Levein is not the answer mk2 ( merged )

Hood09

18 minutes ago, Rambo1874 said:

1 win in 10. 4 goals for. 22 against. Including a 5-0 drubbing from Livi! 

A total capitulation in the semi final in front of 30k Hearts fans. 

A manager openly admitting he doesn’t know how to get the team scoring goals and winning games!

A derby coming up at a venue we’ve not won at in 5 years

Unable to win away at our competitors. 

Unable to win in Glasgow. 

Terrible historic cup record, never having looked likely to reach a cup final never mind win a trophy. 

Huge sums of money spent on tens of players that are not good enough. 

Poor goalkeepers, still no reliable LB! No backup for a player deemed vital to our preferred style of play. No width, pace or creativity. Boring, brutal football to watch that even lacks workrate and aggression. 

Have injuries effected things? Aye. Should a manager of the 3rd biggest club in the country, with all  the advantages and resources at his disposal that entails, be expected to of done better than 1 win in 10 and 4 goals (2 of which were own goals)? Too right! People criticised and accused of being desperate for the club to fail because they’re pointing out that it’s not good enough and that, coupled with historic facts and the performance on the field over a number of years, have decided that enough is enough. 

A relationship between owner and manager that in football terms is far too close. There is no accountability. There will always be excuses. Too many fans happy to accept them because they can rightly see improved infrastructure. Thanks for putting that in place but new blood is needed at first team level and the whole football department needs emptied. We are going nowhere under this setup. 

You should cease caring for your own heath.

The rest of us will keep supporting the club until you're ready to come back (*)

(*)  when a better spell of results make all the boo-hoos go away.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Phil Dunphy

• Bull's-eye

• Pasquale for King

CL is a good Hearts man, but even our injury ravaged side (is there something wrong with our training, that makes our players so susceptible to injuries) is better than what Locke or McGlynn had to work with. Never in a million years would Locke or McGlynn  get the same backing after such a run.  Certainly not after a hammering from Livingston, who should not be hammering us, even with a few second choice players in our line up.  

As I said, CL is a good Hearts man (but so am I), and we are not at sacking stage yet, but this refusal to question or criticise by some is bizarre, in my opinion.  It is a blinkered attitude, and a loser’s one. 

John mcCartney
43 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is a proper tears and snotters tantrum.  Complete bollocks too.  Time to dry your eyes.

usual retorts from the usual bleeding suspects

realists 1 loyalists 0

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Nonsense, for example Malaury Martin played one game then got shipped out, not injured. Sammon one game then shipped out.

What about the ones who left in January and the ones who came in? All injured?

If Levein said it then it would have been hyperbole and not intended to be taken literally.

Martin was injured a fair bit last season by his own admission on social media , what part of all of them were injured at some point wasn’t clear enough? It could be as little as they maybe missed one game? The average is 70%, 25 of a 35 man squad. Why do you think we played 42 players in the first place. So Levein lied then? 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Markymark said:

My desperation first and foremost is to see Hearts get back to winning games. 

Second to that is to rid the system that allows so much power to a single man who has demonstrated year after year he has no accountability whatsoever when things go wrong. 

We are a breeding ground for pretty average footballers and coaches to develop with no end target or timelines to achieve. 

Well put ??

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Paolo said:

CL is a good Hearts man, but even our injury ravaged side (is there something wrong with our training, that makes our players so susceptible to injuries) is better than what Locke or McGlynn had to work with. Never in a million years would Locke or McGlynn  get the same backing after such a run.  Certainly not after a hammering from Livingston, who should not be hammering us, even with a few second choice players in our line up.  

As I said, CL is a good Hearts man (but so am I), and we are not at sacking stage yet, but this refusal to question or criticise by some is bizarre, in my opinion.  It is a blinkered attitude, and a loser’s one. 

I don’t think anyone questions his commitment and his feelings for the club, we can and will questions his methods and results. As you say most folk don’t want to ask questions, especially about our horrific and above average injury list that’s all bad luck apparently.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Martin was injured a fair bit last season by his own admission on social media , what part of all of them were injured at some point wasn’t clear enough? It could be as little as they maybe missed one game? The average is 70%, 25 of a 35 man squad. Why do you think we played 42 players in the first place. So Levein lied then? 

Hyperbole.

