Clare

Masonic

Brick Tamland
3 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's no secret that there are a lot of supporters that make their minds up about players before a ball is kicked, you can hear them in the stands when the team is announced, Clare and Djoum are the current holders of this title. 

If we had a team full of White players I don't think it would happen.

You should be banned for posting that.

That is one of the most ridiculous and despicable things I’ve read on here and the list is long. 

It’s not just trolling, it’s way beyond that and you should have a serious word with yourself. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• VALDOS

• Alex Kintner

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meanwhile, Clare was pretty shit today. Apart from his match-winning goal, of course. Hopefully he kick on from that.

He’s been generally shit so far, but clearly Levein et al like him. Keep the faith.

2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

That is one of the most ridiculous and despicable things I’ve read on here and the list is long. 

It’s not just trolling, it’s way beyond that and you should have a serious word with yourself. 

Really? Why? He’s correct. We do have racists in our support. 

3 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Olly thinks himself a bit of a comedian - that post of his however goes too far.

After clicking on the thread and being disappointed that some other fans still can't give Sean any credit I would like to say that he is getting better game by game and on my opinion only needed a goal to seriously kick on. Very similar situation to Morrison who tries too hard and needs a goal to relax and play his natural game.. Nothing at all to do with colour and pathetic to brand fellow fans as racists for being disappointed in his slow start when he wasn't fully fit and played before he was ready to do so. 

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Meanwhile, Clare was pretty shit today. Apart from his match-winning goal, of course. Hopefully he kick on from that.

He’s been generally shit so far, but clearly Levein et al like him. Keep the faith.

The only way a player will ever come good is if you put faith in him and play him.

I like him and I can see in certain moments in games why he was so highly rated. 

Much like Naismith when he first joined I think he will be a player who shows his true ability after the summer.

Brick Tamland
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

So he’s correct in saying that if we had white players only they wouldn’t get booed? Really? You surely can’t be supportive of his post. 

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He is suggesting Hearts fans have only criticised Clare and Djoume performances on the park because they are black!!!

If you think that is “correct” then you are the one who is “delusional”!!

Brick Tamland
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He is suggesting Hearts fans have only criticised Clare and Djoume performances on the park because they are black!!!

If you think that is “correct” then you are the one who is “delusional”!!

Very much this. 

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Of course we do, as does every club.

In the scheme of things though they're guy few, and I  doubt many post on here. The post smacked of the old "if you criticise a black player you're racist " nonsense. 

As another poster asked, how many had a go at Fuller or Decries?

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

The only way a player will ever come good is if you put faith in him and play him.

I like him and I can see in certain moments in games why he was so highly rated. 

Much like Naismith when he first joined I think he will be a player who shows his true ability after the summer.

I just go by what I see. My reviews will have no effect on his performance. So far, he has looked shite. However, I realise we’ve had many players come good after an initial shit few month (albeit not many with such hype as Clare has had). 

4 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Naismith joined us halfway through the season and whilst not fully match fit he still scored vital goals and contributed to the team - surely we do not have to wait a full season before Clare does the same?

south morroccan
33 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So will he get boo’d because he is black as Oliver T was suggesting????

Own your statement, brother. He would get booed, you stated he wouldn't. 

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Naismith joined us halfway through the season and whilst not fully match fit he still scored vital goals and contributed to the team - surely we do not have to wait a full season before Clare does the same?

He's just scored a vital goal and is contributing to the team. 

26 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Connor Sammon blows this theory out the water.

How many more times are posters going to accuse fans of racism when it isn’t even nearly warranted ?

Its about time the folk who run this place do something about it.

I think its very blinkered to say it doesn’t exist in our support and for some the tolerance level of a player is related to their race. 

12 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Tbf recently the players to be targeted by the boo boys have been black. Prince was the target last time even when he had a decent game you still got a few jumping on his back after the slightest mistake, He wasnt the best but he was nowhere near the worst. Then you had isma before him and you know how that turned out.

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Tbf recently the players to be targeted by the boo boys have been black. Prince was the target last time even when he had a decent game you still got a few jumping on his back after the slightest mistake, He wasnt the best but he was nowhere near the worst. Then you had isma before him and you know how that turned out.

So you really think the crowd picks on black players?

Came up here with a big time attitude? I see the exact opposite.  I see someone who has all the attributes but looks fragile and lacks hunger, albeit I seen a little more hunger today.  If we can address that I think we have a player 

22 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

That's one massive leap.

Fans like players who are successful, and probably above all work hard.

It doesn't matter if they're flashy or not.

There might be the odd dinosaur who just doesn't like blacks but if you're suggesting a "languid style is common to two of our black players maybe you have the problem. 

