Michael Stewart

Phil Dunphy

28 minutes ago, Jlv2004 said:

I have  no idea what this means. 

Λοιπόν, είστε ο πελάτης (σε αντίθεση με έναν υποστηρικτή) έτσι μπορείτε να πάτε οποτεδήποτε, κρατήστε τα μετρητά σας, αλλά, θα πρέπει να υπόσχονται να μην μολύνει αυτό το Συμβούλιο Michael. 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

25 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

In the midst of his Twitter breakdown yesterday, he claimed that CL tried to get him removed from his position at the BBC.

Today CL revealed that he has it in writing from the BBC that MS is making that up.

Cheers for that. 

Stewart has been very vocal in his criticism of Levein for a number of years and Craig absolutely has a right of reply. 

Surely people can see this?

1 minute ago, jambogemz said:

Stewart has been very vocal in his criticism of Levein for a number of years and Craig absolutely has a right of reply. 

Surely people can see this?

Only those with eyes to see.

18 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Mmmmm  no gonna argue with you mate but Alan McLaren certainly comes close

Yes agree

Another who was injured retiring even earlier 

8 hours ago, Markymark said:

As above and in addition

Colin cameron

paul hartley

stephen pressley 

Alan mclaren

john colquhoun 

craig Gordon 

This is like the Twilight Zone. First folk say Levein wasn't fast, when he was proven tone one of the fastest in Scottish football at the time.

Now, this. Levein was headed for the very top in England, a team like Spurs who were interested, or he would have had his pick of either of the OF if he wanted and they stumped up the cash. There were bids of around 750,000 in from England apparently when he was still very young before his injuries. 

Think a faster, more skillful Richard Gough. Gough got to the very top in England, Scotland and internationally. Levein was better, as good a defender but much more cultured. He could have been a great libero-style sweeper if anyone remembers those.

The players in that list were great for Hearts but only McLaren and Gordon come close. 

AlphonseCapone

The whole "relegation form" patter referring to 10 games is embarrassing. Relegation form is winning less points than everyone else over the entire league campaign. Celtic won the league with 82 points last year, theoretically they could have lost the first 10 games of the season, relegation form, and still won the league with more points. It's a meaningless term. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is like the Twilight Zone. First folk say Levein wasn't fast, when he was proven tone one of the fastest in Scottish football at the time.

Now, this. Levein was headed for the very top in England, a team like Spurs who were interested, or he would have had his pick of either of the OF if he wanted and they stumped up the cash. There were bids of around 750,000 in from England apparently when he was still very young before his injuries. 

Think a faster, more skillful Richard Gough. Gough got to the very top in England, Scotland and internationally. Levein was better, as good a defender but much more cultured. He could have been a great libero-style sweeper if anyone remembers those.

The players in that list were great for Hearts but only McLaren and Gordon come close. 

Totally agree Levien was quite simply IMO the best and most complete footballer ever to play permanently for HMFC that I have seen in the flesh . Yes other s have had particular strengths better but none completely, he was lightning quick before injury, excellent in the tackle, good passer and top class reader of the game. I say this having first gone to Tynecastle in 1974 , so can’t comment on those before. And too be fair Naismith comes close and perhaps surpasses but he’s on Loan, 

robbo, Cameron, skacel etc were phenomenal at what they did so I am in no way knocking them .

On 25/01/2019 at 21:18, Markymark said:

Our excellent start has saved our skin this season but our form over the past 10 games is relegation material. Only St Mirren and Hamilton picking up less points. 

I’d prefer to write of the season now and get a new man in charge. Levein isn’t getting the best out of these players now and you only need to look at Man Utd to see the difference of a change in personnel. These guys arent bursting a gut to impress Levein.

08888201-98C0-48ED-A585-1CFE8C22D5B4.png

On 25/01/2019 at 21:35, Markymark said:

Nothing I’ve seen lately suggests our form is about to change.

I'll just leave this here.

