Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Why? Stick to what you know. Jon McLaughlin and Jimmy Dunne I would say was excellent scouting

Keeping an eye on a former club or recruiting players you have worked with in the past isn't exactly casting a far and wide scouting network, in fact it's barely scouting at all. I'm in no way saying that Jon or Jimmy are bad signings, just not ones that have involved any real degree of scouting.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Ribble said:

Keeping an eye on a former club or recruiting players you have worked with in the past isn't exactly casting a far and wide scouting network, in fact it's barely scouting at all. I'm in no way saying that Jon or Jimmy are bad signings, just not ones that have involved any real degree of scouting.

End of the day, he has sourced players using his intelligence. Players he is looking for and whether that's watching former clubs or jumping on a plane to South America, ultimately he has found what he is looking for, so why spend a fortune?

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Yes, it was, as that was a snippet I was told,  I picked it up wrong thinking it was the last few days when in fact it was about a month ago....making me out to be full of shit,  we did enquire though.

Just like I said we were in contact with Darren Fletcher in the past which is also true (100% if folk want percentages ?)

If you don’t ask and all that!

Yip, folk don't get the interested or enquired part. 

If we don't sign said player you must be talking shite., apparently. 

It's not as if we'd enquire about players and then said players may then refuse our terms and then we look elsewhere. 

Every player we speak to, we sign. 

We don't speak to anyone else. 

That's how it works. 

?‍♂️

11 hours ago, smartinmaroon said:

Come on then misery guts, what intelligence have your family in Peterborough got on this lad then...?

They couldn’t believe that Wigan would be that stupid with the money they paid.

If you want a detailed dossier on him your wasting your time asking. Anyway it’s 

just an opinion by a Jambo family who love their football. I feel so happy today 

and i’m looking forward to the rest of the season from my changed seat in the 

Wheatfield.

10 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

No its not. It’s an absolute dump. 

Get out of here ya joker.  You’ll be slagging leith next :jiggy:

11 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Yes, it was, as that was a snippet I was told,  I picked it up wrong thinking it was the last few days when in fact it was about a month ago....making me out to be full of shit,  we did enquire though.

Just like I said we were in contact with Darren Fletcher in the past which is also true (100% if folk want percentages ?)

If you don’t ask and all that!

All of the above is/was correct. Fletcher still an option.

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, dazajmbo said:

All of the above is/was correct. Fletcher still an option.

Noticed he was wearing a Maroon shirt on MOTD last night. Interesting ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Greg Stewart has signed for Aberdeen.

Who is reporting that one?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A good signing for them. Would imagine he will not be used on the wing this time. Bit of pressure on all others to match that.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

They couldn’t believe that Wigan would be that stupid with the money they paid.

If you want a detailed dossier on him your wasting your time asking. Anyway it’s 

just an opinion by a Jambo family who love their football. I feel so happy today 

and i’m looking forward to the rest of the season from my changed seat in the 

Wheatfield.

Keep that sunny disposition Mitch, it suits you! ??

41 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Greg Stewart has signed for Aberdeen.

Didnt he have a loan spell at the dons and was pish so he signed on Loan at Killie 

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Didnt he have a loan spell at the dons and was pish so he signed on Loan at Killie 

That's correct but he is now going back there.

Birmingham terminated his loan at Killie so they could sell him, they are struggling for cash.

10 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Aberdeen played him on the wing whereas Kilmarnock played him up top. Made all the difference 

1 hour ago, Jim Weir said:

Thats like 5% off the dross thats been scouted and signed for us. For every Martin theres a kenny Anderson and every Oshaniwa there's paul mcallum staggering just how many poor players we've signed in the past 5 years 

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No sign of anything online about Greg Stewart. 

?

Same only reports Sunderland are set to scupper them for Stewart 

Depending if we had money available I would bid 150k for Stewart Birmingham want to recoup as much money as possible and reckon they would accept that 

27 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Olly Lee's old manger from Luton enquiring about him..

Doubt he would go for any less than 500k possibly more they are welcome to make a bid though ☺️

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Olly Lee's old manger from Luton enquiring about him..

Olly Lee to Stoke City? 

Beyond his level in my view 

the jambo poet
6 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Olly Lee to Stoke City? 

Beyond his level in my view 

I would tend to agree...Stoke are in a bad way though. I also believe they have an agreement in place that they cannot sign any Luton players in this window as part of the manager moving there. He may fancy some loyal lieutenants so to speak so maybe Olly could fit that bill.

3 minutes ago, the jambo poet said:

I would tend to agree...Stoke are in a bad way though. I also believe they have an agreement in place that they cannot sign any Luton players in this window as part of the manager moving there. He may fancy some loyal lieutenants so to speak so maybe Olly could fit that bill.

Olly Lee isn't going to get a game for Stoke FFS. 

the jambo poet
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

what part of I would tend to agree did you  not understand?

7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Championship is a real physical test. Can't see someone like Olly Lee doing much at a side with aspirations of returning to Premier League 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I’d take £400-500k for him though 

The guy is new and in a honeymoon period, if they removed Charlies wages they could offer us a 1 million! Drop in the ocean for them :)

Edited by Sir Gio

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You get more time on the ball in the Championship. 

Not against their next opponents they wont

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The guy is new and in a honeymoon period, if they removed Charlies wages they could offer us a 1 million! Drop in the ocean for them :)

They are in a mess but not stupid. He isn’t worth a million to anyone. 

They probably need to pay off Adam and Fletcher and clear out a few others as well to give their new manager a clean slate. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They probably need to pay off Adam and Fletcher and clear out a few others as well to give their new manager a clean slate. 

Thats the thought process from Scotland to England. If he was still at Luton , Stoke wouldn’t think twice about £1mil.

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

End of the day, he has sourced players using his intelligence. Players he is looking for and whether that's watching former clubs or jumping on a plane to South America, ultimately he has found what he is looking for, so why spend a fortune?

If you watch the STID documentary, it's clear that they had to change direction both on & off the pitch. Bringing in "known quantity" players seems to be paying off for them at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats the thought process from Scotland to England. If he was still at Luton , Stoke wouldn’t think twice about £1mil.

Agreed but he is in Scotland. 

Jones philosophy on football means many of his new squad don’t fit the bill. He needs to lose several players this month and bring others in. Not sure he can afford £1m for Lee. Adam, Williams, Crouch, Fletcher, and others all too old to build a new team around but those four are probably taking £10m a year out of the club. Expensive pay-offs on top of Rowetts staff pay-offs. They will be dealing heavily in the loan market until summer I think. 

1 hour ago, the jambo poet said:

what part of I would tend to agree did you  not understand?

The Stoke are in a bad way that they may want someone who is still finding his feet in this league? 

1 hour ago, Jim Weir said:

Championship is a real physical test. Can't see someone like Olly Lee doing much at a side with aspirations of returning to Premier League 

I agree.  They aren't going to sack a manager for not getting them near the top of the league then bring in a new manager and sign the likes of Lee!  The old Luton manager will get backed by the Coats family (pardon the pun) big time to get them back up. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, iainmac said:

If you watch the STID documentary, it's clear that they had to change direction both on & off the pitch. Bringing in "known quantity" players seems to be paying off for them at the moment. 

I did. Why I think what is being perceived as lazy  or unimaginative is in this case probably intelligent 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
26 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wigan have pissed some money away apparently. 

Never know your luck!!! War chest he might be kid in a sweet shop