Clare

Masonic

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

But you said you never mentioned the team or other players originally?

Stop making up stories and trying to pass them off as facts.

I think you are seeing sense in this and coming back with nonsense.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• VALDOS

• Alex Kintner

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's no secret that there are a lot of supporters that make their minds up about players before a ball is kicked, you can hear them in the stands when the team is announced, Clare and Djoum are the current holders of this title. 

If we had a team full of White players I don't think it would happen.

Playing the racist card is absolute crap Olly and you know it!!!

Will there be boo’s from the stands when big Uche returns???

27 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Typo, it should have read: 

“wins us the game”

You probably knew that though... then again maybe you aren’t a trolling Hibs supporter, and did not. I basically didn’t want to write you off completely on the grounds of intellect. ?

?? Won is the game of that there is no doubt. Done very little else of note though today. 

6 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

You don’t half talk some utter shite ?

Its clearly having some effect on you as you take such interest :greggy:

You will be better off for it, the garden isnt always as rosey as you want it to be.

4 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

I think you are seeing sense in this and coming back with nonsense.

I am seeing you post nonsense and I'm replying with sense but I'm not the one making up stories.

You have already contradicted yourself once.

12 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Austin happened to pick out the fact Liam Fox had a word with Clare at half time and made this public knowledge, its not unreasonable to think Fox felt more comfortable to speak out towards him in Leveins abscence. The fact Clare has been well short of what was expected/hoped for is no way going to be lost on the likes of Berra and Naismith.

Can you not for a minute imagine that when things are not going great that players start looking around the dressing room thinking, this guy has spoken highly of himself but not delivered, is there any chance  we can see something? "when are you going to come to life".

This is exactly right. He came to Hearts with the big man attitude thinking it would be a stroll. He has certainly found out it’s not. 

He has shown is very small flashes what he is about but it’s nowhere near enough to suggest he will be a consistently good player. 

Our manager compares him to Colin Cameron!!!  

He is absolutely miles off the level of Cameron!! Miles off. 

4 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Its clearly having some effect on you as you take such interest :greggy:

You will be better off for it, the garden isnt always as rosey as you want it to be.

Jesus wept. You made up nonsense about Clare having an attitude problem and were called on it. You’re having a nightmare here :facepalm:

Just now, Notts1874 said:

I am seeing you post nonsense and I'm replying with sense but I'm not the one making up stories.

You have already contradicted yourself once.

No you mentioned team, thats not been said in my posts.

He never came to Hearts with any “big man attitude”. Where is this pish coming from? :rofl:

south morroccan
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Playing the racist card is absolute crap Olly and you know it!!!

Will there be boo’s from the stands when big Uche returns???

I "guarantee" there will be if he needs time to play himself back into form.

1 minute ago, VALDOS said:

No you mentioned team, thats not been said in my posts.

I have already quoted you ffs. You are just making yourself look silly.

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Jesus wept. You made up nonsense about Clare having an attitude problem and were called on it. You’re having a nightmare here :facepalm:

There is no nonsense of an attitude problem, christ, we can all see it. He made out he was wanted at EPL level, but has shown he is struggling a SPL level. Its clear from the comments today this attitude is not going under the radar.

8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

This is exactly right. He came to Hearts with the big man attitude thinking it would be a stroll. He has certainly found out it’s not. 

He has shown is very small flashes what he is about but it’s nowhere near enough to suggest he will be a consistently good player. 

Evidence to back this bold statement up?

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I have already quoted you ffs. You are just making yourself look silly.

Yes you quoted me, but there still no mention of the TEAM ffs!

1 minute ago, VALDOS said:

There is no nonsense of an attitude problem, christ, we can all see it. He made out he was wanted at EPL level, but has shown he is struggling a SPL level. Its clear from the comments today this attitude is not going under the radar.

What can you see, attitude-wise, and who are this collective to share your opinion?

You seem really wound up about the fact Clare was attracting interest from clubs who play at a higher level to us. It’s a bit strange. It’s like you resent him being well thought of, and wanting to do well. 

Most at of the bigging up of Sean Clare has come from our own manager. He obviously recognises something in him, and he was excited to sign him. 

Honest question here... do you get resentful towards players who have been highly rated, and want them to fail?

8 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

:rofl:

Used to love watching Jackanory when I was wee. Very entertaining and but also more factual than your posts.

Calebs Grandad

We beat a fellow Premiership side in the cup with a cracking goal from Sean Clare. This virtually sets us up for a quarter final tie in the tournament. I will settle for this as a decent day for us and hopefully we see more of what Clare can do. 

