Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, maroon said:

Btw it was Livingston who sent Burns back. Deemed not quick enough going forward or strong enough at the back. IMO harsh as hes only 19 

Do you have a source for that? I had a search and couldn't find anything online, and as he's been called up to NI squad for the first time due to his performances, it seems contrary to how well I thought he was doing at Livi. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Do you have a source for that? I had a search and couldn't find anything online, and as he's been called up to NI squad for the first time due to his performances, it seems contrary to how well I thought he was doing at Livi. 

Agree with u on this burns is highly rated by O'Neil and mcphee anyway not sure about us but certain players develop quicker than others everyone thought cochrane would play far more this season look how that turned out? 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Agree with u on this burns is highly rated by O'Neil and mcphee anyway not sure about us but certain players develop quicker than others everyone thought cochrane would play far more this season look how that turned out? 

Yeah. Cochrane has mostly been injured. 

Not sure if mentioned else where, but I've just been told by someone who knows folk at Dundee Utd and Hearts that a deal has been agreed with Leeds for us to get shaughnausy and £2.5m for Souttar at the end of the season (if we want to keep him after his loan)

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Not sure if mentioned else where, but I've just been told by someone who knows folk at Dundee Utd and Hearts that a deal has been agreed with Leeds for us to get shaughnausy and £2.5m for Souttar at the end of the season (if we want to keep him after his loan)

It has been yes. It's a rumour that makes more sense than most on here

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ah right, cool, I tried to look but as no one seems to stay on topic it's hardnto tell where this info might be ?

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

4 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Ah right, cool, I tried to look but as no one seems to stay on topic it's hardnto tell where this info might be ?

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Yeah from livi, wonder what we'll do with him. Can we ship him on loan again or has he already played for us this season

17 minutes ago, maroon said:

Yeah from livi, wonder what we'll do with him. Can we ship him on loan again or has he already played for us this season

He played in the cup early on in the season....started against Cove, and Raith.

Edited by cb1874

If we are adding anything else it has to be a winger with some pace about them. We don't need another centre midfielder. Particularly not a 33 year old who has barely played and doesn't exactly look after himself at the best of times.

CA has averaged around 30 games a season for the last 10 years.......a wonderful achievement for someone who hasn’t looked after themselve.

BackOfTheNet

I think I’m with others that we could’ve seen the last of the incoming business. Unless an opportunity to sign someone for the future crops up like Wighton at the end of the last window.

6 hours ago, Gav M said:

Appreciate we can only take what’s offered but I’d be disappointed if we couldn’t squeeze more than £2.5m out of the English market for JS. Unless of course Shaughnessy became a world beater. 

Levein isn’t sure as yet if that will be the end of business at Tynecastle in the current transfer window. Chances are he could enter the market again before January is over, although he is not making any definite plans. “I don’t know. That might depend on who is going out,” he said. “There are a few things that may happen on that front. It is quite early in the window to say we are definitely done as things happen in the window.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/he-s-different-craig-levein-lifts-lid-on-why-he-signed-david-vanecek-for-hearts-1-4853473

8 hours ago, maroon said:

Btw it was Livingston who sent Burns back. Deemed not quick enough going forward or strong enough at the back. IMO harsh as hes only 19 

I can assure you it wasn't. I know the management team at Livi thought very highly of Bobby. They were on a good run when he arrived and then set off for international duty so it took a while to get going. But he wasn't sent back and they'd would've liked to have kept him. 

47 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if we went back in for Jason Kerr and Chris Cadden (pre-contract).

My thoughts too. 

I'd take Michael O'Halloran. Good bit of pace and could be very incentivised to make an impact between now and the end of the season. Cadden and Kerr would be good shouts too. 

1 hour ago, bazman said:

Levein isn’t sure as yet if that will be the end of business at Tynecastle in the current transfer window. Chances are he could enter the market again before January is over, although he is not making any definite plans. “I don’t know. That might depend on who is going out,” he said. “There are a few things that may happen on that front. It is quite early in the window to say we are definitely done as things happen in the window.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/he-s-different-craig-levein-lifts-lid-on-why-he-signed-david-vanecek-for-hearts-1-4853473

That MIGHT depend on who is going out!

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, E3OBE said:

If we are adding anything else it has to be a winger with some pace about them. We don't need another centre midfielder. Particularly not a 33 year old who has barely played and doesn't exactly look after himself at the best of times.

7 hours ago, DH1986 said:

CA has averaged around 30 games a season for the last 10 years.......a wonderful achievement for someone who hasn’t looked after themselve.

:glorious:

9 hours ago, MrB1to4 said:

I can assure you it wasn't. I know the management team at Livi thought very highly of Bobby. They were on a good run when he arrived and then set off for international duty so it took a while to get going. But he wasn't sent back and they'd would've liked to have kept him. 

