Vanecek Signs Pre-Contract

El Diez

4 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

2nd half of last season we only had 1 striker. Now we sign more suddenly its a bad thing...

Sammon will be gone.

Presuming we play 2 up top, 4 strikers is the basic number. WIth Currie & Keena as backup, either in the reserve league or on loan

It was shocking that we got ourself in a position of having 1 striker last season it’s never a bad thing to have more options.

looking at the situation this boy is coming to play and not just be a squad player as he’s turned down other offers in his counties top league.  I think he will be first choice, I’m hoping of 2 with Lafferty. 

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Agentjambo

• Jambof3tornado

• Fubar_Stef

22 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Pardon? I have no evidence whatsoever other than its reported there is interest from elsewhere 

I very much hope he is here next season. Hopefully via an extended contract 

This place is ****ing unbelievable these days. If you express an honest opinion you are rounded upon 

I apologise if my opinion has had a profoundly de-stabalising effect on the club 

**** sake 

Do you have small hands Spencer? 

If not it must be troublesome playing the world’s smallest violin. 

JamboBornNBred
55 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair to Spencer it has to be said that we look to have a wide selection of strikers for next season. The wider that gets the more likely someone might move on. 

Yeah..........................Sammon :) (hopefully)

Tynecastle Valhalla

If he is as good as popisil or bednar were then would be very happy 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We trying to set a record for signing players? 

Seems quantity is winning out.

#prayforLaffertyNaismithMitchell

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Just thinking that myself.  Going to be some unhappy players this season with little game time.

3 minutes ago, RENE said:

Just thinking that myself.  Going to be some unhappy players this season with little game time.

Hopefully it’s a case of no ones guaranteed a starting spot. Might see some genuine passion and competition. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Behave , no need for aggro amongst fellow jambos ! All got different opinions but at end of day we all want same 

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • cosanostra unlocked this topic

Barry Anderson tweeting he expects David to be a hearts player by the time he gets back from his holiday 

Either permanent or a pre contract 

With regards to the number of players being signed, perhaps it’s to do with the fact that we have a reserve league this season and not an under age league like previous seasons. We will be playing more older players mixed with strongest younger players

Like the sound of this guy.

He looks like a big unit too. 

Need to sort out some talent from wide areas to make chances for him though.

By the light
3 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

With regards to the number of players being signed, perhaps it’s to do with the fact that we have a reserve league this season and not an under age league like previous seasons. We will be playing more older players mixed with strongest younger players

Good shout. Hadn’t thought about that. 

18 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Barry Anderson tweeting he expects David to be a hearts player by the time he gets back from his holiday 

:interehjrling:

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

We're not signing players to play reserve team football. Its more to do with the lack of squad depth last season and our reliance on very young lads who werent all ready to step up as often as the were asked to.

It should have been ten
On 08/06/2018 at 19:59, Tenor said:

Lafferty would be a huge loss imo. Almost managed 20 goals with very limited distribution.

In a better side, he could hit 30!

Spot on, pointless letting him go when he’s exactly what we need 

On 20/06/2018 at 12:12, Juanjo15 said:

Craig’s going gung-ho.  I like it :) 

33 minutes ago, Tatlock said:

29 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

This would be a good signing 

Could be a key one 

I realise we’re not signing for a reserve team but by signing older players we will use them in reserve team to keep them match fit when needed for first team. We had a limit on how many older players we could use previously 

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Barry Anderson seems like a nice enough bloke. Does anyone on here know him ? Or who his contacts are ? 

I assume Barry is on here...

He seems to be getting some exclusives from Hearts.  In the last year some stories have been in EEN first.

The rest mainly seems to be from JKB. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
On 20/06/2018 at 13:28, Sir Gio said:

I wanted to say something similar but couldn't be arsed with the aggro. :laugh:

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Sorry maybe I’m looking at the wrong player or something but I’m not really reading anything about him that’s getting me excited!! That said if he signs he’ll get my full backing and wish him well.

1 hour ago, Tatlock said:

I realise we’re not signing for a reserve team but by signing older players we will use them in reserve team to keep them match fit when needed for first team. We had a limit on how many older players we could use previously 

You made a very valid point.

It didn't deserve the snooty reply. In fact if you think about it is quite obvious .

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:28, Sir Gio said:

We could, of course, continue with the same squad as last season.

Looking at who played for us last season we have lost 6 loanees (A Smith-Browne, Skinny, Mitchell, Naisy, Randall and Adao) with no certainty of any of them returning.

One way or another we have punted Walker, McGhee, Hamilton, Buaben, Nowak, Stockton, Grzelak, Petkov and Goncalves.  Which ones would you have kept bearing in mind Walker and McGhee seemed to want to leave?

So that's 15 players.

What should we be doing?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We could, of course, continue with the same squad as last season.

Looking at who played for us last season we have lost 6 loanees (A Smith-Browne, Skinny, Mitchell, Naisy, Randall and Adao) with no certainty of any of them returning.

One way or another we have punted Walker, McGhee, Hamilton, Buaben, Nowak, Stockton, Grzelak, Petkov and Goncalves.  Which ones would you have kept bearing in mind Walker and McGhee seemed to want to leave?

