Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

John Murray thinks he is worth looking at. Not sure where the original recommendation came from.

I was excited until you mentioned John Murray ?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

John Murray thinks he is worth looking at. Not sure where the original recommendation came from.

Fair enough. I know some may think otherwise but I thought our recruitment in the summer was a huge improvement on previous seasons. So if our recruitment team are recommending him then I think it's positive.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Can you only score if you're not tense?

I think so yes in his case. Even two yards out he'd put it over at the moment 

24 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Bit unfair , the guy is desperate to score .

One goes in , more will follow

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

John Murray thought Abiloa Dauda was worth a look, I’m no sure how that guys still in a job at Hearts.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Rubbish.   What you say might happen but there is no reason to believe it can only happen.     He doesn't even get many chances.     He'll get a good one soon and my money is on him scoring.

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

John Murray thought Abiloa Dauda was worth a look, I’m no sure how that guys still in a job at Hearts.

Dauda was nowhere near as bad as portrayed on here. Unfortunately he made his debut on a day which has very unpleasant memories. He was also seen a replacement for Sow, where the club quite rightly took the dough on offer given he only had 6 months left 

Sow remains one of very few who we've signed and who's actually made us a few quid. Most of our signings have had to be paid to go away or sit in stand / on loan at smaller outfit 

That's for another thread though 

He also thought Jimmy Dunne was worth a look, and Uche and Haring, and was instrumental in signing Lee.

(to name just 4)

Edited by SUTOL

12 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

I quite like Mulraney, I think with the right coaching he can be a threat. His pace in unbelievable. If he can work on his final

ball he could be a player like Martin Boyle

This is a very good point. Boyle looked like a headless chicken at first, but has improved a lot. Would be good if Mulraney could do likewise. 

John Murray’s a very good scout and a loyal Hearts man who’s been here for almost 25 years. He’s found us countless quality players at senior and youth level. Under appreciated. 

21 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

He also thought Jimmy Dunne was worth a look, and Uche and Haring, and was instrumental in signing Lee.

(to name just 4)

Name but a few for nearly a quarter of a century. 

3 hours ago, maroon said:

not an aberdeen fan.

Hearts fan just offering an opinion on why GMS wouldnt come to us 

Footballs a game of opinions thats one of mine

Back to modern family ?

Never said you were an Aberdeen fan. 

Back to Hibs.net ??

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

We have been recommended a Ghanaian winger. Don't have a name at the moment. He may have been at the game yesterday.

Did anyone notice a potential player in the Directors Box?

Decent, thanks Notts. We're crying out for a winger. None at the club are even close to the required standard. Hope something comes of this.

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

So talking pish then...Ok fair doos 

Go and stalk his agent on twitter and find out. ?‍♂️

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Rubbish.   What you say might happen but there is no reason to believe it can only happen.     He doesn't even get many chances.     He'll get a good one soon and my money is on him scoring.

That's the game right now. He wants to score too much

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

John Murray’s a very good scout and a loyal Hearts man who’s been here for almost 25 years. He’s found us countless quality players at senior and youth level. Under appreciated. 

Hiya John!!?

John Murray gets as much wrong as he does right but is only part of process most foreigners are signed on some scouting app can't remember it's name.

5 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

We have been recommended a Ghanaian winger. Don't have a name at the moment. He may have been at the game yesterday.

Did anyone notice a potential player in the Directors Box?

nope although Souttar was sat 3 rows in front of me

3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

John Murray gets as much wrong as he does right but is only part of process most foreigners are signed on some scouting app can't remember it's name.

