Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Anything m can happen in this transfer window yet. Players could still leave meaning he has to jump into the transfer market. After the St Johnstone game could be interesting.

Today’s result and next round draw crucial to any further transfer activity this month. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Absolute garbage.

He's just covering all bases. If it doesn't happen it's because leveins too negative. If it does it'll be dull hoofball to two big guys. 

Regarding the two big guys up front chat - it worked very well with Janny and Bednar. 

Fair enough, they had Sir Paul and Rudi behind them - and were a few classes up from our average forwards over the years - but the definitely played well together. 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s already said he’s not looking for anybody else.

He says he’s after 4 or 5 players every window and signs 10.  We are 6 points off top spot and don’t have any quality out wide, would be amazed if he’s not still trying albeit they don’t always come off 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

He's just covering all bases. If it doesn't happen it's because leveins too negative. If it does it'll be dull hoofball to two big guys. 

:spoton:

1 hour ago, CMc said:

Regarding the two big guys up front chat - it worked very well with Janny and Bednar. 

Fair enough, they had Sir Paul and Rudi behind them - and were a few classes up from our average forwards over the years - but the definitely played well together. 

Nah mate, Janny and Bednar up front was rubbish to watch and totally ineffective ??‍♂️

Brick Tamland
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Wouldn't be good to watch, or effective.

I’ve read some shite on here and that goes straight into the top 3. 

48 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Nah mate, Janny and Bednar up front was rubbish to watch and totally ineffective ??‍♂️

Comparing Janny and Bednar to Uche and Vanacek. ??:vrface:

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Comparing Janny and Bednar to Uche and Vanacek. ??:vrface:

Trying to deflect from a ridiculous post which everyone is laughing at ?? :vrface:

Edited by To Be Frank

What a stupid argument FFS.

Nobody knows how good they may or may not be together until they've actually had a few games together. 

1 minute ago, jambogemz said:

Nobody knows how good they may or may not be together until they've actually had a few games together. 

:spoton:

Probably more a case of some posters wanting them to fail tbh

We don't have anything left in the tank if we play Uche and Vanecek together? Like our only forward options are Keena, Wighton & Mclean. None of which are target men. I think we'd be far better pairing the big guys with Keena and Wighton. If neither are up to it yet we can always play Naismith in that role whilst moving Lee or Djoum in behind. 

I think we'll probably see just one played up front most of the time anyway, but if either of the big guys takes an injury we're up shit creek since the cover is thin. 

I can’t help but feel that Vanecek is going to be a great signing for us, haters gonna hate, fek them I say. Let’s do this shower I’m absolutely buzzing for this now. All aboard the Jambo express choo choo 3-0. Tears and snotters from the usual douches on here afterwards

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

We don't have anything left in the tank if we play Uche and Vanecek together? Like our only forward options are Keena, Wighton & Mclean. None of which are target men. I think we'd be far better pairing the big guys with Keena and Wighton. If neither are up to it yet we can always play Naismith in that role whilst moving Lee or Djoum in behind. 

I think we'll probably see just one played up front most of the time anyway, but if either of the big guys takes an injury we're up shit creek since the cover is thin. 

Don’t get this mindset at all tbh

37 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Indeed. 

20 minutes ago, OTT said:

Far too sensible OTT and bang on the money.

If I’m a defender and I see I’m up against uche and vanecek I’m worried. 2 absolute beasts! Uche has far more to his game than being a target man anyway. He has pace and can run into channels so they will be different types of players. If both are fit and vanecek is as good as we hope he going to be and what he has been reported to be, id play them both together more often than not. Good to have options though 

15 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

If I’m a defender and I see I’m up against uche and vanecek I’m worried. 2 absolute beasts! Uche has far more to his game than being a target man anyway. He has pace and can run into channels so they will be different types of players. If both are fit and vanecek is as good as we hope he going to be and what he has been reported to be, id play them both together more often than not. Good to have options though 

Two quite different players by all accounts. One prefers the ball into feet and drags defenders away, the other fantastic in the air and a natural finisher. Strange that some can’t seem to grasp that. 

Bit like when Sutton and Hartson used to play up front for Celtic. Two big physical players but very different styles. 

