U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Why is Tommy Robinson banned from Twitter and not Trump? The only thing Robinson critiques is Islam. Trump.. 

• Replies 32.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

J.T.F.Robertson

He's at Arlington for Memorial Day, currently swaying away in his chair as the choir sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Now giving another of his "direct from the heart" speeches, courtesy of the prompter.

Has there ever been a more sincere POTUS?

In my worked up indignation, forgot the "U". :(

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Maple Leaf
9 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

He's at Arlington for Memorial Day, currently swaying away in his chair as the choir sing the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Now giving another of his "direct from the heart" speeches, courtesy of the prompter.

Has there ever been a more sincere POTUS?

In my worked up indignation, forgot the "U". :(

There's something bizarre in a draft-dodger giving a speech honouring America's veterans.  

shaun.lawson
9 hours ago, redjambo said:

Out of interest, why is that you are equating the USA with "we"?

Because "we" are the West. "These people hate us because they hate our freedoms! They hate what we stand for!"

Well - what "we stand for" is hatred of immigrants, hatred of refugees, locking them up and sending them back to God knows what, while we plunder their resources, consume their drugs and bomb their countries.  

We have no idea what we are. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Because "we" are the West. "These people hate us because they hate our freedoms! They hate what we stand for!"

Well - what "we stand for" is hatred of immigrants, hatred of refugees, locking them up and sending them back to God knows what, while we plunder their resources, consume their drugs and bomb their countries.  

The West isn't just one country, you can't just lump them all together. Those countries don't all have the same values and practical approaches. Similarly, you can't lump together all the people who live in Western countries as one "we". That's a remarkably naïve approach for you, Shaun. It doesn't become you. If you want to criticise US immigrant detention centres then blame the US government, don't imply that Finland, for example, has to share the guilt for them. That would be far too simplistic an approach.

shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The West isn't just one country, you can't just lump them all together. Those countries don't all have the same values and practical approaches. Similarly, you can't lump together all the people who live in Western countries as one "we". That's a remarkably naïve approach for you, Shaun. It doesn't become you. If you want to criticise US immigrant detention centres then blame the US government, don't imply that Finland, for example, has to share the guilt for them. That would be far too simplistic an approach.

What pressure are any other members of the West putting on the US? You know - like we've often done if non-Western countries were flagrantly violating human rights? None whatsoever. 

And incidentally:

http://www.migranttales.net/finlands-immigration-policy-is-a-failure-and-inhumane/

I watched the Arlington speech today. I have never seen such hypocrisy,  he honoured Bob Dole, rightly so, and an old navy veteran, but called John McCain a coward in the past. Lets consider for a moment, we have a man who in time of war joins the navy and becomes a pilot, he flies in combat into an area protected by enemy fighters and artillery, his plane is critically damaged and he takes what the President considers the easy way out by parachuting into the same enemy territory, and spends years being tortured and punished.

Meanwhile back in New York New York, a young man as a result probably of parental influence because of riches, gets deferments for education and bone spurs, and fails by deceit to serve his country. Of the two men mentioned which one would most consider a coward.  I had sergeants whom if I told them I had bone spurs would have told me well you're not in the f.....g cavalry get rid of them, get on your boots and march smartly out of here.

He advised the families again rightly so that their lost relative was looking down from heaven, and took the lords name on a number of occasions. I wonder How God felt being used by an individual who has broken and still does every commandment in the Lord's book.

He never mentioned the millions of young men who are looking down from heaven, who never had the opportunity to have a family to look at. I remember my own ccomrade who died by enemy hands in May 1954, he was twenty one or twenty two, he had been in Egypt for more than two years. When he said goodbye to his family they never saw him again, he never was married, never had kids, never  had a good job and a life to look back on.What and whom does he look at and rejoice when he looks down from heaven, absolutely nothing.

There is something wrong when a man can stand and commiserate with those left, and praise those gone, when not only did he not serve but used the system to avoid it, I may be wrong but did he mention at all the Vietnam war, I did not hear it.

It is difficult for me to have any lower an opinion of this man than I already have, but to his credit he does have the ability to provide me more material.

Just now, shaun.lawson said:

What pressure are any other members of the West putting on the US? You know - like we've often done if non-Western countries were flagrantly violating human rights? None whatsoever. 

And incidentally:

http://www.migranttales.net/finlands-immigration-policy-is-a-failure-and-inhumane/

So, anything that happens in any Western country becomes "we"?

