote for him.

doddsyJR9
2 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Trump would vote for him.

I was asking why Maple Leaf would vote for anyone but Trump, no matter who it was, and you interject on Maple Leaf's behalf with a crazy posting. I'd have liked to have heard Maple Leaf's reasoning not that, thank you anyway.

12 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

I was asking why Maple Leaf would vote for anyone but Trump, no matter who it was, and you interject on Maple Leaf's behalf with a crazy posting. I'd have liked to have heard Maple Leaf's reasoning not that, thank you anyway.

I think you're the one who has an issue if you have to ask why he would vote for whoever is running against Trump. You seriously can't figure that out?

Throwing out the vacuous Gary Glitter shite. There will be no convicts running against Trump, glad to enlighten you about that.

doddsyJR9
4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I think you're the one who has an issue if you have to ask why he would vote for whoever is running against Trump. You seriously can't figure that out?

Throwing out the vacuous Gary Glitter shite. There will be no convicts running against Trump, glad to enlighten you about that.

No I can't 'figure it out'. I liked Trump's 'Make America Great Again'. Why is that so hated by haters? While clutching their 'pearls'?

doddsyJR9
8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Lots of citizens arrests against your probable messiah Tony Blair, a shouda been convict, who still roams among us, a millionaire property convert. Yeah.

aye but what if it wiz fred west or jimmy savile or harold shipman running fur the democrats likesay eh

what then eh?

eh?

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Heh, if I paint too rosy a picture, Uly will come back around and tell me that I'm thinking with my feelings and that I'm unqualified for my job again.

I'll say again that I think Biden winning remains the more likely scenario. The fact that Trump actually has a reasonable chance of winning is terrifying, certainly, but IMO there's still also a reasonable chance that he gets utterly pantsed (as he should in any sane world).

1 hour ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Doesn't that say more about you than it does him, and gives voting to the plebs a bad reputation? What if Gary Glitter was the opposite runner?

I know you think you're being cute, but for one thing, Gary Glitter isn't running against him, so this is nonsense outright. It is in no way unreasonable to not want the far and away worst President in the history of the United States back in office. To be quite honest, for all Glitter's offenses (it would make two sexual predators on the ballot, after all), he has no history of trying to overthrow a legitimate democratic election, inciting lethal violence against his foes, or making any promises to purge the federal workforce or throw my neighbors out of the country. So you know what, **** yes, I'd vote for Gary Glitter before Donald Trump. And I'd probably vote for just about anyone else before voting for either of them, but that's how bad Trump is.

And if we're doing it this way, yeah, the fact that you think this is some kind of surprising or unreasonable take says plenty about you, none of it good.

4 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Heh, if I paint too rosy a picture, Uly will come back around and tell me that I'm thinking with my feelings and that I'm unqualified for my job again.

I don't mind what kind of picture you paint.  I just have a preference for artists who base their sketches on the landscape itself rather than what they would like the landscape to look like. :laugh:  

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

aye but what if it wiz fred west or jimmy savile or harold shipman running fur the democrats likesay eh

what then eh?

eh?

Aren't they all dead?  :whistling: 

doddsyJR9
10 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I'll say again that I think Biden winning remains the more likely scenario. The fact that Trump actually has a reasonable chance of winning is terrifying, certainly, but IMO there's still also a reasonable chance that he gets utterly pantsed (as he should in any sane world).

I know you think you're being cute, but for one thing, Gary Glitter isn't running against him, so this is nonsense outright. It is in no way unreasonable to not want the far and away worst President in the history of the United States back in office. To be quite honest, for all Glitter's offenses (it would make two sexual predators on the ballot, after all), he has no history of trying to overthrow a legitimate democratic election, inciting lethal violence against his foes, or making any promises to purge the federal workforce or throw my neighbors out of the country. So you know what, **** yes, I'd vote for Gary Glitter before Donald Trump. And I'd probably vote for just about anyone else before voting for either of them, but that's how bad Trump is.

