Levein is not the answer mk2 ( merged )

Hood09

1 minute ago, Lightbulb said:

What is wrong with you people?. Happy enough when we were winning with a full squad but now we are struggling the usual suspects crawl out of the woodwork to criticise Levein. We'll be back to winning ways once we get key players back and up up to speed. Run of poor results dents confidence but so does supporters getting on their backs. In Levein we trust

What I find more incredible is the happiness and joy these alleged supporters find in telling us all how Shit we are. 

Theres a desperation for CL and the team to fail so they can feel happy about themselves. 

Strange types imo.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Phil Dunphy

• Bull's-eye

• Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, graygo said:

That doesn't mean we had 40 players out injured ffs.  :rofl: 

Hahahaha right enough.

Sorry if your memory doesn’t serve you that well but at some point during last season all FORTY of those players were unavailable at some point due to injury according to Levein. Laugh it up ?.

8 minutes ago, Lightbulb said:

What is wrong with you people?. Happy enough when we were winning with a full squad but now we are struggling the usual suspects crawl out of the woodwork to criticise Levein. We'll be back to winning ways once we get key players back and up up to speed. Run of poor results dents confidence but so does supporters getting on their backs. In Levein we trust

I think a lot of them are spoilt bairns greetin because they can't get their own way.  The personal abuse directed at CL is bang out of order.

Some think that half fit Berra and Haring mean we are nearly at full strength, which is quite bizarre.  Roll on the winter break.

16 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

What I find more incredible is the happiness and joy these alleged supporters find in telling us all how Shit we are. 

Theres a desperation for CL and the team to fail so they can feel happy about themselves. 

Strange types imo.

My desperation first and foremost is to see Hearts get back to winning games. 

Second to that is to rid the system that allows so much power to a single man who has demonstrated year after year he has no accountability whatsoever when things go wrong. 

We are a breeding ground for pretty average footballers and coaches to develop with no end target or timelines to achieve. 

Edited by Markymark

13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think a lot of them are spoilt bairns greetin because they can't get their own way.  The personal abuse directed at CL is bang out of order.

Some think that half fit Berra and Haring mean we are nearly at full strength, which is quite bizarre.  Roll on the winter break.

Who picks the half fit Berra and Haring to play ?

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Markymark said:

I think you’ll find I’ve been consistent with Craig Levein. 

Im unsure on what would give you the confidence to think we can go on a run when our other players are back. Berra has played in last 5 and we’ve still been beaten 4 times. 

Do you go to games…? We were brilliant at the start of the season, playing out from the back, loads of movement up front. If you were consistent on levein then then thats bizarre. 

Now, we are shorn of confidence after the worst run of injuries to the most important players at the club and some beyond brutal decisions 

Berra (if you go to games you'll notice he has been rushed back) not fit or mobile. We are still missing 3 International Cb's in souttar, dunne and dikamona. Souttar being the biggest loss as he is the one who was getting us playing with qualiry from the back. Youll know that as you go but watch motherwell away for an example. Peter Haring is now playing CB even though hes been our best mid (right up to the point he did his hernia andni splaying injured) Naismith is just back and did make a difference against aberdeen.

Lets not forget we are missing ikpeazu, the man who was creating the space for Naismith and mclean to be so effective. Maybe we are to dependent on him but we did try and get vanecek. There are other problems, cochrane, morrisons got a persistent injury. Djoum and Mitchell clearly doesnt want to be here now. 

The one annoyance I have is  Craig wighton. We should have gone for someone ready to step on and play. He was a mistake imo. 

Beyond the loss of our absolute key players Ive not even talked about the laughable decisions which have gone against us. I count at least 7 points lost due to ridiculous decisions. With those points wed be in contention. 

Let's be honest, some fans couldn't wait to turm on craig, the mitigating circumstances don't matter, there isnt a team in the league who could sustain form with the injuries we've had. The bad refereeing decisions should be a reason to rally behind the manager but those who were not that conspicuous by their absence conveniently ignoring it in an effort to push him out the door. 

Some fans we have. 

20 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Strange types imo.

I am a Hearts supporter through and through and whilst critical  of Craig last season I was excited by our early season form and thought we had turned a corner. However, our form has clearly taken a turn for the worse and coupled with injuries to key players we are on a downward spiral.  I hope I am wrong and that things will improve but with Levein in charge openly telling the media that he has no clue on how to improve I fear the situation will deteriorate further. We as a support appear to be pinning our hopes on an unknown striker and the return of Uche. Neither of these players are Messie or Ronaldo so not sure yet what impact they will make. Injuries or not it makes me angry that a team like St Johnstone play more expansive football and carry a greater threat than Hearts with a fraction of the resources. Something is wrong at the club and we are going backwards at an alarming rate. If I am wrong happy to be proved so as only want the best for this great football club. 

