David Vanecek

dustybin

I thought he played well. Likes to try and play in players with wee flicks and passes. Got an assist on his debut with a great pass. I like what I saw today.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lambo85

• Cruyff Turn

• Peebo

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought he done ok. Lovely touch to setup the goal and held up the ball well on the occasions it was played in to feet (not often enough). Agree with others that our final ball into the box from wide areas was desperately poor today.

Morrison is a great prospect but has to improve his delivery. He only needs to go passed his man once too!

I think the most telling thing was that he cane straight in and made an impact. We usually bed then in over possibly too long a period. If he can do that day 1, I’m confident we will see him improve week in week. Will need to get s pair of shorts when Uche back. 

Debutant strikers often score, but the big man played for the team and had some nice touches. He will understand the Scottish game now, and should adapt well. Can see him scoring with the head, but like Uche needs it into feet when holding up. We were not great today but Livi make things difficult for any team, we are through with a good home draw and this game is best forgotten. Big plus for me was Shaughnessy though.

17 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Needs to jump more 

One of your more ridiculous posts and let's face it there is plenty competition in your back catalogue.

Decent debut.

As expected, the first half was about getting used to the treatment from defenders and pace of the game. Was half a yard off it.

Came out in the 2nd half and started to look sharper, being conscious that he had to be quicker at reacting and get in front of defenders to receive the ball.

Lovely set up for the goal , one or two other moments of nice play and showed he has good technique. It’s about using the guy properly and I think he’ll hurt teams.

He’s not going to outstrip anyone or do what Uche can by taking the ball a run. 

Him and Uche as a pair will rip this league apart, there’s no defence that can cope with the movement and physicality of those two. He looks a real quality player who is suited to Scotland! Their biggest challenge will be the refs!

Going to be a player. Got a bit swagger about him as well.

The wee back heels, the frustration at team mates not delivering, seems to have a bit arrogance about him in a good way

He had a sly kick of a livi defenders legs during one of the build ups as well. I think he could be quite 'streetwise'

High hopes. Gonna be a top player for us

When he got launched into the sidelines near the end I think his oversized shorts helped break his fall a bit ?

Not a bad debut, not much in the way of service into the box but will come.

Honestly thought at half time we should have went to a back three as we might have created more overloads in wide areas to get crosses in. 

Seen enough to say he’ll be the mutts nuts. 

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Him and Uche up front together and we'll have 30 + fouls given against us by these no-marks kidding on to be referees.

It's a foul for a centre-forward to simply stand up to the bullying of defenders.

You can kick people up the arse, stamp on them, grab their goolies but, don't dare try and use your weight fairly.

VAR will make not one bit of difference to the depths of incompetence or bias we see on a regular basis.

You are so right!

A classic example was when the St Mirren defender hauled Uche down by the neck and was awarded the free kick!!!

Collum gave a free kick against Janecek every time there was physical contact with a defender!

We simply have to play the ball to his feet and not get tempted into launching it to his head, just because he is a big lad. 

The midfield need to get closer to him because he is clearly capable of laying off a pass to an advancing player - Hartley would have loved someone like him ahead of him. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

44 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Him and Uche as a pair will rip this league apart, there’s no defence that can cope with the movement and physicality of those two. He looks a real quality player who is suited to Scotland! Their biggest challenge will be the refs!

Uche and Big Dave up front will be bonkers football

:sweeet:

26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Uche and Big Dave up front will be bonkers football

:sweeet:

Naismith running through the gaps they create....I’m a wee bit excited ? 

3 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

The arse behind me shouted at him to 'go back to Czechoslovakia ' after 22 minutes.Dick.

Four words. So much ignorance of, well, everything.

The White Cockade

doesn't matter how good you are

firing 50 yard balls to a single striker marked by 2 or 3 defenders is a waste of time

a guy that is good in the air wants wide men hitting the byeline and putting crosses

on the six yard line that they can attack

or at the very least play another striker to fee on knockdowns

we've seen it at Hearts a lot the last few years and long balls to a single striker will never work

3 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

The arse behind me shouted at him to 'go back to Czechoslovakia ' after 22 minutes.Dick.