And if we're doing it this way, yeah, the fact that you think this is some kind of surprising or unreasonable take says plenty about you, none of it good.

Genuine question - How was he far and away the worst ever President? I liked his 'Make America Great Again'. I appreciate it led his haters into a frenzy. You know, the left, the Alistair Campbell's, Justin Trudeaus or whatever his name is etc etc. i want reasoning and I want it now, instead of leftist hatred.

Watt-Zeefuik
12 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I don't mind what kind of picture you paint.  I just have a preference for artists who base their sketches on the landscape itself rather than what they would like the landscape to look like. :laugh:  

Yeah, I just wish you'd actually look at the painting before deciding it's not related to the landscape.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Genuine question - How was he far and away the worst ever President? I liked his 'Make America Great Again'. I appreciate it led his haters into a frenzy. You know, the left, the Alistair Campbell's, Justin Trudeaus or whatever his name is etc etc. i want reasoning and I want it now, instead of leftist hatred.

You want reasoning and you want it now. What am I, your dancing monkey, Mr. 296 posts, half of them in the Shed?

You like that he winds up his enemies. That and his slogan are literally the only things you can name about him. Well, welcome to the modern Republican party, where solving problems is completely unimportant as long as you "pwn the libs."

If you'd bother to read the post I'd written, I've already named several of his offenses. How many do you want, and what do I get for starting to the gaping hole in your awareness of the world? Here's a couple of freebies, hollwoing out US military support for Ukraine thereby opening the door for Putin's invasion, collaborating with the Federalist Society to corrupt the judiciary, leading to the overturn of Roe v. Wade, and totally bolloxing that tax code so that I mysteriously pay more in taxes despite his "cuts" while the deficit balloons. Throw on the horribly botched response to coronavirus that killed hundreds of thousands that could have been saved with a moderately competent response and we'll go from there.

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's very hard to read anything into a special election in one district, especially where the turnout seems to have been very low.  It's also difficult to make comparisons over time as well, particularly where boundaries have been redrawn.  But I'd still sound a cautionary note from a Democrat perspective.  Suozzi won with 53.8% of the vote.  In 2016, when Trump was getting close enough in the popular vote nationally to tip the Electoral College in his favour, Suozzi won the seat with 52.9% of the vote.  So while he regained the seat with a hefty swing, his vote share was less than 1 percentage point higher than in 2016.  If that kind of scoring were repeated nationally in November, you'd probably just about see a Trump defeat, but it would be a tighter race than 2020.  Bear in mind as well that the Republican candidate seems to have run a strange race, and that Santos' antics may have depressed the Republican vote in the district to Pilip's disadvantage.  I'm not saying that happened, because I've no way of knowing, but there's enough reason for caution, IMO.

doddsyJR9
11 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

You want reasoning and you want it now. What am I, your dancing monkey, Mr. 296 posts, half of them in the Shed?

You like that he winds up his enemies. That and his slogan are literally the only things you can name about him. Well, welcome to the modern Republican party, where solving problems is completely unimportant as long as you "pwn the libs."

If you'd bother to read the post I'd written, I've already named several of his offenses. How many do you want, and what do I get for starting to the gaping hole in your awareness of the world? Here's a couple of freebies, hollwoing out US military support for Ukraine thereby opening the door for Putin's invasion, collaborating with the Federalist Society to corrupt the judiciary, leading to the overturn of Roe v. Wade, and totally bolloxing that tax code so that I mysteriously pay more in taxes despite his "cuts" while the deficit balloons. Throw on the horribly botched response to coronavirus that killed hundreds of thousands that could have been saved with a moderately competent response and we'll go from there.

As I said, Donald wants to 'Make America Great Again', and the haters hate. 

9 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Yeah, I just wish you'd actually look at the painting before deciding it's not related to the landscape.

As I recall, you went on a bit about something that was unrelated to the point I was making, in response to someone else's comment.  When I told you that you got a bit overwrought.

And now you're grumbling away again.  I can't recall exactly when it was, but it was a few days ago, and you still seem bothered over it.  You should probably let it go, IMO, as it's hardly worth getting wound up about again.  Keep it on topic, eh?

