• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• It should have been ten

• Morgan

• Jammy T

Hungry hippo

Take your time Craig. Daly and McPhee will be be fine to take charge for the weekend and Ann Budge can handle all transfer talks - I'm sure she's already aware who we would like in and out with Austin able to discuss playing strategy with a target if necessary.

No reason he can't take at least 3 weeks off. Good luck Craig and I really hope you think of your long term health. 

Fitzroy Pointon
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I had a heart attack and two stents fitted only a couple of weeks ago - I'm now absolutely fine and back driving and at work.   The full recovery from this kind of thing is 99% and I'm sure Craig will be absolutely fine.

I would not anticipate him being in the dug out for around 4 weeks.

Best wishes to him.

That's good news, for both of you. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

I had a heart attack and two stents fitted only a couple of weeks ago - I'm now absolutely fine and back driving and at work.   The full recovery from this kind of thing is 99% and I'm sure Craig will be absolutely fine.

Best wishes to him.

Good to hear, and good to hear you've made a quick recovery too. :)

Best wishes go to CL. Get well soon.

The Apprentice

Get well soon big guy!  Hopefully nothing too serious and first and foremost he makes a full recovery.

...a bit disco

Best wishes to him.

Boy next to me took a heart attack at the start of the 4-0 Celtic game last season.

A couple of stents and he was back in full sweary health 2-3 weeks later.

Brick Tamland

Hopefully he’ll recover very quickly and be in the dug out on Saturday. 

Get well soon. 

Best wishes to him.

Jesus Christ Thomaso this sort of thing frightens the life out of me. Glad you are ok!! 

Get well soon Craig. 

Jambo, Goodbye
Just now, Armageddon said:

A nice thread on Hibs.net wishing him all the best, this is where I feel the Hearts Hibs rivalry is top class, The Ugly Sisters want to kill each other.

Also, this did make me laugh over a non-funny situation:

"What's your blood type, Craig?"

"B Negative"

These type of situations normally make for a warm hearted effort from either Edinburgh rivals. Always good to see ?

JudyJudyJudy

Its when one reads something like this you realise that football is only a game and health is far more important. Get well soon Craig. I remember him from the 1985 season when they players had to take their laundry to the local one in Gorgie.  Bumped into him a few times there.  Great guy.  

Really sorry to hear this, but glad he has been well taken care of and is now on his way back to recovery. He's pretty young to have this happen to him.

Just now, wavydavy said:

You take it easy as well.

Cheers Davy.  After taking it easy for a couple of weeks the Doc stressed that it was important to get on with my life - driving, working, golf, etc. Cardiology is one of the most advance medical sciences and full recovery from having a stent fitted is excellent.

John Findlay

Here's to a full recovery Craig. Haste ye back when you are fit and well. Dinnae  forget they can sign contracts at your bedside:laugh2::whistling:.

Edited by John Findlay

Maroonblood22

****ing hell! Terrible news, get well soon Craig!

Players and management team to keep the title challenge alive for the gaffer!

All roads lead to Gorgie

I wish Craig a speedy and full recovery. 

Let's give him the privacy that is appropriate though. 

GorgieRules22

Let this galvanise us even more and the best way possible let’s fill out Tynecastle on Saturday and get behind Craig’s team !!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Craig . I'm glad that we kept Austin as he can step up for a few games until CL is back. It's now over to Ann to keep prospective signings on board. 

StevenNaismith

It seems I’ve upset a few contributors but it won’t let me edit my comment so it’s there to stay unfortunately. 

Here was me thinking that posting facts instead of all sorts of rumours flying around might help.

Edited by StevenNaismith

Get well soon gaffer. 

Unfortunatley if it’s serious enough to be stated this way he may be out of action for weeks or even months ?

Not speculating, but would be terrible. Obviously more importantly for him, but the club too.

Unknown user

Just been watching the highlights and I'd noticed the bags under his eyes. If the stents thing is true he should come back with more energy and feeling less tired now that enough blood's getting through his system, my mum was like a new woman after getting stents.

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

These type of situations normally make for a warm hearted effort from either Edinburgh rivals. Always good to see ?

Got to agree. It's purely a full blown football rivalry in Edinburgh.Thanks to those on .net for their wishes and I'm sure we'd do the same in reverse circumstances.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

It seems I’ve upset a few contributors but it won’t let me edit my comment so it’s there to stay unfortunately. 

Here was me thinking  if that posting facts instead of all sorts it rumours flying around might help.

Understand your intentions were honorable but there’s a reason the statement asked for privacy. For all we know some of his family may not have been informed of the details yet.

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Jesus Christ Thomaso this sort of thing frightens the life out of me. Glad you are ok!! 

Get well soon Craig. 

Cheers Des. Bit of a shock - mainly for Mrs Thomaso - but I'm absolutely fine now.  The big man will be back in the dug out before you know it, when I will happily join in a big round of applause to welcome him back.

Alex Kintner
Just now, Thomaso said:

Cheers Des. Bit of a shock - mainly for Mrs Thomaso - but I'm absolutely fine now.  The big man will be back in the dug out before you know it, when I will happily join in a big round of applause to welcome him back.

Glad you’re doing ok Thomaso ??

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Let this galvanise us even more and the best way possible let’s fill out Tynecastle on Saturday and get behind Craig’s team !!

Sure it will. I predict a phenomenal atmosphere on Saturday by Category B game standards.

In a way, this might just increase the clear bond developing between all at the club.

I would expect everyone will want to put in a performance this weekend coming.

Cheers Davy.  After taking it easy for a couple of weeks the Doc stressed that it was important to get on with my life - driving, working, golf, etc. Cardiology is one of the most advance medical sciences and full recovery from having a stent fitted is excellent.

My old man had a heart attack 10 years ago, had a stent fitted and he’s still going strong.

Just celebrated his 70th birthday.

He did have a pacemaker fitted a couple of  months back, which should extend his life by a number of years.

Just now, Frank1874 said:

Glad you’re doing ok Thomaso ??

Cheers Frank.

Obviously we don't know the details, but football management has to be right up there with the most stressful of jobs.  Working 34/7 and constantly in the spotlight, the pressure at times must be intense, and physically exacting on even the strongest of constitutions.  We're all behind you in this, Craig.

6 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Boy next to me took a heart attack at the start of the 4-0 Celtic game last season.

A couple of stents and he was back in full sweary health 2-3 weeks later.

I'll be back at Tynie on Saturday on the promise I keep calm........................................................:kirk: 

10 minutes ago, communist said:

Good to hear, and good to hear you've made a quick recovery too. :)

Best wishes go to CL. Get well soon.

Thanks mate.

Carl Fredrickson

Hope Craig makes a quick recovery (glad to hear of your recovery Thomaso) 

Craig is a vital cog to everything that goes on at the club and I hope we have folk that can cover well for him in his absence. 

Craigs influence on the club cannot be understated and I hope that he can switch off from all things Hearts until he is fit enough to come back.

17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Best wishes to him.

Thought you had been a bit quiet on here. Speedy recovery to you and Craig. 

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronary-angioplasty/what-happens/

Might be quicker with private medical care.

Depends on the situation tbh. If you have a heart attack they may well insert a stent asap but, speaking from experience, if it's angina then you get an angiogram done first to see what the extent of the issue is then a couple of weeks later I got the angioplasty (stent). It was done privately as well. Regarding CL it may be nothing to do with his heart and I think we should avoid speculation at this time. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Levein taken to hospital, but home again.