Souttar & Uche out for 5/6 months

VivaObua

1 minute ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Can see why people are upset, but the second part of your statement is way over the top. Are you seriously suggesting we just give up the ghost?

We had a shot of doing well but we are just a 'decent' team without them.

To lose 1 key player is tough to work around.  We have lost Lafferty, Uche, Berra and Souttar from the start of season.

I am really ****ed off.  

Why are we so unlucky.  It has been like this for years.  Take Hibs for example, they barely lose a key palyer for a week or two, we lose several for seasons at a time.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• redjambo

• i8hibsh

• Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

I was looking more long term. Hughes can slot in at CB with Dikamona moving wide, or Bozanic comes in with Haring moving back. Plenty options.

Long term not too bad I suppose, just a bit of a blow for Saturday although what you've posted above looks reasonable.

Lot of players not getting regular game time just now. They've not come here to warm the bench. They know over the course of a season they're will be injuries and suspensions and there will be opportunities, they're time to shine.

Same problems last season, but the difference is CL made sure he had a strong squad to deal with these situations.

17 minutes ago, El Diez said:

From what I’ve seen Dikamona will do a job. Godinho back allows Smith to cover. Hughes also if he’s fit.

Up front is where we may toil. Sean Clare in to allow Naismith to play further forward and a combination of Maclean/wighton/Keena?? to play alongside.

Need to limp along until Vanecek arrives in January.

Hopefully the Haring chat is wide of the mark. I see no reason to delay announcing that if true, tbh.

What I was told is he needs Hernia op but hoping he will carry on playing until winter break

It should have been ten

Absolutely gutted about big Uche first and foremost, he’ll be a huge miss!

Souttar missing out on basically the rest of the season through playing for our shit show of a national team is so ****ing annoying.

The Hearts twitter account still hasn't done anything since it posted this. They'd been replying and liking all morning previously.

Still holding out hope this is a hack.

1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

Long term not too bad I suppose, just a bit of a blow for Saturday although what you've posted above looks reasonable.

I'm a glass half full kinda guy.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Defeatist mentality. Quite surprised at people. 

Season has just started and of course these are blows 

We played well enough without Uche recently and Dikamona could be the real deal. Lets see. 

Its just the truth. No spin required Mikey my friend, we’re significantly weaker without Uche. We never replaced Lafferty and this was always a the risk. 

I still think we’ll finish top 4 but we’ll drop too many points now because we’ve lost the main point to our attack. MacLean is a good stand in but he can’t dominated two centerhalfs like the Big man. We’ have to change our style a wee bit.

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

We had a shot of doing well but we are just a 'decent' team without them.

To lose 1 key player is tough to work around.  We have lost Lafferty, Uche, Berra and Souttar from the start of season.

I am really ****ed off.  

Why are we so unlucky.  It has been like this for years.  Take Hibs for example, they barely lose a key palyer for a week or two, we lose several for seasons at a time.

This!

hmfc4life1991
1 minute ago, number-16 said:

The Hearts twitter account still hasn't done anything since it posted this. They'd been replying and liking all morning previously.

Well if it is then it’s roped everyone in. STV and Evening News reporting it. 

1 minute ago, number-16 said:

It was the Russians that did it

Some of the posts on here are ridiculous.....should have signed Sow.....not signing another striker after Lafferty left was a big mistake....aye.....and if I had picked last night's winning lottery numbers I would be a rich man...

Holyrood_Hearts

Two big blows, especially with so many big games coming up. Wouldn’t do any harm extending Dunne’s deal until the summer & maybe bringing in another time player as cover for Dunne & Dikamona? 

Just now, hmfc4life1991 said:

Well if it is then it’s roped everyone in. STV and Evening News reporting it. 

They've all reported the extent of the tweet.

Remember when Sky reported Aberdeen had signed Yerda Selzavon?

The_razors_edge

Great opportunity for other players to step up. This is exactly why we signed 18 players in the summer to ensure we have the depth required to deal with situations like this. 

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Uche played at Ibrox with the foot injury.

Must have made it a hundred times worse !!!!

I was thinking this as well. If he played with an injury and made it worse then we really need to take a look at the management decision.

No doubt we need another striker in short term as without Uche we lack the ability to go direct. Whilst Soapy is a fantastic player we have players and a manager who is tactically astute to cope with his loss more.

