• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

colinmaroon
18 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

A very god player though............edit sorry good

Over the last few games he's sold himself in a number of tackles, really poor stuff.

I was at the Spurs-Man City game tonight. What an amazing stadium and incredible atmosphere. As was mentioned recently on another topic Scottish football really is in the Dark Ages. 

luckyBatistuta
41 minutes ago, hm123fc said:

I was at the Spurs-Man City game tonight. What an amazing stadium and incredible atmosphere. As was mentioned recently on another topic Scottish football really is in the Dark Ages. 

My English team soft spot is Arsenal, but have to admit that the spurs stadium looks amazing. You get one of those fancy pints poured for you?

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

COYS!!! 

And my Likely Lads scenario worked out nicely. 

You calmed down now that you’ve taken off those big lead wellies and got the result you wanted ;)

22 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You calmed down now that you’ve taken off those big lead wellies and got the result you wanted ;)

dick

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, hm123fc said:

Cool.  Got £1bn to lend us?

The Old Tolbooth
12 hours ago, CJGJ said:

However in the other tie a handball penalty was not given after VAR oh and whether it was on target is not relevant

I honestly thought they were going to give Porto that penalty last night, and when you see the utter nonsense decision which handed Man Utd a place in the quarters against PSG, then I thought Liverpool got a bit of luck with that one, although the ball was going nowhere, and the reaction time was quoted at being 0.02 of a second, which I'm not sure of they take these facts into account or not, unlike the City shot that was heading toward goal. 

Both those games last night were absolute dull.  English fans struggling to get excited by Champions league QF's isn't a good sign.

16 hours ago, kila said:

Quite looking forward to seeing what Tottenham's new ground is like (I thought they were keeping the WHL name)

Think they are calling it the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium until they sell the naming rights, and trying and recoup some of the £1billion spend. Was at the stadium last week for the Spurs - Palace game. It is very impressive, though they were outsung by the Palace support! Just a shame the Palace team didn't turn up on the night as well!

Wednesday 10th April 2019

Ajax v Juventus

Manchester United v Barcelona

A draw in Amsterdam for me, and a narrow home win in Manchester.

The Internet

Actually excited about the man utd - barca game tonight. Fancy barca to rock up and just smug all over them and win 0-4 or something. 

22 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Actually excited about the man utd - barca game tonight. Fancy barca to rock up and just smug all over them and win 0-4 or something. 

counter attacking with pace v barcelona is the way to get at them. Something that man u can do with rashford, martial, lingard. However barcelona could as you say just roll them over

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Wednesday 10th April 2019

Ajax v Juventus

Manchester United v Barcelona

A draw in Amsterdam for me, and a narrow home win in Manchester.

I reckon:

Manchester United 1-1 Barcelona 

Ajax 0-1 Juventus 

The Internet

I love how luis suarez is barca's 5th all time top scorer. Should be 2nd if he stays another couple of years. 

That's not a great looking man U team but still wouldn't put it by them to scrape through the tie, they are a team that tend to carry a good bit of luck.

Will be interseting to see if United single out Arthur tonight, when he is on his game he looks every bit a young Xavi and dictates the game. Really looking forward to this. I think both of tonights games will be score draws.

53 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

That's not a great looking man U team but still wouldn't put it by them to scrape through the tie, they are a team that tend to carry a good bit of luck.

They've had their luck in the last round...lightening will not strike twice

Barcelona will win the overall tie with a couple of goals to spare...……….Manchester United need a rest before they play City in the league so lets get it over with

Edited by CJGJ

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Poor old United fans..not so funny now VAR has decided it was onside...go on Suarez   1-0 Barcelona

I'm liking VAR more and more especially with goals. 

Get to celebrate twice if confirmed. 

If chopped off, brutal but conceding team celebrates. 

Adding a new dimension to celebrating . Imagine a decision in the last minute of a final going your way. 

Scenes!!! 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Said it before but Solksjaer is an unbelievably naive appointment and typical of the clueless way Man Utd operate.

all he’s done is come in and cheer up a squad who hated Mourinho. In the big games they’ve either lost under him or been lucky, like PSG away. Not a chance he has the shoes for this.

Ashley Young..the worst player from any side in the Champions League quarter finals

Manchester United get a boost if he gets a suspension for the second leg

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Ashley Young..the worst player from any side in the Champions League quarter finals

Lovren and Keita run him close.

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Lovren and Keita run him close.

I think the difference is that they play for a good side who are capable of winning things whereas Young ?...…...second rate and 3rd rate as a full back

Keita will be a success in time.

Edited by CJGJ

Tennant's  6's
On 06/03/2019 at 22:37, kila said:

Dive.  Minimal contact, then the swan dive... those bloody foreigners eh..

Just now, CJGJ said:

I think the difference is that they play for a good side who are capable of winning things whereas Young...…...second rate and 3rd rate as a full back

Keita will be a success in time.

They're both not good though, and I'd say as bad or worse than Young.

This Liverpool team hasn't shown they're capable of winning anything yet. No trophy since 2006. Man U won the Europa League in 2017. They're certainly capable of competing for things though 

Tennant's  6's
11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Yep, really unlikable player. Don't know how he's lasted so long at Utd  , although admittedly poor sides in recent times..

Brighton Jambo

Heard the commentator say messi has scored 40+ goals for ten years in a row.  It's so easy to forget just how insane that record is.  595 club goals by the age of 31! 

Tennant's  6's

Ronaldo never stops making the difference. Cracking first half that. Ajax, for a largely home grown side, are absolutely superb. 

The Internet
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Heard the commentator say messi has scored 40+ goals for ten years in a row.  It's so easy to forget just how insane that record is.  595 club goals by the age of 31! 

Plus he's their main creator. 45 goals, 17 assists in 47 games this season. Totally finished though.

1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Ronaldo never stops making the difference. Cracking first half that. Ajax, for a largely home grown side, are absolutely superb. 

the fact that their team will probably be ripped apart in the summer (de jong already away to barca) makes me want them to win it this year

McTominay looking perfectly comfortable at this level. Surely to **** a competent manager can start to build a half-decent Scotland team around him and Robertson.

Pity we don't have a competent manager...

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I love how luis suarez is barca's 5th all time top scorer. Should be 2nd if he stays another couple of years. 

if he keeps up his scoring rate he will be a distant second in around 55 games