Levein is not the answer mk2 ( merged )

Hood09

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Oh aye, it's the referees fault again, eh?

:laugh:

SFA are well out to get us.

You didn't see the game then, do you see any games or are you just happy to dig out others that live in a different continent that disagree with you?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Phil Dunphy

• Bull's-eye

• Enzo Chiefo

1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

You didn't see the game then, do you see any games or are you just happy to dig out others that live in a different continent that disagree with you?

No, I don't attend any games. 

I won my 112 LPs in a raffle.

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Totally agree. Until we untangle Levein from the club, we won't see the type of progress that most supporters want. Whether it's Budge or Levein that is driving this failed, flawed, "jobs for the boys" succession model...it's finished.

Can’t believe that fans like u turn on our manager after all the s**t that has happened to our club in recent weeks (injuries and shocking decisions) u try taking out Morelos and  tavienier out of sevco, see what happens to them. I agree our recent performances have been sore to watch but our team was built on tactics that were based on uche n Naismith. Nobody could have predicted the injuries. Everyone, probably including yourself was singing CL’s praises after 8 weeks. Get a f*****g grip and face the facts. We are probably doing our academy players a favour just now by not playing them instead of Clare etc, because guys like u would just see them as a scapegoat to blame for pish performances and this would harm their progress! We have been through 1 hell of a journey in the last 6 years and still standing as a club who I and many jambos are extremely proud to call our own. Merry Christmas to all in maroon hhgh 

Edited by Jcy110715

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

No, I don't attend any games. 

I won my 112 LPs in a raffle.

You didn't see the game yesterday, no doubt about that.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Before the end of last season is different from after the start we made to this season though. Based on that you geneuinely still thought he wasnt good enough for us? Amazing if true. Even the fast signings he needed to make to cover in defence - Dunne and Dikamona - were good.

A valid criticism  could be he tied us to one system that needed an Uche type. I assume though thats why he signed Vanacek amd tried so hard to get him earlier.

My main criticism of the manager is that I don't see enough evidence to suggest he can turn a game in our favour when the chips are down.

Whether that's down to the quality of the personnel or that he just doesn't have the proverbial Plan B is another discussion altogether. But the fact is that this is his team now. It's not performing and he has admitted himself that he doesn't know how to change that.

People believe that we'll just go back to smashing teams now Naismith is back and lord knows where they've got that idea from.

You didn't see the game yesterday, no doubt about that.

No, I didn't. Which is why I haven't made one single comment around how anyone played.

What I did do, however, was look at the stats at the end of the game and see we managed one whole shot on target in 90 minutes. Sounds like we were massively unlucky, right enough. Still, it's the referees fault we didn't get anything out of the game. How very Celtic.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

My main criticism of the manager is that I don't see enough evidence to suggest he can turn a game in our favour when the chips are down.

Whether that's down to the quality of the personnel or that he just doesn't have the proverbial Plan B is another discussion altogether. But the fact is that this is his team now. It's not performing and he has admitted himself that he doesn't know how to change that.

People believe that we'll just go back to smashing teams now Naismith is back and lord knows where they've got that idea from.

Go back to smashing teams you say, glad you've accepted a CL team can in fact smash teams, personally I think that's Shite but we'll  back to winning ways soon enough in the most competitive league we've had for years. What's not to like... .. .. oh wait. 

Did that Shaun boy not make a thread questioning Levein’s mentality and pretty much call him a serial loser?

Don't understand this supposed old firm mentality. What, because people are unhappy and expect more from the country’s third biggest club! Suggesting at the first sign of trouble people are acting all entitled. Maybe they’ve seen nothing from the managers past to suggest it’s going to improve. Can’t win at our big rivals away. Can’t win big games. Has a terrible cup record. Signed complete guff and presided over total mediocrity 

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, I didn't. Which is why I haven't made one single comment around how anyone played.

What I did do, however, was look at the stats at the end of the game and see we managed one whole shot on target in 90 minutes. Sounds like we were massively unlucky, right enough. Still, it's the referees fault we didn't get anything out of the game. How very Celtic.

???????

Great post mate.

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

People believe 

Go back to smashing teams you say, glad you've accepted a CL team can in fact smash teams, 

I see you didn't actually read my post.

You lost me at the bit about not seeing yesterday's game,  sorry.