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Ulysses said:

As I recall, you went on a bit about something that was unrelated to the point I was making, in response to someone else's comment.  When I told you that you got a bit overwrought.

And now you're grumbling away again.  I can't recall exactly when it was, but it was a few days ago, and you still seem bothered over it.  You should probably let it go, IMO, as it's hardly worth getting wound up about again.  Keep it on topic, eh?

Mate, I made a throwaway comment as a joke in response to Maple Leaf. Did that really bother you that much?

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, doddsyJR9 said:

As I said, Donald wants to 'Make America Great Again', and the haters hate. 

Aye, and it said "work makes freedom" over Auschwitz, what's so bad about that?

doddsyJR9
Just now, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Aye, and it said "work makes freedom" over Auschwitz, what's so bad about that?

Snp voter aye. Hates 'Make America Great Again', thought so.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, doddsyJR9 said:

Snp voter aye. Hates 'Make America Great Again', thought so.

:rofl:

doddsyJR9

Gotcha. Anti British Anti America Anti Trump - Pro Snp, Pro Left, Pro EU Gotcha. Keep twirling yer beads, sorry pearls.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, doddsyJR9 said:

Gotcha. Anti British Anti America Anti Trump - Pro Snp, Pro Left, Pro EU Gotcha. Keep twirling yer beads, sorry pearls.

My dear ass, in order to be an SNP voter, I would have to be a UK citizen. I would call you a troll but you're so bad at it that it feels like kicking a smurf. It might be momentarily satisfying but it's so easy it just feels gratuitous.

doddsyJR9
Just now, Watt-Zeefuik said:

My dear ass, in order to be an SNP voter, I would have to be a UK citizen. I would call you a troll but you're so bad at it that it feels like kicking a smurf. It might be momentarily satisfying but it's so easy it just feels gratuitous.

Pull the other one. Its got bells on it. Yeah.

9 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Mate, I made a throwaway comment as a joke in response to Maple Leaf. Did that really bother you that much?

:rofl: 

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, doddsyJR9 said:

It looks like there is no chance of a sensible discussion from you.

The person running against Trump will be a Democrat.  Probably Biden, possibly someone else.  Whoever it is will be a much better President than Trump.

Are you aware that a jury declared that Trump had raped a woman?  Are you aware that Trump has admitted to sexually assaulting numerous women?  Are you aware that Trump has given Putin the OK to attack any NATO country that doesn't spend 2% of its GDP on military spending, including the UK?  The "MAGA" stuff is merely populist hyperbole that no-one should take seriously. Are you aware that he had four years to do it and failed?

If you're inclined to respond with another inane Gary Glitter comment, please reread my first sentence.

5 hours ago, doddsyJR9 said:

No I can't 'figure it out'. I liked Trump's 'Make America Great Again'. Why is that so hated by haters? While clutching their 'pearls'?

Seriously? Well if you insist on being this absurd either wittingly or unwittingly allow me to retort. If you're actually impressed by this total imbecile who gave you a 4 word slogan which is meaningless and is all you can say about him, then you just demonstrated your intellectual depth, or lack of it.

Incidentally do you know why they make these short slogans? They try to make something short enough that a parrot could learn and repeat it, or a bird brain.

Then you become if anything even dumber by parroting this haters utter shite as if he's hated because he said these 4 words and nothing else, what planet are you on? You're really that dim? You don't know anything about this orange idiot beyond that slogan? He's hated because of 4 words? The stupidity is infantile.

Tell you what, just to fill you in, I will copy/paste a post I made earlier in this thread which goes over just some of the deficiencies of agent orange, an orange imbecile. Help you to define what so impresses you about an obvious idiot.

And maybe I got you all wrong, maybe you are capable of thinking and speaking a shade deeper than a slogan a parrot could repeat. Maybe you can dissect this critique of Trump while giving us a dazzling display of sheer eloquence and superior knowledge. Incidentally your standard short sentence or two wont do that.

