U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Having spoken earlier of how easily manipulated Trump is I think Lettita James is now deliberately poking him, she figured him out and is tormenting him and that's good. Everybody should torment Trump, he will crack and completely melt down.

It's also shown in this video that after 9/11 and I mean rght after, smoke still coming form the debris after. All Trump wanted to talk about was 40 Wall St, his building, was now the tallest in NYC.

No mention of all those hundreds of friends he just in recent years claimed he lost that day. Nothing, not even thoughts and prayers, just I have the tallest building. 

Trump's cognitive decline continues in plain view

• Replies 32.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some discussion going on questioning where Trump is going to get half a billion dollars. What financial institution would pony up cash like that for someone like Trump, a known non payer and convicted fraudster who has even more civil action that could run into hundreds of millions coming his way.

He could put up some real estate as collateral, but then if/when he defaults they're stuck with a building they have to sell to get their money back, it might take years. And there's been talk of the risk that some foreign entity might bail him out making him even more beholden to say someone like Putin. Though it's hard to say how much more obsequious and subservient he could be to Putin than he has already been.

You would think that one might be difficult to pull off secretly, there's bound to be great scrutiny around how he comes up with this money if he does. It's also been speculated someone like Elon Musk might come up with it, at least he is a real billionaire. Half a billion is pocket change, he came up with 44 billion for twitter. I don't see Musk doing that, but you never know, Musk likes attention almost as much as Trump.

If he doesn't come up with it Letitia James will start grabbing his shit, which would be the greatest humiliation Trump has endured to this point in his crooked. Trump is shameless but humiliation is a weak point and she's been going out of her way to practically salivate over the opportunity to grab his shit. Naming buildings she's eyeing up.

Trump can't stand being brought to account by a powerful woman and a black woman makes it even worse. I hope that is how it plays out, she takes his shit. The whine would be epic and Trump would take another step nearer full mental breakdown. 

Trump is a fantasist who blocks out reality and he's putting everything into becoming president again and not just escaping accountability but actually carrying out all those crazy threats he has made. A man who has said Putin can do whatever the hell he likes in Russia with the added irony of putting that down to non bill payers. Trump of all people vilifying people he says aren't paying up. 

I think Trump will get crazier as the net tightens poking further into his fantasy bubble while with each passing day Trump and the GOP in general have a decreasing chance of winning an election. That from a starting point of having a slim chance.

Just like Trump everything they touch is turning to shit in an election year, Russian agents is just the latest farce. While Trump just put his daughter in law in charge of the GOP piggy bank and she stated every penny would go on re-electing Trump. Which actually means paying his ever increasing legal bills, every penny the Dems raise will go into their campaign.

Also reportedly the big Republican donors aren't backing Trump, he's almost entirely dependent on the 'small dollar donors' the numbers of which are gradually declining in the hundreds of thousands. The GOP are backing a known grifter and he's going to bleed them dry as he also praises unelectable crazies like the werewolf guy Herschel Walker.

They're doubling down on their anti abortion campaign despite it's massive unpopularity and are now extending it to IVF while they have a speaker who has just come out and said he will legislate according to the bible. They want to build a Taliban like Christian theocracy. 

I would love to see Trump debate Biden but it wont happen, because Trump is truly incapable. I would love it because it would demonstrate once and for all who is senile, Trump would fall apart without a script and not just because of obviously declining mental acuity.

Trump knows nothing about anything policy wise, even if the GOP had a manifesto which they don't he would know nothing about it.  What could he talk about? Might forget where we are and start talking about a wall or something, might think Biden is Obama. End up with an incoherent toilets don't work it's the windmills witch hunt babble.

Nikki Haley is hanging in there because she thinks the law could take Trump out of circulation, and she would run on pardoning him, she has already said she would pardon him. Despite now talking almost daily about how useless he is. And I don't see that being a winning platform, I think people will want Trump out of circulation, start putting an end to this non stop madness.

