U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Wonder if Trumps recent talks with N.Korea will see him receive the Nobel peace prize?

After all Obama won that despite dropping bombs every single day .

You have to laugh.

• Replies 32.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Kudlow who referred to a place in hell for Trudeau admitted to hospital tonight with a heart attack, seems to be serious Trump tweeted the news while on his way to the meeting.

Edited by bobsharp

1 hour ago, bobsharp said:

So Kudlow who referred to a place in hell for Trudeau admitted to hospital tonight with a heart attack, seems to be serious Trump tweeted the news while on his way to the meeting.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44447715

"Our Great Larry Kudlow, who has been working so hard on trade and the economy, has just suffered a heart attack. He is now in Walter Reed Medical Center," President Trump wrote on Twitter.

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, Barack said:

Seems to have been a positive meeting and signings have taken place.

Let's see what North Korea's given up. The donkey work will have been done by State officials on both sides, but having those two in the same room, could have undone the behind the scenes negotiating.

So, credit must go to both. I think most rational people can agree on that point, despite their political & personal leanings.

They seemed to have bonded which isn’t surprising.

Two cheeks of the same arse.

45 minutes ago, Barack said:

Seems to have been a positive meeting and signings have taken place.

Let's see what North Korea's given up. The donkey work will have been done by State officials on both sides, but having those two in the same room, could have undone the behind the scenes negotiating.

So, credit must go to both. I think most rational people can agree on that point, despite their political & personal leanings.

AP_18163088150536-e1528773600704.jpg?qua

Edited by Sydney

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Sydney said:

AP_18163088150536-e1528773600704.jpg?qua

Trump saying “**** the G7 we’ve got each other.”

Edited by The Real Maroonblood
Spelling your

J.T.F.Robertson

Ego well and truly stroked, job done. :thumbsup: "It's an honour to sit here with Chairman Kim", meanwhile alienating just about all his true allies.

Orange-faced maggot. (copyright) ;)

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Ego well and truly stroked, job done. :thumbsup: "It's an honour to sit here with Chairman Kim", meanwhile alienating just about all his true allies.

Orange-faced maggot. (copyright) ;)

:laugh::laugh:

9 hours ago, jake said:

Wonder if Trumps recent talks with N.Korea will see him receive the Nobel peace prize?

After all Obama won that despite dropping bombs every single day .

You have to laugh.

You really do, especially after being reminded about it for the 17 billionth time by jake on Jambos Kickback :berra:

J.T.F.Robertson

He's enjoying this questioning, "shall we keep going, Sarah?" and, "I guess Justin wasn't aware we have about 20 televisions on Airforce One".

Self-aggrandizing, narcissistic, rambling weirdo. The clown actually believes he's God's gift.

Christ! "We have a tremendous deficit in trade, commonly known as a trade deficit". Quit while you're behind you buffoon.

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

You really do, especially after being reminded about it for the 17 billionth time by jake on Jambos Kickback :berra:

? touche Justin 

Seems Donald forgot to let South Korea know that he would be announcing that he would be stopping the joint military exercises.

Geoff the Mince
25 minutes ago, Barack said:

Trump Towers.

Coming to a North Korean Beachfront near you...soon.

:rofl:

The below quote is genuine:

20180612_110240.jpg

:laugh: or :cornette: i think the Donald should do standup at the Fringe .

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

I know you yanks like an exaggeration but really.............:laugh::cornette_dog:

3 hours ago, jake said:

? touche Justin 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I know you yanks like an exaggeration but really.............:laugh::cornette_dog:

:qqb006: Okay, okay, like four million. But still, point made, AMIRITE?

Words I never thought I would see or hear about Kim, honourable, honour, loves his people. Are you kidding me, the man is a despot, murders his own people, even close relatives, and even worse sent an American student home to die after mistreatrment in one of his prisons.

Trump cancels military exercises because they are too expensive, the expense he quotes is flying bombers from Guam to Korea, six and a half hours there and back, he states that is expensive, I know  about aeroplanes. You have asked and are getting seven hundred billion dollars for the military budget,  spend some of it on those bombers training missions, in fact use your barbers expenses for your phoney hair cover up and that should cover all the expenses for the military.

He is getting the remains of Americans  who died in the Korean war returned, the man who was instrumental in the return of remains previously points out that cash strapped North Korea charges approximately one million dollars for each set of remains returned. The return of the remains will give the families closure. These poor souls who died did  over sixty years ago, the men would be my age or just a little older than i, I look at my body and it is no picture, sixty year old remains just don't seem to do it for me, let the poor souls lie in peace where they are, and in fact there are not many around who knew and loved them so closure is really not an issue.

Denuclearisation, Kim says yes, Trump says good but it will take at least fifteen years to achieve, now I become a conspiracy theorist, do you think he may at some time  say he is doing so well, but all his achievements employment, tax cuts, world peace need him to see them through and he  will need more that two four year terms to get them totally finished.