Can’t see any logic in not playing them together.

11 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Two quite different players by all accounts. One prefers the ball into feet and drags defenders away, the other fantastic in the air and a natural finisher. Strange that some can’t seem to grasp that. 

Bit like when Sutton and Hartson used to play up front for Celtic. Two big physical players but very different styles. 

It's called having a different opinion. No point getting all agitated if people hold different views. It's really ok 

I think we'll see the pair of them up front. I'll wait to see Vanecek in the flesh before I profess to be an expert on his attributes 

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

I'll wait to see Vanecek in the flesh before I profess to be an expert on his attributes 

Very brave of you Jim, most on here will have him down as a dud if he hasn't scored in the first half an hour.

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Aye, cause they were of a similar quality to Vanacek and Uche right enough...

23 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I think thats a fair point. My only concern is depth. Uche and Vanecek will no doubt be our best strikers so (with our track record with injuries) I'm concerned we could end up losing them and having a similar run like we had up to xmas. Thankfully, we do have Naismith back now and Keena has returned but both are very different players. 

However with that said, you can't sign players and then be over cautious so I would expect them to both play together. I would like to see Keena played alongside one of them though, I think the 'big guy wee guy' formula would work well there - Elliott and Kyle. 

15 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

It's called having a different opinion. No point getting all agitated if people hold different views. It's really ok 

I think we'll see the pair of them up front. I'll wait to see Vanecek in the flesh before I profess to be an expert on his attributes 

Weird when posters state opinions as facts though ?

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Aye, cause they were of a similar quality to Vanacek and Uche right enough...

Quality is irrelevant. We’re talking style. There’s probably plenty of examples of two lower quality “big men” working together up front brilliantly too. Motherwell springs to mind

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I think thats a fair point. My only concern is depth. Uche and Vanecek will no doubt be our best strikers so (with our track record with injuries) I'm concerned we could end up losing them and having a similar run like we had up to xmas. Thankfully, we do have Naismith back now and Keena has returned but both are very different players. 

However with that said, you can't sign players and then be over cautious so I would expect them to both play together. I would like to see Keena played alongside one of them though, I think the 'big guy wee guy' formula would work well there - Elliott and Kyle. 

Totally mate. You can’t not play both because you’re worried one will get injured.

10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Quality is irrelevant. We’re talking style. There’s probably plenty of examples of two lower quality “big men” working together up front brilliantly too. Motherwell springs to mind

Except it is relevant. Janny had a terrific touch and was a world class player who could create things for himself and Bednar was quick and a really good finisher. 

Two big men up front can of course work perfectly well but using two players of far, far, far greater quality to prove that point is just stupid. Two big guys up front is also a lot less likely to work of you can't get the ball into the box. Motherwell is a good example of this, they get the ball wide and into the danger area constantly. We have no threat from the wide areas at all, so would like result in Berra shelling the ball forward at them. 

It's all opinion but just because good players can make a tactic work doesn't mean it's a good tactic for more 'industrial' players to try.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Except it is relevant. Janny had a terrific touch and was a world class player who could create things for himself and Bednar was quick and a really good finisher. 

Two big men up front can of course work perfectly well but using two players of far, far, far greater quality to prove that point is just stupid. Two big guys up front is also a lot less likely to work of you can't get the ball into the box. Motherwell is a good example of this, they get the ball wide and into the danger area constantly. We have no threat from the wide areas at all, so would like result in Berra shelling the ball forward at them. 

It's all opinion but just because good players can make a tactic work doesn't mean it's a good tactic for more 'industrial' players to try.

Agree and Motherwell is a good example but seems like folk judging players’ ability on their physique which is wrong. Look at the likes of Sutton, Crouch and even De Vries. “Big” players who preferred the ball into feet  ??

Edited by To Be Frank

5 hours ago, OTT said:

Seen enough today to think Vanacek could do the McLean role alongside Uche of playing cute passes and flicks to link play, but with a greater goal threat than McLean. Definitely not a runner like Uche - pretty much looked the player we were told he is.

