Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There's a minimum of a 60% chance according to the bookmakers he won't sign for Hearts. That's what 6/4 really means .

85% equates to odds of 1/6

I will be sure to remember this if the odds shorten..thanks.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

There's a minimum of a 60% chance according to the bookmakers he won't sign for Hearts. That's what 6/4 really means .

85% equates to odds of 1/6

Odds are about the relationship between the event, people's willingness to bet and profits of betting companies not the likelihood of something happening. 

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I will no doubt be in a pretty small minority here, but that’s nothing new on here. ?

I think Lee is a very good player indeed for us, and I don’t think it’s any coincidence that his form has almost exactly mirrored the availability of good forward players, who allow him to get forward and support them. The ball was ‘sticking’ earlier in the season, and he was playing well. Then when we lost Uche and Naismith, he was having to do work further back in the pitch and although he’s competent enough at that, you just don’t see his attacking attributes when he is forced to operate so deeply. With Dave arriving, Naismith back and Uche on his way, I think he’ll shine for the rest of the season.

Ho-hum. All about opinions though. ?

I agree with you

lot of thickos on here

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You don’t watch hearts

OK

I don't get the whole 'oh he's not good unless he's got good players around him' Argument. 

When we were struggling for goals, it was up to him to step up and help us. 

He didn't or couldn't. 

Edited by Top Corner

15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You don’t watch hearts

13 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

OK

I don't get the whole 'oh he's not good unless he's got good players around him' Argument. 

He didn't or couldn't. 

No, you don’t get it, that was correct. You should have probably stopped there. ?

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

OK

He didn't or couldn't. 

It was up to a centre mid to score goals for us???

as previously, you don’t watch hearts

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No, you don’t get it, that was correct. You should have probably stopped there. ?

Levein ended up dropping him. 

I get that. 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

It was up to a centre mid to score goals for us???

as previously, you don’t watch hearts

Aye, Since his main attribute is apparently attacking. As i said, he does have a good shot on him. He needs to use it more. 

Just now, Top Corner said:

I get that. 

“Ended up”? Nope, you’re still not getting things. ?

1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

Explain then. 

Shouldn’t have to. His last game was our last game. He ended up a first pick.

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Shouldn’t have to. His last game was our last game. He ended up a first pick.

Aye, it was a good goal, I don't think it was a great performance from him other than that. 

He was also subbed. You're also just ignoring most of his other games where he was largely anonymous. 

Absolute Scenes

Aye, it was a good goal, I don't think it was a great performance from him other than that. 

He was also subbed. You're also just ignoring most of his other games where he was largely anonymous. 

Utter tripe

give evidence of him being anonymous other than he didn’t score goals. He is not an attacking midfielder he is a centre mid. He has been doing his job, the whole team wasn’t performing well under our injury crisis not just him, and I think he has done more than enough to redeem himself from the last game.

You aren’t allowed a critique unless it’s positive bud. Even if it’s not negative and detailing flaws while still appreciating a player , you’ll still get flak.

Get to know the posters who are correct all the time and you’ll get along just fine on here. 

Just now, Top Corner said:

Hes been a first pick virtually all season, and done well, except for a short period where he was dropped from his starting place for a few games. He was then reinstated for our last two games before the winter break. We won our last two games. 

He never “ended up getting dropped”.

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Utter tripe

give evidence of him being anonymous other than he didn’t score goals. He is not an attacking midfielder he is a centre mid. He has been doing his job, the whole team wasn’t performing well under our injury crisis not just him, and I think he has done more than enough to redeem himself from the last game.

Nah. I'm not having it. He's a 6/10 player all day long. I'll give him 7/10 for the Hibs game. 

If he can improve on that, fair do's. He's still young, but if someone offers 1 million for him, I'd take it and chance my luck with a few add ons. 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

You aren’t allowed a critique unless it’s positive bud. Even if it’s not negative and detailing flaws while still appreciating a player , you’ll still get flak.

Get to know the posters who are correct all the time and you’ll get along just fine on here. 

Well that’s not true is it?

He had said all Lee had done was score a good goal - that’s not appreciating a player and discussing their flaws is it? That’s being negative about a player who doesn’t deserve it. Take your agenda elsewhere

Absolute Scenes

Nah. I'm not having it. He's a 6/10 player all day long. I'll give him 7/10 for the Hibs game. 

If he can improve on that, fair do's. He's still young, but if someone offers 1 million for him, I'd take it and chance my luck with a few add ons. 

Obviously,  1 million is what I’d be looking for minimum for any starting player on a 3 year deal.

we’ll have to agree to disagree on his ratings as I’ve seen a lot more positives in his play that just a 6/10 all day long

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Or maybe you just think you are some sort of football oracle, when in fact you are pretty cliched with a massively overestimated opinion of your knowledge on the game. You don’t half talk some utter shite sometimes. :rofl:

You used to be a reasonable poster, I lost track of when your opinion of yourself vastly outgrew your actual insight, but it’s been a fair few months now at least. ? 

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Well that’s not true is it?

He had said all Lee had done was score a good goal - that’s not appreciating a player and discussing their flaws is it? That’s being negative about a player who doesn’t deserve it. Take your agenda elsewhere

He had a few good moments, He also had a few bad. Overall it was a better performance than usual and is something to build on. 

All i'm saying is, i don't rate him that highly and i would take the money for him if it meant getting someone else in with a bit more confidence and ability. 

22 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I get that. 

Mate - you're not getting the rule of the jungle here. What some posters say goes. Lee is magic, Milinkovic was a world beater and Jamie Walker is the devil incarnate 

2 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Mate - you're not getting the rule of the jungle here. What some posters say goes. Lee is magic, Milinkovic was a world beater and Jamie Walker is the devil incarnate 

This.  

Would like to see Walker back next season BTW.

Edited by jambogemz

2 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Haha. 

Jamie walker is 2 Olly Lees. 

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Heard this before somewhere...

5 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

correct Jim, strange bunch

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

so any news on any transfers?

Nut,  What we've got is good enough. We don't need anyone else ?

49 minutes ago, bazman said:

A35D87CE-338E-4D8F-B66E-83A316AA7050.png

Adam is pally with the Fleetwood owners. If inclined, my money would be there. Never say never tho.

As for the Fletcher chat again (sorry Daza - you’re a good poster but it’s not going to happen regardless if we have spoken to him!)........

:jj_facepalm:

Christ on a bike, I come into this thread to see if there’s any update to this (what seems) plausible loan deal for the Wigan player (not him, Lopes) and I see a bunch of people arguing about Lee going to Stoke because as far as I can see people joked about it. And people STILL going on about Charlie Adam when Levein himself said he won’t sign. Still 17 days of this nonsense to go for crying out loud.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Pretty decent, thanks for asking. 

You?

Long day at work, another 6 hours easy to go.

1 minute ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Long day at work, another 6 hours easy to go.

I’m sure the gentle banter of Kickback will make those hours fly by. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Odds are about the relationship between the event, people's willingness to bet and profits of betting companies not the likelihood of something happening. 

Incorrect and correct. Pari Mutuel and the whole logic of bookmaking is based on probability. 

Of course that probability is based on opinion which of course can be distorted 

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Incorrect and correct. Pari Mutuel and the whole logic of bookmaking is based on probability. 

Of course that probability is based on opinion which of course can be distorted 

Image result for scratching head gif confused