I am old, distrustful, only have the past to ponder on, but this man for me rates with the worst, most deceitful, and yes in some ways most stupid, dishones self aggrandising s I can remember. It gives me some contentment that the past is the preponderance of my life,  I just have no true confidence in the future with such leadership.

Trump to be interviewed by Hannity tonight on Fox. This should be good, Trump confident with his friend and admirer is bound to go off script and say something controversial.

Watched the interview with Trump and Hannity, pretty much what I expected, a love in. Now it seems Hannity sees Trump as a second Reagan,  to each his own.

He congragulates Trump on what he achieved, Trump admits he is tired says he has been without sleep for twenty five hours, aye right. He then goes on about reunification of the remains of U.S. soldiers who died in North Korea. He claims he gets many letters from mothers and fathers who would like to get the remains of their sons back.  I am eighty three years of age, joined the army at seventeen and a half, that was in nineteen fifty two. By the time I would have finished training and been transported to Korea the war would be pretty well over. So th men who were killed were older than I, even if their parents were sixteen years old when the child was born, they would be pretty close to a hundred years old now, how many letters could you be getting as President which you have only been for a year and a half. This is what I fear with Trump, to make a point he will lie, nothing he had planned, he will just say what he thinks will get points even if it makes absolutely no sense, just like the it was a nice very interesting leter only to follow up with I never read it haven't even opened it yet.

Two things I am not fond of, are the use of the word hate, I do sometimes in a weak moment use it, the second is liars, not the wee porky we probably all do some times, but the deliberate calculated misleading tale generally to make something of ones self they are not, this is bad in general, in the President of the United States it is dangerous.

Edited by bobsharp

marshallschunkychicken

Reports in America suggesting that Cohen’s legal team have dropped him, and that he is likely to flip on Trump imminently.

Along with Manafort’s court appearance on Friday, it could be quite an eventful end to the week.

23 minutes ago, marshallschunkychicken said:

Reports in America suggesting that Cohen’s legal team have dropped him, and that he is likely to flip on Trump imminently.

Along with Manafort’s court appearance on Friday, it could be quite an eventful end to the week.

the reports ive seen looks like cohen has dropped them

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/michael-cohen-trump-lawyer-flip-investigation-latest-new-york-attorneys-legal-team-a8397571.html

Captain Sausage
On 6/12/2018 at 19:04, Barack said:

Trump Towers.

Coming to a North Korean Beachfront near you...soon.

:rofl:

The below quote is genuine:

20180612_110240.jpg

To be fair, as ridiculous as his context is, I’ve been astounded by the beauty of South Korea. 

Cliffs and beaches that wouldn’t be out of place on the Amalfi Coast. And all completely empty. 

I’m no expert, but I believe the North is slightly more mountainous, but basically the same. 

maroonlegions

This Simpsons cartoon aired 15 years ago in 2002 the actual photo was taken last month...somebody explain this shit to me.

Image may contain: one or more people

:shocked666:

Crooked DJ Dump has been dipping his foundation. I won't settle this case says Dump. Yeah, just like Dump Uni. 

The corrupt prick has just been speaking to the press and has just come out with this cracker about his new best buddy Kim Jong

" He speaks and his people sit up in attention. I want my people to do the same"

Jesus wept.

shaun.lawson

This is a mural inside one of the US' detention centres for immigrant children:

Dfqa1tPUYAIcJI6.jpg

This is a policy applied to those children:

DfxlU2uVMAAB1bM.jpg

And this is today's NY Daily News front cover.

35463212_10155250502112583_7252937974566

MAGA. Monsters Are Governing America.

9 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

This is a mural inside one of the US' detention centres for immigrant children:

Dfqa1tPUYAIcJI6.jpg

This is a policy applied to those children:

DfxlU2uVMAAB1bM.jpg

And this is today's NY Daily News front cover.

35463212_10155250502112583_7252937974566

MAGA. Monsters Are Governing America.

There are no words to describe what is going on in the USA regarding these children.  

And Mike Pence, the Christian super-fan, continues to sing Trump's praises, while weasel Sessions quotes biblical phrases to justify their actions.

Where is the national outrage over this?  Are Americans asleep, or merely indifferent?

shaun.lawson
21 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

There are no words to describe what is going on in the USA regarding these children.  

And Mike Pence, the Christian super-fan, continues to sing Trump's praises, while weasel Sessions quotes biblical phrases to justify their actions.

Where is the national outrage over this?  Are Americans asleep, or merely indifferent?

You know that slogan about "the only thing necessary for evil to triumph" and all that? Fascism doesn't suddenly take over with some sort of bang. It happens drip by drip by drip. And what enables this is precisely the word you use: indifference.

