Clare

Masonic

13 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

The boy scores a winning goal that takes us through to the next round of the cup and folk are making up stories about an attitude problem that has been causing issues in the team.

Who needs enemies.

Par for the course on here these days.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• VALDOS

• Alex Kintner

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Great goal but sorry he was pish. A passenger for most of the game. 

:rofl:

Wins is the game = passenger

If he was the passenger, then thank **** the driver got him to read the map. 

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Anyone who doesn’t recognise the ability of Sean Clare, is basically a moron who should stick to pub games. ?

Couldnt agree more, the lad has ability and now that he is of the mark im hopefull he will show it on a more consistant basis.  Confidence is a huge thing for a forward player and i think Clare will go on to be one of our better players this season. People saying he has no ability are taking the piss, dont understand fitba, or just blind.

Edited by jambo3tevie

15 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

The boy scores a winning goal that takes us through to the next round of the cup and folk are making up stories about an attitude problem that has been causing issues in the team.

Who needs enemies.

best quote on the topic

Makes you wonder if some folks on here actually want him to put in a rank performance just so they can say "told you so" then bore away quoting their own previous insisive quotes.

Clare was neat and tidy in first half without posing any threat, just needed that leap of faith to help convince himself and some on here. I'm so very chuffed for him and while I can't be bothered getting into it with other posters thoughts of get it right up ye came immediately to mind.

Just now, jambo3tevie said:

Couldnt agree more, the lad has ability and now that he is of the mark im hopefull he will show it on a more consistant basis.  Confidence is a huge thing for a forward player and i think Clare will go on to be one of our better players this season. People saying he has no ability are taking the piss, dont understand fitba or just blind.

I’ll probably get in to trouble for saying it. I usually try to be a bit understanding and not use terms like that to describe fellow Hearts fans, but sometimes it’s too difficult. There’s times when you actually can’t believe what you are hearing/reading. ?

Some of the comments on here about Clare simply reek of Hibby, I saw a marked improvement in his play today and now that he has scored the matchwinner I hope that he builds on this and lives up to his spectacular billing when signing for us so, give the guy a chance, no true Jambo should be blasting one of our players when he is obviously trying to win us over.

Bazzas right boot

Boy is still generally on the fringes of the games. 

He's young, back from a big injury and playing in a new league. 

I'll fully judge next season. 

A cracking goal today doesn't make him a great player, and taking your time in a new league after coming back from injury does not make you shite. 

Hopefully gets a bit confidence from today and can keep improving. 

1 minute ago, Bauldrick said:

Some of the comments on here about Clare simply reek of Hibby, I saw a marked improvement in his play today and now that he has scored the matchwinner I hope that he builds on this and lives up to his spectacular billing when signing for us so, give the guy a chance, no true Jambo should be blasting one of our players when he is obviously trying to win us over.

:spoton:

26 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's no secret that there are a lot of supporters that make their minds up about players before a ball is kicked, you can hear them in the stands when the team is announced, Clare and Djoum are the current holders of this title. 

If we had a team full of White players I don't think it would happen.

Where does that thought come from?

It's happened as long as I can remember. 

30 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Who needs enemies.

Im not sure I have seen it suggested he was causing issues in the team.

1 minute ago, VALDOS said:

You’re right. Nobody has made up any stories about him having an attitude problem that has caused issues. Just people making up stories that he has an attitude problem ??

Scored a nice goal today. Took it really well.

Generally though he still needs to polish his game, be a bit braver in certain scenarios and try to get involved more. 

Well done for getting the winner though. You need to be in those positions to score and he was there. 

24 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Great goal but sorry he was pish. A passenger for most of the game. 

You talk utter pish.

Folk are so desperate to criticise certain players in our squad. It's embarrassing.

John mcCartney

pink boots and a bit signage straight into a camera rudeboy style shows theres a bit of a character needing to be brought into reality

he has definitely improved as shown today and the goal was a sublime strike
made some determined closedowns 2nd half which was pleasing

16 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

I suggest you go back and read your posts then.

I thought he was decent today. Certainly not MoM (or mine anyway) but he took his goal well and get involved in the physical side of the game (headers etc). Hopefully he takes confidence from his goal and can build on this. 

Hoping its bought him a bit more time from our impossible to please segment of the support.

Was a toss up between Clare and big Connor at the back for MOTM today. Even in the first half Clare Was the only midfielder trying to make stuff happen. 

Absolutely loved his celebration getting it up the idiots in our support. The boy will be a star for us.

22 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

You talk utter pish.

Folk are so desperate to criticise certain players in our squad. It's embarrassing.

Tell me what he contributed to the game other than his cracking goal??? 

He was a passenger. 

Edited by rick witter

Nucky Thompson

I watched Austin's interview and he never once said he had an attitude problem. He did say he felt sorry for him because too much was asked of him too soon because of the injuries to other players 

The Future's Maroon

Anyone who doesn’t recognise the ability of Sean Clare, is basically a moron who should stick to pub games. ?

How dare you be so sensible on here!

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He was a passenger. 