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

What can you see, attitude-wise, and who are this collective to share your opinion?

You seem really wound up about the fact Clare was attracting interest from clubs who play at a higher level to us. It’s a bit strange. It’s like you resent him being well thought of, and wanting to do well. 

Most at of the bigging up of Sean Clare has come from our own manager. He obviously recognises something in him, and he was excited to sign him. 

Honest question here... do you get resentful towards players who have been highly rated, and want them to fail?

I was in the process of typing a post saying the exact same thing.

Happens from several on here. Wanting them to fail when they arrive with a "pedigree" 

In a game devoid of quality Clare produced a top top finish to take us through to the next round. Do think it helped that he didn’t have time to think about it, and just hit the ball. Let’s hope this gives him the confidence to kick on. What was his celebration all about though?

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

Happens from several on here. Wanting them to fail when they arrive with a "pedigree" 

It’s weird as ****, mate. A genuine longing for a Hearts player to fail. ?

I think it’s sometimes down to the sort of guys who never made it. I suspect that their bitterness and longing for the halcyon days of their youth and how football was back then, makes them want certain players to not make it either.

Who knows. Could be all kinds of reasons I suppose. 

34 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Lucky he doesn't have a £48m buy-out clause in his contract like Ryan Gauld and was called mini-Messi. Now THAT will be something to live up too. Clare just reportedly handsome big clubs looking at him like lots of promising young players.

Edited by Guest

Other than sending us through to the next round, he won pretty much all the headers that came his way, most actually directed towards a Hearts player. He has a languid running style which I think is deceptive. Today's display and the last one, where his lay off header enabled the goal that sent the mighty warrior poets home to smash up their Christmas presents, doesn't fit with the media narrative. 

Just now, Bootzilla said:

Other than sending us through to the next round, he won pretty much all the headers that came his way, most actually directed towards a Hearts player. He has a languid running style which I think is deceptive. Today's display and the last one, where his lay off header enabled the goal that sent the mighty warrior poets home to smash up their Christmas presents, doesn't fit with the media narrative. 

Touché!

3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Any of the posters going on about Clares supposed “big man attitude” fancy linking some proof?

He said he liked to watch Deli Ali to pick up tips and improve his game. The horror!

37 minutes ago, south morroccan said:

I "guarantee" there will be if he needs time to play himself back into form.

So will he get boo’d because he is black as Oliver T was suggesting????

Mystified as to how a lad with such an obvious lack of confidence after a slow start can be accused of having a 'big man attitude'. 

The guys just literally won us a cup tie and folk still refuse to accept that he might have something about him. It's just weird now. 

27 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

I guarantee you that not one true Hearts fan wants a Hearts player to fail.

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Mystified as to how a lad with such an obvious lack of confidence after a slow start can be accused of having a 'big man attitude'. 

The guys just literally won us a cup tie and folk still refuse to accept that he might have something about him. It's just weird now. 

Exactly.  It's a bizarre argument. 

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So will he get boo’d because he is black as Oliver T was suggesting????

You have fans from 5/6 to 90+ at games Id suggest its not a stretch to imagine that in amongst that generationally there is still a white and black divide. It will take years to die out. Some of the suggestions about his languid style is similar to Djoum. Djoum is one of our best players and today was as good as anyone yet again he is called out by some as useless. Some maybe don’t understand football , some may not like him as a player because hes not flashy , some might not like his race , some might not like him for his comments about stepping stone or cause he is likely to leave. Others will boo because they just like to moan or be negative. It is entirely plausible some of those overlap and that some will boo Clare , Uche , Djoum , Mitchell quicker than they would others. Smith gets it tight though and him and Berra have been our most consistent players since summer 2017. 

Edited by sadj

3 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

Exactly.  It's a bizarre argument. 

Indeed and won it with a goal easily as good if not better than Lee’s winner at Easter Road. Difference is the player. Of the goals had been swapped Lee would still be the darling of many and Clare still not getting much of a break from fans.

Clare has a lot of potential and this crap about players resenting him ? Did people see the way he spoke about Naismith helping him and how Naismith spoke about him. ??

1 minute ago, sadj said:

You have fans from 5/6 to 90+ at games Id suggest its not a stretch to imagine that in amongst that generationally there is still a white and black divide. It will take years to die out. Some of the suggestions about his languid style is similar to Djoum. Djoum is one of our best players and today was as good as anyone yet again he is called out by some as useless. Some maybe don’t understand football , some may not like him as a player cause hes not flashy , some might not like his race , some might not like him for his comments about stepping stone or cause he is likely to leave. Others will boo because they just like to moan or be negative. It is entirely plausible some of those overlap and that some will boo Clare , Uche , Djoum , Mitchell quicker than they would others. Smith gets it tight though and him and Berra have been our most consistent players since summer 2017. 

