Levein home again.( merged )

Heartsofgold

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

He's funny, intelligent and has good teeth - I can see why they'd think that was weird in a manager.

(appreciate their good wishes though)

Get well soon Craig!

That must be it. ?

Won’t dwell on it too much, just found it a bit of an odd statement and couldn’t really see where he was coming from with it.

I’ll not be dragging this thread off topic though. All thoughts currently with our legend. ❤️?

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• It should have been ten

• Morgan

• Jammy T

Get well soon Craig.  Time to let the assistants step up to the plate.

A couple of things on Twitter making me a bit concerned. I know - ignore baseless social media.

Would be good to get a formal update soon. Not demanding anything. But would like to stop worrying.

I did notice on Saturday at Kilmarnock he was sat in the dug out every time I looked over to the bench except when we scored and big Uche came charging over to the bench. 

Maybe thats was was the final straw and triggered it off ... 

get well soon Craig, only come back when you are fully recovered, let your assitants run the show in the meantime.   

StevenNaismith
20 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

A couple of things on Twitter making me a bit concerned. I know - ignore baseless social media.

Would be good to get a formal update soon. Not demanding anything. But would like to stop worrying.

I don’t use Twitter, what are you seeing on there?

Remembering what happened to the late Jock Stein back in 1985, it just goes to show the pressure of frontline football management, something we all tend to forget sometimes. The transfer window and the protracted transfer of big Laff would not have helped things either. Get well soon Craig.

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, novoman said:

I did notice on Saturday at Kilmarnock he was sat in the dug out every time I looked over to the bench except when we scored and big Uche came charging over to the bench. 

Maybe thats was was the final straw and triggered it off ... 

get well soon Craig, only come back when you are fully recovered, let your assitants run the show in the meantime.   

He was in the stand at Motherwell yesterday 

2 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

He was in the stand at Motherwell yesterday 

Hopefully he was well enough to celebrate the late Motherwell equaliser.

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I am now absolutely fine. Many complain about the NHS however in emergency cases they are absolutely fantastic!!

Hear, hear. Same thing happened to me seven years ago and they were absolutely brilliant. Two days in CCU in St John's and then moved to the ERI when stable for angioplasty. Home two days later.

There was some research done on this and it is absolutely uncanny the number of times it happens early on a Monday morning.

30 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Hopefully people are not posting malicious rumours.

Fingers crossed that everything is ok with our Craig. 

I have a feeling that this will galvanise our club even ore in the coming weeks.

16 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I don't think it would be appropriate for people to speculate on something like this. Think that should be left to Twitter. (Where it still shouldn't happen)

37 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Its on twitter so big bag of salt - not my rumour or assertion - just that he needed a defibrillator.

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hearts statement said he is "recovering well in hospital" so there is no cause for undue alarm. 

I posted something earlier - maybe with too much info about some other manager for the mods - but I’d take initial official statements with a pinch of salt also. Often issued to buy time and stop questions.

Edited by Jammy T

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

You know what will help his recovery? Pumping st mirren. Come on boys help the gaffer feel better

Probably up there with the easiest team talks Austin and Jon will ever have to make. 

Just in, not had a second to look at papers or jkb all day and the first thing I see is this. Ffs, absolutely gutted to read he's been taken ill. I hope it isn't too serious and makes a quick and speedy recovery. All the best Craig.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Jambof3tornado
51 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Its on twitter so big bag of salt - not my rumour or assertion - just that he needed a defender.

FTFY

So Make Some Noise..

First and foremost, gutted to hear the news and wish him a very speedy recovery. 

Secondary, I don't think this will affect the boys too much. When Naisy was on the radio last week he said Craig takes a back step from training and leaves his backroom staff to it until Thursday / Friday when he gets involved with analysis. As many have said, I hope this simply galvanises the squad to continue the good form and keep a smile on his face. 

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Wishing Craig Levein a full and speedy recovery

Nice message from our regular and welcome contributor from Aberdeen.

And 'get well soon Craig' from me too.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Its on twitter so big bag of salt - not my rumour or assertion - just that he needed a defibrillator.

A defibrillator is used to monitor the cardiac output so you can use a AED without actually doing the whole cpr business. No biggie.

I was at A war of two halves today and was told that Ann had being advised this morning that he had had an operation and was recovering well. People should not speculate just wish him a full and speedy recovery. So I will sign off wishing him all the best for a full and speedy recovery.

1 hour ago, Crete said:

Get well Craig don't rush back until you are fully recovered health comes first.

I don't think AB will let him come back too soon.

Here's hoping he makes a full recovery from whatever the problem is and comes back raring to go.

The Future's Maroon

Been reading this thread all day, and only now (after post work pints) I noticed the error in the thread title ?

iain ferguson
28 minutes ago, brownkg said:

I was at A war of two halves today and was told that Ann had being advised this morning that he had had an operation and was recovering well. People should not speculate just wish him a full and speedy recovery. So I will sign off wishing him all the best for a full and speedy recovery.

Well said! Best wishes to Craig and his family.

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Been reading this thread all day, and only now (after post work pints) I noticed the error in the thread title ?

been annoying me all day :jj_facepalm:

3 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Unless the hospital was in France (and forgetting the caret).

39 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

A defibrillator is used to monitor the cardiac output so you can use a AED without actually doing the whole cpr business. No biggie.

That’s a relief - cheers

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Levein taken to hospital, but home again.