What do Trump and the GOP have to offer to anyone who isn't a MAGA cultist? Absolutely nothing but more of the shit they're all tired of and at a greater intensity than ever before. Even the GOP privately want him gone, and what rational person in any position of power or importance in this country would be unhappy for him to be taken out of the picture? I would bet even the Trump loaded supreme court would want him gone.

What good is a dictator to a court who themselves want to be the ultimate power? And what good is an impulsive idiot like Trump to billionaires who are enjoying the best post pandemic economic recovery of any major nation, blowing not just Germany and Japan but even China out of the water. They want someone like Putin who whacks oligarchs who displease him? Or maybe who don't pay their protection money.

It's suspected by many that Putin is the richest man in the world, the richest man in history, potentially a trillionaire. It's one of the reasons Trump so admires him, real super wealth. Putin has a finger in everybody's pie, and so would Trump given the chance. Someone known to have no loyalty to anybody, except maybe Putin.

I see no chance of Trump winning an election plus don't think it's impossible he might be incarcerated before an election, Nikki Haley's plan. But even if he were I would bet Trump if he could would still run from prison, providing that were possible which reportedly it is.

An irony in that being I think she would have more of a chance to win an election than he does. And if she did I bet she would follow up on her promise to pardon him.

But Trump wouldn't be president, and that's all he's thinking about to be permanently shielded from accountability for all of his crimes. So if he could I think he would still run even from a prison cell or whatever type of confinement they may place on him. Nothing will stop him if he can legally continue to run.

Trump is going to get even crazier and so are his demands of the GOP, he's going to bleed them dry and burn the house down around him.

The obese orange traitor now has 30 days to stump up almost half a billion dollars, after that the court will seize his assets.

:jjyay:

il Duce McTarkin
4 hours ago, Cade said:

The obese orange traitor now has 30 days to stump up almost half a billion dollars, after that the court will seize his assets.

:jjyay:

Civil war incoming.

8 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Some discussion going on questioning where Trump is going to get half a billion dollars. What financial institution would pony up cash like that for someone like Trump, a known non payer and convicted fraudster who has even more civil action that could run into hundreds of millions coming his way.

He could put up some real estate as collateral, but then if/when he defaults they're stuck with a building they have to sell to get their money back, it might take years. And there's been talk of the risk that some foreign entity might bail him out making him even more beholden to say someone like Putin. Though it's hard to say how much more obsequious and subservient he could be to Putin than he has already been.

You would think that one might be difficult to pull off secretly, there's bound to be great scrutiny around how he comes up with this money if he does. It's also been speculated someone like Elon Musk might come up with it, at least he is a real billionaire. Half a billion is pocket change, he came up with 44 billion for twitter. I don't see Musk doing that, but you never know, Musk likes attention almost as much as Trump.

If he doesn't come up with it Letitia James will start grabbing his shit, which would be the greatest humiliation Trump has endured to this point in his crooked. Trump is shameless but humiliation is a weak point and she's been going out of her way to practically salivate over the opportunity to grab his shit. Naming buildings she's eyeing up.

Trump can't stand being brought to account by a powerful woman and a black woman makes it even worse. I hope that is how it plays out, she takes his shit. The whine would be epic and Trump would take another step nearer full mental breakdown. 

Trump is a fantasist who blocks out reality and he's putting everything into becoming president again and not just escaping accountability but actually carrying out all those crazy threats he has made. A man who has said Putin can do whatever the hell he likes in Russia with the added irony of putting that down to non bill payers. Trump of all people vilifying people he says aren't paying up. 

I think Trump will get crazier as the net tightens poking further into his fantasy bubble while with each passing day Trump and the GOP in general have a decreasing chance of winning an election. That from a starting point of having a slim chance.

Just like Trump everything they touch is turning to shit in an election year, Russian agents is just the latest farce. While Trump just put his daughter in law in charge of the GOP piggy bank and she stated every penny would go on re-electing Trump. Which actually means paying his ever increasing legal bills, every penny the Dems raise will go into their campaign.

Also reportedly the big Republican donors aren't backing Trump, he's almost entirely dependent on the 'small dollar donors' the numbers of which are gradually declining in the hundreds of thousands. The GOP are backing a known grifter and he's going to bleed them dry as he also praises unelectable crazies like the werewolf guy Herschel Walker.