Really not sure how the big bit there is the languid style. To say fans only like a player who is successful or works hard is not accurate either. Just because you have that view its wrong to say all fans do. I like a player who gives his all I get pissed if someone doesn’t but Im also not blinded by it to the point I can’t see what certain players offer. My point remains there is many old dinosaurs....I used to employ a lot of blacks probably about 40% of my workforce was black so I have my own opinions. However I did not decide that because someone is black is a reason to give them less of a chance. 

2 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

No one is saying they pick on blacks. There is an element who will be less tolerant when we have such a varied age range of fans. Its generational to some. 

There is one of our supporters who on here has criticised Djoum repeatedly even if he single handedly dismantled Celtic he would be sthe same toward him. Is his dislike Djoum or Djoum because he is black. ??‍♂️

That same poster stated on twitter the Arsenal fans should of thrown a brick at Delle Alli not a plastic bottle so to jump to a reasoned conclusion about his thought process is not a stretch. 

There is an element in every support like that. To say we don’t have it is blinkered

2 minutes ago, Muirhead said:

Came up here with a big time attitude? I see the exact opposite.  I see someone who has all the attributes but looks fragile and lacks hunger, albeit I seen a little more hunger today.  If we can address that I think we have a player 

This. He actually seems very humble and down to earth in interviews. Some people don't read past the Daily Record headlines I guess.

4 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

Not all of them I'm not going to tar all the decent fans with the same brush. But we do have a load of *****'s in our support. I'm saying there will be a small group that think its acceptable to attack someone based on the colour of their skin. Sadly those voices get heard and make the rest of us look bad.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Really not sure how the big bit there is the languid style. To say fans only like a player who is successful or works hard is not accurate either. Just because you have that view its wrong to say all fans do. I like a player who gives his all I get pissed if someone doesn’t but Im also not blinded by it to the point I can’t see what certain players offer. My point remains there is many old dinosaurs....I used to employ a lot of blacks probably about 40% of my workforce was black so I have my own opinions. However I did not decide that because someone is black is a reason to give them less of a chance. 

So you're suggesting, presumably, a substantial number of fans don't like black players because they're black?

It's not my experience. 

letsalldothebeattie

Thought he done ok today hopefully that goal today is the kick start he needs for his Hearts career and we start to see the real Sean Clare now. 

22 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

After clicking on the thread and being disappointed that some other fans still can't give Sean any credit I would like to say that he is getting better game by game and on my opinion only needed a goal to seriously kick on. Very similar situation to Morrison who tries too hard and needs a goal to relax and play his natural game.. Nothing at all to do with colour and pathetic to brand fellow fans as racists for being disappointed in his slow start when he wasn't fully fit and played before he was ready to do so. 

Two games. Headed down for Lee to sink the vermin. Scored a great goal today to keep us in the cup. 

He is slowly improving game by game in my opinion. He’s coming back from serious injuries and I believe he has pins or screws or something in his legs at the moment. I’ll keep supporting him for now. 

25 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

So he’s correct in saying that if we had white players only they wouldn’t get booed? Really? You surely can’t be supportive of his post. 

I don’t think he is correct, no. I think plenty white players get stick as well.

However, despite not agreeing with him, I certainly don’t think he has said something totally outrageous or deserving of a ban. We have a lot kid racists in our support, and this forum has seen plenty racist posts in the over ten years I’ve been a member. 

17 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

He's just scored a vital goal and is contributing to the team. 

Cracking goal however he has done it only once - if he can contribute as much as Naismith I will be absolutely delighted!

20 minutes ago, south morroccan said:

Own your statement, brother. He would get booed, you stated he wouldn't. 

No idea what point you’re trying to make!

28 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I don’t think he is correct, no. I think plenty white players get stick as well.

However, despite not agreeing with him, I certainly don’t think he has said something totally outrageous or deserving of a ban. We have a lot racists in our support, and this forum has seen plenty racist posts in the over ten years I’ve been a member. 

Brick Tamland
32 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

However, despite not agreeing with him, I certainly don’t think he has said something totally outrageous or deserving of a ban. We have a lot kid racists in our support, and this forum has seen plenty racist posts in the over ten years I’ve been a member. 

Is he correct or not? 

Guest Paul Allen
4 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's no secret that there are a lot of supporters that make their minds up about players before a ball is kicked, you can hear them in the stands when the team is announced, Clare and Djoum are the current holders of this title. 

If we had a team full of White players I don't think it would happen.

Utter tosh!

Think he done pretty well today regardless of the goal.  It was far from a classic all round and no one was excellent, but he won headers, kept possession well and tried to link the midfield and Vanecek.  Add that to the goal and he is definitely showing more each game.

Just now, Brick Tamland said:

Is he correct or not? 

Hes correct that we have racists. I don’t think it’s the only reason people don’t like Sean Clare.

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Wait a minute your post said he was “correct”!