3 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I am a Hearts supporter through and through and whilst critical  of Craig last season I was excited by our early season form and thought we had turned a corner. However, our form has clearly taken a turn for the worse and coupled with injuries to key players we are on a downward spiral.  I hope I am wrong and that things will improve but with Levein in charge openly telling the media that he has no clue on how to improve I fear the situation will deteriorate further. We as a support appear to be pinning our hopes on an unknown striker and the return of Uche. Neither of these players are Messie or Ronaldo so not sure yet what impact they will make. Injuries or not it makes me angry that a team like St Johnstone play more expansive football and carry a greater threat than Hearts with a fraction of the resources. Something is wrong at the club and we are going backwards at an alarming rate. If I am wrong happy to be proved so as only want the best for this great football club. 

What a load of old crap. We as a club are in a better place than we've ever been in our history. The end.

18 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Second to that is to rid the system that allows so much power to a single man who has demonstrated year after year he has no accountability whatsoever when things go wrong. 

We are a breeding ground for pretty average footballers and coaches to develop with no end target or timelines to achieve. 

Complete drivel and unsubstantiated waffle, your desperation for failure knows no limits.

20 minutes ago, Markymark said:

And a small element of our fan base who can see no wrong in Levein. The evidence has built up over several years of hoovering vast amount of cash on bang average players. Still though, we have not addressed the LB issue or the lack of pace , width or creativity in the team. The lack of accountability is the biggest problem for me. Levein has, through ABs faith in him, effectively got a free rein on the entire club. There is a staggering lack of accountability.  

14 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Complete drivel and unsubstantiated waffle, your desperation for failure knows no limits.

Don’t let the facts cloud your thinking ? 

chester copperpot
8 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

How long are we allowed to use Berra not being fit as an excuse? Saturday was his 5th game back. 

He defo didn't look fit Saturday that's for sure.

Think we have rushed him back to quick tbh  

Edited by chester copperpot

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

What a load of old crap. We as a club are in a better place than we've ever been in our history. The end.

Maybe off the field, but certainly not on it.  Jesus wept!

4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Hopefully the mid season break will freshen him up. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Our best results this season have been without Berra.  He may be one of our most important players, but he’s clearly not the most important.

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Our best results this season have been without Berra.  He may be one of our most important players, but he’s clearly not the most important.

Arguably, our best result was the game he got injured in.  We were lucky to get Dunne as backup. 

CL has his flaws but nobody can criticise his passion for HMFC.   My feeling remains that he should revert back to DOF in the summer and bring in (not appoint from within) an experienced Head Coach.   Also, the selection should be done independently of the coaching team.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

How long are we allowed to use Berra not being fit as an excuse? Saturday was his 5th game back. 

Excuses, paranoia and denial.  It’s the happy clappers way.  Everything is fine, best position we’ve ever been in.  Don’t dare question anything.  One win in ten is nothing to worry about.  Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Arguably, our best result was the game he got injured in.  We were lucky to get Dunne as backup. 

We have 4 international centre backs plus Smith and Haring who can fill in there.  That’s the one position that is the least of our worries.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes we had 42 players play in the first team last season, only McLaughlin and Berra (even he was injured but played through it) didn’t miss any games. FORTY, just bad luck eh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._season

:cornette:

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

This thread is hilarious, infested by rodents who were nowhere near the board when we were top of the league, now weve been utteely gutted by injuries and horrendous decisions they are all back.

Lose your phones for a few months lads? 

"supoorters"? Dont even know the meaning of it

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Lightbulb said:

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Strange types imo.

What is even stranger is the ones who are never concerned over bad results/performances. In fact they come across as very happy with it.....really weird.

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We have 4 international centre backs plus Smith and Haring who can fill in there.  That’s the one position that is the least of our worries.

Normally I would agree but at present 3 are out injured, one is playing with a hernia, one has had to play every game since coming back from a serious injury and one is a full back covering in central defence. Personally, I see that as sub optimal. However, I think our biggest issues are up front at the moment. 

Just now, Gambo said:

What is even stranger is the ones who are never concerned over bad results/performances. In fact they come across as very happy with it.....really weird.

I believe the correct term for them is cuckolds. 

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It’s possible to be concerned, angry, frustrated, irritated and feeling down about current results but still maintain the perspective that the injuries to key players are a massive factor and given how good we were earlier in the season there’s a high chance we’ll return to that form once we have a proper striker leading the line again.