2 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

Can’t believe that fans like u turn on our manager after all the s**t that has happened to our club in recent weeks (injuries and shocking decisions) u try taking out Morelos and  tavienier our of sevco, see what happens to them. I agree our recent performances have been sore to watch but our team was built on tactics that were based on uche n Naismith. Nobody could have predicted the injuries. Everyone, probably including yourself was singing CL’s praises after 8 weeks. Get a f*****g grip and face the facts. We are probably doing our academy players a favour just now by not playing them instead of Clare etc, because guys like u would just see them as a scapegoat to blame for pish performances and this would harm their progress! We have been through 1 hell of a journey in the last 6 years and still standing as a club who I and many jambos are extremely proud to call our own. Merry Christmas to all in maroon hhgh 

Every team has had injuries and suspensions this season. Refereeing decisions are not our biggest problem, our one dimensional play and our manager's inability to alter his way of thinking is the biggest stumbling block to progressing. If we are building tactics only "on Uche and Naismith" then we are in trouble.  FFS, Hibs are losing 3 of their best players to Australia next week and they don't even bother postponing the Derby. That tells you all you need to know. 

2 minutes ago, Rambo1874 said:

Did that Shaun boy not make a thread questioning Levein’s mentality and pretty much call him a serial loser?

Don't understand this supposed old firm mentality. What, because people are unhappy and expect more from the country’s third biggest club! Suggesting at the first sign of trouble people are acting all entitled. Maybe they’ve seen nothing from the managers past to suggest it’s going to improve. Can’t win at our big rivals away. Can’t win big games. Has a terrible cup record. Signed complete guff and presided over total mediocrity 

Longest run at the top of the league this season and cup semi finalists. Not bad for the first half of the season. 

Just now, Oliver Twist said:

You lost me at the bit about not seeing yesterday's game,  sorry.

It seems like you got lost at the bit with words.

"AYE WELL YOU DIDN'T GET TO WATCH US GET BEAT BY ABERDEEN"

What an absolutely bizarre attempt at an argument from you. Get yourself to bed.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Every team has had injuries and suspensions this season. Refereeing decisions are not our biggest problem, our one dimensional play and our manager's inability to alter his way of thinking is the biggest stumbling block to progressing. If we are building tactics only "on Uche and Naismith" then we are in trouble.  FFS, Hibs are losing 3 of their best players to Australia next week and they don't even bother postponing the Derby. That tells you all you need to know. 

Aye, your bricking it over a trip to Easter Road. 

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It seems like you got lost at the bit with words.

"AYE WELL YOU DIDN'T GET TO WATCH US GET BEAT BY ABERDEEN"

What an absolutely bizarre attempt at an argument from you. Get yourself to bed.

My words ?

Nah, thought not. 

???

It is late though, Goodnight, its been a pleasure.

Edited by Oliver Twist

6 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

If we can improve on our 0 shots on target in 2 visits last season,  I will be delighted.

2 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Longest run at the top of the league this season and cup semi finalists. Not bad for the first half of the season. 

A semi final where we shat the bed. Everybody knew Morrison should of played. Levein reverted to type and went negative, trying to contain a Celtic side lacking confidence and there to be got at. We played 4 CM ‘s across the midfield! A negative approach. We ended up with Amankwaa running about like a headless chicken, the team not laying a glove on Celtic in front of 30k Hearts fans, with most leaving before the end! 

You think we’ll win silverware under this setup. Levein has never even taken us to a final. We can’t win in Glasgow! 

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

FFS, Hibs are losing 3 of their best players to Australia next week and they don't even bother postponing the Derby. That tells you all you need to know. 

It tells me they're over-confident. What happens when Hibs are over-confident heading into a derby?  

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

I think most of us know that we’re going to lose at ER. Again.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, shaun.lawson said:

It tells me they're over-confident. What happens when Hibs are over-confident heading into a derby?  

At Easter Road at least, they beat us.

33 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

Can’t believe that fans like u turn on our manager after all the s**t that has happened to our club in recent weeks (injuries and shocking decisions) u try taking out Morelos and  tavienier out of sevco, see what happens to them. I agree our recent performances have been sore to watch but our team was built on tactics that were based on uche n Naismith. Nobody could have predicted the injuries. Everyone, probably including yourself was singing CL’s praises after 8 weeks. Get a f*****g grip and face the facts. We are probably doing our academy players a favour just now by not playing them instead of Clare etc, because guys like u would just see them as a scapegoat to blame for pish performances and this would harm their progress! We have been through 1 hell of a journey in the last 6 years and still standing as a club who I and many jambos are extremely proud to call our own. Merry Christmas to all in maroon hhgh 

You can’t base a team on 2 players the word is team 

Levein hasn’t got it would love to be proved wrong but I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest otherwise 

35 minutes ago, Rambo1874 said:

To be fair we did improve for a while and while the injury situation has been a major problem for the squad we are in serious danger of a rot setting in.