I spent quite a while helping out Syrian and Afghan immigrants in Greece. I was astounded by their stories and by the help they received from folk around Europe. There is no "we". The modern mass influx of immigrants has been difficult to handle for societies and there have been many stories of failure, but there are also have been many success stories. That is the more complex, and more realistic picture. Please don't paint everything as black and white.

shaun.lawson
Just now, redjambo said:

I spent quite a while helping out Syrian and Afghan immigrants in Greece. I was astounded by their stories and by the help they received from folk around Europe. There is no "we". The modern mass influx of immigrants has been difficult to handle for societies and there have been many stories of failure, but there are also have been many success stories. That is the more complex, and more realistic picture. Please don't paint everything as black and white.

If you disagree with the idea of "we" (and fair enough on that), maybe we shouldn't all go around loudly trumpeting our 'values' as often as we always have. 

In terms of immigration: it really shouldn't be difficult for people to view other people as people just like them. But far, far, far too many of us don't. Far, far, far too many people see immigrants, refugees or asylum seekers as less than them. For almost entirely racist reasons. 

And yes, there's many good people doing absolutely amazing things. There is also a collective failure of governance and decency across the EU and US. Greece has taken in, what, a million refugees? The response from our governments isn't to seriously help them at all. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

There's something bizarre in a draft-dodger giving a speech honouring America's veterans.  

What is even more bizarre is the level of support this coward receives from US Veterans.

Whilst many of them were knee deep in some sticking insect & disease ridden swamp, never knowing when the next VC or NVA ambush would occur, Trump was enjoying his draft-dodging life of luxury, privilege & safety, this simple fact seems to have escaped many US Veterans, because many of them still whoop and howler at his rallies, like he's 'one of them'.

17 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

For a moment, I'd be supportive of the Nobel Committee giving only the leaders of the two Koreas the Nobel Peace Prize, just to troll the shit out of Trump. Until I remember what a grotesque insult that would be to the poor, suffering people of North Korea, who live under the worst regime on planet Earth. The danger in bringing Kim Jong-Un in from the cold is it all but says we're OK with said regime.

That said: you mention, quite rightly, that he has concentration camps - in which people are experimented on with chemicals, and from which if one person tries to escape, their whole family are executed. Well, the US has concentration camps too. They're called Immigration Holding Centres. And as well as losing track of almost 1500 children, some of whom have fallen prey to human traffickers, those responsible have been allowed to shred all documentation referring to the sexual abuse of many in those centres. In those concentration camps. 

Yes, we are better than North Korea. How could anyone be worse? But we're not the good guys any longer. Not when we treat human beings like animals; not when we come up with increasingly insulting linguistic euphemisms to cover up what we do to these poor people, and their poor children. We're terrible, we're disgusting; NK is infinitely worse than that. 

Patriotism is groovy!

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Why is Tommy Robinson banned from Twitter and not Trump? The only thing Robinson critiques is Islam. Trump.. 

Why'd ye cair?

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

All fair points tbh.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Immigration we caused with our luxurious on the nose bombs that chap terrorists doors accurate. Not!

People swimming the med for £60 a week social money, aye right. I'm pretty sure they'd rather stay in their own house if we could just give it a by for a couple of decades.

niblick1874

First Kanye West speeks out and the black American aproovle rate for Trump gose from 10% to 20% and now Louis Ferrakhan comes out with this.

Did you here that Obama was pleading with Jay Z  to tell all the rappers not to do what Kanye West did. He did, I kid you not, they are desperate.

The deep state scum thought that all they had to do was stonewall and redact everything that has and will be demanded from them which would show them up for what they are. They saw it as a race. All  they thought they had to do was get to the midterms and when they win that they would be able to rid themselves of Trump. 

The problem for them is, they are not going to win the midterms. The American people that were not paying attention are now having a look and are seeing the blatent corruption and criminality. Everyone has been taken aback because it is now neck and neck (the midterm predictions). Not I. They are now having to deal with the fact that people will not go back to not knowing the truth when they figure it out and those that are figuring it out are multiplying in very meaningful numbers, day by day. Remember, Trump won the election, he did not steal it with a hand full of votes. They know the bell is tolling for them and now is the time they are going to go all in. Wait for them telling everyone that Alex Jones Roger Stone and Donald Trump have carried out a coup along with the Russians while shutting down everyone that tells the truth about the deep state. The deep state still have controle over everything other than the American people so it is not going to be pretty.

23 minutes ago, Barack said:

Guess who's back, back again...

Nibbles is actually The Real Slim Shady?

On another point. The great Donald spent Memorial Day on twitter telling lies.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

As Pm's go...I've had better...

As recipients go....  I've had more willing...   ;):laugh:

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, redjambo said:

This is a good post too.

18 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

PM on its way.  :booze:

I'm feeling a wee bit left out. Can I get one too?

45 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

Why do I suddenly have the urge to say "the pills, the pills don't forget your pills".

:rofl:

My cider helps.