Bad news for sure but the doom n gloom merchants can gtf. We are still capable of beating anyone. Get behind the players that come in. That’s why we signed these lads

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Uche played at Ibrox with the foot injury.

Must have made it a hundred times worse !!!!

It's amazing that the Motherwell keeper who he supposedly clobbered made a miraculous recovery despite fears of a long layoff yet Uche is the one who is ****ed. Bet those pics of Carson's 'injury' were fake.

???

Sexton Hardcastle

***** chucking in the towel due to two injuries. Classic bandwagon fans.

Top 4 was the aim this season and still very achievable. Anything more than this including cup runs a huge bonus given recent years.

Good opportunity for the other players to prove their worth.

Incredibly bad luck, we seem to be jinxed as it always happens to our most important players. 

Couple of points though. If we had signed another striker then we probably couldn't have afforded Clare (Sow would have been injured most of the time anyway). The other point is this is the time to step in and offer Souttar a new contract. Statement of faith when he's injured. 

south morocco

Hopefully the feelers are out for a short term deal for a striker, maybe a defender too depending how far Godhino and Brandon are away.

Shanks said no

Reminded me so much of 2005-06 and I actually checked the date as I remembered it being the school holidays then as well.

Burley was sacked on 22 October 2005

Hampden Demolition

I find it strange that Uche has been active on Instagram stating that he has had no days off and that he was looking forward to a positive week and then we get this bombshell. I’m holding out hope that Craig is on the windup and that both will be available on Saturday. Wouldn’t be the first time that a club has done it.

1 minute ago, Bighenry said:

Bad news for sure but the doom n gloom merchants can gtf. We are still capable of beating anyone. Get behind the players that come in. That’s why we signed these lads

Agree, we need to support, do what it says on the tin! 

As for the national train wreck of a team, they can piss off and cripple OF players if they want.::troll::

Bolt out of the blue that.

But hey, when life throws hurdles at you, you just need to start jumping them! 

Michael Smith has been an able deputy in defence and thankfully we still have Dunne and Dikamona.

Spanner in the works though

7 minutes ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

SFA should cough up any compensation for the injury and lay off.  Also we should not have let Kyle Lafferty go.

Lafferty was never going to be here this season, he wasn't let go he was sold. Massive difference. 

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Massive blow but we have a decent squad so I'm not buying the 'season over' reaction.

Just the usual kickback over reaction. Sure the players will have the complete opposite mindset.

Definitely a blow, but Dikamona will do well at the back, and we've still been pretty effective without Uche up top before our trip to Ibrox. 

We have Steven Naismith and Steven MacLean as our strikers, we still have good quality in the middle, and with wide players like Morrison and Mitchell (potentially), I think we'll still be pretty fluent and dangerous.

Sexton Hardcastle
3 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Leicester won the league when their top players were fit for every single game, this is an absolute joke

Why do people keep comparing to the Leicester season.

We were never going to win the league. People started it as a bit of banter but anyone seriously getting on that idea are bonkers. 

Initial thought on seeing the that was "don't need to come back in the summer for the title run in, then" but when you think about out, it probably could be worse. Dikamona's looked good enough in his appearances to merit a starting position and we already remained unbeaten when Uche was out injured. Sean Clare is still to make an appearance and Vanecek's arriving in January. If we can see it through to the winter break without any more injuries and within touching distance of the top of the league, we have a chance to regroup in the New Year and reinforce if needed.

It's a huge test, and both players will be missed, but CL built this squad with depth I've never before seen as a Hearts fan so it's time to make use of it.

13 minutes ago, number-16 said:

It's not a hack, journalists who were at Levein's press conference have also reported it.

i wish jj was my dad
31 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Glad to see some of you have faith in our squad.

Shit news but far from the end of the season ffs.

Pecisely. We still have 4 decent central defenders and decent options up top. Berra and Vanacek to xome ibto rhings at turn of year.

We simply have to start looking at our medical team and asking questions. Many players over the years have been critical of them.  There has to be a reason for our serious misfortune with injuries. 

Edited by i8hibsh

Holyrood_Hearts
6 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Leicester won the league when their top players were fit for every single game, this is an absolute joke

Not sure if your actually serious? 

Injuries are part & parcel of football. It is what it is. 

Short term this is a disaster, hopefully Berra comes back early and with Vanacek coming in January Uche won't be as big a blow but up until then we have lost some real quality grin the starting line uo

15 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Sorry. Real thing.