Levein home again.( merged )

Heartsofgold

4 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Hope to see him back at his best soon.

That plastic pitch at Kilmarnock has a lot to answer for.

I think it was probably more so big Uche running towards him that has brought it on rather than the pitch. All seriousness though hope the big man recovers fully in time to continue our assault towards the treble. 

Edited by jamtartan74

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• It should have been ten

• Morgan

• Jammy T

Special Agent Dale Cooper
13 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

It seems I’ve upset a few contributors but it won’t let me edit my comment so it’s there to stay unfortunately. 

Here was me thinking that posting facts instead of all sorts of rumours flying around might help.

The club asked for privacy. You posted against their wishes.

Shameful.

This has made me feel sick. Nothing to do with football but just the human side of it. I’ll treat everything on here as rumours but will take from the statement that this was a serious medical problem.

All the very best Craig. Do whatever you need to to make sure you recover properly.

39 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

says he received medical treatment and is recovering well in hospital. speedy recovery big man 

Recovering well,that's the good news.Get well soon big man.

Thomaso - we’ve had our differences, to say the least - but to have gone through something awful like that I am genuinely glad to hear that you are ok.

I promise not to say anything to get you seething moving forward ;)

Edited by Jammy T

Wont need a singing section on Saturday

Just a full stadium rendition of "only one Craig Levein" will do

Get well soon Craig

Not sure how this could be organised but a card and flowers? From JKB to his home/club with our best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Admins!!!!!!! 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Some people bemoan Kickback for disagreement on threads. Well, it's sad it took a thread like this to achieve unanimity. Get well soon Craig.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Thought you had been a bit quiet on here. Speedy recovery to you and Craig. 

Head in the sand to the great things Craig is achieving......................................:thumbsup:

Just now, ford donald said:

Recovering well,that's the good news.Get well soon big man.

Always take statements such as this with a pinch of salt.

When the official line was that Ferguson was recovering well it was anything but as I happen to know someone ITK on that front.

Not being a scaremonger or anything but we should all just stay fairly circumspect at this time and leave the club to deal with this as it wants without making assumptions or demands of anybody.

Just now, Jammy T said:

Thomaso - we’ve had our differences, to say the least - but to have gone through awful like that I am genuinely glad to hear that you are ok.

I promise not to say anything to get you seething moving forward ;)

Hey Jammy I really appreciate that.  New start for you and me - friendly banter only! :thumbsup:

North Berwick Jambo

Get well soon! 

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Get well soon Craig

He wore No 4 most of his career.

Let’s have a massive round of applause and fans singing his name in the 4th minute.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I’m sure he’ll be back quicker than we expect. 

Can’t wait to see how he sledgehammers a health scare joke into his next press conference. 

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Thought you had been a bit quiet on here. Speedy recovery to you and Craig. 

Left me with no one to argue with! 

:lol: 

27 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I had a heart attack and two stents fitted only a couple of weeks ago - I'm now absolutely fine and back driving and at work.   The full recovery from this kind of thing is 99% and I'm sure Craig will be absolutely fine.

I would not anticipate him being in the dug out for around 4 weeks.

Best wishes to him.

Sorry to hear of your troubles ,glad to hear of your recovery and your well being,well done!

54 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Can see why they do it, but hate these closed statements, with little detail, just makes me think the worst!

I was just thinking on Saturday that Craig could do with losing a considerable bit of weight.  Hope it just a "warning" along the lines of something like a mild heart problem that can be dealt with or, even better a nothing more than a virus.

Get well immediately Craig!

PS Edit - never read through whole thread.  Having lost 3 stone in 8 months without missing out on great meals, get on something similar big man.  We want you not so big and healthy ASAP!!! 

Edited by colinmaroon

10 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Get well soon Craig

100% correct 

40 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I don't think you should be posting private details of someone's health on here.

Lighten up mate. This is a talk forum after all.

SN hasn't invaded anyone's privacy. Most fans will be thankful its not a full on heart attack. 

1 minute ago, ford donald said:

Sorry to hear of your troubles ,glad to hear of your recovery and your well being,well done!

Many thanks Donald. Craig is a lot fitter than me, so I am sure he will also make a speedy recovery.

8 minutes ago, BigC said:

He wore No 4 most of his career.

Let’s have a massive round of applause and fans singing his name in the 4th minute.

Great idea.

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Depends on the situation tbh. If you have a heart attack they may well insert a stent asap but, speaking from experience, if it's angina then you get an angiogram done first to see what the extent of the issue is then a couple of weeks later I got the angioplasty (stent). It was done privately as well. Regarding CL it may be nothing to do with his heart and I think we should avoid speculation at this time. 

Agreed. Stents can be inserted in pretty much any blood vessel.

letsmakesomenoise

Get well soon Craig. Nothing’s more important than your health, not even the restoration of Natural Order!

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Left me with no one to argue with! 

:lol: 

I have seen the light and I have turned over a new leaf! :lightbulb:

Seymour M Hersh
35 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I had a heart attack and two stents fitted only a couple of weeks ago - I'm now absolutely fine and back driving and at work.   The full recovery from this kind of thing is 99% and I'm sure Craig will be absolutely fine.

I would not anticipate him being in the dug out for around 4 weeks.

Best wishes to him.

Glad to hear all is well T. Did you get the stents inserted as soon as you went in? When I got mine there was a delay but then I was only getting angina.

I don't often post but felt that I wanted to add my name to the thread here wishing the gaffer a speedy and full recovery. All the best Sir.

Son Of Anarchy

Just heard and totally shocked. Let's make this a galvanising situation on Saturday. He's one of our own, our gaffer. Let's make some noise!

Ecce Romanov

Get well soon big man. 

Good to see a sympathetic thread on Hibs.net too.

Let's keep things going for him in the meantime lads 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Agreed. Stents can be inserted in pretty much any blood vessel.

I suppose they can I'd never really thought about that. One change I have been informed about is that when I got mine (97) they went in through the federal artery in the thigh nowadays I believe they go in through the artery in the wrist. Honestly the medical advancements are truly incredible. My doc told me that even if it had only been 5 years earlier then it would have been a single by-pass which is of course major, major surgery. Amazing! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

It seems I’ve upset a few contributors but it won’t let me edit my comment so it’s there to stay unfortunately. 

Here was me thinking that posting facts instead of all sorts of rumours flying around might help.

I'm sure you meant well

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Glad to hear all is well T. Did you get the stents inserted as soon as you went in? When I got mine there was a delay but then I was only getting angina.

I had two heart attacks at home - the last one was a 'biggy' at around midnight.  The ambulance got to me about 20 minutes, they gave me an ECG and called in the results to the hospital. When I got there they were waiting for me and the stents were fitted about 30 minutes later.

I am now absolutely fine. Many complain about the NHS however in emergency cases they are absolutely fantastic!!

Well this is a bit of a shock - take it easy Craig!

Football management is a brutal business and he needs to take care of himself.

AlphonseCapone

FS that's brutal. 

All the best Craig, hope to see you running circles around Scottish football again very soon.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Levein taken to hospital, but home again.