Wyscout

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Do they really 

Are folk seriously still peddling the myth that our recruitment has been crap? Since the summer of 2017 we have signed:

Jon Mclaughlin 

Christophe Berra

Michael Smith 

Uche Ikpeazu 

Peter Haring

Jimmy Dunne 

Conor Shaughnessy

David Milinkovic

Kyle Lafferty 

Steven Naismith 

Olly Lee

Dimitri Mitchell

Ben Garrucio

Oliver Bozanic 

Steven Maclean 

David Vanacek

Sean Clare 

The fact that the players on that list not currently at the club we tried to keep demonstrates the massive improvement in signing quality. We had a blip in terms of the quality of the signings over the Cathro period but the last 18 months have been very encouraging with a combination of looking in the English lower leagues and also continuing to look for gems on the continent. Obviously we're going to make some poor signings but the success rate now must easily be 75% or over. Even the so called failures (on here) Mulraney / Wighton, it is still far too early to write them off. I'd concede Edwards looks a blunder but that seems to be the only one over the last two windows. We are now in a position where over the summer we will only need to add one or two players if we can keep the rest of the squad together. Naismith, Djoum and Souttar would be the obvious contracts that need  extended.

26 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Are folk seriously still peddling the myth that our recruitment has been crap? Since the summer of 2017 we have signed:

Jon Mclaughlin 

Christophe Berra

Michael Smith 

Uche Ikpeazu 

Peter Haring

Jimmy Dunne 

Conor Shaughnessy

David Milinkovic

Kyle Lafferty 

Steven Naismith 

Olly Lee

Dimitri Mitchell

Ben Garrucio

Oliver Bozanic 

Steven Maclean 

David Vanacek

Sean Clare 

The fact that the players on that list not currently at the club we tried to keep demonstrates the massive improvement in signing quality. We had a blip in terms of the quality of the signings over the Cathro period but the last 18 months have been very encouraging with a combination of looking in the English lower leagues and also continuing to look for gems on the continent. Obviously we're going to make some poor signings but the success rate now must easily be 75% or over. Even the so called failures (on here) Mulraney / Wighton, it is still far too early to write them off. I'd concede Edwards looks a blunder but that seems to be the only one over the last two windows. We are now in a position where over the summer we will only need to add one or two players if we can keep the rest of the squad together. Naismith, Djoum and Souttar would be the obvious contracts that need  extended.

Good post. And that’s just the last season. And if our scouting’s bad what about Hibs, Rangers, Celtic. Loads of (more costly, especially the OF) failures and arguable fewer genuine successes the last few years. Even under Cathro we still brought in Smith, Lafferty amd Berra

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good post. And that’s just the last season. And if our scouting’s bad what about Hibs, Rangers, Celtic. Loads of (more costly, especially the OF) failures and arguable fewer genuine successes the last few years. Even under Cathro we still brought in Smith, Lafferty amd Berra

Lfhearts could probably tell us.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Going by your posts we seem to have the same logical and rational way of thinking and communicating those thoughts on here. Logic and reason are quite often strangers to Kickback so it's good to read some common sense.

Celtic in particular. To have spent such vast amounts of money and have wage bill just under £60m they should be cantering the league each year by 30 points in the same manner as PSG or Salzburg. They have spent millions on absolute donkeys and have opened the door to a resurgent Rangers and the rest of the chasing pack.

Our last transfer disaster was 'that January' under Cathro and I'd argue that Levein would get a far sweeter tune out of that motley crew.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

No team has a perfect recruitment record, just like any company in business.

You just notice your own teams mistakes more.

Or only notice your own teams mistakes. 

Being a Hearts fan I have no idea of other teams failures other than high profile ones like Barton. 

I couldn't tell you about Motherwells, hibs, aberdeens, killies even Celtics bad signings over the past few seasons, I could name a handful of good ones, moult, Mcginn, mcgeogh, Jones because they get the headlines. 

Or maybe I could name some poor ones , Motherwell taken Sammon for a loan and Hamilton signed sowah?

We also had to recruit more bodies for about 3 seasons as we started from ground zero and had little youth. We also had the Cathro debacle to recover from wich prolonged the major changes. 

The margin for error was greater for us, it shouldn't be now, we have stabilised 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Or o ly notice your own teams mistakes. 

Being a Hearts fan I have no idea of other teams failures other than high profile ones like Barton. 

I couldn't tell you about Motherwells, hibs, aberdeens, killies even Celtics bad signings over the past few seasons, I could name a handful of good ones, moult, Mcginn, mcgeogh, Jones because they get the headlines. 

Or maybe I could name some poor ones , Motherwell taken Sammon for a loan and Hamilton signed sowah?