You see the post i'm about to paste is well over 4 words long, in fact I just put it into a word counter and it came out at 801 words, 200 times longer than that slogan you're so entranced by.

Reading level 16 to 17 years of age, reading time 2 minutes 55 seconds. Speaking time 4 minutes 27 seconds if you're one of those people who have to speak to read, sound their words like.

Here it is. It's a comparison of Trump and the presumed Democrat candidate Biden, not Gary Glitter who incidentally would be ineligible to run even if he weren't a jailed paedophile. 

Anyone trying to draw any equivalence between Biden and agent orange on any level aside from age is immediately suspect as someone of a Trump/Carlson kind. Someone blatantly trying to operate outside any norms of good faith non bias debate by for just one thing ignoring obvious realities. Or even saying an obvious reality doesn't exist, while spouting blatantly obvious lies.

They often come up with some trivial shite that means little to nothing in the big picture, to stop you talking about the obvious big picture.

While both Trump and Carlson blatantly lie through their teeth every time they speak,  profusely lie. Lies so blatantly obvious anyone of average intelligence and looking outside a narrative bubble cannot fail to see it. Alternative facts.

And they can bizarrely draw an equivalence between Biden with this lie machine? That's beyond FUBAR. Behaviour that would be a death sentence in terms of credibility just 10 years ago in both politics and civil society. And that's only one angle of it, this truly bizarre ocean of lies.

What's the major problem with Biden? He's a doddery old guy? Rather than an obviously vile misogynistic sociopathic narcissistic thin skinned serial rapist with obvious and serious lack of intellect. 

Something as unintelligent and uniformed as Trump is fine if he's just cycling through bankruptcy's and scamming idiots while losing money all over the place.

A failed wannabe business mogul who was always a cartoon character to the real estate industry in New York, a laughing stock and he knew it. Who got a gig on TV pretending to be a real successful business mogul. And that show gave him the most money he ever made, a winning scam. He should have stuck to it, it was making him rich.

And we're just getting started on his inadequacies, we haven't reached pussy grabbing serial rapist yet. A weirdo who pretty much said he would like to shag his own daughter if she weren't his daughter, while following his defamation of E. Jean Carroll trail the judge stated that by the definition of the law he raped her. I think he put a finger into her which amounts to penetration which amounts to rape.

Think of how violent and frightening that must have been for this woman who was trying to resist, he 'grabbed her by the pussy'

While during that trial other women were introduced who also described being raped by him. This is a pervert anybody of average intelligence could equate with Biden? In good faith?

An unstable individual who lashes out on a whim, a toddler like mentality known for throwing plates of food at walls. An individual facing 4 criminal trails and a total of 91 felony charges of which he is obviously guilty of.

Someone who tried to execute a coup which depended on Mike Pence breaking the law to take part in it, when he didn't then the last throw of the dice was physically prevent the transfer of power. He wanted to go to the barricades himself that day because he wanted to make sure that crowd would become as violent as possible.

Which he knew they would if he were there still ranting about Pence being a traitor and a rigged election. He was going to create a gap in those barriers himself, lead the mob through with secrets service creating a path. The secret service prevented him going there because they knew this could end in shooting for just one thing.

Insurrectionist and something that's saying outright he will be an authoritarian dictator, who has stated he will close down any media news that calls his lies what they are, like Putin does in Russia.

And that can be done believe it or not, by taking control of various government agencies by filling them with trumpets and that's just scraping the surface of it.

All that and so much more. if this low IQ mentally unstable toddler were re-elected the strategic global situation would make a greater shift than it did following WW2,  it would happen overnight, and it would most definitely be disastrous for Britain, Europe, and the wider world.

On the other hand if Biden were re-elected, doddery or not, in these times of international conflict in Europe and the middle east we can be confident rationality through consultation and discussion will be the governing policy. Not the erratic and irrational impulses of a self obsessed self centered idiot who is obviously an unfit human being far less a leader of anything at all.

