Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Jenks said:

Berra joined Hearts because Celtic didn't come in for him. Berra was a Celtic fan. 

No, he came back because he said he would when he left for Wolves

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

No, he came back because he said he would when he left for Wolves

If Celtic offered him a deal when he left Wolves he would have went there. Trust me.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Jenks said:

If Celtic offered him a deal when he left Wolves he would have went there. Trust me.

Balls

7 minutes ago, Jenks said:

How do you know this?

Everybody Loves Baz!
1 hour ago, Geoff the Mince said:

100% we are maybe looking at someone .

Funny the first time you posted nonsense like this..

The 10th sly dig has become boring.

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

He's been sent back to Forest.  He would be a very good signing. 

Aye he's been tearing it up since leaving hibs. 

cummings will be emptied at Forest , O'neill will want his own players in....

cumdog will be back at E.R

1 hour ago, Jenks said:

I can tell u both celtic and rangers were interested in berra but as Christophe had made his money with wolves Ipswich etc money wasn't an issue also as Craig Levein brought Christophe to the club as a youngster he knew who he was working for rangers were a mess with no real vision or stable team Gerrard has improved that and celtic are the sort of team that would have him on the bench after a couple of bad games he was also offered to be captain if he came back which he is very proud to be. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Aye he's been tearing it up since leaving hibs. 

He's still a very good goalscorer if he screws the nut. 

2 hours ago, Roman1874 said:

Iv been told to expect a speedy winger in the next few days. Not speaking crap for once. 

Someone with speed.......in a Hearts side 

1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

cummings will be emptied at Forest , O'neill will want his own players in....

cumdog will be back at E.R

Absolute NAP

5 hours ago, I.T.K said:

I always thought he was a hibs fan and was about to sign for them. He wanted to think about it but they snatched his contract away and told him he was too small anyway..... he later signed for Hearts and made them pay at every opportunity. 

He wanted his brother or a family member who was at Rangers??? to check out the contract Hibs offered him before he signed it they said no chance is someone whos with another team seeing one of our contracts so he decided **** them rest is history. Source - Robbo on spfl matters 

22 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Someone with speed.......in a Hearts side 

Beslija was fast....

3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Cummings sent back to Forest because “off the field stuff” afftected him.

Got to assume this is connected to that incident when he trashed his flat whilst being filmed.

It’s only a matter of time before clubs have to employ a full time shrink to monitor their younger players off the field lifestyle and social media activity. Cummings is just another example of a brainless young footballer with too much ego and money who is going to screw up his career for the sake of trying be a big shot.

Clubs do social media training and give guidance already

Berra was 100% a Celtic fan growing up(source a member of his family who took him to Celtic games as a kid). He is definitely a hearts man now a days though. Most professional players follow teams they've played for and move away from teams they support as a child.

11 minutes ago, rick witter said:

We don’t sign fast players. 

Mulraney and Sow straight off the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Certainly devoid of them. Have been for bloody years 

And that includes the 'flying machine' that was Mirsad Beslija!

4 hours ago, Roman1874 said:

Iv been told to expect a speedy winger in the next few days. Not speaking crap for once. 

We have been  told that every transfer window since CL came back to the Club and still waiting.

4 hours ago, Roman1874 said:

Novikovas coming home?

53 minutes ago, sadj said:

He wanted his brother or a family member who was at Rangers??? to check out the contract Hibs offered him before he signed it they said no chance is someone whos with another team seeing one of our contracts so he decided **** them rest is history. Source - Robbo on spfl matters 

Chris.

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

And that includes the 'flying machine' that was Mirsad Beslija!

It does. He was a huge disappointment.  We've lacked pace for years. Why it's not been addressed is as infuriating as it is bewildering 

Driver was a real pace outlet. Especially on a big pitch. That's exactly what we were crying out for in the league cup semi final. Pace and intent. Mulraney has the former but not yet the latter. 

He's one I might be looking to loan out for second half of the season. Better getting 15 games or so at upper Championship side than intermittent chances in our first team 

15 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

It does. He was a huge disappointment.  We've lacked pace for years. Why it's not been addressed is as infuriating as it is bewildering 

Driver was a real pace outlet. Especially on a big pitch. That's exactly what we were crying out for in the league cup semi final. Pace and intent. Mulraney has the former but not yet the latter. 