Thinking we really need a winger with a bit of composure in front of goal. Morrison did okay but he's really lacking that final ball and Mulraney seems mostly just pace (albeit dangerous pace).

I'm hoping both can kick on but would rather have the safety net of an experienced consistent winger.

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Seen enough today to think Vanacek could do the McLean role alongside Uche of playing cute passes and flicks to link play, but with a greater goal threat than McLean. Definitely not a runner like Uche - pretty much looked the player we were told he is.

Totally agree.

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, rick witter said:

He will always be looking up until the end of the window I would have thought. 

He said he didn’t expect anyone to come in but you never know what might become available in the last couple of days of the window. 

From what I heard he wasn’t looking at anyone, then after the Livi away game wanted another CH to replace Dunne. We have a big squad and have signed 19 players whilst going over budget, someone leaving might change it though.

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes but you never know. The one that supposedly got away this window may still become available late January. Wait and see. Had been working on the deal for months so maybe not completely dead. 

Only CL knows that and said we’re done.

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Muirhead said:

He says he’s after 4 or 5 players every window and signs 10.  We are 6 points off top spot and don’t have any quality out wide, would be amazed if he’s not still trying albeit they don’t always come off 

Yes but we’re not looking at anyone, that’s different from looking at 5 and seeing 10 that might help. A bit like the pick n mix at the cinema, you get some that you shouldn’t have picked and leave a bad taste.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes but we’re not looking at anyone, that’s different from looking at 5 and seeing 10 that might help. A bit like the pick n mix at the cinema, you get some that you shouldn’t have picked and leave a bad taste.

We're looking at players constantly. We'll be looking at several right now. He admitted we looked at someone closely and it didn't work out. He just doesn't expect us to sign anyone else in January because it's pretty obvious that with Souttar, Uche, Cochrane and Brandon coming back from injury, Keena available, Clare improving and Naismith and Berra regaining full fitness, our squad is looking stronger than for a long time. There's always going to be areas that could be strengthened though. If a good enough winger suddenly becomes available in our budget... 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We're looking at players constantly. We'll be looking at several right now. He admitted we looked at someone closely and it didn't work out. He just doesn't expect us to sign anyone else in January because it's pretty obvious that with Souttar, Uche, Cochrane and Brandon coming back from injury, Keena available, Clare improving and Naismith and Berra regaining full fitness, our squad is looking stronger than for a long time. There's always going to be areas that could be strengthened though. If a good enough winger suddenly becomes available in our budget... 

We’re not looking at anyone for this window, end of story. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We’re not looking at anyone for this window, end of story. 

We'll have players we like and if they're available and we can afford them we'll go for them. Or if we get a bid we accept for a player we'll try to replace him depending whose is. John Souttar was signed at the very end of the window because D Utd changed their minds about selling him to us. Who knows. I don't care either way, pretty happy with the squad and would like us to persist with youngsters like Morrison and Clare instead of going into the transfer market all the time. Vanacek, Shaughnessy and Keena in, Smith resigned and Amankwaa out is good enough for me.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We'll have players we like and if they're available and we can afford them we'll go for them. Or if we get a bid we accept for a player we'll try to replace him depending whose is. John Souttar was signed at the very end of the window because D Utd changed their minds about selling him to us. Who knows. I don't care either way, pretty happy with the squad and would like us to persist with youngsters like Morrison and Clare instead of going into the transfer market all the time. Vanacek, Shaughnessy and Keena in, Smith resigned and Amankwaa out is good enough for me.

Definitely, we were looking at Souttar though and by all accounts were not looking at anyone just now and I can’t see anyone leaving. As you say there will always be areas needing strengthened but all clubs are the same. 

I understand or understood the clamour for Morrison to get game time but I’m not sure how he can be rated as being any better than Mulraney from what I’ve seen.

He was Livi’s best player at times today. I think he needs time and he could come could but I would like a decent wide attacker to sign in Jan if possible.

Think Morrison is clearly better than Mulraney. We just need better than both of them If we want to hurt the better teams in wide areas.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Think Morrison is clearly better than Mulraney. We just need better than both of them If we want to hurt the better teams in wide areas.

I feel like if Morrison could just get a goal he'll kick on.