Capture.JPG

millerjames398
1 hour ago, jambogemz said:

Gary Mackay was not a limited player. He was a very good attacking midfield player who suffered from staying at Hearts to long, much like Paul McStay at Celtic. 

He was also shuffled all overy midfield especially under Jordan, much to his detriment. His game awareness with Robbo was also different class. 

His quarterback style through ball for foster v the vermin 21 in a row game, was world class, unbelievable vision ??

millerjames398
1 hour ago, andi17 said:

Mmmmm  no gonna argue with you mate but Alan McLaren certainly comes close

Alan McLaren man marked some of the best players in europe out the game for scotland in the 90s, sometimes forget he played for us?

2 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Alan McLaren man marked some of the best players in europe out the game for scotland in the 90s, sometimes forget he played for us?

He did it while he payed for us too. He was 18 when he marked Baggio out of the game for Scotland. He would have been Scotland captain for a decade if it wasn't for injuries. Hearts youngest ever captain at 16 as well I think?

Mind you McPherson and Levein meant he played RB most of the time for us, at first at least. I don't think we'll ever see a better defence than McLaren, McPherson, Levein, and McKinlay. Took us to within a whisker of a UEFA Cup semi final.

millerjames398
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He did it while he payed for us too. He was 18 when he marked Baggio out of the game for Scotland. He would have been Scotland captain for a decade if it wasn't for injuries. Hearts youngest ever captain at 16 as well I think?

Mind you McPherson and Levein meant he played RB most of the time for us, at first at least. I don't think we'll ever see a better defence than McLaren, McPherson, Levein, and McKinlay. Took us to within a whisker of a UEFA Cup semi final.

I remember him being a class act, he done a number on olaf thon, who was bayerns top player at tynie as well, paullo futre for portugal, he was great, but for some reason its not till im remimded about him i mind he played with us? 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Was at my wedding just after getting sent off at Celtic Park, the only time he was ever sent off I believe.

12 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Hogg was the one who done the attacking. He headbutted Levein before Levein punched him back. 

Something the Levein-hating weirdos forget. 

gorgie rd eh11

Michael thinks he's the dogs but he sh*tes out of calling lennon the arsehole he is. 

You're either the the bollocks or you're michael and steven thompson, a couple of fannys.

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Time will tell if he did the right thing. But I have no problems with him doing it.

As for your garbage about him no being that good a player. Well in my 53 years of going to see Hearts he was the finest defender and one of the best players of any position he had it all, speed, ability to read the game, passing, tackling and drive and hunger. Had he not been done by a vermin shitehawk in a reserve derby (he didn't need to play in) then I have no doubt he would have played and been very successful at the top level in England. Could have been alongside Alan Hansen.

Not really on topic, I didn’t say he wasn’t any good just not as good as others in my opinion. I was at both his benefit games, I don’t hare the man. Robbo was my hero bit he was still a poor manager, the two aren’t connected.

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Your bitterness has exceeded itself. It is fair enough to criticise him for our current form and you've even stretched it in the past to try and blame him for our run of injuries but to suggest he was anything other than a top, top player is nonsense. Mikey Stewart shows more objectivity.

I didn’t say that at all, he wasn’t great in midfield and learnt from a great player as Souttar is doing now. We all have our opinions and unfortunately injury prevented us from seeing him reach his true potential.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That ******* Walter Smith ruined his career by making him play with and injury that meant he could only swim to keep fit, all for 9 in a row. Tragic that he and Levein didn’t fulfill their true potential.

1 hour ago, jambogemz said:

Cheers for that. 

Surprising that the BBC allow Stewart to bring them into disrepute by making that allegation.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not really on topic, I didn’t say he wasn’t any good just not as good as others in my opinion. I was at both his benefit games, I don’t hare the man. Robbo was my hero bit he was still a poor manager, the two aren’t connected.

Levein wasn’t that good...

Smith is shit...

Have a ****ing word with yourself. ?

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who got the better reaction from his players? Levein or Lennon?