SpruceBringsteen

By the way, I can't get the image of Barry O on the blower to the hip hop union general secretary Jay Z to "tell all the rappers not to do what Kanye did" out of my head.

"AND AFTER YOU'VE TOLD RUN THE JEWELS, DON'T BLOODY FORGET THAT TYLER THE CREATOR"

Meanwhile, the union treasurer - Ludacris - is sticking stamps on letters for the annual conference.

"HO JAY - IS DRAKE TO GET ONE OF THESE? HE'S A BIT MORE R&B THAN RAP NOW MATE"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

shaun.lawson
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

PM on its way. 

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

PM on its way.  :booze:

42 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

PM on its way.  :nuts:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

THE BELL IS TOLLING FOR THE DEEP STATE SCUM

THE BELLS, THE BELLS 

Maple Leaf
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl:

My cider helps.

I've found that having a Dicken's Cider is good for calming things down.

16 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've found that having a Dicken's Cider is good for calming things down.

I'll need to seek it out.

Maple Leaf

Trump has just tweeted that he wishes he'd picked someone else to be Attorney General.

Finally, Trump and I agree on something.  I wish he'd picked someone else as well.

Sessions is the weasel who, during his Senate confirmation hearings, replied to questions with "I don't recall" or "I don't remember" over 100 times.

peter_hmfc

Kim Khardashian arrived at the White House to discuss prison reform with President Trump.

every-day-we-stray-further-from-god-1972

9 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Trump has just tweeted that he wishes he'd picked someone else to be Attorney General.

Finally, Trump and I agree on something.  I wish he'd picked someone else as well.

Sessions is the weasel who, during his Senate confirmation hearings, replied to questions with "I don't recall" or "I don't remember" over 100 times.

Why didn't they select Michelle to run against Donald. She would've wiped the flair with him.

Maple Leaf
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why didn't they select Michelle to run against Donald. She would've wiped the flair with him.

I think the Dems could do worse by running her against Trump in 2020, but it won't happen.  She'd be a stronger candidate than anyone else I can think of in the Democratic party.

But the Obamas have probably had enough of Washington politics to last a lifetime.

Seymour M Hersh
15 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I think the Dems could do worse by running her against Trump in 2020, but it won't happen.  She'd be a stronger candidate than anyone else I can think of in the Democratic party.

But the Obamas have probably had enough of Washington politics to last a lifetime.

Aye right! If there's still un checked items on their bucket lists then they'll be back asap. Pretty much all they used it for when he was in the position! 

Maple Leaf
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Aye right! If there's still un checked items on their bucket lists then they'll be back asap. Pretty much all they used it for when he was in the position! 

Maybe they don't have a bucket list.  But I'd bet money saying that Michelle will not run for Prez in 2020.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Maybe they don't have a bucket list.  But I'd bet money saying that Michelle will not run for Prez in 2020.

I think they do however even if she did run she would be beaten for the Presidency.

Maple Leaf
5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I think they do however even if she did run she would be beaten for the Presidency.

Probably.  But neither Joe Biden nor Elizabeth Warren will generate much excitement either, and they seem to be the front-runners for the Dems at the moment..  

My guess is that Trump will be a two-term President.

41 minutes ago, Barack said:

I long, for the sweet release of death...

It's definitely all over for the country of my birth.

I need to figure out how to apply for asylum or something here, stat.

I am not sure Mrs Obama will ever run for President,  I am still not sure Trump will be around for 2020. He has just pardoned an individual who was convicted of offences under the Federal Election campaign laws. He has just placed tariffs on Canada and Mexico and the European Union. So he is now in potential trade wars with China, EU, possibly Canada and Mexico. All to placate his base.  His lawyer Giulianii a man who had a certain respect from his 9/11 actions appeared on tv last night with Hannity and portrayed himself as a silly old man who has lost it, told lies, and slavered a bunch of crap.  Trump gave a speech I watched in Tenessee the other night, he shouts and acts forceful, but he repeated himself, again lied through his teeth, he made statements like MS 13 are in Long Island we have deported thousands but there are still thousands more coming in.  Now I am not the sharpest tool in the box, but is it not possible if this is true, which it is not, that you are putting them out one door and they are just coming back in a different door.

There is something to be produced by Mueller, and Trump knows it he is taking ac tions now to try and divert it, but he is surrounded by people lacking in any ethics, and by his own assessments incompetent, it can only last so long.  Beware the Stormy Daniels lawyer, sometimes the threat you watch so carefully is not the real danger, its the one you think doesn,t matter.

Trade War is back on.

25% on steel and 10% on Aluminium from the EU, Canada and Mexico taking effect from midnight.

Man's a complete tool.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)