They're doubling down on their anti abortion campaign despite it's massive unpopularity and are now extending it to IVF while they have a speaker who has just come out and said he will legislate according to the bible. They want to build a Taliban like Christian theocracy. 

I would love to see Trump debate Biden but it wont happen, because Trump is truly incapable. I would love it because it would demonstrate once and for all who is senile, Trump would fall apart without a script and not just because of obviously declining mental acuity.

Trump knows nothing about anything policy wise, even if the GOP had a manifesto which they don't he would know nothing about it.  What could he talk about? Might forget where we are and start talking about a wall or something, might think Biden is Obama. End up with an incoherent toilets don't work it's the windmills witch hunt babble.

Nikki Haley is hanging in there because she thinks the law could take Trump out of circulation, and she would run on pardoning him, she has already said she would pardon him. Despite now talking almost daily about how useless he is. And I don't see that being a winning platform, I think people will want Trump out of circulation, start putting an end to this non stop madness.

What do Trump and the GOP have to offer to anyone who isn't a MAGA cultist? Absolutely nothing but more of the shit they're all tired of and at a greater intensity than ever before. Even the GOP privately want him gone, and what rational person in any position of power or importance in this country would be unhappy for him to be taken out of the picture? I would bet even the Trump loaded supreme court would want him gone.

What good is a dictator to a court who themselves want to be the ultimate power? And what good is an impulsive idiot like Trump to billionaires who are enjoying the best post pandemic economic recovery of any major nation, blowing not just Germany and Japan but even China out of the water. They want someone like Putin who whacks oligarchs who displease him? Or maybe who don't pay their protection money.

It's suspected by many that Putin is the richest man in the world, the richest man in history, potentially a trillionaire. It's one of the reasons Trump so admires him, real super wealth. Putin has a finger in everybody's pie, and so would Trump given the chance. Someone known to have no loyalty to anybody, except maybe Putin.

I see no chance of Trump winning an election plus don't think it's impossible he might be incarcerated before an election, Nikki Haley's plan. But even if he were I would bet Trump if he could would still run from prison, providing that were possible which reportedly it is.

An irony in that being I think she would have more of a chance to win an election than he does. And if she did I bet she would follow up on her promise to pardon him.

But Trump wouldn't be president, and that's all he's thinking about to be permanently shielded from accountability for all of his crimes. So if he could I think he would still run even from a prison cell or whatever type of confinement they may place on him. Nothing will stop him if he can legally continue to run.

Trump is going to get even crazier and so are his demands of the GOP, he's going to bleed them dry and burn the house down around him.

:cornette_dog:

34 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

IMG-20240128-WA0000.thumb.jpg.9d3dd8ef9c8bdb300150cb9233e3e757.jpg

Single-issue candidate I can totally get behind.

RedStarRiot
6 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Trump wins in South Carolina 🤦

Completely expected. 

Trump will win the election if he stands.*

* I’m in no way, shape or form a Trump supporter or watch Fox News. 

Dawnrazor
5 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Completely expected. 

* I’m in no way, shape or form a Trump supporter or watch Fox News. Just before the resident psycho pipes up with a wall of text crying it. 

I'm not really keeping up with the US election shenanigans but it was on Sky news, I can't believe people haven't seen through him.

36 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

Completely expected. 

* I’m in no way, shape or form a Trump supporter or watch Fox News. Just before the resident psycho pipes up with a wall of text crying it. 

I'm not a Trump supporter either, but he's out in front in the race. 

See if Trump wins the nomination and then loses the election, to quote the song "I predict a riot" .......this will not end well whatever the outcome IMO.

Edited by micole

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Trump wins in South Carolina 🤦

Voter fraud, surely. 😪

SwindonJambo

I absolutely despise Trump with every fibre of my being but he leads the opinion polls and is odds on favourite to be next President at the bookies. A huge threat to World peace if it happens, which hopefully it won't 🙏

Maple Leaf
5 hours ago, micole said:

See if Trump wins the nomination and then loses the election, to quote the song "I predict a riot" .......this will not end well whatever the outcome IMO.