I heard that shout as well.

It was'nt that though.

He shouted at him to "Go back to Saint and Nevis"

Realy good with the ball at his feet for such a big unit, looks after the ball well and has good vision as he showed with his little flick to set up our goal. Different style to Uche and they may well compliment each other well if they get the chance to play together.

Difficult to tell from that game.

Some nice touches,the touch for the goal was sublime, competed well for the ball (plenty of free kicks against him ).

Not one cross that he had the chance to get on the end of.

Promising debut and will bring a different challenge for opposing defenses' to deal with.

Not sure how him and Uche will blend,or if CL will play them together - hope so!!!!

portobellojambo1

Played his first game for us today and his first competitive football game for three months. Didn't do anything out of this world but nor did he do anything crazy. Has time to slot in and become an asset to the side.

Thought he played well and got an assist on his debut. Will take time to adjust and bed into the team and Scottish football. Looks built for the game up here. 

Another option

Solid 6.5 out of ten today. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

51 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So do you. 

Off a bridge. 

The bridge of doom would do. That way he'd be on home turf.

letsalldothebeattie

Thought he had a decentish debut beautiful touch through to Clare for the goal. Finding his feet in the team and the Scottish game no doubt the goals will come in time. Hopefully starting against Dundee Wednesday night

Did well, no players stood out today but he put in a shift in what was always going to be a tough physical game! Would like to see him win a couple more headers when we go long but think the better thing would be to find his feet. Seems to want the ball and did show some neat touches and hold up play. Something to build on definitely 

4 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sad if true. Even Rudi Was in single digits when it was last known as that name and one country

Great opposition for his debut as won’t get much more physical than Livi to get him acquainted with the spl.  Thought he showed enough and will grow as his his fitness does.  Still think we need a wide player with a delivery to get the best out of him.  Morrison has great potential but his end product is beyond poor 

Think he done ok for a debut, considering he wasn’t match fit and playing against a stubborn defense. Our delivery wasn’t the best today and think he’ll thrive if we can feed him in the box. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, 1953 said:

He had some good touches but early days, plenty more to come from him. He'll be much better with a pair of shorts that fit him properly.?

I thought I was the only one that noticed those two feet long shorts ???‍♂️????

rudi must stay

As Michael Stewart said he can play abit too. Some things didn't come off for him, v Dundee they might. An early goal would be nice for the nerves too. 

Pasquale for King

He did well today, not many chances created for anyone. Nice layoffs and touches, some of the long balls today were meat and drink for the CHs playing against him.

When vanacek missed a header the boy in front of me came out with a brilliant shout of “Come on lad you’re no in the Czech Republic now you’re in the real place”. 

Interesting. 

29 minutes ago, Dayman said:

When vanacek missed a header the boy in front of me came out with a brilliant shout of “Come on lad you’re no in the Czech Republic now you’re in the real place”. 

Interesting. 

Towards the back of Sextion Z?

He was a loudmouth tool. 

22 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The lad has got confused somehow. Bet365 have these prices:

6/1 First goal 

21/10 Anytime

12/1 to score 2+

66/1 for a Hatrick 

They didn’t have a price for him to get sent off or pop his cruciate ligament!

You're right I've fluffed the anytime price was 21/10 no 13/2 ? 

I did back Dave at 6/1 

30 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Towards the back of Sextion Z?

He was a loudmouth tool. 

Yep! There was a couple in the vicinity. It was properly stressing me out.

set up the goal with a superb pass, big man will be a handfull when fully up to speed.

Received some bad challenges but just got up and played on.

42 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

You're right I've fluffed the anytime price was 21/10 no 13/2 ? 

I did back Dave at 6/1 

I backed him to score and tipped the big fella to my mate! Guaranteed he bangs in a brace against Dundee now!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We were warned he was not up to speed, certainly true, but going to be a very useful player when he is. Suitably impressed