Do most Americans pay attention to the news? No. What does any of it matter to them if they have more money in their pockets? So they just get on with their lives, don't care about the minutiae of what's going on... and worse, much of the media actually normalises it, by not giving it the coverage it warrants. 

Not the NY Daily News or Post - but even the NY Times and Washington Post are extraordinarily docile in reporting these horrors. And in repeating Trump's constant lies verbatim, but not challenging them, not highlighting that he's lying.

Down this road lies the Fourth Reich. And unlike its predecessor, the US has nukes, meaning it couldn't even be completely defeated in war. It has all the machinery in place to establish something entirely akin to Nazi Germany - and I'd argue that its President, governing party, a good number of its policies, its most popular TV 'news' network, its police force, its immigration authorities and its terrorist Nazi Rifle Association (its brownshirts?) look awfully bloody Nazi as it is.

The German Nazis didn't come up with the Final Solution until 1942. How long before the American Nazis start exterminating immigrants, Muslims, black people, journalists, and political opponents? 

Edited by shaun.lawson

Geoff Kilpatrick
41 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

You know that slogan about "the only thing necessary for evil to triumph" and all that? Fascism doesn't suddenly take over with some sort of bang. It happens drip by drip by drip. And what enables this is precisely the word you use: indifference.

Do most Americans pay attention to the news? No. What does any of it matter to them if they have more money in their pockets? So they just get on with their lives, don't care about the minutiae of what's going on... and worse, much of the media actually normalises it, by not giving it the coverage it warrants. 

Not the NY Daily News or Post - but even the NY Times and Washington Post are extraordinarily docile in reporting these horrors. And in repeating Trump's constant lies verbatim, but not challenging them, not highlighting that he's lying.

Down this road lies the Fourth Reich. And unlike its predecessor, the US has nukes, meaning it couldn't even be completely defeated in war. It has all the machinery in place to establish something entirely akin to Nazi Germany - and I'd argue that its President, governing party, a good number of its policies, its most popular TV 'news' network, its police force, its immigration authorities and its terrorist Nazi Rifle Association (its brownshirts?) look awfully bloody Nazi as it is.

The German Nazis didn't come up with the Final Solution until 1942. How long before the American Nazis start exterminating immigrants, Muslims, black people, journalists, and political opponents? 

:cornette:

Trump and co are arseholes but that's some effort. Especially given your historical connections to the Holocaust.

shaun.lawson
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Trump and co are arseholes but that's some effort. Especially given your historical connections to the Holocaust.

It's precisely my family history which makes the warning signals in my head get louder and louder the more this goes on.

Trump is now best pals with the leader of the most notorious regime on planet Earth. A man who uses chemicals on political prisoners. A man who executes members of his own family. A man who, if anyone commits any sort of crime, has both the individual and their whole family executed. A man whose entire country is a gigantic prison camp.

And Trump is now praising that man's 'strong leadership', how much his people 'love' him, and says he wishes Americans would sit up to attention like North Koreans. At what point are we going to stop laughing, stop pretending this somehow isn't happening, and realise that it is?

Geoff Kilpatrick
19 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

It's precisely my family history which makes the warning signals in my head get louder and louder the more this goes on.

Trump is now best pals with the leader of the most notorious regime on planet Earth. A man who uses chemicals on political prisoners. A man who executes members of his own family. A man who, if anyone commits any sort of crime, has both the individual and their whole family executed. A man whose entire country is a gigantic prison camp.

And Trump is now praising that man's 'strong leadership', how much his people 'love' him, and says he wishes Americans would sit up to attention like North Koreans. At what point are we going to stop laughing, stop pretending this somehow isn't happening, and realise that it is?

I will never stop laughing at Trump. I also don't care about his dalliances with the golfing superstar because the inevitable double cross will make him look even more stupid.

That said, he is far removed from the Nazis. He's a 19th century mercantilist.

He stood on the White House lawn yesterday and lied, lied lied.

He praised Kim,

He blamed the Democrats for the immigration policy of seperating childen and parents.

He lied about the period Maanafort was his campaign manager.

He again lied about the parents of dead soldiers contacting him. It is unlikely any are alive.

He when discussing his supporters referred to them as "my followers"  that is the type of terminology used by cult leaders, in my humble interpretation it describes mindless people who leave the dictator type leader to make unquestioned decisions affecting their lives.  Most would refer to the American people as supporters, electorate, the longer, people who voted for me.  Shaun is on the right track, a wee bit heavy yet, but Trumps admiration of Kim who when speaking all his people sit at attention, and he Trump would like that, has to tell you something about the man.  I have no doubt his ultimate ambition is a President for life position, and along with other despots ultimate power , and control even if it required life or death decisions for non believers.