57 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Are you suggesting that he's generally just not a good player? Otherwise I can't think of any other reason why he might be playing poorly if the injury thing is only an excuse 

Generic Username

Pre Naismith injury in the league;

Played : 11

Won : 8

Drawn : 2

Lost : 1

Post Naismith injury in the league;

Played : 7

Won : 1

Drawn : 1

Lost : 5

(obviously excludes the Aberdeen game)

What has also happened since Naismith was forced out of the squad is that Haring's hernia issues have stopped him from performing at his highest level, Mitchell appears to have watched DVD footage of Djoum post-African Cup of Nations and become hellbent on replicating that standard of performance and we've had a couple of demoralising decisions go against us. The question shouldn't be "Should Levein get the bullet?" but "Is Levein capable of pulling those early season performances out of a fully fit squad again?".

If we don't win our remaining games this year he might not be given the chance to turn things round.

51 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Maybe off the field, but certainly not on it.  Jesus wept!

You do realise fortunes on the pitch can change one way or the other in a week, fortunes of the pitch take years and years to develope and maintain. Jesus wept when he read JKB!

Like getting played off the park and beaten by Livingston 5-0? The worst result in our history against  them. Yep we are doing really well.

Tynecastlesmychurch
23 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

People are just desperate to criticise. When things are going well it seems like some are grudgingly accepting of it but as soon as they aren't, they'll be out in force. The main negative for me isn't Levein's tactics, it's the fact that outwith our best players our squad is utterly mediocre, much more so than other teams. We're so heavily reliant them that our season is going to be dictated by their fitness.

Again, this probably wasn't being said when we were top of the league. We were playing attacking football, scoring goals and also defending well. As far as I recall Levein was coach then. When we lost our quality players it simply exposed how reliant we are on them, not that Levein's tactics are poor. Poorer players force you to play more negative football, not because you want to, but because you are not as capable of breaking down teams with spees and/or creativity.

Excellent post buddy! Agree completely. 

36 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

It’s possible to be concerned, angry, frustrated, irritated and feeling down about current results but still maintain the perspective that the injuries to key players are a massive factor and given how good we were earlier in the season there’s a high chance we’ll return to that form once we have a proper striker leading the line again.

Injuries, referees, not his squad etc etc. It is excuses excuses excuses ALL THE TIME, when does Levein become human and make mistakes and take the blame?

Is Levein only to be judged when we have our best 11 available, does he not have a squad to work with?

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Injuries, referees, not his squad etc etc. It is excuses excuses excuses ALL THE TIME, when does Levein become human and make mistakes and take the blame?

Is Levein only to be judged when we have our best 11 available, does he not have a squad to work with?

No, he has made mistakes over the past two months and I thought he would get more out of those results with the players at his disposal and I’m a bit disappointed. Should his job be at risk as a result?...not a chance!

I’m confident that come the end of January we’ll be flying high again and on top of that we’ll have a few referee decisions go our way again

Edited by To Be Frank

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahaha right enough.

Sorry if your memory doesn’t serve you that well but at some point during last season all FORTY of those players were unavailable at some point due to injury according to Levein. Laugh it up ?.

Nonsense, for example Malaury Martin played one game then got shipped out, not injured. Sammon one game then shipped out.

What about the ones who left in January and the ones who came in? All injured?

If Levein said it then it would have been hyperbole and not intended to be taken literally.

Edited by graygo

One man will know when he can’t continue and that’s Craig Levein. He will step up stairs again.

His replacement will be Jon Daly...let that sink in!

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Excuses, paranoia and denial.  It’s the happy clappers way.  Everything is fine, best position we’ve ever been in.  Don’t dare question anything.  One win in ten is nothing to worry about.  Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Except nobody has said anything even remotely close to that.

The Mercer Takeover

Thread seems a bit like Brexit, both sides entrenched.

I don't normally post much, but for what it is worth I can see both sides.

Levein got a mountain of praise when we were top of the league but the scale of recent collapse has been absolutely staggering, so he deserves serious grief. Should he be fired then.... Not yet.

I actually have a slightly different take on part of the collapse we have seen. You often find some teams doing well at the start of the season, as they are just promoted or full of new players. Some of the other teams haven't yet worked out how to play them and this doesn't normally settle until you have completed a full quarter. We play each other a lot in Scotland and teams learn fast about any weaknesses teams like us have may have. Injuries have clearly played a part but I do think the problem is deeper than that. The standard of our replacements has been shown up as poor and this is clearly down to the manager.

When we do have our full squad back and fully fit, I still don't think we will perform like we were at the start of the season as everyone knows what to expect. I have a horrible feeling we will end up 5th or 6th and if so Budge may have a decision to make.

Crazy talk! Let’s get our full team back and watch us take assault on 2nd. We were outstanding at the start of the season and lost without doubt our 4 most influential players. No team outwith Celtic could sustain that! 

Seymour M Hersh

You do realise fortunes on the pitch can change one way or the other in a week, fortunes of the pitch take years and years to develope and maintain. Jesus wept when he read JKB!

He's too smart to read some of the garbage written on here by the usual trolls.