He wasn't a regular though 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think Cadden on a pre-contract, is going to happen.

If we can get Cadden in now, with Bobby Burns we have options on the flanks, though not much pace 

9 hours ago, MrB1to4 said:

Thats what I heard ... even heard Derek Fereguson on Radio Scotland after a Livingston match mention that he was a player that helped make Livingstones system "work".  .

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Bozi said:

If we can get Cadden in now, with Bobby Burns we have options on the flanks, though not much pace 

Cadden is out for another couple of months. Pre-contract is probably the way to go

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Just a hunch. Based on we've actively been enquiring after him, for at least two windows.

Djoum leaving (allegedly), frees up a role also. 

Hope ur hunch is right 

Thought we had gave up on trying to get him due to previous failed attempts hence my question 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just a hunch. Based on we've actively been enquiring after him, for at least two windows.

Djoum leaving (allegedly), frees up a role also. 

In the paper today saying Vanecek needs fed crosses, Mulraney is not a crosser, the extremely poor man, beyond poor, Raheem Sterling style of winger, which only leaves Morrison as wing man to sling them in. Full backs are decent at crossing too, but an area we need to add to. Should certainly be high on our list anyhow

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think Garruccio is going to be getting an extra work out. 

If he's upfront with Uche...and I expect it'll be the trio of them & Naisy floating about, then Uche will free up a bit of room in the box too. 

But, a fit Cadden, playing in the role I think we mostly know him for receiving plaudits, would be a great signing.

Concur fully. Bit boring that, meant to argue a bit eh

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, E3OBE said:

14 appearances since summer 2017. Not all starts. #glorious

Aye, because if he was still playing 30+ games we'd have a sniff? 

Ofc he's played less, he's out of favour, hence why he may move to us. 

We aren't going to get a Berra, Naismith, Lafferty, Adam etc in their peak from a team paying 3-8 times what we can. 

Engage your grey matter. 

The only reason this is being discussed is that a player who has been at a high level for ten years is now playing less and my drop down a level to play regularly again or for personal reasons. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think Garruccio is going to be getting an extra work out. 

If he's upfront with Uche...and I expect it'll be the trio of them & Naisy floating about, then Uche will free up a bit of room in the box too. 

But, a fit Cadden, playing in the role I think we mostly know him for receiving plaudits, would be a great signing.

Tbh, the best work we could do would be for 6 months time. 

Naismith pre contract 

Smith extension. 

Souttar a year extension 

Berra an extension 

Cadden pre contract 

Would be delighted if nothing else happened but this or part of this happened. 

35 minutes ago, Colin Sked said:

Thats what I heard ... even heard Derek Fereguson on Radio Scotland after a Livingston match mention that he was a player that helped make Livingstones system "work".  .

The system worked without him as well.  They scored 5 against us.

3 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Naismith pre contract 

Smith extension. 

Souttar a year extension 

Berra an extension 

Cadden pre contract 

Bit nervous about souttar and naisy at the moment 

would love if they both committed sooner rather than later

ur right though - tying up our current best players is more important than spending time and money in the transfer market  

from the Daily record but just saw this.

Hearts are set to run the rule over Spanish striker Alhagi Touray.

The 19-year-old plays for Catalan third-tier Group 4 side Santvicenti.

Touray has joined the capital club for a trial spell at their week-long Spanish training camp on the outskirts of Murcia.

The teenager is currently the league’s top scorer, netting 20 goals in his last 16 games

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Naismith pre contract 

Smith extension. 

Souttar a year extension 

Berra an extension 

Cadden pre contract 

100% this.

9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Is the third division in Spain comparable to league 1 in England? Or is it closer to conference? 

I think the Spanish 3rd Division is regionalised and is probably Highland League at best.

rudi must stay
9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Is the third division in Spain comparable to league 1 in England? Or is it closer to conference? 

It's probably one of the worst leagues anywhere. Spanish football isn't awash with cash apart from a few teams

Naismith pre contract 

Smith extension. 

Souttar a year extension 

Berra an extension 

Cadden pre contract 

Would like to see extensions for Haring, Uche and Dikamona as well, if we can do all of that then I'd be happy even with no additional signings

He doesn't play in the Spanish 3rd division -  he plays in the Catalan 3rd division. So something like Tier 6.

Edit: Tier 7 actually.

Edited by DC_92

Absolute Scenes

Naismith pre contract 

Smith extension. 

Souttar a year extension 

Berra an extension 

Cadden pre contract 

Agree that would be great

but don’t think we need to worry about Berra, I’m sure he said he wants to end his career with us 

7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

What do you know about the player?

Nothing, as do Hearts I'd imagine. Probs been offered him by an agent who seen we were training nearby.