If Trump  loses the election again, the Republicans will be ready.  The results will simply not be certified in Congress.  What happens after that is anyone's guess.  The chaos after the 2020 election will seems like a walk in the park in comparison.

Watt-Zeefuik
14 minutes ago, Cade said:

I see they're banning IVF now too.

I thought they were pro life?

:cornette:

They don't know WTF they are. Republican Senators are falling all over themselves to say they support IVF. Those same Republican Senators sponsored a bill to define life as beginning at conception, which would have banned IVF.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

If Trump  loses the election again, the Republicans will be ready.  The results will simply not be certified in Congress.  What happens after that is anyone's guess.  The chaos after the 2020 election will seems like a walk in the park in comparison.

If (when I hope) he loses, he will do everything to incite unrest up to and including civil war if needs be.

The only way out of this might be if he gets certified or dies soon.

There is probably some other ****wit waiting in the wings to pick up the torch though. 

Watt-Zeefuik
18 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I think it very much depends on how much he lost by. The margins in 2020 in swing states were close enough that they felt they had enough cover to try to edgelord their way to stay in power and Congressional GOPers went along with it for fear of angering the base. If it's resounding enough that we know by 1 or 2 AM EST who the electoral college winner is, the Congressional GOP is going to say good riddance to the ******* and start the powermongering of figuring out WTF the GOP is going to be in the wake of Trumpism.

One of many reasons it's important for him not just to lose, but lose badly.

Footballfirst

I've come across this tracker of Trump's claims and actions in speeches, interviews and social media, which gives the reader a good idea of what could happen should he be elected in November.

Warning: It's a long document (50 pages), although the table of contents on pages 3 and 4 gives an indication of the range of subjects covered.

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/autocratic-threat-tracker-2024-just-security.pdf

Edited by Footballfirst

Maple Leaf
58 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've come across this tracker of Trump's claims and actions in speeches, interviews and social media, which gives the reader a good idea of what could happen should he be elected in November.

Warning: It's a long document (50 pages), although the table of contents on pages 3 and 4 gives an indication of the range of subjects covered.

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/autocratic-threat-tracker-2024-just-security.pdf

Be a pal and gie's a summary.  :cheers:

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Be a pal and gie's a summary.  :cheers:

Probably best to read this thread

Watt-Zeefuik

TPM is having a field day, and given the quotes, it's totally justified.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/where-things-stand/republicans-increasingly-reveal-they-barely-know-where-babies-come-from

image.thumb.png.529d9258823b7d5af820e1e70a10b977.png

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, for example, was completely tripped up by a question from CNN’s Dana Bash, who simply asked: “Are you saying that families in Texas who are using IVF, have extra embryos that are frozen, do not need to worry?”

“Well so you raise fine questions that are complex, that I simply don’t know the answer to. Let me give you a couple examples and that is, uh, I have no idea mathematically the number of frozen embryos,” he stumbled. “Is it one, 10, 100, 1,000? Things like that matter.

“These are very complex issues where, I’m not sure everybody is really thought about what all the potential problems are and as a result, no one really knows what the potential answers are,”

The waterfall of Republican statements of support for unrestricted IVF have also triggered a wave of news articles pointing out the GOP’s hypocrisy on the issue, specifically the hypocrisy of House Republicans who sponsored or supported the Life at Conception Act, which was introduced in January 2023.

The bill, which is languishing in the House, is sponsored by 125 House Republicans. It defines a “human being” to “include each member of the species homo sapiens at all stages of life, including the moment of fertilization or cloning, or other moment at which an individual member of the human species comes into being.” It also defines the right to life under the 14th Amendment as being for “each born and preborn human person.” It includes no language or provisions for IVF or other forms of reproductive care.

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA), who released his own statement of unequivocal support for IVF, is among the co-sponsors.

Footballfirst

The Supreme Court has agreed to hear Trump's "presidential immunity" claim in the w/c 22 April.

Maple Leaf
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The Supreme Court has agreed to hear Trump's "presidential immunity" claim in the w/c 22 April.