He's one I might be looking to loan out for second half of the season. Better getting 15 games or so at upper Championship side than intermittent chances in our first team 

When you think of players like (as you say) Driver, Neil McCann, Bobby Prentice, Magic J etc. you wonder why nobody has noticed or remembered what a favourable impact speedy players can have on a side.  

5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

When you think of players like (as you say) Driver, Neil McCann, Bobby Prentice, Magic J etc. you wonder why nobody has noticed or remembered what a favourable impact speedy players can have on a side.  

We have had pacy players though. One or two really pacy and a fair few others who were above average speed for a professional footballer in this country.

Just now, Barack said:

New speed limits up there, now? I'll need to watch out when I'm up.

The speed limit up here used to be higher. It went out of fashion a bit in the late nineties. 

12 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

We have had pacy players though. One or two really pacy and a fair few others who were above average speed for a professional footballer in this country.

We've had very few quick players in the post Administration era 

Just now, Jim Weir said:

We've had very few quick players in the post Administration era 

Probably no more or less than any other club. The problem is finding the balance between fast and good. No point in signing an absolute flying machine, if he’s not that good at anything else. The wages that we can afford to offer tend to mean we can either sign really fast but not great or really good but not really fast. Then a whole glut of players who fall somewhere in between. The really fast and really good players can earn vastly more money at other clubs.

We can produce them, and we can get lucky on a fast and skilful player who has other issues like injuries or mental issues that have held them back, but the difference in what we can afford to pay compared to other leagues, stops us being able to get both on a regular basis.

Sow has a very fast turn of pace, and was very skilful, but his injury history made him a risk. Thankfully the risk paid off.

Carrick was one of our own.

Mulraney is very fast but he isn’t a world beater ability wise.

Plenty others who can shift, but don’t leave fire on the pitch when they do, but I’d rather have a good player who simply isn’t slow, than a speed machine who is shite.

21 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

What a signing that would be

Improved with age,would jump at the chance to come back read that in an interview last year.Think he has another year to run with a Polish club,pace and can certainly cross a ball.

Absolute Scenes
31 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

What a signing that would be

You hiring??! Please be hinting haha

id love wee novi back

4 hours ago, Jenks said:

Considering he came from Ipswich to Hearts not Wolves, the credibility of this post is already very low!

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Considering he came from Ipswich to Hearts not Wolves, the credibility of this post is already very low!

:lol: 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Maybe he meant he would have went to Celtic instead of Ipswich from Wolves? 

Just a guess

17 minutes ago, heartmussel said:

Improved with age,would jump at the chance to come back read that in an interview last year.Think he has another year to run with a Polish club,pace and can certainly cross a ball.

Just turned 28. He'd be a far better player now than the one who left. Type who provides genuine width - not someone utilised wide but a tendency to come into traffic. Good experience in Germany and Poland 

I'd certainly have him back and I'm not one who generally agrees with concept of signing former players 

Just turned 28. He'd be a far better player now than the one who left. Type who provides genuine width - not someone utilised wide but a tendency to come into traffic. Good experience in Germany and Poland 

I'd certainly have him back and I'm not one who generally agrees with concept of signing former players 

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

??

Just now, Jim Weir said:

You can say that again 

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

You can say that again 

Clearly improved with experience.  This was a guy who got loaned to St Johnstone and did nothing. Two clubs in Bundesliga 2 and now almost 1 in 3 for a very decent Polish side (Cillian Sheridan a teammate)

Almost 50 caps now 

chester copperpot
7 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Yes, Robbo came on the forum a few years ago as username Sally27 if I remember right.

done annhour of Q&A and shot down the myth of him being a hibs fan.

said his big brother took him to games now and again but he was a Liverpool fan growing up.

I never knew this. How to make me love someone more. I ****ing love Robbo even more which I never thought was possible

20 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Maybe he meant he would have went to Celtic instead of Ipswich from Wolves? 

Just a guess

What relevance would that have to us? He was never moving from Wolves to Hearts as at that point he was at the peak of his career and we simply could not have afforded him.