Hearts Transfer window ( merged )

cb1874

4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Nothing, as do Hearts I'd imagine. Probs been offered him by an agent who seen we were training nearby.

I think this is more than likely the case. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• sadj

If the lad is only 19 and playing part time he wouldn't exactly be expensive, decent scoring rate as well, if he impresses I imagine he'd go straight into the development squad or out on loan 

All the big money is made on finding or developing players before someone else finds them. 

Success rate can be low but it yields a big return when you strike gold.

12 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Nothing, as do Hearts I'd imagine. Probs been offered him by an agent who seen we were training nearby.

Might be 2+2=5 but the young lads club are in partnership with Espanyol and an academy in India, might have been through McPhee's work out there in the summer that the guy has been suggested?

Governor Tarkin
On 30/12/2018 at 23:59, Ray Gin said:

I like to think that Mr Levein is specifically targeting Republic of Ireland players purely to noise up the undesirable Billy Boys element of our support. 

:leveinproblem:

:seething:

48 minutes ago, Bauld said:

All the big money is made on finding or developing players before someone else finds them. 

Success rate can be low but it yields a big return when you strike gold.

Definitely. 

It's all about finding the top young talent before the top dogs do. If we do it properly we could make a fortune. And of course be a successful football team along the way.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Not easy to find searching. Suspect its proper Spanish waiter standard :whistling:

Well the last 'Spanish waiter' did not too bad in a Scottish Cup final :thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Well the last 'Spanish waiter' did not too bad in a Scottish Cup final :thumbsup:

Que :)

13 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

No harm having a look, you never know. We must keep trying to uncover talent.

And why not....at the same age Jamie Vardy was playing in the 8th tier of English Football...it's worth a look and is probably costing us the price of a bed for a few nights, some meals and Gordon finding some kit for the boy...

10 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

And why not....at the same age Jamie Vardy was playing in the 8th tier of English Football...it's worth a look and is probably costing us the price of a bed for a few nights, some meals and Gordon finding some kit for the boy...

This.

30 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Beat me to it !

Are some people just born negative ?

22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I'm sure we were linked with this guy previously. The name rings a bell.

He played for us for 6 months and started two games in the league so I’d imagine we were linked with him ?

Let the trialist keep the kit, so there's a boy cutting about Catalonia in a Hearts tracksuit at the very least.

On another note, I see Jack Hendry is available for loan. Hopefully he's Ambrose's replacement down there.

NaturalOrder74

I think these sort of players are always worth a punt, but remember that superstar 'Bikey' what even happened to him lol

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Who scouts these guys? Catalan 3rd tier... wow

They are only taking a gander at him, and he is only nineteen years old. Seriously, how can you find something to complain about in that? I’m just glad we bother having a wee deeek at what is kicking about, whilst we are over there. ?

rudi must stay
12 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I think these sort of players are always worth a punt, but remember that superstar 'Bikey' what even happened to him lol

Bikey was a signing Cathro just couldn't make (in the second division scoring a few goals). But it just showed the arrogance of him, he even put him in the first team. He is playing in Cyprus in the First Division, only 6 times though, no goals

The Apprentice
42 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Beat me to it !

Are some people just born negative ?

Can't get my head around why people are so against the idea. There is absolutely nothing to lose from having the lad in training for a couple of days.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Would like to see extensions for Haring, Uche and Dikamona as well, if we can do all of that then I'd be happy even with no additional signings

Yip, although Dikamona is a ten a penny centre half. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
26 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip, although Dikamona is a ten a penny centre half. 

Was an awful lot more than that at Easter road, was outstanding and done what not many do by playing through the pain

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Was an awful lot more than that at Easter road, was outstanding and done what not many do by playing through the pain

Stop gap, thinks that what he is, his CV shows  this. Will have good games and bad games, if stays great, if goes he'll be easily replaced. 

30 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Dikamona is turning into one of my favourites. 

jamboinglasgow

As others have said, nothing wrong with taking him in for a trial while we are out there. 19 is a good age that he can still can be developed as part of the reserve team and have time to reach the right level. That amount of goals to games suggests he is much better than the league he is in, so question is what level can he go to. If we look at him and he is not good enough then we can thank him for his time and move on.

My hunch based on previous trials is that this week is all we will hear of him but would love if he turned out a rough diamond we had discovered.

Another rough diamond like Kostadinov, Rapnik, Copil and goodness knows how many others, do we never learn.

Edited by Lfhearts

5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Another rough diamond like Kostadinov, Rapnik, Copil and goodness knows how many others, do we never learn.

Totally agree. 

Why take a young player on trial for a week, what a waste of time ? 

Have a word. 

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

So we should never attempt to sign a promising young player ever because it has not worked out at times in the past?

Can I ask under what username you used to post under, because you seem to follow me around on here and quite clearly not like my opionons and earlier referred to me as Jig, something I haven't been referred to for a whole (certainly before it says you joined kickback.)

5 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

What ever happened to Dylan Bikey?

Went back to Stirling on loan fairly quickly

then signed for someone in Cyprus I think

29 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

At least 2 of them if not all 3 were very highly rated young players at the time. 

This guy appears to be unheard off (outwith his local environment) so nothing like those you mention. 

Dave McCreery's knee
37 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Who is the “we” you refer to? None of the current football or club management had any part in signing the players you name. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, chazza74 said:

If Djoum leaves I’d like to see us go back to Sion for Adao, I thought the guy looked quality.

I did too but we need more of a creative spark in there for me

1 hour ago, chazza74 said:

If Djoum leaves I’d like to see us go back to Sion for Adao, I thought the guy looked quality.

Great Post ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Adao was shit after the first couple of games. 

Lucky he didn't sell the jerseys in the final derby. We  need better than him. Haring is just fine in that role 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Lucky he didn't sell the jerseys in the final derby. We  need better than him. Haring is just fine in that role 

:spoton:

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Lucky he didn't get more red cards than he did, watched him challenge through your fingers

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So we should never attempt to sign a promising young player ever because it has not worked out at times in the past?

Can I ask under what username you used to post under, because you seem to follow me around on here and quite clearly not like my opionons and earlier referred to me as Jig, something I haven't been referred to for a whole (certainly before it says you joined kickback.)

My guess was ESCOBAR PHM.

If we sign Touray we can sing the bit from Dexy's Midnight Runners Come On Eileen, toorye toorye toorye toorye ay........I'll get my coat 

Doesn't hurt to look at the Spanish lad, Nacho Novo joined Raith from a Spanish third level team and played all his best football in Scotland.