Anything not seeing all of that is either completely ignorant, like Trump himself, or if seeing it and doesn't care, is a Batman joker like character, just wants to see the world burn down. The joker was insane and so are they.

Generic Username

"I appreciate it led his haters into a frenzy" 

The evidence here, from some top tier posting in the dead of night about *checks notes* Gary Glitter, that if Trump led haters into a frenzy, he's led his supporters to a serious brain injury. 

This is one of the reasons I like Seth Meyers, he shows me elements I hadn't picked up on anywhere else. Like this clip I have set to begin just before it goes into a section about that woman who lost the election last night, and when questioned afterwards was full blown MAGA, witch hunt crazy level and you will see her doing it.

Embarrassing cringeworthy level of obsequiousness which becomes more interesting when it moves on to Trumps response to her loss on his troof soshul.

Jeffros Furios

The Taylor Green witch along with the other rabble of MAGA clowns need lined up against  wall

and shot .. horrible thick inbred ***** !! 

17 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

A 16 point swing and that can't be entirely down to Santos. I'm not suggesting we would see that across the board but I would suggest we will see a lot of it in many places.

And that's before the optics around Trump become even worse. I think a large number of republican voters have come to the end of their tether with not just Trump but the whole MAGA mental shit show. You mentioned earlier about how this congress was a farce.

The current decrepitude of the entire body politic plus the poisonous effect it has on the entire society. The Republicans aren't even trying to govern, they're simply intentionally creating chaos at the behest of a total maniac. How insane can it get?

This is a society having a mental breakdown when something like the aberration Trump is can even be suggested as a fit person to put in the Whitehouse. And something like Jewish space lasers MJT gets elected to anything but head girl in the asylum.

It's a mental breakdown deadly enemies of the nation are salivating on and encouraging, we have Carlson in Russia fawning over the dictator while allowing him to freely reinvent history.

Quentin Tarantino Inglorious Basterds style alternative history. In Putin's version Poland started WW2, Hitler was forced to attack them because they're bad.

Do you as a born American think this insanity they all know will just get worse if Trump were elected, shit he broadcasts how insane it will be, Do you think this country would actually elect that? I don't. But your experience is far greater than mine.

I think it's valid at this time to call this country dystopian, they know what the cure is for this mental breakdown/dystopia.

You probably know Trump did his usual thing on Monday, waited till the very last minute to file an appeal with the SC within a week, last minute literally. I think it was 1 minute before the 5pm deadline.

The SC gave Jack Smith a week to file a response to Trumps appeal, he didn't wait till the very last minute, he filed his response the very next day. I bet he pretty much had it pre-prepared because Trump is so predictable.

Think the response was 39 pages in which Smith actually said this is nothing but an attempt to delay the trial, with nothing, it has zero merit and should be immediately dismissed. Went into great detail through his 39 pages detailing how meritless this appeal is, and being brutal regarding Trump simply trying to escape justice. 

His filing also pretty much stated that they should be quick about this, since there is nothing there to decide. The pundits such as Glenn Kirschner are saying Trump could be in court facing Jack Smith by late March to early April.

A place where only facts will have any value, Trump/MAGA fantasy nonsense will have zero value. These trials are going to produce another level of bad optics around Trump and MAGA, it's going to be incredibly damning shit and a lot of surprises for everybody

i say again to the naysayers, he's going down. 😉

Why Trump could lose to Jack Smith and face prison risk: Katyal on SCOTUS news

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The Taylor Green witch along with the other rabble of MAGA clowns need lined up against  wall

and shot .. horrible thick inbred ***** !! 

Calling Dave out for the chinless wonder he actually is?

Many lols. 

Trump's lawyers: "This court case is election interference because our client is on the election trail"

Judge: "Shut the feck up you dicks, dismissal denied, this trial is moving forwards, jury selection will be in march."

Pans Jambo
29 minutes ago, Cade said:

Trump's lawyers: "This court case is election interference because our client is on the election trail"

Judge: "Shut the feck up you dicks, dismissal denied, this trial is moving forwards, jury selection will be in march."

I like that judge :thumbs_up: