• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mikey1874
4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Haley finally walking away after a severe mauling that might jeopardise her future political career. 

In reserve though surely. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Now confirmed that Elon Musk flew to Mar a Lago and met with Trump. No one's got hard info why, but it's assumed it might be to help him scrape together money to cover his legal penalties.

Canscot
56 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Now confirmed that Elon Musk flew to Mar a Lago and met with Trump. No one's got hard info why, but it's assumed it might be to help him scrape together money to cover his legal penalties.

Or help fund his Presidential bid.  It all comes out of the same pot with him so really no difference. 

4 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Or help fund his Presidential bid.  It all comes out of the same pot with him so really no difference. 

He recently declared he will not financially endorse either candidate.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, Canscot said:

An article I just read says Musk has foresworn giving money to either candidate. So this is likely about Xitter.

https://wapo.st/3IorCuv

Trump, facing legal bills, legal penalties, campaign costs and who knows what else, could use some cash. Extracting $3,300 from Musk wouldn’t do much to fill that hole and would require a careful appeal to the businessman. But Musk is already contributing far more than $3,300 in value to Trump’s campaign by spreading extreme right-wing rhetoric that reinforces Trump’s political arguments.

Intentionally or not, Musk is actively engaged in organizing in support of Trump on his platform of hundreds of millions of users. Any monetary donation is icing on the cake.

Gundermann

Emily Maitlis told to *** off by deranged Trump supporter and politician...

Arch-Donald Trump supporter Marjorie Taylor Greene told The News Agent's Emily Maitlis to "**** off" after she questioned her conspiracy claims about Jewish space lasers being behind the California wildfires.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/emily-maitlis-f-off-marjorie-taylor-greene-conspiracy-jewish-space-lasers/

Edited by Gundermann

On 01/03/2024 at 14:35, Ulysses said:

Like I said, even moderate conservatives are ****s.

Maybe you could put cones on their heads and humiliation treatment akin to Chinese culture revolution.

Or you could realise its all pish and not be so dumb .

Maybe not .

Clever idiots are like that.

Yeeeeeesssssss

😆

World peace and Donald Trump.

Or Joe Biden.

I mean does anyone believe either has a say or unless it's a wee pockle influence?

World peace I'd like to know how those who think a Trump win means that's in danger as compared to tge last 5 presidents including Trump.

I'd like to know how World tensions have lessened since Trump to Biden and Obana to Trump.

Why does it appear that minority races in the US are favouring Trump.more than any other Republican by double and treble previous figures?

Not everyone can be dumb and not clever like you?

Generic Username

Sorry, are you suggesting a Trump win equals "world peace"?

Ulysses
16 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

Good, isn't it?  :laugh: 

18 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

No.

But good try twisting my words.

It said the exact opposite.

I'm sorry you misunderstood my overall point.

Generic Username
1 minute ago, Ked said:

No.

But good try twisting my words.

It said the exact opposite.

I'm sorry you misunderstood my overall point.

Apologies for being confused by your opening gambit of "World peace and Donald Trump. Or Joe Biden".

I'd also like to apologise for missing your overall point as it's tricky to comprehend when you appear adamant in posting like someone who's heard what a haiku is but can't actually write one. 

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Good, isn't it?  :laugh: 

In what way ?

That you believe that a vote for Biden protects democracy and world peace?

Or that democracy is running US policy ?

I know you're all desperate for any hint of Trump.sympathy with the senior witch hunter jfk and his you tube evangelical sermons nightly.

But the rabies like foaming at the suggestion it's all utter shite and blatant lies is wild .

It's great isn't it?

6 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

Apologies for being confused by your opening gambit of "World peace and Donald Trump. Or Joe Biden".

I'd also like to apologise for missing your overall point as it's tricky to comprehend when you appear adamant in posting like someone who's heard what a haiku is but can't actually write one. 

A dig.

But going by your posts I doubt you were confused.

Generic Username

You said;

"World peace and Donald Trump. Or Joe Biden."

I said

"Are you suggesting a Trump win means world peace?"

And I'm twisting your words? 

Talk me through it hen. 

1 minute ago, Generic Username said:

You said;

"World peace and Donald Trump. Or Joe Biden."

I said

"Are you suggesting a Trump win means world peace?"

And I'm twisting your words? 

Talk me through it I want to be wide so we don't discuss the obvious point

Grow up darlin

Generic Username
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Grow up darlin

Right, so you can't talk me through your own words? 

The points often made about tge instability of a Trump win.

I get that 

Folk are truly wound up about very little in effect is the point I'm naking.

Democracy us already dead.

44 minutes ago, Ked said:

Or Joe Biden.

I mean does anyone believe either has a say or unless it's a wee pockle influence?

World peace I'd like to know how those who think a Trump win means that's in danger as compared to tge last 5 presidents including Trump.

I'd like to know how World tensions have lessened since Trump to Biden and Obana to Trump.

Why does it appear that minority races in the US are favouring Trump.more than any other Republican by double and treble previous figures?

Do you just put letters into a wee machine and words come out in any order? Nothing you post makes any sense 

Just now, Generic Username said:

Right, so you can't talk me through your own words? 

Ate mate

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Do you just put letters into a wee machine and words come out in any order? Nothing you post makes any sense 

😅

Yes .

Yes I do mate.

My brain buddy and I like it.

Generic Username
6 minutes ago, Ked said:

Ate mate

"Ate mate"

Case closed. 

Edited by Generic Username

2 minutes ago, Generic Username said:

"Ate mate"

Case closed. 

So no arguments on the points you obviously missed. ...?

And happy to indulge cheerleader politics minus the rara skirt?

Happy you've closed the conversation if that's the level.

Generic Username
Just now, Ked said:

So no arguments on the points you obviously missed. ...?

And happy to indulge cheerleader politics minus the rara skirt?

Happy you've closed the conversation if that's the level.

Everyone appears to have missed the point if you're suggesting your point wasn't that a Trump win equals world peace,. because you said, and I quote "World peace and Donald Trump. Or Joe Biden."

There's obviously a much too clever subtext we're missing here so you're going to have to walk us through it, as painful as it might be, using sentences. 

As I'm accused of being fed lies by my warped direct feed.

Can I ask if the growing support amongst black.and Latino male voters is a lie and if not are bkack and  Latino men stupid?

1 minute ago, Generic Username said:

Everyone appears to have missed the point if you're suggesting your point wasn't that a Trump win equals world peace,. because you said, and I quote "World peace and Donald Trump. Or Joe Biden."

There's obviously a much too clever subtext we're missing here so you're going to have to walk us through it, as painful as it might be, using sentences. 

Everyone ?

Well my point is much like the current candidates .

There's no point .

The establishment want Biden in the same way you'd rather a bam compared to a .

That's it.

A need to stay of this thread

Generic Username
Just now, Ked said:

Everyone ?

That's surely not what you're going to cling on to. 

Let's take everyone to mean myself, Ulysses & XB52 given we're the evidently the ones active on this forum & clearly perplexed by your "stop twisting my words" stance after being questioned on your, and again, I hate to have to quite it again, "World Peace and Donald Trump. Or Joe Biden." statement.

If you weren't suggesting that Trump winning equated to world peace then that's surely a very, very simple point to clarify. 

And if that's not what you were suggesting, then again, please talk us through your actual point. 

Canscot
1 hour ago, Generic Username said:

That's surely not what you're going to cling on to. 

Let's take everyone to mean myself, Ulysses & XB52 given we're the evidently the ones active on this forum & clearly perplexed by your "stop twisting my words" stance after being questioned on your, and again, I hate to have to quite it again, "World Peace and Donald Trump. Or Joe Biden." statement.

If you weren't suggesting that Trump winning equated to world peace then that's surely a very, very simple point to clarify. 

And if that's not what you were suggesting, then again, please talk us through your actual point. 

Forget it mate. The guy is clearly about as confuddled as Trump. 
Lack of sentence structure. Lack of punctuation and we get blamed for not understanding his point?

trotter
5 hours ago, Ked said:

The points often made about tge instability of a Trump win.

I get that 

Folk are truly wound up about very little in effect is the point I'm naking.

Democracy us already dead.

Then let's make this very simple Ked. 

Is your opinion that a Trump re-election would make the world a more 'peaceful' place? 

Yes or no answer

il Duce McTarkin
6 hours ago, Ked said:

Well my point is much like the current candidates .

There's no point .

The establishment want Biden in the same way you'd rather a bam compared to a .

That's it.

A need to stay of this thread

Alright, Ked, I've not got much of a clue what you're saying either, apart from that  the baw's already burst and the Trump/Biden deliberation appears little more than squabbling over largely inconsequential details. One man's bam is another man's bam, right?

I'm not going to go for a patronising put down or pass judgement on your intelligence based on spelling or scentence structure, though, because that would make me a ^unt.

Clearly despite Trumps rambling it's not Obama pulling the strings in the background, it's obviously Taylor Swift who the right are now deciding may be a lesbian. Wonder if that super bowl winner boyfriend knows this. 

Some interesting points made about why anyone would support Trump and in particular why would Republican elites do it.

What a Second Trump Term Could Mean for America | Sam Harris and Jonathan Rauch

An excerpt from episode #350 of the Making Sense podcast.

Mikey1874
14 hours ago, Generic Username said:

Well technically if the USA helps Russia win the war then that does kind of mean peace.

For a few years, until they re-arm and go again somewhere else.

It also means the end of Ukraine as an independent nation state, the military re-establishment of the USSR and another Cold War that will cost The West untold trillions of dollars as this time it'll be not just against USSR2 but Iran and China as well.

Edited by Cade

43 minutes ago, Cade said:

Well technically if the USA helps Russia win the war then that does kind of mean peace.

For a few years, until they re-arm and go again somewhere else.

It also means the end of Ukraine as an independent nation state, the military re-establishment of the USSR and another Cold War that will cost The West untold trillions of dollars as this time it'll be not just against USSR2 but Iran and China as well.

But but Nobel Peace Prize for old nappy-pants, right?

Damn the cost.

9 hours ago, trotter said:

Then let's make this very simple Ked. 

Is your opinion that a Trump re-election would make the world a more 'peaceful' place? 

Yes or no answer

No

8 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Alright, Ked, I've not got much of a clue what you're saying either, apart from that  the baw's already burst and the Trump/Biden deliberation appears little more than squabbling over largely inconsequential details. One man's bam is another man's bam, right?

I'm not going to go for a patronising put down or pass judgement on your intelligence based on spelling or scentence structure, though, because that would make me a ^unt.

Thanks buddy.

It's all a bit shit .

Maple Leaf
27 minutes ago, Ked said:

Thanks buddy.

It's all a bit shit .

@Ked I agree with you.  The state of American politics is disgraceful.

A large majority of Americans don't want a Biden v Trump Presidential race, but that's what they've got.  How the feck did that happen?

The next few months will be an embarrassment for the country as two auld men throw shit at each other hoping that some of it will stick.  Half of what we'll hear and read will be lies or half-truths.

And regardless of who "wins" on election night in November, we're in for the same shenanigans, or worse, that we saw last time around.

It's all so cringeworthy in what should be the world's leading democracy.

6 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

A large majority of Americans don't want a Biden v Trump Presidential race, but that's what they've got.  How the feck did that happen?

The next few months will be an embarrassment for the country as two auld men throw shit at each other hoping that some of it will stick.  Half of what we'll hear and read will be lies or half-truths.

And regardless of who "wins" on election night in November, we're in for the same shenanigans, or worse, that we saw last time around.

It's a total circus .

Gundermann
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It is a shoight state of affairs.

Biden still the least of both evils. Am hoping there's still time for him to step down and pass it on to someone else though.

Watt-Zeefuik
23 hours ago, Ked said:

Or Joe Biden.

Two specific areas where I'd say Biden has largely performed astoundingly better than Trump did.

The first is the Ukraine/Russia situation. Trump effectively helped spur the war by repeatedly blocking military aid to Ukraine (and tried to blackmail them into framing Biden, but anyway). In addition to wanting to control Ukraine, Putin hoped to make Ukraine a trap for the west -- either let him have Ukraine, or goad them into getting involved and giving him license to attack NATO installations. Biden's walking of the edge on that has been masterful and it would be much further along if the Congressional GOP hadn't cynically sabotaged his Ukraine aid bills, meaning we're hamstrung in terms of what we can send. (The GOP demanded border provisions as part of the aid bill. The White House and Democrats negotiated probably the most conservative border bill ever as a concession to get the aid through, and Trump came out against it because it would rob him of a campaign issue, and the MAGA fans in Congress followed suit and blocked it.)

The second is on Iran. There is a minority but sizeable chunk of the US foreign policy establishment that wants us to invade Iran. Senators like Lindsay Graham along with the neocons like Trump advisor John Bolton that launched the Iraq war. They actively want a military invasion of Tehran. I happen to think this is a horrible idea. The Obama administration, in part led by Biden but also by H. Clinton and John Kerry, negotiated the Iran nuclear treaty that allowed for sanctions to be lifted. Trump kowtowed to Bolton and cancelled the treaty with Iran, which has restored the sanctions, enraging Iran, and leading them to sponsor a lot of militia activities like that of the Houthis. That action by Trump has directly caused pain and violence in the mid-east. Biden has tried to put the nuclear arrangement back in place but he's been blocked in the Senate from getting it ratified as well as by the regime in Iran which, quite understandably given what Trump did, doesn't trust the US to keep its agreements right now.

That said, I think Biden has not been nearly strong enough on his efforts to restrain Israel's wanton violence and starvation policy. I'm hoping that changes tonight with the SOTU address. It's why I voted "no preference" in the NC primary yesterday. I'll certainly vote for him in November, but sometimes you need to send a protest vote message.

6 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Biden still the least of both evils. Am hoping there's still time for him to step down and pass it on to someone else though.

Tell me what's evil about Biden, anything, I bet you can't. Being old isn't evil, or there's a helluva lot of evil around. You're falling hook line and sinker for what the likes of Fox want you to.

One side is 100% evil, the other is elderly but a competent leader with the best economic figures in history, the best post pandemic recovery of any major nation.  But Biden is old despite running a tight ship, evil old.

So if you had to inform someone who knew nothing about this what's evil about Biden, what are you going to say? Might start off with well he's not a serial rapist nor a financial scammer nor an insurrectionist, but his opponent is all of these things and more? But Biden is evil old?

Biden is an equivalent evil? Just so hard to decide which is the most evil? That's illogical and to me, doing what you're being prodded to do by Fox and their ilk. 

Edited by JFK-1