So that's 15 players.

What should we be doing?

ensuring quality is on the pitch

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Must mean Lafferty is on the way out. ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Must mean Lafferty is on the way out. ?

More likely sammon  be off and currie and Henderson be sent out on loan

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

ensuring quality is on the pitch

We've got shed loads of money so it is easy.  I suspect it is a job that will have to be done incrementally if we want to keep a financial rein on things.

If we were to sign 4 higher quality players instead of 8 lesser quality we would have to pay them much higher wages, which could cause division in the dressing-room and challenge team spirit.  There is also the question of injuries.  If 2 of these 4 were to sustain injury like Brandon, Djoum etc last season that's half of our budget blown on sidelined players.    I'm afraid there's no easy answer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We've got shed loads of money so it is easy.  I suspect it is a job that will have to be done incrementally if we want to keep a financial rein on things.

If we were to sign 4 higher quality players instead of 8 lesser quality we would have to pay them much higher wages, which could cause division in the dressing-room and challenge team spirit.  There is also the question of injuries.  If 2 of these 4 were to sustain injury like Brandon, Djoum etc last season that's half of our budget blown on sidelined players.    I'm afraid there's no easy answer.

Stacking the squad with players who may never get a kick wouldn't be my one all the same.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Stacking the squad with players who may never get a kick wouldn't be my one all the same.

You've said what you wouldn't do but have not said what you would do.  What would be your "one"?

As regards getting a kick, my understanding is that we are having a reserve league next season so there will be ample opportunity for everyone to get decent game time at a reasonable level and be more match fit than otherwise.

Cruyff Turn

Think the boy looks a superb player, first touch, movement, everything. 

hopefully it's him and lafferty up front, cornerbacks won't be able to cope. 

Auld Reekin'
24 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:sadrobbo:  

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:sadrobbo:  

Cornerbacks :rofl::rofl:

I'll need to Google that because it must come up on predictive text. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
52 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You've said what you wouldn't do but have not said what you would do.  What would be your "one"?

As regards getting a kick, my understanding is that we are having a reserve league next season so there will be ample opportunity for everyone to get decent game time at a reasonable level and be more match fit than otherwise.

I said put quality on the pitch. Tiresome. You need to accept that its opinion

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

About time we played some proper Soccer-ball.

Can't wait to see him taking penalties 

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Barry Anderson seems like a nice enough bloke. Does anyone on here know him ? Or who his contacts are ? 

I assume Barry is on here...

Hiya Barry 

scott herbertson
20 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Cornerbacks :rofl::rofl:

I'll need to Google that because it must come up on predictive text. 

would cut down the numbers of corners we concede i guess - maybe that's why we have signed so many players if we are looking for them too...

39 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I said put quality on the pitch. Tiresome. You need to accept that its opinion

I do accept it's opinion but when you criticise something surely you have some viable alternative/vision in mind. 

In fact, you did have.  You said

Now, don't you be tiresome and evasive and just say what your "one" would be, bearing in mind that quality does not grow on trees and has to be affordable.

Bazzas right boot
On 20/06/2018 at 14:12, Juanjo15 said:

Craig’s going gung-ho.  I like it :) 

2-3-5

No one to complain when rangers take 12 of us, as we had a go?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Yip, hoping, my big bugbear was how we dealt with the cornerbacks last season, CL needs to sort it out pronto, it's now his cornerback situation after Cathro made it too comfortable for the corner backs. 

No excuses for anything, including cornerback. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

2-3-5

There's a balance to be found. Not cowering in our own half for 90 minutes. Levein is too defensive away from home no matter how much you try to justify it. There are some on here who just want to go 'all out attack' which is equally wrong I agree but these people are right to complain. 

14 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Anyone think we've had a serious injection of dosh through this sponsorship deal paying for the squad additions?

No. Otherwise I'd expect some fees to have been paid as well. But will def have helped. I reckon there will be a few moving in the opposite direction soon though

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Anyone think we've had a serious injection of dosh through this sponsorship deal paying for the squad additions?

Nah. We've saved a bit by having about 12 senior players last season, just getting to a normal sized squad, tbh. 

44 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

There is, as you say, the StC sponsorship deal and maybe even a pound or two from Strongbow but I wonder if there is also some dividend from Paterson with Cardiff being promoted.

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

There is, as you say, the StC sponsorship deal and maybe even a pound or two from Strongbow but I wonder if there is also some dividend from Paterson with Cardiff being promoted.

Money from walker, goncalves and Hamilton aswell , grzelak, Stockton, Nowak and noring wages freed up in January and then the 9 players who've left this summer 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

There's a balance to be found. Not cowering in our own half for 90 minutes. Levein is too defensive away from home no matter how much you try to justify it. There are some on here who just want to go 'all out attack' which is equally wrong I agree but these people are right to complain. 

I love when people try and pretend is either all or nothing, you're bang on. The balance is in the middle. My hope is that last season was down to a total lack of confidence in his team to do as he needs away from home so it was caution to stop any routs which might unduly upset the fans.

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

2-3-5

13-12 ?