He won tackles, made interceptions, won headers, sent Naisy through, executed a nonchalant back heel.  Definitely not a passenger. 

The Future's Maroon
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I watched Austin's interview and he never once said he had an attitude problem. He did say he felt sorry for him because too much was asked of him too soon because of the injuries to other players 

I thought what he said was bang on the money, what I would expect a manager to say?

(mmmmmm)!

Just now, rick witter said:

Tell me what he contributed to the ge other than his cracking goal??? 

He was a passenger. 

Won and competed for headers, passed the ball well, never hid from looking for a pass. He didn't have an outstanding game, no one did, but for you to claim he is a passenger is just not correct. A passenger would have hid, not wanted the ball.

My only criticism of Clare is I think he should keep things simple sometimes. I think he tries too hard to make something happen with the ball when an easy pass is on.

Once he beds in more and gets to grips with the speed of our game I think he is gonna be a cracking player.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He was a passenger. 

He set, I think Morrison in behind the Livi defence with a backheel.

Hopefully his confidence is growing

52 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Makes you wonder if some folks on here actually want him to put in a rank performance just so they can say "told you so" then bore away quoting their own previous insisive quotes.

Clare was neat and tidy in first half without posing any threat, just needed that leap of faith to help convince himself and some on here. I'm so very chuffed for him and while I can't be bothered getting into it with other posters thoughts of get it right up ye came immediately to mind.

Said it before. There are some supporters who have it in for Clare and can't admit to any positives from the boy.

It's a shame.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Uh-oh...facts.

Now what...?

In all fairness, why should one let facts muddy the waters...

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Said it before. There are some supporters who have it in for Clare and can't admit to any positives from the boy.

It's a shame.

I don't agree with that, we have been here before. Not wanting to go back into the same debate though.

He deservedly has been criticised for his poor performances. Today he was much better and deserves the credit for a good performance and a cracking match winning goal. 

I've been a massive critic, however, well done Sean Clare and congrats on your first goal.

Thought he was very good against Hibs and carried that momentum into today. Can’t ask much more than he continues to improve game by game. 

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

This in spades ???

2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

MOTM MY arse!

In the same way that Callum Paterson's not an EPL player, aye?

The laddie's scored a belter to take us into the next round of the cup ffs. 

Maybe let your arse do the posting for you from now on, might get on a bit better. 

...a bit disco

A standing ovation from, at least, most of the supporters around me in the Main when he was subbed today.

Judging by some of the shite on here, they all need to be taking a long, hard look at themselves. Me included.

:rofl:

Wins is the game = passenger

If he was the passenger, then thank **** the driver got him to read the map. 

Your statement doesn’t make sense??? 

Wins is the game ???????????

Hopefully the spark he needs to gain a bit of confidence. Not got a great goal scoring record to be fair but hopefully he can start one here!

#oneseanclare

6 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Answer the other points put to you before you pick up on somebody's typo.

10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I think the is was meant to say us, mate. Might be wrong. 

14 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Typo, it should have read: 

“wins us the game”

You probably knew that though... then again maybe you aren’t a trolling Hibs supporter, and did not. I basically didn’t want to write you off completely on the grounds of intellect. ?

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

I suggest you go back and read your posts then.

Theres no point as I never mentioned the team, I was trying to find who said that other than You.

Just now, VALDOS said:

Theres no point as I never mentioned the team, I was trying to find who said that other than You.

Really? You didn't. Ok then.

2 hours ago, VALDOS said:

He said he was pulled up at half time, basically told its time to walk the walk. 

I guarantee there has been frustration from other players creeping out over him.

Care to explain your last sentence then. You have after all guaranteed it.

been here before

Goal aside Im still not convinced. There's time yet and theres been a few slight glimpses but Im still not getting the hype.

Thought McPhee's line about Liam Fox asking Clare at half time "when are you going to show up" was interesting. Seems to have worked.

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Care to explain your last sentence then. You have after all guaranteed it.

Austin happened to pick out the fact Liam Fox had a word with Clare at half time and made this public knowledge, its not unreasonable to think Fox felt more comfortable to speak out towards him in Leveins abscence. The fact Clare has been well short of what was expected/hoped for is no way going to be lost on the likes of Berra and Naismith.

Can you not for a minute imagine that when things are not going great that players start looking around the dressing room thinking, this guy has spoken highly of himself but not delivered, is there any chance  we can see something? "when are you going to come to life".

1 minute ago, VALDOS said:

Austin happened to pick out the fact Liam Fox had a word with Clare at half time and made this public knowledge, its not unreasonable to think Fox felt more comfortable to speak out towards him in Leveins abscence. The fact Clare has been well short of what was expected/hoped for is no way going to be lost on the likes of Berra and Naismith.

Can you not for a minute imagine that when things are not going great that players start looking around the dressing room thinking, this guy has spoken highly of himself but not delivered, is there any chance  we can see something? "when are you going to come to life".

You don’t half talk some utter shite ?

Just now, VALDOS said:

But you said you never mentioned the team or other players originally?

Stop making up stories and trying to pass them off as facts.

• cosanostra locked this topic