This plays right into Trump's hand:  delay. delay. delay.

This is just one reason you're not going to see Trump in any debate, he's incapable of even speaking coherently.

Trump can barely speak, quickly ends event & leaves stage

Trump struggles to speak at the National Association for Christian Communicators conference, starting his speech late while slurring, appearing confused numerous times, and quickly ending his speech early

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

This is just one reason you're not going to see Trump in any debate, he's incapable of even speaking coherently.

Trump struggles to speak at the National Association for Christian Communicators conference, starting his speech late while slurring, appearing confused numerous times, and quickly ending his speech early

Trump in jail yet? No?

Bet that Pakman fella is coining it in from guys clicking his vids, mind.

1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Trump in jail yet? No?

Bet that Pakman fella is coining it in from guys clicking his vids, mind.

I used to love it when you ate the cake thing, then you could chase the ghosts.. 

I just don't get anyone who thinks  the Americans choice is worth point scoring over.

They're both corrupt .

Ones got previous for racist policies .

Both have stolen ,committed fraud ,betrayed the American taxpayer for their own ends and are frankly not fit for office.

This thread never explores the deeper direction of US politics.

And despite the nonsense posted about Trump being a danger to world peace the opposite is by actions the truth.

When the only answer to an absolute embarrassing presidency of Trump is Biden and the joke embarrassing Biden is Trump.

You would think anyone with half a brain wouldn't take sides.

Here is where we are.

American hegemony not democracy is the power.

You're all just buying into X factor.

il Duce McTarkin
7 minutes ago, Ked said:

I'm buying into crypto.

28 minutes ago, Ked said:

I just don't get anyone who thinks  the Americans choice is worth point scoring over.

They're both corrupt .

Both have stolen ,committed fraud ,betrayed the American taxpayer for their own ends and are frankly not fit for office.

And despite the nonsense posted about Trump being a danger to world peace the opposite is by actions the truth.

When the only answer to an absolute embarrassing presidency of Trump is Biden and the joke embarrassing Biden is Trump.

Here is where we are.

Any proof about Biden's crimes?? And I don't mean from FOX News

il Duce McTarkin
55 minutes ago, Ked said:

Butter option ?

President---Salted-Butter---myPanier-_ma

On toast.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Any proof about Biden's crimes?? And I don't mean from FOX News

Fekin Nora.

Na mate just you suck on the butter .

I rest my case

31 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

President---Salted-Butter---myPanier-_ma

On toast.

Can't put a better bit of butter on yer knife

JudyJudyJudy
17 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

He’s more articulate that sleepy Joe 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Ked said:

They're both corrupt .

Here is where we are.

Good posting 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Ked said:

They're both corrupt .

Here is where we are.

Mate the main source of "Biden's crimes" was just unmasked as a Putin operative. Trump is trying to end democracy in the US. (This isn't me overreacting, it's what he's saying in his speeches.)

"Both sides are bad" seems like a kind of safe, cynical place to stand but it's a choice between a ho-hum option and a guy ready to end US democracy as we know it for his own personal gain. Give me the ****ing ho hum option every day of the week.

Maple Leaf
58 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Mate the main source of "Biden's crimes" was just unmasked as a Putin operative. Trump is trying to end democracy in the US. (This isn't me overreacting, it's what he's saying in his speeches.)

"Both sides are bad" seems like a kind of safe, cynical place to stand but it's a choice between a ho-hum option and a guy ready to end US democracy as we know it for his own personal gain. Give me the ****ing ho hum option every day of the week.

Good posting.  :wink:

Ulysses
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Ked isn't aware of those stories, as they weren't covered by the DDM. ;) 

Ulysses
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Ked isn't aware of those stories, as they weren't covered by the DDM. ;) 

I've just remembered that DDM is a bit Eurocentric.  Americans might use a term like AFM, or MUM, but I'm not sure.  :unsure: 

8 hours ago, Ked said:

Fekin Nora.

Na mate just you suck on the butter .

I rest my case

Any proof?? 

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, Ulysses said:

:rofl: 

IMG_7387.gif