Lennon used it to get reactions quite a few times, once against us after they drew with Raith I think. He clearly tried it too many times. Levein has done it much less and not always got the desired affect, like after that Livi game.

gorgie rd eh11

Have Michael and Steven got the balls to give an opinion rather than the xenophobic dicky gordon s***e that  they peddle week after week. 

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not as good as which players? 

All told love him or hate him Craig Levein’s ability on a football pitch is unsurpassed as a Hearts player imo. Gordon , McLaren , Skacel probably the only players who come close in terms of natural ability to have spent any real time at the club. 

I remember Bannon and Malpas telling me how unbelievable a talent he was when I was a young kid and saying watch him i’ll learn a lot from him. Levein would I have no doubt made a career in Italy such was his ability....

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 hours ago, Jodami said:

Wednesday was appalling and criticism about our over reliance on Naismith and Levein's comments on Vanacek (which I still think were ill advised) were justified. However Michael Stewart can't help himself and immediately makes it personal with Levein whenever an opportunity presents itself. He didn't even have the class to park their history and make a point of wishing Levein well after his heart scare. It's embarrassing and does him no favours. 

I love Scottish football and I like the fact that managers are given a fair chance and not hired and fired at will like the English Championship. Changing managers is expensive and judgements need to be made over a reasonable period of time. 

This. The ginger BBC Scotland pundit lost any ounce of credibility he had when (a) he gave Hearts/Levein no praise when we were top of the league and (b) he didn’t offer any well wishes when CL had his heart attack.

absolute welt 

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Well, you're the customer (as opposed to a supporter) so you can go anytime, keep your cash but, you have to promise not to infect this board Michael.

He’s honking! Don’t waste your time.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Levein wasn’t that good...

Smith is shit...

Have a ****ing word with yourself. ?

At what point in any post have I said that Levein wasn’t that good, I’ve just refuted saying it in the post you’re quoting. In my opinion Maclaren, Bruno and Ritchie were better. I’m allowed my own opinion thanks.

Smith shouldn’t be mentioned alongside Levein either, he’s more a Robbie Neilson.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not as good as which players? 

All told love him or hate him Craig Levein’s ability on a football pitch is unsurpassed as a Hearts player imo. Gordon , McLaren , Skacel probably the only players who come close in terms of natural ability to have spent any real time at the club. 

I remember Bannon and Malpas telling me how unbelievable a talent he was when I was a young kid and saying watch him i’ll learn a lot from him. Levein would I have no doubt made a career in Italy such was his ability....

Maclaren had it all, as did Bruno in my opinion 

and I would have them as my CH in my all time team. Berra and Ritchie are up there too. Levein as a youngster learnt a lot from Jardine, he was so quick over the ground with a graceful sprinter like stride too. He didn’t reach his potential though and therefore in my opinion wasn’t quite as good as many believe. All my opinion though and everyone is entitled to theirs.

All of which has nothing to do with this thread, or his managerial style.

Edited by Pasquale for King

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maclaren had it all, as did Bruno in my opinion 

and I would have them as my CH in my all time team. Berra and Ritchie are up there too. Levein as a youngster learnt a lot from Jardine, he was so quick over the ground with a graceful sprinter like stride too. He didn’t reach his potential though and therefore in my opinion wasn’t quite as good as many believe. All my opinion though and everyone is entitled to theirs.

All of which has nothing to do with this thread, or his managerial style.

Levein didn't reach his potential? He played for Scotland, helped his team almost win a league and cup double and nearly get to the semis of a European tournament, and attracted bids from top English sides. Also part of the last good Scotland team. Imagine if he had reached his potential! 

Honestly McLaren is the only Hearts defender close to Levein in terms of how far he could have gone in the game. Different players but Levein was a better all-round footballer. Bruno was a different beast entirely. Berra and Ritchie were nowhere close.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein didn't reach his potential? He played for Scotland, helped his team almost win a league and cup double and nearly get to the semis of a European tournament, and attracted bids from top English sides. Also part of the last good Scotland team. Imagine if he had reached his potential! 