We also had to recruit more bodies for about 3 seasons as we started from ground zero and had little youth. We also had the Cathro debacle to recover from wich prolonged the major changes. 

The margin for error was greater for us, it shouldn't be now, we have stabilised 

Agree with that.

Don't mention Sammon though. Folk will jump all over that one.....incorrectly of course ?

Edited by Notts1874

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Agree with that.

Don't mention Sammon though. Folk will jump all over that one.....incorrectly of course ?

Could have done with him last 3 months ?

Folk on here seem to think other teams recruitment is almost 100%.

Take a step back, and we aren't that much above normal in terms of failures, and with our changes and growth along with the failed Cathro experience and subsequent recovery our numbers, if higher would be understandable. 

Unless folk would have rather continued with the championship side, Robbie team or Cathro's team. 

IMO, our biggest failure wasn't a failure, it was not keeping the big lad that moved to Holland.

The next one would be losing Souttar for nothing if that happens. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Or only notice your own teams mistakes. 

Or maybe I could name some poor ones , Motherwell taken Sammon for a loan and Hamilton signed sowah

The Celtic standout is Martin Compper. £1m fee and £1.5m in wages and no games. After that you've got several million in fees and wages paid for the likes of Cifti, Allan, Hayes, Gamboa, Kouassi (£3m - ?) and Hendry with little or no return. If Celtic with their millions and relatively no pressure can't sign people I find it hard to criticise us too much.

Rangers splurging is well documented and another thread compared our signings to Hibs since our admin. They have had a very large number of duds.  Lennon's signings compared to Stubbs (never mind Neilson and Levein and even Cathro) are so far appalling. All his best players so far were Stubbs signings. No wonder he seems to be pushing the boat out this season to make up for it.

Edited by Guest

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

No team has a perfect recruitment record, just like any company in business.

You just notice your own teams mistakes more.

This

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

This thread has taken a disturbingly rational and logical turn ?

5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah bit weird seeing a series of properly reasonable, sensible posts. Has this place turned the corner? 

We've won the last three games. 

The usual lurkers and haters are quiet. 

Always the same, when we win a few the CL out mob and we are shite mob disappear. 

JKB takes, if not a positive turn a more  balanced and less slavery approach. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Celtic standout is Martin Compper. £1m fee and £1.5m in wages and no games. After that you've got several million in fees and wages paid for the likes of Cifti, Allan, Hayes, Gamboa, Kouassi (£3m - ?) and Hendry with little or no return. If Celtic with their millions and relatively no pressure can't sign people I find it hard to criticise us too much.

Rangers splurging is well documented and another thread compared our signings to Hibs since our admin. They have had a very large number of duds.  Lennon's signings compared to Stubbs (never mind Neilson and Levein and even Cathro) are so far appalling. All his best players so far were Stubbs signings. No wonder he seems to be pushing the boat out this season to make up for it.

Agree 100%, but transfers like Hayes, cifti, Allan etc are calculated risks, if anything they weaken the opposition even if they are not 1st teamers. 

In cemtucs case taking these players then loaning them back to the likes of hibs/ Aberdeen indirectly helps them. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Haken said:

Don't think I'd actually be too fussed if we don't do any more business this window.

Me neither and unless a real gem pops up I think we'll wait until the summer. 

As the window closes we might get richer pickings and Suprise, tho. 

7 minutes ago, Haken said:

Don't think I'd actually be too fussed if we don't do any more business this window.

I'm in the same boat.

We surely can't be as unfortunate with injuries in the 2nd half of the season, which mean we have a decent squad as it is.

Vanacek and Uche coming back means we have plenty forward options. More than enough in midfield, Harring due back soon. Maybe another winger but I'd like to see Mitchell used further forward or even one of the youngsters used. Cochrane and MacDonald not used much yet this season.

Souttar returning and Shaugnessey on loan gives us plenty options at the back. 

Not a fan of either keeper but they can do a job and when on their game can be really good.

We should be getting ahead of the game and sorting out our summer recruitment and extending some of the current contracts.

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Me neither and unless a real gem pops up I think we'll wait until the summer. 

As the window closes we might get richer pickings and Suprise, tho. 

I think that is what CL is effectively saying.