Clare

Masonic

6 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Have to say, I wanted him hooked at half time :lol: 

I didn't think he was the right player to take the game to this Livi team.

Sublime finish though. Exactly what was needed to win the game.

Yeah, he wasn’t the only one off the pace in the first half but he seems to react to a situation rather than anticipate too often. 

Lot better after a very good goal though so fingers crossed he pushed on because he has been a massive disappointment so far. 

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Thomaso

• VALDOS

• Alex Kintner

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Masonic said:

absolutely shocking every game hes ever played for hearts would be better off giving keena or irvine a chance

he cant defend

basic at crossing and passing

mediocre in the air

doesnt score

hardly any pace 

doesnt create chances

vulnerable soon as anyone does a dummy or faint

always out of position

leaves us short in the attacking mid area when attacking as he plays too deep during transitional phases

As well as all the other nonsense ...Dummy or faint?

Posters actually think he had a good game?  Dear oh dear.  Great finish but worth laughing at others concerns about him as an actual top level footballer? 

wattie exploited

thought he was shit in the first half but then again I thought the whole team played shit first half apart from a ten minute spell Sean scored a great goal then he started playing with a lot more confidence and hunger it seemed,Hopefully this will kick start him with a lot better performances than what he has shown so far 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Posters actually think he had a good game?  Dear oh dear.  Great finish but worth laughing at others concerns about him as an actual top level footballer? 

Anyone who doesn’t recognise the ability of Sean Clare, is basically a moron who should stick to pub games. ?

2 hours ago, Masonic said:

absolutely shocking every game hes ever played for hearts would be better off giving keena or irvine a chance

he cant defend

mediocre in the air

doesnt score

hardly any pace 

doesnt create chances

always out of position

leaves us short in the attacking mid area when attacking as he plays too deep during transitional phases

Are you serious? did you watch the game?

Absolute nonsense!

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Anyone who doesn’t recognise the ability of Sean Clare, is basically a moron who should stick to pub games. ?

100%

Clare was always going to need time to settle and recover from the injury. The champo manager brigade on here don't seem to be able to comprehend this fact. I have said previously after the window we will start to see the best of Clare and I stand by those comments. 

We will see him get another goal in the next couple of games.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

you were posting yesterday sticking up for and praising the Hobo January signings. This morning I noticed you posting that you had a bad feeling about the game today,

Forgive me if I think everything you say is pish  

Just now, pointon said:

100%

In all honesty I would worry that dominoes would be too much for some of them. Absolute simpletons who would not recognise a good footballer if their lives depended on it. ?

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

you were posting yesterday sticking up for and praising the Hobo January signings. This morning I noticed you posting that you had a bad feeling about the game today,

Forgive me if I think everything you say is pish  

What?  Ryan Gauld?  I would much rather have Gauld than Clare and unless you are blind we didn’t do much to win today and Gauld every w window people have been crying out for. 

We looked much more dangerous when he swapped with Naismith after 30 mins and he played out left and Naismith had more influence in he middle. Technically he looks decent but doesn't work hard enough for me, he needs to do more to offer himself for a pass, a couple of times I noticed him stood still when Barra had the ball and was looking for movement from him.

9 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Aye he was brilliant then eh? ???

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

What?  Ryan Gauld?  I would much rather have Gauld than Clare and unless you are blind we didn’t do much to win today and Gauld every w window people have been crying out for. 

Nah. Hibs are shite, Gauld was playing part timers, and your posts are reeking of Hibs. ?

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Aye he was brilliant then eh? ???

He was when it mattered. Just like Ollie Lee was, just when it mattered. ?

8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Pretty sure if we could have got Gauld on a 3 year contract within our budget at the time we signed Clare we would have. As it stands we can't just stockpile midfielders or not sign someone just in case someone better (not yet proven Gauld will be better for Hibs than Clare for us) might come along later or replace prospects after a few games with a loanee.

Edited by Guest

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Nah. Hibs are shite, Gauld was playing part timers, and your posts are reeking of Hibs. ?

Absolutely reeking

19 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Might have seriously considered that point of view but, well just lift your eyes a 1/4 inch above the post and, naw, it is the usual nonsense.

McPhee mentioned in post match interview that Liam Fox gave Clare a bit of a roasting at half time, telling him he needed to get involved more.

Obviously it worked.