He has fantastic assistance in the Honourable Rudy Giuliani, who described a potential candidate for the Presidency  as a moron and an idiot, a phrase that he eventually withdrew, with some form of apology, stating Joe Biden came in last in his final law exam, so this shows he is not smart. A very Dictator like decision is Rudy, the boss surrounds himself with idiots so he looks good.

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

The removal  of Jews from Germany and indeed Europe was part of Nazi policy from day 1 and of Hitler's philosophy since before National Socialism existed. This sort of nonsense (lies if Trump said it) is counterproductive in relation to any serious opposition to Trump.

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Whataboutery alert. Many if not most  US presidents have not just said positive  things about murderous dictators but have intervened to put them in power and to sustain them in power.

I am not prepared to label Trump a Nazi yet. I do feel that whether by accident or design he became an admirer of the Mussolini type speech making. I commented more than onceduring the campaign about his body language which was totally Mussoliniesque, the lip pursing to indicate determination, the half turn to the left the arms in a position indicating power,  the head slightly turned to the right, pursing, nodding, body language indicating tell me I am right, clap and cheer, look at me I am your leader,you are so lucky. In a previous post another person commented about his being surrounded by his family, the process of continuation of the power being reasonably assured, even to the first female President. The constant everyone is lying about me, they hate me, but I go on because I am brave.

The contradictions of his own words, merely stated for effect with no true  purpose aother than immediate impact. Rocket man, fire and fury, our brave best in the world military, McCain deserved no respect he allowed himself to be captured.  The first change, Kim a man of honor, loved by his people and can be trusted. Our brave and best in the world military, so much respect for them, he avoided serving with them. His Korean dead commiserations. Many of those dead who he hopes to repatriate their remains were prisoners of war,  when he describes the dead does he include the POW's because when referring to McCain he made it clear he had absolutely no respect for those who allowed themselves to be captured.

The man is a liar, he is not even a good one, the main thing about being a good liar is to have a good memory, he obviously does not have one, or worse he just does not give a shit about what he tells as he phrases them "my people."

I like how the clown declared Manafort worked for him only 49 days - reality 144 days. His lies are so blatant it is mind boggling. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, bobsharp said:

I am not prepared to label Trump a Nazi yet. I do feel that whether by accident or design he became an admirer of the Mussolini type speech making. I commented more than onceduring the campaign about his body language which was totally Mussoliniesque, the lip pursing to indicate determination, the half turn to the left the arms in a position indicating power,  the head slightly turned to the right, pursing, nodding, body language indicating tell me I am right, clap and cheer, look at me I am your leader,you are so lucky. In a previous post another person commented about his being surrounded by his family, the process of continuation of the power being reasonably assured, even to the first female President. The constant everyone is lying about me, they hate me, but I go on because I am brave.

The contradictions of his own words, merely stated for effect with no true  purpose aother than immediate impact. Rocket man, fire and fury, our brave best in the world military, McCain deserved no respect he allowed himself to be captured.  The first change, Kim a man of honor, loved by his people and can be trusted. Our brave and best in the world military, so much respect for them, he avoided serving with them. His Korean dead commiserations. Many of those dead who he hopes to repatriate their remains were prisoners of war,  when he describes the dead does he include the POW's because when referring to McCain he made it clear he had absolutely no respect for those who allowed themselves to be captured.

The man is a liar, he is not even a good one, the main thing about being a good liar is to have a good memory, he obviously does not have one, or worse he just does not give a shit about what he tells as he phrases them "my people."

Don't let him get to you too much, Bob, "there's a special place in Hell" for folk like him. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Don't let him get to you too much, Bob, "there's a special place in Hell" for folk like him. :thumbsup:

Actually Jim my life is so good, that the only thing I can use to get me a wee bit worked up is Trump, and only because he makes it so easy to be disgusted. Try harder Donald its nae challenge, nothing easier than criticising a liar.

Edited by bobsharp

shaun.lawson

35437349_10155250693422583_6419237483283

The cartoonist who designed this was fired by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, despite having worked for them for 25 years.

Land of the free, donchaknow? 

3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

35437349_10155250693422583_6419237483283

The cartoonist who designed this was fired by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, despite having worked for them for 25 years.

Land of the free, donchaknow? 

Here's the wording of the First Amendment of the US constitution, part of the Bill of Rights:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You'll notice that freedom of speech is a right.  You'll also notice that freedom of the press is a constitutional right as well, yet wee Donald refers to the media as the "enemy of the United States."   This is a man who openly admires dictators.  The Americans are sleepwalking their way to a restriction of their democracy.

But that's OK.  Their country is being run by a person from a reality TV show, who has no experience as an elected official, and is the owner of numerous failed business ventures.  What could possibly go wrong?

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Just ordered the formation of the US "Space Force"

He's been watching Moonraker again.

pypV1cQ.jpg

• Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)
  • Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)