Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Doesn't hurt to look at the Spanish lad, Nacho Novo joined Raith from a Spanish third level team and played all his best football in Scotland.

Gems are there to be found if you look hard enough. Just look at Vardy. ??

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Another rough diamond like Kostadinov, Rapnik, Copil and goodness knows how many others, do we never learn.

Well you never do that's for sure

58 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Vanecek

That's what I thought, but assumed I was I imagining it based on the comments to the tweet :D should have known better than to believe daft Twitter replies!!

He's on trial and folk are complaining about it ?

Nothing wrong with seeing if the lad can step it up a bit. Hardly going to cost us.

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

He's on trial and folk are complaining about it ?

Nothing wrong with seeing if the lad can step it up a bit. Hardly going to cost us.

Don't be stupid. Lets use it as an excuse to have a go at the club instead ?

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Don't be stupid. Lets use it as an excuse to have a go at the club instead ?

Silly me ?

:spoton:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Adao would be a cracking signing. Played poorly after injury because he was rushed back. 

If we replace Djoum with Adao we'd be going backwards. 

Haring is far better in that role than Adao. 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Adao would be a cracking signing. Played poorly after injury because he was rushed back. 

That ship has sailed. Haring is far more level headed 

Maroonblood22

The same folk that complain about us taking a look at this lad will be the same folk that complain about how we don't find the Boyce's and Moult's of this world before it's too late!  

chester copperpot
10 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Another rough diamond like Kostadinov, Rapnik, Copil and goodness knows how many others, do we never learn.

In a world of daft quotes, this is up there with the best.

You really are clueless about how football works huh? 

The Future's Maroon

Can’t believe folk are moaning about us giving a young lad a trial, same ones moaning about us going for older players (Adam) I presume.

The club can’t win with no matter what it does, always has to be some out with the pitchfork mentality, scary stuff at times.

I can absolutely believe that there are people on here who’re angry over taking a teenager on trial to see if he’s any good while we’re in the area. 

Because some folk are just never happy. 

54 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I can absolutely believe that there are people on here who’re angry over taking a teenager on trial to see if he’s any good while we’re in the area. 

Because some folk are just never happy. 

They’re just moaners. Results have improved so they can’t moan about that so they turn their negative energy to moaning about trialists and investment in the women’s team. ?

3 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Must admit I didn't know there was a Catalan 3rd tier. 

Never understood the Spanish league system or wether a catalan league is separate from the Spanish which has 

La Liga

Liga B

Segunda division B which consists of another 80 teams split into 4 leagues off 20 

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

IMG_20190109_223201.jpg

You see him with 2 shots in the Hearts in spain training video. Week efforts that the keeper saves. 

Vanacek scores and i think it's Clare with a cracking finish. 

Edited by Top Corner

12 hours ago, Tazio said:

Doesn't hurt to look at the Spanish lad, Nacho Novo joined Raith from a Spanish third level team and played all his best football in Scotland.

Lots on here suggesting we should jump in at a couple of hundred thousand pounds for the lower league  guy Ayr/Airdrie who is scoring at a similar rate, not me though.

15 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

You have to pan a lot of grit to get the odd fleck of Gold. Sorry for changing metaphors. 

2 hours ago, Top Corner said:

You see him with 2 shots in the Hearts in spain training video. Week efforts that the keeper saves. 

Vanacek scores and i think it's Clare with a cracking finish. 

He must be shite if he takes a week to get a shot away.

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, chazza74 said:

If Djoum leaves I’d like to see us go back to Sion for Adao, I thought the guy looked quality.

Definitely, Haring and Lee let guys run in behind them even after they’ve been warned about it as witnessed in the St Johnstone home game.

Gary Mackay-Steven in talks with NYCFC atm. I doubt we’d be able to compete with them for wages, even if we were looking at him. 

That said, I imagine getting to live in New York is one hell of a pull for anyone. 

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. Couple of nice big rivers if the erse fancies another midnight swim...

:phface:

For his sake I hope he remembers his arm bands. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The last guy they fished out of the Hudson didn't have arm bands, but concrete boots. Schoolboy error, air bubbles in the boots ensured the lad washed up near Coney Island

20 hours ago, chazza74 said:

If Djoum leaves I’d like to see us go back to Sion for Adao, I thought the guy looked quality.

The current crop of Scottish referees will be rubbing their hands at this prospect! 

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

The current crop of Scottish referees will be rubbing their hands at this prospect! 

Is that a red card in your pocket or are you just happy to see Adao?

Just now, Robbie1902 said:

Been told by a reliable source that us and hibs are both interested in Greg Stewart

Very good player. He was effectively utilised by Clarke whereas he wasn't by McInnes. Watched the highlights of their game against Dundee over the festive period. Ripped the pish out of the Dundee fullback on way to laying one on a plate for Brophy ala Chris Waddle style 

He needs to be central to what you do though. No point shelling it and asking him to compete because it's not his game 

Unlikely to see him in a Hearts shirt imo 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Did your source tell you he's been recalled to Birmingham?