I thought he was quite poor today, goal apart.

12 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Inch Hearts =

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc7hhTNwU4SjU-_qFqDYi

Clare showed in small glimpses today that there is a player in there, Austin also confirmed he has a attitude problem, thats something i think we knew already.

Hopefuly the start of things, but its only a small step.

Just now, VALDOS said:

Clare showed in small glimpses today that there is a player in there, Austin also confirmed he has a attitude problem, thats something i think we knew already.

Hopefuly the start of things, but its only a small step.

Link?

2 minutes ago, pablo said:

Get it right up you too!

He was never man of the match, I suspect the people who decided that were trying to inspire some confidence in him. Fair play for that, but Berra or Djoum would be my picks. 

Just now, VALDOS said:

Come on, watch his interview.

Which interview with Austin? Been at game so not seen any interviews

He said he was pulled up at half time, basically told its time to walk the walk. 

I guarantee there has been frustration from other players creeping out over him.

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Which interview with Austin? Been at game so not seen any interviews

"All credit to Liam Fox (Hearts coach). He had a nibble at Sean Clare at half-time and he said 'when are you going to come to life'.

Just now, VALDOS said:

"All credit to Liam Fox (Hearts coach). He had a nibble at Sean Clare at half-time and he said 'when are you going to come to life'.

“Attitude problem” :cornette:

August Landmesser
38 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

This.

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

“Attitude problem” :cornette:

Absolutely, I've been involved with football playing and coaching for 25 years, i guarantee this is a guy completely frustrated by the player. He(Clare) has more than talked himself up, so now lets see what you are about. 

46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah, he wasn’t the only one off the pace in the first half but he seems to react to a situation rather than anticipate too often. 

Lot better after a very good goal though so fingers crossed he pushed on because he has been a massive disappointment so far. 

This

The boy scores a winning goal that takes us through to the next round of the cup and folk are making up stories about an attitude problem that has been causing issues in the team.

Who needs enemies.

7 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

TBF that “nibble” was long overdue.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think you're conflating a normal bollocking, that every player in their careers gets, to having some kind of inherent attitude problem, and is some kind of divisive character. 

Not at all, the guy has overall been very poor, but he has talked himself up. At what point do you ask the question, is there any chance of us seeing it?

14 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Come on, watch his interview.

Mat no point in that interview was “attitude problem” mentioned. ?

It's no secret that there are a lot of supporters that make their minds up about players before a ball is kicked, you can hear them in the stands when the team is announced, Clare and Djoum are the current holders of this title. 

If we had a team full of White players I don't think it would happen.

16 minutes ago, Smack said:

He was never man of the match, I suspect the people who decided that were trying to inspire some confidence in him. Fair play for that, but Berra or Djoum would be my picks. 

The BBC?

1 minute ago, VALDOS said:

Not at all, the guy has overall been very poor, but he has talked himself up. At what point do you ask the question, is there any chance of us seeing it?

When has he talked himself up? Jesus Christ... I think too many people read shit newspapers and build their opinions on headlines.

3 hours ago, Masonic said:

he cant defend

mediocre in the air

doesnt score

hardly any pace 

doesnt create chances

always out of position

He was our best player you absolute roaster ?

9 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Absolutely, I've been involved with football playing and coaching for 25 years, i guarantee this is a guy completely frustrated by the player. He(Clare) has more than talked himself up, so now lets see what you are about. 

“Guarantee” :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

He was our best player you absolute roaster ?

Fantastic goal, nice backheel and some nice touches - but never our best player.

Great goal from him today and really hope he keeps pushing on as at times he goes missing in games and it’s like playing with 10 men for long periods. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's improved incrementally, since he's been chucked in earlier than Hearts wanted. Even Austin said that in that link.

I'll go with what they say, see & do on a daily basis, with respect, as opposed to anyone on this board.

He's not set the heather on fire, no. Yet most are seeing signs of what's there. You can't "guarantee" anything about his attitude in the confines of a day-to-day basis, mate. So quit the hyperbole, as there's enough on here as it is.

His fingers in ears celebration, was telling in itself. But nah, let's castigate the boy, rather than give him a full season or at least our backing for the remainder of the season.The Hearts fans(experts) way.

Vanecek was a dud after 25 minutes. :lol:

Was he - who played in Clare with that pass in the second half then??  ?

• cosanostra locked this topic