Let's humour you though, all these players who missed as little as one game, you think that is down to our training methods?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think anyone questions his commitment and his feelings for the club, we can and will questions his methods and results. As you say most folk don’t want to ask questions, especially about our horrific and above average injury list that’s all bad luck apparently.

Or folk think you might be obsessively paranoid about our horrific and above average injury list? ?

1 hour ago, Rambo1874 said:

A manager openly admitting he doesn’t know how to get the team scoring goals and winning games!

Terrible historic cup record, never having looked likely to reach a cup final never mind win a trophy. 

Poor goalkeepers, still no reliable LB! No backup for a player deemed vital to our preferred style of play. No width, pace or creativity. Boring, brutal football to watch that even lacks workrate and aggression. 

Have injuries effected things? Aye. Should a manager of the 3rd biggest club in the country, with all  the advantages and resources at his disposal that entails, be expected to of done better than 1 win in 10 and 4 goals (2 of which were own goals)? Too right! People criticised and accused of being desperate for the club to fail because they’re pointing out that it’s not good enough and that, coupled with historic facts and the performance on the field over a number of years, have decided that enough is enough. 

A relationship between owner and manager that in football terms is far too close. There is no accountability. There will always be excuses. Too many fans happy to accept them because they can rightly see improved infrastructure. Thanks for putting that in place but new blood is needed at first team level and the whole football department needs emptied. We are going nowhere under this setup. 

Would you rather have Jon Daly in charge? That’s your choice right there!

The Old Tolbooth
On 22/12/2018 at 19:45, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

We've toothless in attack and lack any creativity. Losing Naismith and Uche shouldn't have resulted in us turning into one of the worst outfits in the league. Who do we have to cover for them? A bunch of duds. Levein is solely to blame for not having decent back up. We've wasted so much funds.

Lack of decent cover is what has hurt us the most. Surely you see that?

The cover isn't great, but you can't legislate for the amount of players out injured that we have, no manager in the league would cope with that outwith Celtic, if we had a normal season with a normal amount of injuries, then nobody would be batting an eyelid, try telling a joiner to build a shed without a hammer, nails, and a screwdriver, it's not going to be an easy job. 

Oh, and your username says it all really, Sergio, famous for 2 games, but his league form was utterly garbage, people tend to forget that, I like the guy because of those 2 games, but that's it really, and he's done absolutely nothing since....but bring him back eh? :rofl: 

Merry Xmas :santa:

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

I imagine if you took out the 4 best players from Kilmarnock, Aberdeen, Rangers or Celtic they still wouldn't lose 5-0 away to Livingston.

Levein gets to the end of the season, end of thread. 

Some folk letting their blood pressure rocket! Winter break needed for some fans too. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Or folk think you might be obsessively paranoid about our horrific and above average injury list? ?

Paranoid might not be the right word, obsessed probably but it’s all just bad luck eh. You picked the right emoji anyway.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Paranoid might not be the right word, obsessed probably but it’s all just bad luck eh. You picked the right emoji anyway.

?

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It is certainly not just bad luck.  Bad luck will have a say, but not the only say. 

We are playing the same teams, on the same pitches, as everyone else, but we seem to permanently have an injury list as long as my arm. 

Edited by Paolo

4 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Who knows how good or otherwise Jon Daly would be? He might be a considerable improvement on Levein for all anybody knows.

I agree we don’t know. But those wanting rid of CL that’s their choice! Craig Levein or Jon Daly..

40 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Would you rather have Jon Daly in charge? That’s your choice right there!

I don't think AB would be daft enough to appoint Jon Daly, with his mentor going back upstairs. She would be faced with half empty stands were she to go down that road.

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, graygo said:

Hyperbole.

Let's humour you though, all these players who missed as little as one game, you think that is down to our training methods?

I’ve no idea what the problem is? Do you accept we have more than the average amount of injuries? Bad luck?

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't think AB would be daft enough to appoint Jon Daly, with his mentor going back upstairs. She would be faced with half empty stands were she to go down that road.

Did you read the agm notes. Daly will be the next boss

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

She didn't say that did she?? I saw her comments about the succession model but nothing about Daly.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Paolo said:

It is certainly not just bad luck.  Bad luck will have a say, but not the only say. 