20 minutes ago, red said:

Crazy talk! Let’s get our full team back and watch us take assault on 2nd. We were outstanding at the start of the season and lost without doubt our 4 most influential players. No team outwith Celtic could sustain that! 

Nobody...thank God a sensible poster.

2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

CL has his flaws but nobody can criticise his passion for HMFC.   My feeling remains that he should revert back to DOF in the summer and bring in (not appoint from within) an experienced Head Coach.   Also, the selection should be done independently of the coaching team.

Not going to happen . If CL reverts back to DOF John Daly will be put next manager , guaranteed 

number witheld

All folk are desperate for the team to do well. some folk frustrated by recent results, but injuries and fixtures (with a few exceptions ie livvy and st mirren away) have been against us. But when realistically has relative success come along if you chop and change manager everytime things go bad? Unless of course you are throwing money around, which we don't do anymore. Levein is going nowhere, i believe he was just elected onto the board of directors.

a lot of fans have no patience and knee jerk to get rid of a manager. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Not going to happen . If CL reverts back to DOF John Daly will be put next manager , guaranteed 

Cannae wait.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Cannae wait.

The only way I can't see that happening is if Craig fails to deliver top six and HE decides to chuck it . 

Cant see him ever being sacked by Ann but if he did decide to go we could have a clear out of coaches with a new man in charge. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The only way I can't see that happening is if Craig fails to deliver top six and HE decides to chuck it . 

Cant see him ever being sacked by Ann but if he did decide to go we could have a clear out of coaches with a new man in charge. 

That’s fair enough.

His position seems to be a job for life until he decides to chuck it.

1 win in 10. 4 goals for. 22 against. Including a 5-0 drubbing from Livi! 

A total capitulation in the semi final in front of 30k Hearts fans. 

A manager openly admitting he doesn’t know how to get the team scoring goals and winning games!

A derby coming up at a venue we’ve not won at in 5 years

Unable to win away at our competitors. 

Unable to win in Glasgow. 

Terrible historic cup record, never having looked likely to reach a cup final never mind win a trophy. 

Huge sums of money spent on tens of players that are not good enough. 

Poor goalkeepers, still no reliable LB! No backup for a player deemed vital to our preferred style of play. No width, pace or creativity. Boring, brutal football to watch that even lacks workrate and aggression. 

Have injuries effected things? Aye. Should a manager of the 3rd biggest club in the country, with all  the advantages and resources at his disposal that entails, be expected to of done better than 1 win in 10 and 4 goals (2 of which were own goals)? Too right! People criticised and accused of being desperate for the club to fail because they’re pointing out that it’s not good enough and that, coupled with historic facts and the performance on the field over a number of years, have decided that enough is enough. 

A relationship between owner and manager that in football terms is far too close. There is no accountability. There will always be excuses. Too many fans happy to accept them because they can rightly see improved infrastructure. Thanks for putting that in place but new blood is needed at first team level and the whole football department needs emptied. We are going nowhere under this setup. 

2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

The Levein project includes Head Coach appointments from within.So you are unlikely to get what you wish for.

23 minutes ago, number witheld said:

All folk are desperate for the team to do well. some folk frustrated by recent results, but injuries and fixtures (with a few exceptions ie livvy and st mirren away) have been against us. But when realistically has relative success come along if you chop and change manager everytime things go bad? Unless of course you are throwing money around, which we don't do anymore. Levein is going nowhere, i believe he was just elected onto the board of directors.

a lot of fans have no patience and knee jerk to get rid of a manager. 

Re-elected.

9 minutes ago, Rambo1874 said:

A manager openly admitting he doesn’t know how to get the team scoring goals and winning games!

Terrible historic cup record, never having looked likely to reach a cup final never mind win a trophy. 

Poor goalkeepers, still no reliable LB! No backup for a player deemed vital to our preferred style of play. No width, pace or creativity. Boring, brutal football to watch that even lacks workrate and aggression. 

Have injuries effected things? Aye. Should a manager of the 3rd biggest club in the country, with all  the advantages and resources at his disposal that entails, be expected to of done better than 1 win in 10 and 4 goals (2 of which were own goals)? Too right! People criticised and accused of being desperate for the club to fail because they’re pointing out that it’s not good enough and that, coupled with historic facts and the performance on the field over a number of years, have decided that enough is enough. 

A relationship between owner and manager that in football terms is far too close. There is no accountability. There will always be excuses. Too many fans happy to accept them because they can rightly see improved infrastructure. Thanks for putting that in place but new blood is needed at first team level and the whole football department needs emptied. We are going nowhere under this setup. 

That is a proper tears and snotters tantrum.  Complete bollocks too.  Time to dry your eyes.

13 minutes ago, Rambo1874 said:

RedQuestionableBluetonguelizard-size_res

LARGE FONTS!!!

Edited by To Be Frank

• davemclaren locked this topic