That would need to happen first if he is going somewhere else I think. Could be the wide player we are after. 

Edited by soonbe110

2 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Very good player. He was effectively utilised by Clarke whereas he wasn't by McInnes. Watched the highlights of their game against Dundee over the festive period. Ripped the pish out of the Dundee fullback on way to laying one on a plate for Brophy ala Chris Waddle style 

He needs to be central to what you do though. No point shelling it and asking him to compete because it's not his game 

Unlikely to see him in a Hearts shirt imo 

We have just signed a target man. Stewart is precisely the sort of player we would want to provide for him.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

He won't be coming to us. Or Hibs.

Bookmark it, & laugh at me uproariously, if he turns up at the end of this month, in either maroon, or shitey bottle-green.

Only six months left on contract so unlikely that Brum are going to play him. Somebody has obviously offered some money for him. Who do you think it is given you ‘know’ it isn’t us or Hibs. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Re Stewart

Birmingham  under embargo I think, brought back to beef up numbers. He has played better for Kilmarnock coming off the strikers rather than being a winger as such. If Naismith were to leave a player we should be taking into consideration I would have thought for 19/20

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Only six months left on contract so unlikely that Brum are going to play him. Somebody has obviously offered some money for him. Who do you think it is given you ‘know’ it isn’t us or Hibs. 

There is some chat about Sunderland.

Though every player seems to be linked to them.

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rangers ??

56 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

We have just signed a target man. Stewart is precisely the sort of player we would want to provide for him.

Should be. Personally I don't see him as a Levein type player 

We could be doing with a bit of craft and guile 

1 minute ago, Jim Weir said:

Should be. Personally I don't see him as a Levein type player 

We could be doing with a bit of craft and guile 

Why would he not be a Levein type player? Levein has always signed, nurtured and valued that kind of player. Numerous examples throughout his time as Hearts manager.

Stewart would be a great signing. 

I suspect he’ll be on a list to approach regarding a pre-contract if he isn’t sold on this month by Birmingham. 

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Why would he not be a Levein type player? Levein has always signed, nurtured and valued that kind of player. Numerous examples throughout his time as Hearts manager.

Just don't see him in a Hearts side. I could see Cadden is someone he'd go for. Money on offer in England could make that tricky 

52 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's been recalled to be sold by Birmingham.

With...shock horror...Jack Ross' Scottish scouting network at Sunderland, rumoured to be interested. Monk has triggered a clause in his contract.

Hibs haven't the money to sign outright, & neither do we, & pay the wages he's getting in England.

I don't "know" however, i'm merely using common reasoning, & reading the facts from various sources. Rather than my anonymous "reliable sources", that only seems to know about one Hearts signing & not others.

There's at least 3 people on here who have genuine itk info. When they appear & we fork out close to 10k a week on his wages...I'll say sorry.

Might as well say we've an 85% chance, and be done with it...

Might be loaning him out again.

1 minute ago, Jim Weir said:

Just don't see him in a Hearts side. I could see Cadden is someone he'd go for. Money on offer in England could make that tricky 

I think Stewart would be trickier than Cadden, money being the main problem there too. I think Stewart will have better offers financially than Hearts, but I see Stewart as an absolute identikit fit for the way we will be looking to play with Uche and Dave as our two main centreforward options.

7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I think Stewart would be trickier than Cadden, money being the main problem there too. I think Stewart will have better offers financially than Hearts, but I see Stewart as an absolute identikit fit for the way we will be looking to play with Uche and Dave as our two main centreforward options.

True. Years ago we would have got guys like Cadden - See Cameron/McCann/Weir etc. Nowadays any decent young(ish) player in Scotland tends to go south 

Aberdeen are probably exception in recent times with Shinnie & GMS. Hibs with McGinn too I suppose. We have tended to try and go to cheaper markets in Europe, although Uche and Lee were a welcome focus on English market in the summer 

Remains to be seen what our preferred approach will be. If Levein prefers a back 3 and wants wide service for Vanecek (and presumably Uche when fit) it places a heavy emphasis on RWB & LWB given Naismith would most likely play as a 10 off a front two with two central mids. 

If we go with a back 4 then the 2 wide areas are very much up for grabs. Does he then play Naismith from left or does he fill left and right midfield with possible recruits and play Naismith off one of Uche or Vanecek 

Looking forward to remainder of the season. What we've seen this season to date might not be what we see going forward in terms of approach 

rudi must stay

Stewart's a good player. Would be a very good signing right now, you could play him where Sean Clare plays. I like him btw but that's football, he has been poor so far despite his many chances