We are playing the same teams, on the same pitches, as everyone else, but we seem to permanently have an injury list as long as my arm. 

It would be great if folk actually accepted that there seems to be a problem somewhere that leads us to having an above average level of injuries. 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

She didn't say that did she?? I saw her comments about the succession model but nothing about Daly.

Pretty much.... it’s Daly! CL has also said it. The plan B to that I’m just not sure.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would be great if folk actually accepted that there seems to be a problem somewhere that leads us to having an above average level of injuries. 

Careful now, when I suggested this I was apparently slagging off the medical team... jkb eh!

11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Correct. 

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Pretty much.... it’s Daly! CL has also said it. The plan B to that I’m just not sure.

When did CL say his successor was Daly?

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

When did CL say his successor was Daly?

At one of the dinners can’t remember which one

24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct. 

Ok she didn’t say Daly outright but that’s the plan and we all know it. Anyone thinking CLs departure would signal a global hunt for a new manager is kidding themselves on

1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

usual retorts from the usual bleeding suspects

realists 1 loyalists 0

You call yourself a realist yet want to sack the manager just before the winter break, transfer market opening, and with the core of our team close to returning? So going into January with no manager and no one recruiting in the window is realistically going to improve us how exactly?

I think that would be equivalent to shooting yourself in both feet.

44 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

35 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

At one of the dinners can’t remember which one

Ok she didn’t say Daly outright but that’s the plan and we all know it. Anyone thinking CLs departure would signal a global hunt for a new manager is kidding themselves on

So after all your effort turns out AB didn’t say Daly would be our next boss......

The greatest gift you could give this Christmas is to stop posting utter shite.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

So after all your effort turns out AB didn’t say Daly would be our next boss......

Its not utter shite she waxed lyrical about the succession plan for the coaches currently in the club at the AGM. So if you think CL leaving would have any other result than Daly being the next head coach then you need to put down the Christmas special brew and get real. Craig Levein is the director of football he wants Daly and ann Budge will go with that. The only reason he was bypassed previously was he was deemed not ready he’ll be ready this time.

50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve no idea what the problem is? Do you accept we have more than the average amount of injuries? Bad luck?

Ann has just confirmed we’re building a triage centre in the upper floors of the main stand. 

?

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

:rofl: 

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Its not utter shite she waxed lyrical about the succession plan for the coaches currently in the club at the AGM. So if you think CL leaving would have any other result than Daly being the next head coach then you need to put down the Christmas special brew and get real. Craig Levein is the director of football he wants Daly and ann Budge will go with that. The only reason he was bypassed previously was he was deemed not ready he’ll be ready this time.

So what you’re telling us is just what CL told us in 2013.

Thanks for the up to date info.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

So what you’re telling us is just what CL told us in 2013.

Thanks for the up to date info.

The AGM was this month... keep up son!

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

That is a proper tears and snotters tantrum.  Complete bollocks too.  Time to dry your eyes.

Can you please highlight the parts are are "bollocks" please?

Seems pretty much spot on to me. 

I'd have thought a succession model would be based around an established level of success met on the park first and foremost?

That success doesn't necessarily have to be in the shape of trophies but a starter should be progression of youth players, established youth players nailing down first team places , consistent high league finishes....and any other factors.

Who judges the next coach on competency to lead a club like Heart of Midlothian?

Above all surely there has to be a sign of progress across all levels in the club before we start promoting coaches from within, particularly at first team level.

Can't see a coach promoted from within being well received if CL packs in at the end of this season and it doesn't end on a high.

Just now, Rudy T said:

The AGM was this month... keep up son!

Em.....

The succesion model was one of the first things CL spoke about when AB acquired the club.

I suggest you keep up.....and stop using a 5 year old story to beat the club with.

Btw...

Daly will only get the job if Ab and CL....or whoever is in control.....thinks he’s ready and capable to step up to the job.

Because if you think JD will get the managers job simply on the basis he is the next man then I hope a fully functioning brain is wrapped nicely under your tree for you tomorrow morning.

Merry Christmas.

Just now, DH1986 said:

Em.....

The succesion model was one of the first things CL spoke about when AB acquired the club.

I suggest you keep up.....and stop using a 5 year old story to beat the club with.

Btw...