Honestly McLaren is the only Hearts defender close to Levein in terms of how far he could have gone in the game. Different players but Levein was a better all-round footballer. Bruno was a different beast entirely. Berra and Ritchie were nowhere close.

You says he didn’t reach his potential. He didn’t get the big move he deserved was my point and then we could’ve seen how he would’ve coped. He did get a big move in a managerial sense with Leicester and Scotland though.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You says he didn’t reach his potential. He didn’t get the big move he deserved was my point and then we could’ve seen how he would’ve coped. He did get a big move in a managerial sense with Leicester and Scotland though.

The evidence of his big games for Hearts and Scotland suggest he would have more than coped.

50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

IIRC  Mercer said he turned down a £1 million bid from Rangers. I also heard Man Utd were interested. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

At what point in any post have I said that Levein wasn’t that good, I’ve just refuted saying it in the post you’re quoting. In my opinion Maclaren, Bruno and Ritchie were better. I’m allowed my own opinion thanks.

Smith shouldn’t be mentioned alongside Levein either, he’s more a Robbie Neilson.

:rofl:

Ritchie better than Levein.

You're going on ignore. You talk nothing but utter horseshit.

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you think Bruno or Ritchie came anywhere near the level Levein was at you need to pick another sport to watch. McLaren was very, very good but even he would concede his limitations in comparison to Levein. 

93/94 was possibly McLaren's best season and Levein's was disrupted through injury. No question who was our most important player though. 

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The evidence of his big games for Hearts and Scotland suggest he would have more than coped.

Like being the best player on the park against the world champions and also  in a world cup tie, marking Paulo Futre out of the game in a qualifier, playing in a UEFA quarter final tie and looking every bit as good as the core of Germany's world cup winning side. 

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Paul Ritchie was a better player than Craig Levein? 

You don't half spraff some shite pal.

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

All 4 were or are good defenders but to pick any of them ahead of Levein... you serious?

It should have been ten
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

At what point in any post have I said that Levein wasn’t that good, I’ve just refuted saying it in the post you’re quoting. In my opinion Maclaren, Bruno and Ritchie were better.

:notsure:          :clyay:

:bolt:

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

IIRC  Mercer said he turned down a £1 million bid from Rangers. I also heard Man Utd were interested. 

I remember the Man Utd interest, going to Ibrox wouldn’t have fulfilled his potential.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

:rofl:

Ritchie better than Levein.

You're going on ignore. You talk nothing but utter horseshit.

Thank **** for that.

On 16/01/2019 at 10:31, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Interesting that Stewart tweeted something other than his love for Scottish independence. 

Amazing how many lunatics are drawn to this end of politics.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If you think Bruno or Ritchie came anywhere near the level Levein was at you need to pick another sport to watch. McLaren was very, very good but even he would concede his limitations in comparison to Levein. 

93/94 was possibly McLaren's best season and Levein's was disrupted through injury. No question who was our most important player though. 

Maclaren was slightly slower than Levein, could do everything else. Bruno played for Juventus and only left because Baggio hated him, we only saw him at the end of his playing career. Maybe we should both get another sport to watch eh?

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Paul Ritchie better than Levein. 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You've gone from being irritating to downright dumb with that post . I'm sure there are many others .Maclaren was an excellent defender without having the pace or athleticism of Levein . Ritchie was a very good player but never in Levein's class .

Bruno ? Never saw a lot of him in his prime but I'm sure a class act . Spent half his time waving to the crowd at Tynecastle as the ball sailed past him 

Anyone who says that Levein was not the best Scottish defender to ever play for Hearts knows nothing about football, or never saw him at his peak.

14 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Craig likes a confrontation 

He has played it calm re referees when he'd want to take them on

Stewart might get it instead 

That would be interesting to see. Stewart would get battered 

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Anyone who says that Levein was not the best Scottish defender to ever play for Hearts knows nothing about football, or never saw him at his peak.

Exactly. With all the tremendous players hearts had in that team at that point, Levein was my favourite when I was a youngster. A defender needed to be really good football wise to stick out to a young fan