The fact we have been utterly miserable for weeks plus Leveins own admission both to the media and to Budge that he didn't know how to change it should have set alarm bells ringing loudly.  

I'm worried he's starting to lose interest as well as ability. 

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

Levein himself said he signed 18 players because of injuries and suspensions, we had 40 players missing at some point last season which is well above the average. Unfortunately for whatever reason our injury problems are not a shock.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Levein himself said he signed 18 players because of injuries and suspensions, we had 40 players missing at some point last season which is well above the average. Unfortunately for whatever reason our injury problems are not a shock.

40 players? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

He's not just moaning about it. He's doing the classic, time-honoured football messageboard OPEN YOUR EYES WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE SHEEPLE thing of berating other fans for not seeing it as he does. When that wouldn't make the slightest difference in any case.

Our owner spoke during the week. She has full confidence in the manager. I'm quite sure, though, that if we don't make the top 4, the manager himself will stand down and give someone else a crack at it.

I think everyone on here is guilty at some point of trying to convince the world they are right and they need to see it my way. In particular, you've been guilty of it many times.

FWIW, I actually agree with you on Levein but I'm not going to disparage people for feeling pissed off at the present situation.

49 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Yes,and the medals get handed out at the end of the season,not any will be coming our way,enough said.

10 hours ago, Billybuffjaw said:

You weren't saying that at the start of the season.

Yes,you are correct,Iwanted him Replaced before the start of the season! I also suggested he should be given praise when Hearts

We're at the top of the league.Now we are going backwards,how many chances do you give a manager?!

You know this is daft... we actually played not bad yesterday in fact much better than in some of the previous games . For much of the game we actually, in my opinion played some not bad stuff. The real problem was we did not convert the very real chances we had. Then on top of that we had a reffing incident that could have been better  for us . Football is the strangest game ... just look at Palace vs Citey  who would have put anything on that result? Hearts have had some bad games / reffing decisions and things haven't gone our way ... but they will get better and changing the manager is not the top priority at the moment... just my opinion. Football is a confidence game and we are low right now BUT with just a few percent the other way yesterday could have been very different.

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

40 players? 

Yes we had 42 players play in the first team last season, only McLaughlin and Berra (even he was injured but played through it) didn’t miss any games. FORTY, just bad luck eh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._season

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

They are not 3 of their best players, in fact it's doubtful whether any of them would feature against us. They certainly wouldn't be starters with the exception possibly being Boyle.

47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes we had 42 players play in the first team last season, only McLaughlin and Berra (even he was injured but played through it) didn’t miss any games. FORTY, just bad luck eh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._season

That doesn't mean we had 40 players out injured ffs.  :rofl: 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

More of the same next season? Another 15 or so game unbeaten run sounds good to me and I don’t think we’ll ever see an injury crisis like this one again. No team could cope with the loss of their first choice strikers - let alone one of the quality of Naismith - and CBs then their two backup CBs.

Even last season he did a good job of halting the slide, getting us winning in cup ties and derbies again and making us hard to beat at home.

He’s made mistakes but should be judged on the team he built at the start of the season not the patched up one.

A mistake I think he’s made, maybe due to fan pressure, is instead of trying to keep us hard to beat until the winter break he did try to pick teams to win games but has discovered we don’t have a matchwinner in our team with those injured players out. A lack of a good winger is an issue but noone was complaining at the start of the season.

Should be a different story when everyones back, you’d hope anyhow. 

How many times over the years have we said “he needs to be judged on X, not on what’s going on now?” :rofl:

Sad thing is, I love Levein. A Hearts man and a classy, classy centre-back in his time. Also a very good manager for us first time around. But this set up isn’t working and hasn’t worked for a while. We are losing time to saying ‘maybe it’ll come good on the basis of some factor which might or might not make us better in the future.”

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

FFS, Hibs are losing 3 of their best players to Australia next week and they don't even bother postponing the Derby. That tells you all you need to know. 

