• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

Tbh I'm in the 'not too bothered' camp about Olly.

Imo, he's been a bit of a disappointment to me.

But I'll always be grateful for 'that goal' ! ?

Don't think he'll be going anywhere for a while. But who knows...

If he does go, he'll go with my best wishes for the future.

41 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Wouldn’t be opposed to letting Lee go to Stoke as long as we get a good fee. Definitely a replaceable player. 

This, especially if they chucked in Adam on a free loan to the end of the season!

I'd be happy for Lee to leave if we were to receive an offer that allowed us to reinvest in the squad. I haven't been totally convinced by him up to this point. If he stays and improves then that would be ideal, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I will no doubt be in a pretty small minority here, but that’s nothing new on here. ?

I think Lee is a very good player indeed for us, and I don’t think it’s any coincidence that his form has almost exactly mirrored the availability of good forward players, who allow him to get forward and support them. The ball was ‘sticking’ earlier in the season, and he was playing well. Then when we lost Uche and Naismith, he was having to do work further back in the pitch and although he’s competent enough at that, you just don’t see his attacking attributes when he is forced to operate so deeply. With Dave arriving, Naismith back and Uche on his way, I think he’ll shine for the rest of the season.

Ho-hum. All about opinions though. ?

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Olly Lee's old manger from Luton enquiring about him..

Think he may have outgrown his old one manger !

Come on, no way will stoke go for Olly Lee.... !

Guess The Crowd
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

:isee:

Moody Blues best single - Question 

:wink:

Poor JIH.

Why does he never get an answer, when he’s knocking at the door? 

2 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Poor JIH.

Why does he never get an answer, when he’s knocking at the door? 

With a thousand million questions?

8 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I will no doubt be in a pretty small minority here, but that’s nothing new on here. ?

I think Lee is a very good player indeed for us, and I don’t think it’s any coincidence that his form has almost exactly mirrored the availability of good forward players, who allow him to get forward and support them. The ball was ‘sticking’ earlier in the season, and he was playing well. Then when we lost Uche and Naismith, he was having to do work further back in the pitch and although he’s competent enough at that, you just don’t see his attacking attributes when he is forced to operate so deeply. With Dave arriving, Naismith back and Uche on his way, I think he’ll shine for the rest of the season.

I agree. Hope he stays also.

8 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Agreed ?

chester copperpot
5 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Fletcher, Adam and Bryson.....

We’ll have the BEST midfield in the country.

Ftfy

Lee was very good at the start. But suffered like a lot of other players did when the injuries kicked in. He is a good attacking option from midfield and has a decent delivery from set pieces. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d take £400-500k for him though 

I'll provide the transit!

Wonder what his thoughts are on moving up here in contrast with the season Luton are having. Get the impression he's enjoyed the move. Been a bit mixed form and a bit one paced 

Clever enough player all the same 

12 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

I'll provide the transit!

Wonder what his thoughts are on moving up here in contrast with the season Luton are having. Get the impression he's enjoyed the move. Been a bit mixed form and a bit one paced 

Clever enough player all the same 

A clever player, indeed. One who reads the game and understands football. Certainly far more than the average fan. 

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

A clever player, indeed. One who reads the game and understands football. Certainly far more than the average fan. 

You seem to have a rather confrontational style mate. People are allowed to express opinions. Most do it in a civilised manner 

Herbertson I promise you I have been to more Hearts games than you for sure.

Stid: great TV if they had a decent goalie in championship would have prob stayed up.

Peterborough is a dump, bit dodgy city centre at night.

24 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Charlie Adam 6/4(sky bet)and 13/8(coral) to sign with us before Feb 1st.

Just had a look at that. 6/4 with Sky Bet. Remaining at Stoke 11/4, Rangers and Fleetwood at 7/2. He's 1/4 to leave Stoke during January with Hearts looking a string likelihood 

Someone knows something on this

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Wouldn’t be opposed to letting Lee go to Stoke as long as we get a good fee. Definitely a replaceable player. 

Stoke do have their EPL parachute payment 

14 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

You seem to have a rather confrontational style mate. People are allowed to express opinions. Most do it in a civilised manner 

Uhm... I thought it was pretty much in line with your style tbh? You post a lot of wee barbed comments, and enjoy the debate of holding a different view. The “transit” comment for example.

Sorry if I misjudged your style James. Thought you enjoyed the needle and ragged edge of the debate. In future I’ll try and massage your ego and not say anything that might make you feel like a victim of abuse.

We can all misjudge the thickness of the skin of those we correspond with. I just figured that since you love to be sarcy, wide, and bloody minded, that you would enjoy responses that acknowledge this MO. :(

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

The White Cockade

rather keep Olly than get Charlie Adam to be honest

Getting Charlie a couple of years back would have been a great move but don't

reckon there;s much left in the tank

having said that a loan for the rest of the season would help us push on in the second half of the season

but he's hardly one for the future

46 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Surprisingly I’d agree. He doesn’t have the pace to play some of the roles he has been asked to in recent games. Good though when just in behind strikers. 

40 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Charlie Adam 6/4(sky bet)and 13/8(coral) to sign with us before Feb 1st.