Daly will only get the job if Ab and CL....or whoever is in control.....thinks he’s ready and capable to step up to the job.

Because if you think JD will get the managers job simply on the basis he is the next man then I hope a fully functioning brain is wrapped nicely under your tree for you tomorrow morning.

Merry Christmas.

You understand what a succession plan is? I’ll assume so! This was discussed this month it’s not from 2013 but December 2018.

Merry Christmas sweetheart x

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

You should cease caring for your own heath.

The rest of us will keep supporting the club until you're ready to come back (*)

(*)  when a better spell of results make all the boo-hoos go away.

To be fair he is right on most of his points 

Levein is most definitely not the man to take us where we want to be 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Careful now, when I suggested this I was apparently slagging off the medical team... jkb eh!

Yeah me too, I was though.

John mcCartney
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You call yourself a realist yet want to sack the manager just before the winter break, transfer market opening, and with the core of our team close to returning? So going into January with no manager and no one recruiting in the window is realistically going to improve us how exactly?

I think that would be equivalent to shooting yourself in both feet.

Frank,I have said nothing of the kind.....the sensible choice is to see out the season and then go quietly and without the press hounding away....Im extremely concerned at the leadership at the moment and as im sure you acknowledge yourself,the facts are all there to be digested and taken on board by all of us.....does not make good reading whatsoever.
Its a damned shame how its all turned out,Im hurting just like everybody else.I know punters out there that are distraught .Levein was a hero of mine when I was a teenager,I remember him arriving from Cowdenbeath and slotted in seamlessly to take over from Roddy Mcdonald although i was`nt in Edinburgh when he was manager 1st time around.
 I personally reckon theres too much hanging from the past with him and the Gfa,the well documented on here statistics under his tutelage all combine and time is ticking away for yet another insipid season.

The proof is there for change.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

You understand what a succession plan is? I’ll assume so! This was discussed this month it’s not from 2013 but December 2018.

I completely understand it.....it appears you don’t though. We aren’t giving ANYBODY any assurances of a job 4 or 5 years down the line.

And you even thinking thats happening proves you are an absolute Christmas cracker.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Surely Macphee is the next man ??

3 hours ago, Rambo1874 said:

Whether you’re for Levein or against this certainly makes for grim reading, of course the “rabble rabble rabble” mob will shoot it all down

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ann has just confirmed we’re building a triage centre in the upper floors of the main stand. 

?

That made me laugh, cheers I needed it ?. Have a good Xmas.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely Macphee is the next man ??

AB needs to listen to some other voices from outwith the club, when it comes to undertaking the next managerial seatch. There are no other football people on the board, unless you include CL wearing his third hat. The failure to appoint a proper football administrator as CEO has led us to this crazy position where Levein has so much say.

19 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I completely understand it.....it appears you don’t though. We aren’t giving ANYBODY any assurances of a job 4 or 5 years down the line.

And you even thinking thats happening proves you are an absolute Christmas cracker.

You need to take off those plastic elf ears and get your head out the mulled wine bowl. 

Ann Budge discusses it at the AGM. There’s the softener for when it happens. We’re not talking years ago it was two weeks past. It’s clear that is the clubs intention for as long as AB is in charge.

Cmon now don’t be a silly wee elf and try and justify you’re non argument, I know you’ve been desperate to use the Christmas gift line, it was a belter but you could’ve picked multiple other posts to try it out.

Now leave it and go have yourself a Merry little Christmas xx

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes that's what I put it down to.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

AB needs to listen to some other voices from outwith the club, when it comes to undertaking the next managerial seatch. There are no other football people on the board, unless you include CL wearing his third hat. The failure to appoint a proper football administrator as CEO has led us to this crazy position where Levein has so much say.

She did appoint someone, he forgot the

seats amongst other things. I don’t want any of the current coaching staff stepping up and I think it was huge mistake if they did. Whenever we need a new manager the current incumbent should have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yes that's what I put it down to.

Every season for 4.5 years? That’s some really bad luck. Maybe we should get some lucky white heather? 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Every season for 4.5 years? That’s some really bad luck. Maybe we should get some lucky white heather? 

I'm not going to argue it any further mate, unless you can give figures for the years you are talking about along with the same for the other teams.

Proper figures mind, not just numbers you've plucked out the air.

• davemclaren locked this topic