Levein home again.( merged )

Heartsofgold

If good wishes alone have anything to do with a recovery the Gaffer will be fine....

As a wee boy I literally looked up to Levein and some of his peers as absolute Gods....mere mortals like every single one of us in the end up....

God Speed Gaffer from Jambos here there & everywhere all over the world..... ❤

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• It should have been ten

• Morgan

• Jammy T

The Future's Maroon

Nice touch from Hibs posting on Twitter wishing him well and a speedy recovery.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

It seems I’ve upset a few contributors but it won’t let me edit my comment so it’s there to stay unfortunately. 

Here was me thinking that posting facts instead of all sorts of rumours flying around might help.

I can only guess that you are an employee of the hospital he was in, given not one newspaper knows why he was in hospital, and the club have released no details either. Not sure if hospital employees have the same sort of restrictions in place as GP's for example, but I'd imagine that if the family had asked for no details to be released then none should have been released, by anyone.

I hope whatever the cause was he has a speedy recovery and is back on his feet as quickly as possible.

Hope Craig recovers well and also as much as the team is important, does not rush back before he is ready.

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

If good wishes alone have anything to do with a recovery the Gaffer will be fine....

As a wee boy I literally looked up to Levein and some of his peers as absolute Gods....mere mortals like every single one of us in the end up....

Hear hear ❤️

The Future's Maroon
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

I can only guess that you are an employee of the hospital he was in, given not one newspaper knows why he was in hospital, and the club have released no details either. Not sure if hospital employees have the same sort of restrictions in place as GP's for example, but I'd imagine that if the family had asked for no details to be released then none should have been released, by anyone.

I hope whatever the cause was he has a speedy recovery and is back on his feet as quickly as possible.

Not the time for pulling folk up, even if the info is correct, it was an error on the posters part.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, poster obv just wanted to let folk know it wasn’t as serious as could have been

The main thing being he is recovering well.

20 minutes ago, Bez said:

Not so good. Sorry to hear that Thomaso. My step dad had a quadruple bypass a few years ago after thinking he was just going to get a stent put in. All major surgery carries a risk, the GA alone carries a significant risk. Glad you are okay.

Thanks Bes. My op was a complete success and I am now back to my usual pain in the arse self!!  :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Great to hear you as good as new ---- in fact better than new? 

Cheers mate.

Jambof3tornado

I'd like to thank SN for his post.

We all know how news like this could have grown arms and legs.

However he got his info he brought it to us in good faith that he was doing the right thing.

No problem with that at all.

Club statement later in the day I expect.

The Old Tolbooth
52 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hey Jammy I really appreciate that.  New start for you and me - friendly banter only! :thumbsup:

Absolutely feeling the love between yourself and Jammy now :D 

Oh, and glad you've made a good recovery mate :thumb:

6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I can assure you that they do indeed have the same restrictions. It is  sackable offence to give out medical details of any patients.

Anyway, get well soon Craig and a good performance and 3 points on Saturday would be the perfect pick me up 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

However he got his info he brought it to us in good faith that he was doing the right thing.

I totally agree.

Just now, Swanny17 said:

If he is out of hospital already, I guess it could be atrial fibrilation? 

Good news if he has been discharged - if that is the case he has not had a stent fitted.

Bickering, point scoring, speculation.  None of it of any use.    Let's just hope CL is indeed out of danger and on the mend.    

30 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Love Levein, best wishes for a speedy recovery sir. Incidentally my Hibs supporting brother, appalling I know but I prefer to see it as a tribute to the city we live in, has just pointed out to me that there is a thread on hibs.net wishing him a speedy recovery. Edinburgh staying classy. 

Yep fair play to Hibsnet that’s decent. 

You can get stents fitted for more than just heart issues. I should know, I had one fitted last year when I had kidney stone issues. I'm still traumatised from it! Constant feeling of needing to piss myself which isn't very good when you work 70 miles from home :D

it was even worse than the colonoscopy and cystoscopy that followed. :(:D

Anyway, get well soon Craig.

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

?

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Great to hear that you are recovering, Thomaso.  Take it easy.

Shocked to hear about Craig but he is in good hands. Get well soon, gaffer. 

Cheers Jonno.

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

I think we need to rely on what we hear officially to be honest.

No offence to anyone.

Yes indeed,apart from members who had heart problems.

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

You can get stents fitted for more than just heart issues. I should know, I had one fitted last year when I had kidney stone issues. I'm still traumatised from it! Constant feeling of needing to piss myself which isn't very good when you work 70 miles from home :D

it was even worse than the colonoscopy and cystoscopy that followed. :(:D

Anyway, get well soon Craig.

Verging on too much information there mate......:cornette_dog:

19 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Well said

7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Absolutely feeling the love between yourself and Jammy now :D 

Many have said it won't last.......:thumbsup:

loveofthegame

From an unbelievably selfish perspective I hope the club put an end to the rumour and speculation and confirm one way or the other, however I am sure they will be acting on Craig's wishes so when he wants the wider public to know, the club will let us know.

I love our Craigy and hope to see him back very, very soon.

Had a stent fitted 3 years ago - even watched them do it! Overnight in hospital then sent home.   No problems since. All the best Craig. Hope you get back to Tynecastle quickly we need you fit and well.

jamboinglasgow

Horrible news. Hopefully a speedy recovery.

I can imagine him taking a month off. Though I am sure he will still be checking up on things.

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Many have said it won't last.......:thumbsup:

They said the same about me and my ex wife too....just saying :D 

Get well soon gaffer. 

I for one am looking forward to hus wise crack about this in his next news conference. 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Verging on too much information there mate......:cornette_dog:

You're welcome ;)

Good to hear you're on the mend.

Many comments on here re heart issues. But reading club statement there's no mention of what his ailment is. He could have broken his leg (which would be much better than a heart ailment). 

StevenNaismith
23 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I’m not an employee of the hospital, I just happen to be a friend of the family. I’ll be posting nothing more on it and leave you lot to it.

Edited by StevenNaismith

Just now, neilnunb said:

You're welcome ;)

Good to hear you're on the mend.

Cheers Neil.

As we now have :leveinnaturalorder:in the derbies.

It is time to look after yourself, Austin & the team will keep things going forward and Mrs Budge will ensure you get your signings on board for the challenges ahead in what could be a very :levein_interesting:season ahead and we want you to be at your best to enjoy it.

Get well big man.

Also good to hear you are recovering well Thomaso. :2thumbsup:

Edited by Jamdub

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’m not an employee of the hospital, I just happen to be a friend of the family. 

I for one am glad that you let us know what was wrong, without going into the minutiae. Can you imagine the confusion and concern on here if you hadn't - the speculation would have been off the gauge. Now we know it's something manageable and from which he can make a full recovery, so that's great news.

I imagine that the "privacy" request was more geared towards the media anyway - one of the last things the family want at the moment is reporters hassling them at the hospital and at home.

4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’m not an employee of the hospital, I just happen to be a friend of the family. I’ll be posting nothing more on it and leave you lot to it.

People were always going to be inquisitive, mate. Nothing wrong with your posts imo.

Best wishes gaffer- health and family comes first. Time for the others around at the club to step up and continue the good work.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

People were always going to be inquisitive, mate. Nothing wrong with your posts imo.

I agree.

12 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Appreciate the news but alas some others didn't. My suspicion was you had to be a friend or family. 

Anyhow all the best to Craig!

17 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

You’ve done absolutely nothing wrong. People are just a bit emotional. 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Levein taken to hospital, but home again.