That just reflects a few Jambos placing bets. Nothing concrete in bookies odds on marginal interest bets 

If Stoke want Olly Lee then they can cough up a seven figure sum. Replacing him this window will cost money. Also, I like Lee and reckon once the injuries calm down he'll be back to what he was like early in the season. 

I’ve not really made my mind up on Olly Lee. He’s clearly got quality but has been average or anonymous probably more often than not this season but has also played a few blinders as well which shows he’s more than capable. 

Would like to see him more in an advanced position like he played v Hibs. I think when he’s fully focused on effecting the game further forward and not relied upon to defend he’s a better player for it. 

If Stoke are offering decent coin though then he’s replaceable but I’d rather keep him until the end of the season and see if he can become more consistent and we get the best out of him. 

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I agree. Hope he stays also.

At the start of the season with a fully fit team he could play more expressively and further forward and he was able to influence things better. With everyone recovering and him having more space and us being back on the front foot I think he will get this back and be important moving forward.

2 minutes ago, Insideout said:

Heard that Martin is staying put at Dunfermline but Keena has been recalled.

Makes sense , can always send him back out aswell. Possibly someone in the top league. Hes done reasonably well by all reports at Dunfermline who have failed to play to their potential behind him

Geoff the Mince
41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That just reflects a few Jambos placing bets. Nothing concrete in bookies odds on marginal interest bets 

Correct , stick £30 on him going to Killie and suddenly the odds would be short .

Geoff the Mince
10 minutes ago, Insideout said:

Heard that Martin is staying put at Dunfermline but Keena has been recalled.

It's not costing  Dunfermline any money . .we pay all of Martin's wage .

1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Uhm... I thought it was pretty much in line with your style tbh? You post a lot of wee barbed comments, and enjoy the debate of holding a different view. The “transit” comment for example.

Sorry if I misjudged your style James. Thought you enjoyed the needle and ragged edge of the debate. In future I’ll try and massage your ego and not say anything that might make you feel like a victim of abuse.

We can all misjudge the thickness of the skin of those we correspond with. I just figured that since you love to be sarcy, wide, and bloody minded, that you would enjoy responses that acknowledge this MO. :(

OK bud 

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Charlie Adam can't get a game for Stoke, but they want to sign Olly Lee? Are people being serious here?!

At first I thought it was a joke but it's too tragic to not be real... To them 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Charlie Adam can't get a game for Stoke, but they want to sign Olly Lee? Are people being serious here?!

Spot on. I want to see Lee playing with a full squad around him. If we can get Adam in as one of that squad fair enough but not by losing a young player who I feel hasn't reached his full potential yet at Tynecastle!

Geoff the Mince
5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

100%

33 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’ve not really made my mind up on Olly Lee. He’s clearly got quality but has been average or anonymous probably more often than not this season but has also played a few blinders as well which shows he’s more than capable. 

Would like to see him more in an advanced position like he played v Hibs. I think when he’s fully focused on effecting the game further forward and not relied upon to defend he’s a better player for it. 

If Stoke are offering decent coin though then he’s replaceable but I’d rather keep him until the end of the season and see if he can become more consistent and we get the best out of him. 

The Hibs game showed why alot of fans had wanted to see him further forward( for some time)and in advanced positions much earlier when we had the ball.

We needed to start using his strengths and that is striking the ball and being able to find space. 

When a player has a significant ability it’s wasteful to play him in areas he’s rarely going to use it. Lee hasn’t shown he’s one to run with the ball, he’s not really a pass picker either and while he didn’t do much wrong sitting further back, it all seemed too safe a role to me for him.

I still think he needs to do more when he gets the ball further from goal than shooting distance, but hopefully we continue to play him closer to the forward(s) and see him pick up those loose balls in the last 30 yards. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

£1,000,000 for Olly Lee...........

Stop it.

We were joking. Or rather praying Stoke like burning money

adambraejambo

I am sure Lee signed a 3 yr deal ? If someone wants him no  big deal they will have to match our value. Think we would be foolish to sell him though unless the  money was to  good to turn down. 

31 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

£1,000,000 for Olly Lee...........

Stop it.

I'm not saying Lee is worth that or good enough for Stoke but folk baulking at the idea should remember Wigan paid £1m for Kipre in the summer.

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

6/4 and 13/8 are probabilities of 40and 38 percent. 

Less likely in other words 

What I really meant was he's odds on to leave stoke and we are the favourites to sign him according to the bookies.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Agentjambo said:

What I really meant was he's odds on to leave stoke and we are the favourites to sign him according to the bookies.

There's a minimum of a 60% chance according to the bookmakers he won't sign for Hearts. That's what 6/4 really means .

85% equates to odds of 1/6

9 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

I am sure Lee signed a 3 yr deal ? If someone wants him no  big deal they will have to match our value. Think we would be foolish to sell him though unless the  money was to  good to turn down. 

Wouldn't sell any of the squad now the injured with additions are returning.that squad are the same people who shot us to the top of the league.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

Wouldn't sell any of the squad now the injured with additions are returning.that squad are the same people who shot us to the top of the league.

Wouldn't read too much into it. Thinking out loud type of day