Calum Paterson - a 7+ goals a season rampaging FB/RWB and all-round entertainer - got it tight at times for bizarre reasons, including his attitude, which Warnock has confirmed is his major plus point and probably the reason he's currently playing in the EPL.

We have some real hard to please, hyper-critical weirdos in our support no doubt.

Captain Canada

I had a chat with him the week he arrived and he was very humble and desperate to do well. There was no hint whatsoever of any kind of arrogance or overconfident attitude. 

Coming back from a serious injury being pitched into 100mph football isn't easy. If we'd had fewer injuries, he'd have been eased into it more gently. 

He did a lot of good things today apart from his goal and I'm confident he'll keep improving, especially with Naismith helping him out. 

3 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

It's no secret that there are a lot of supporters that make their minds up about players before a ball is kicked, you can hear them in the stands when the team is announced, Clare and Djoum are the current holders of this title. 

If we had a team full of White players I don't think it would happen.

Connor Sammon blows this theory out the water.

How many more times are posters going to accuse fans of racism when it isn’t even nearly warranted ?

Its about time the folk who run this place do something about it.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He said he liked to watch Deli Ali to pick up tips and improve his game. The horror!

Shocking attitude, he should only be watching ex Hearts greats for tips on improving his game. Send him back ?

54 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Genuine question here, what enjoyment as a hibs fan do you take at posting on a hearts message board?? Such a weird thing to spend your time doing..

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I guarantee you that not one true Hearts fan wants a Hearts player to fail.

You are not in a position to garauntee that, so your post means **** all. ?

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

How many more times are posters going to accuse fans of racism when it isn’t even nearly warranted ?

Hear! Hear!

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Report it then Drylaw. Easy peasy. 

I know for certain that there are plenty racist Hearts supporters, so I won’t bother. It’s an uncomfortable truth, but there you have it.

Don’t think it’s always the reason people are so hard on Clare however... although calling him “chocolate” doesn’t help when trying to pretend there isn’t a racial agenda amongst some supporters.

Ho-hum.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You are not in a position to garauntee that, so your post means **** all. ?

You are not in a position to even spell guarantee, so your post means **** all.

?

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You are not in a position to even spell guarantee, so your post means **** all.

?

I’ll take a spelling mistake over being delusional any day of the week. ?

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

You have fans from 5/6 to 90+ at games Id suggest its not a stretch to imagine that in amongst that generationally there is still a white and black divide. It will take years to die out. Some of the suggestions about his languid style is similar to Djoum. Djoum is one of our best players and today was as good as anyone yet again he is called out by some as useless. Some maybe don’t understand football , some may not like him as a player because hes not flashy , some might not like his race , some might not like him for his comments about stepping stone or cause he is likely to leave. Others will boo because they just like to moan or be negative. It is entirely plausible some of those overlap and that some will boo Clare , Uche , Djoum , Mitchell quicker than they would others. Smith gets it tight though and him and Berra have been our most consistent players since summer 2017. 

That's one massive leap.

Fans like players who are successful, and probably above all work hard.

It doesn't matter if they're flashy or not.

There might be the odd dinosaur who just doesn't like blacks but if you're suggesting a "languid style is common to two of our black players maybe you have the problem. 

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Report it then Drylaw. Easy peasy. 

I know now there are plenty racist Hearts supporters myself, so I won’t bother. It’s an uncomfortable truth, but there you have it.

Don’t think it’s always the reason people are so hard on Clare however... although calling him “chocolate” doesn’t help when trying to pretend there isn’t a racial agenda amongst some supporters.

Ho-hum.

So these racist Hearts fans hated the likes of Ricardo Fuller and Marc De Vries because they were black???

6 hours ago, Masonic said:

absolutely shocking every game hes ever played for hearts would be better off giving keena or irvine a chance

he cant defend

basic at crossing and passing

mediocre in the air

doesnt score

hardly any pace 

doesnt create chances

vulnerable soon as anyone does a dummy or faint

always out of position

leaves us short in the attacking mid area when attacking as he plays too deep during transitional phases

Similar to djoum and he is loved for some reason

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I’ll take a spelling mistake over being delusional any day of the week. ?

Bully for you!

Just now, J80MBO said:

Similar to djoum and he is loved for some reason

How many goals has Djoume scored this season!

How many assists??

• cosanostra locked this topic