It more than likely tells us that they need the money that the game will generate to help them through the 3 weeks that they don't have a game.

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

.  FFS, Hibs are losing 3 of their best players to Australia next week and they don't even bother postponing the Derby. That tells you all you need to know. 

Dont kid yourself on.  these 3 are far from their best players, and they don’t want this game postponed to February 2019 when we will have the likes of Vanacek, Souttar, a fit Naismith, a fit Berra, Uche and possibly Dunne all back playing.

Edited by 1971fozzy

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Dont kid yourself on.  these 3 are far from their best players, and they don’t want this game postponed to February 2019 when we will have the likes of Vanacek, Souttar, a fit Naismith, a fit Berra, Uche and possibly Dunne all back playing.

I thought Martin Boyle was their entire attacking threat? Their entire game plan is him playing kick and chase and Mallan taking free kicks. 

Derby will no doubt be poor as usual. 

The Real Maroonblood
19 hours ago, jambonian said:

Okay, but as I say, time will tell.

Actually, that's another thing...why are we having such serious injury problems? All clubs have this but with us, it seems worse! What the hell are they doing at training for so many to get injured then or during games!? But that's another thread.

Your last sentence is a good point.

I think in general players are soft these days.

7 hours ago, Rambo1874 said:

A semi final where we shat the bed. Everybody knew Morrison should of played. Levein reverted to type and went negative, trying to contain a Celtic side lacking confidence and there to be got at. We played 4 CM ‘s across the midfield! A negative approach. We ended up with Amankwaa running about like a headless chicken, the team not laying a glove on Celtic in front of 30k Hearts fans, with most leaving before the end! 

You think we’ll win silverware under this setup. Levein has never even taken us to a final. We can’t win in Glasgow! 

Spot on.

56 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

It more than likely tells us that they need the money that the game will generate to help them through the 3 weeks that they don't have a game.

Probably hit the nail on the head.

37 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I doubt they've even considered Vanacek tbh. I hope we"re not going to get weeks of "wait until Berra/Naismith/Uche/Souttar is fit" as excuses for poor performances. We are now told that Cochrane has had injuries all season , despite the fact that he has been on the bench most weeks and, indeed was thrown in to start at Parkhead!!  Apart from Uche,  they were all fit and playing at ER last season. They will attack us with pace down both flanks and I sincerely hope that Levein is aware of that. 

10 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You're right. We've never employed a manager from within.

I mean, apart from Neilson and Levein.

Except neither were employed from this “succession model” though........

Neilson was the first man in the job and CL took on the role because the project was and probably is still too early in its development to have handed it on to the next guy.

10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I do DH, which makes the fact that AB referred to it again, during the week, a bit bizarre.

Why ?

Just because it hasn’t come to fruition yet doesn’t mean we should ditch it.

Some folk are reading too much into this conveyor belt system. My guess is that is what most clubs would like to have......Managers, Coaches and players working their way up the ladder to the  first team. But we’ve already shown that if there is nobody ready to take on the role we’ll look elsewhere.

Out of all the things to make a point on this should be the least worrying imo.

kingantti1874

This thread is hilarious, infested by rodents who were nowhere near the board when we were top of the league, now weve been utteely gutted by injuries and horrendous decisions they are all back.

Lose your phones for a few months lads? 

"supoorters"? Dont even know the meaning of it

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This thread is hilarious, infested by rodents who were nowhere near the board when we were top of the league, now weve been utteely gutted by injuries and horrendous decisions they are all back.

Sorry Craig

kingantti1874
Just now, Markymark said:

Sorry Craig

Was your phone down tbe back of the sofa? You can lose it again when our top players are up to speed again. I predict a fee will be missing from here by end of jan

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

One of a very few decent posts on  this thread. Merry Xmas. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Was your phone down tbe back of the sofa? You can lose it again when our top players are up to speed again. I predict a fee will be missing from here by end of jan

I think you’ll find I’ve been consistent with Craig Levein. 

Im unsure on what would give you the confidence to think we can go on a run when our other players are back. Berra has played in last 5 and we’ve still been beaten 4 times. 

What is wrong with you people?. Happy enough when we were winning with a full squad but now we are struggling the usual suspects crawl out of the woodwork to criticise Levein. We'll be back to winning ways once we get key players back and up up to speed. Run of poor results dents confidence but so does supporters getting on their backs. In Levein we trust

• davemclaren locked this topic