Your all over the place on this!

Cracking goal however he has done it only once - if he can contribute as much as Naismith I will be absolutely delighted!

If he contributes a quarter as much as Naismith he'll be doing well. Naismith is a seasoned EPL and international footballer with cup and league medals. Clare is a 22 year old in his first season at a top flight club.

2 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Is he correct or not? 

And he claims I’m delusional 

????

Hes correct that we have racists. I don’t think it’s the only reason people don’t like Sean Clare.

Oh so your now saying you were only agreeing with part of his post - right ye are then.......?

12 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

So you're suggesting, presumably, a substantial number of fans don't like black players because they're black?

It's not my experience. 

Im not suggesting. I am saying some fans won’t be as tolerant to the black players. 

29 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

Of course we do, as does every club.

In the scheme of things though they're guy few, and I  doubt many post on here. The post smacked of the old "if you criticise a black player you're racist " nonsense. 

As another poster asked, how many had a go at Fuller or Decries?

Plenty fans at the games used to slaughter Devries. “Lazy”, “pedestrian” etc. Used to sit a couple of rows behind a guy that hates him and thought he couldn’t be arsed trying. He went absolutely tonto in one game because MDV had the audacity to give the fans the ‘gee-up’ motion with his raised palms.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If he contributes a quarter as much as Naismith he'll be doing well. Naismith is a seasoned EPL and international footballer with cup and league medals. Clare is a 22 year old in his first season at a top flight club.

You are correct however some on here continue to compare Naismith and Clare in terms of when they first arrived at the club.

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wait a minute your post said he was “correct”!

Your all over the place on this!

He made more than one point in his post. Some were imo correct. I disagree with other bits. 

Plenty fans at the games used to slaughter Devries. “Lazy”, “pedestrian” etc. Used to sit a couple of rows behind a guy that hates him and thought he couldn’t be arsed trying. He went absolutely tonto in one game because MDV had the audacity to give the fans the ‘gee-up’ motion with his raised palms.

So did he get slaughtered because some fans thought he was “lazy” or because he was black??????

Naisey to Vanacek ... Vanacek to Clare ... Clare into the back of the net. One touch football. Certainly put the knuckle-dragging moron two rows in front of me who was yelling constantly at Clare back into his box. As for the bloke next to me on Mitchel's debut (Mitchel getting a man-of-the-match that day) who screamed out, "You black poof!!!". Oh yes, we have our fair share of numpties within our ranks.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Im not suggesting. I am saying some fans won’t be as tolerant to the black players. 

Indeed. Many are not. It’s quite funny that we are all expected to just ignore the gorilla in the room and dance around the topic. Twist has stayed quite correctly that some players get it tighter than other because they are not white. I think it’s ludicrous to just pretend otherwise personally.

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He made more than one point in his post. Some were imo correct. I disagree with other bits. 

Eh ok then. Pity you didn’t say that when you got nailed for saying a quite ridiculous post was “correct”!

Edited by Thomaso

So did he get slaughtered because some fans thought he was “lazy” or because he was black??????

You’d need to poll them and ask them.

However, we have a fair few racist fans in our support and I don’t think anyone should be pilloried or banned for just plain coming out and saying it.

south morroccan
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No idea what point you’re trying to make!

Then let me spell it out for you. You stated that Uche will not get booed on his return. I said that if he needs to play himself back to match fitness and makes mistakes he would be. You were the person who used him as an example to disprove any racism in our support. I don't say it proves that black players are more likely to be scapegoats, although I do believe it happens everywhere in Europe.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Eck ok then. Pity you didn’t say that when you got nailed for saying a quite ridiculous post was “correct”!

I got “nailed”? Blimey... I thought I’d just eaten spicy chicken last night. ?

You post like a twelve year old. I hope you actually are a kid, because if not, you are a pretty ludicrous and disappointing adult. ?

You’d need to poll them and ask them.

However, we have a fair few racist fans in our support and I don’t think anyone should be pilloried or banned for just plain coming out and saying it.

You’re the one suggesting these guys slaughtered MDV because he was black not me!

3 minutes ago, south morroccan said:

Then let me spell it out for you. You stated that Uche will not get booed on his return. I said that if he needs to play himself back to match fitness and makes mistakes he would be. You were the person who used him as an example to disprove any racism in our support. I don't say it proves that black players are more likely to be scapegoats, although I do believe it happens everywhere in Europe.

Thanks for spelling it out.

I think Uche will get cut a bit of slack as fans have seen what he is capable of.

However if Uche plays 12 games after his return and was as ineffective as Clare as been -  until he scored that cracking goal, then yes I think he would get a hard time from fans.

That will be down to ineffective play and NOT because he is black as some on here are suggesting!!!

• cosanostra locked this topic