Levein home again.( merged )

Heartsofgold

Unknown user
41 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I had a heart attack and two stents fitted only a couple of weeks ago - I'm now absolutely fine and back driving and at work.   The full recovery from this kind of thing is 99% and I'm sure Craig will be absolutely fine.

I would not anticipate him being in the dug out for around 4 weeks.

Best wishes to him.

Jeez, well that puts some perspective on life's petty squabbles eh? Glad to hear you're feeling better :thumbsup:

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• It should have been ten

• Morgan

• Jammy T

Fxxx the SPFL
36 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Cheers Davy.  After taking it easy for a couple of weeks the Doc stressed that it was important to get on with my life - driving, working, golf, etc. Cardiology is one of the most advance medical sciences and full recovery from having a stent fitted is excellent.

glad your on the mend Thomaso.

get well soon Craig

best in the land

Craig will be fine he's a fighter(ask  Mr hogg!) 

Natural order will be restored soon enough. 

Get well soon craig 

Edited by best in the land

Just now, Smithee said:

Jeez, well that puts some perspective on life's petty squabbles eh? Glad to hear you're feeling better :thumbsup:

Thanks Smithee.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I had two heart attacks at home - the last one was a 'biggy' at around midnight.  The ambulance got to me about 20 minutes, they gave me an ECG and called in the results to the hospital. When I got there they were waiting for me and the stents were fitted about 30 minutes later.

I am now absolutely fine. Many complain about the NHS however in emergency cases they are absolutely fantastic!!

That's phenomenal!! And you're correct about A&E they do a brilliant job. My stent has been in over 20 years and never had a single issue. 

1 minute ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

glad your on the mend Thomaso.

get well soon Craig

Cheers Ray.

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

That's phenomenal!! And you're correct about A&E they do a brilliant job. My stent has been in over 20 years and never had a single issue. 

If Craig has had a heart attack, and has had a stent fitted, then in the circumstances that is good news.  His ticker will now be in pretty good condition and he will be well monitored going forward.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Thomaso said:

If Craig has had a heart attack, and has had a stent fitted, then in the circumstances that is good news.  His ticker will now be in pretty good condition and he will be well monitored going forward.

Exactly.:2thumbsup:

Love Levein, best wishes for a speedy recovery sir. Incidentally my Hibs supporting brother, appalling I know but I prefer to see it as a tribute to the city we live in, has just pointed out to me that there is a thread on hibs.net wishing him a speedy recovery. Edinburgh staying classy. 

49 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I had a heart attack and two stents fitted only a couple of weeks ago - I'm now absolutely fine and back driving and at work.   The full recovery from this kind of thing is 99% and I'm sure Craig will be absolutely fine.

Best wishes to him.

Not so good. Sorry to hear that Thomaso. My step dad had a quadruple bypass a few years ago after thinking he was just going to get a stent put in. All major surgery carries a risk, the GA alone carries a significant risk. Glad you are okay.

132goals1958
50 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Best wishes to him.

Great to hear you as good as new ---- in fact better than new? 

Get well soon Craig, had a quick look on dot net some surprisingly decent types on there wishing Craig all the best, one of them summed it up for me saying it's only a game after all

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Love Levein, best wishes for a speedy recovery sir. Incidentally my Hibs supporting brother, appalling I know but I prefer to see it as a tribute to the city we live in, has just pointed out to me that there is a thread on hibs.net wishing him a speedy recovery. Edinburgh staying classy. 

I’ve just read the thread. Lots of kind wishes and a couple of dissenting numpties amongst them who were quickly rounded on by the rest. At the end of the day, it’s just a game.

Best wishes Craig for a full and speedy recovery.

The White Cockade
8 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Get well soon Craig. Still not your biggest fan. Don't wish Ill health on anyone.

Why would you even say that?

Get a grip 

Anyway all the best big man for a full recovery 

some things are more important than football 

Jambof3tornado

Get well soon gaffer.

Assuming SN is correct then it sworth pointing out that most post op stent patients feel better than they have done in years.

Always remember a job on the ambulance a few years back to a John Robertson...............

Gutted when I got there to find it wisnae the hammer of hibs!!

The Future's Maroon

Edit: should have kept that comment to myself, apologies.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

upgotheheads
19 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I’ve read that McPhee will take charge of first team duties in his absence. 

McPhee seems to be more and more prominent at the club and imo that's a good thing. He came through the Cathro debacle well by all accounts and he's been noticed in coaching circles outside of Scotland.

I have been thinking that he may be the natural successor to CL. The next few weeks might give him the opportunity to show his worth.

And get well soon Craig.

Edited by upgotheheads

JudyJudyJudy
37 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Wont need a singing section on Saturday

Just a full stadium rendition of "only one Craig Levein" will do

Get well soon Craig

I nearly cried reading that !! Great suggestion 

4 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Been released from hospital.

Excellent news.

Seems helluva a quick, hopefully a sign it isn't too serious

Hope the big daft bugger isn't rushing hinself out to sign us players

Edited by davie1980

Fitzroy Pointon
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

McPhee seems to be more and more prominent at the club and imo that's a good thing. He came through the Cathro debacle well by all accounts and he's been noticed in coaching circles outside of Scotland.

I have been thinking that he may be the natural successor to CL. The next few weeks might give him the opportunity to show his worth.

Big Uche ran straight to him on Saturday. I'm sure Austin will do fine in the gaffers absence although I'm sure there will be a hotline straight to his bedside. 

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, BigC said:

Wow! That was quick.

He’s not been at the wind up again, has he? even by Craig’s standards that’s pretty epic

It should have been ten
14 minutes ago, Jodami said:

That is humbling, puts football into perspective. Wish the big man all the very best and a speedy recovery. Love the guy ❤️

The Future's Maroon

Take my comment with a pinch if salt, seems someone may have been at the noise up, although heard from two different folk he has been released (don’t take it as gospel just yet).

I had a heart attack in October 2016....The day hearts lost 2 v 1 against Killie.  Had 2 stents fitted and no problem since.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Levein taken to hospital, but home again.