Vanecek Signs Pre-Contract

El Diez

lafferty leaving !  only place this is mentioned is on the abysmally  clueless kickback, wheres the queues of offers, wheres the management/club  indications were looking to offload. i'll believe banderson before kickback

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Agentjambo

• Jambof3tornado

• Fubar_Stef

13 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Don't mate, I know.

A lot of lady frocks getting soiled on here

Kind of what I thought.

If we sign a centre back next thing Souttar will be gone.

Players come and go we know that, but Levein was always going to do more business in this window. We were struggling at times for players last season.

Dr Ian Malcolm
48 minutes ago, ericb said:

And Sammon, Keena and Currie 

Sammon will be away on loan again, and the other two aren't senior strikers who'll be relied upon with any regularity.

5 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Sammon will be away on loan again, and the other two aren't senior strikers who'll be relied upon with any regularity.

I reckon Currie will be off on a six month loan to get back up to speed and Keena will be kept on, playing big minutes in the reserve league and making the odd first team appearance from the bench.

Don't understand why people seem adamant that Lafferty is away and we want to cash in on him.

The guys just banged in more goals than any player for a long time, has openly stated he wants to spend the foreseeable with the club, and the club have helped him a lot through his off the field struggles.

Only way he's leaving is if someone comes knocking with a serious offer and it would have to be something special to make us sell a guy who can bag 20 goals next season, and more importantly is 100% commuted to the club

chester copperpot

Poster A 'we need back up and competition for Lafferty next season'

We sign back up and competition

Poster A 'think we will lose Lafferty and Naismith' 

:lol:

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Barack said:

They'll get a chance to "prove themselves" in the pre-season friendlies. A half here, or there.

Then, they'll be shipped out again. Pretty clear with 4 fowards (if Vanecek signs) and Naismith too, chances will be slim, to anorexic at the first team.

Take Sammon out of it, as I think he'll go anyway, I think we'll let Zannata & Currie go too.

I agree with everything except the last part.  Zanatta has a chance.

Rory Currie has apparently bulked up and looks rapid.  The club have taken their time with his recovery and he has done loads in the gym and on conditioning.  I won't be surprised if he makes an impact next season.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Don't understand why people seem adamant that Lafferty is away and we want to cash in on him.

The guys just banged in more goals than any player for a long time, has openly stated he wants to spend the foreseeable with the club, and the club have helped him a lot through his off the field struggles.

Only way he's leaving is if someone comes knocking with a serious offer and it would have to be something special to make us sell a guy who can bag 20 goals next season, and more importantly is 100% commuted to the club

This. Few posters keep repeating the 'lafferty must be leaving chat'. Took us 20 years plus to get such a prolific striker...........we want to keep him.

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I agree with everything except the last part.  Zanatta has a chance.

Rory Currie has apparently bulked up and looks rapid.  The club have taken their time with his recovery and he has done loads in the gym and on conditioning.  I won't be surprised if he makes an impact next season.

Interesting. I like the way Currie plays when I've seen him play, smart movement off the ball

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This. Few posters keep repeating the 'lafferty must be leaving chat'. Took us 20 years plus to get such a prolific striker...........we want to keep him.

Maybe people offering their opinion that Lafferty could possibly move on considering forward options added could "de-stabilise the club" 

I'm slightly puzzled why people get so overly excitable about opposing views on here. Borders on intolerance 

Some place this nowadays 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Maybe people offering their opinion that Lafferty could possibly move on considering forward options added could "de-stabilise the club" 

I'm slightly puzzled why people get so overly excitable about opposing views on here. Borders on intolerance 

Some place this nowadays 

I've no objection to opposing views but constantly claiming Lafferty will be away is a nonsense. No offers in for him means he is staying.

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I've no objection to opposing views but constantly claiming Lafferty will be away is a nonsense. No offers in for him means he is staying.

How do you know there are no offers? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I pray Lafferty stays. Top striker and I think he will. This guy  is possibly insurance 

johnthomas
4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

How do you know there are no offers? 

Indeed . And again , if he doesn't extend his contract , he is up for sale . 

The Paterson situation ?

19 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Some place this nowadays 

Irony alert ☺

Escobar PHM

Cant see us wanting Lafferty to go unless the motivation for leaving comes from him. If we sign Vanacek, to me it suggests a significant change in the formation.

Possibly to a front 3 of Milinkovic, Vanacek, Lafferty as a first choice with others, (Ikpeazu, Mclean, Keena for example) all able to slot in to freshen it up, or off the bench, or to cover suspensions or injury. I think Zanatta can cover a wide position so I'd keep him but I wouldn't see places for Henderson or Currie and I think they'd both be sent out on loan or let go or possibly consigned to a season of reserve team football, which might be a better option than age group football or loaning down the leagues. We've also got the laddie Morrison to fit in at some stage. By all accounts he had a great first half of the season last year and he's surely knocking on the door also. Haven't seen him but can he play in midfield or right wing at all ?

We've gone from having no options up front to having more than we would reasonably need in a season.(If we sign Vanacek)

Midfield, if we can get Naismith back to play with Lee and Djoum(when fit) is starting to look okay, apart from a holding midfield player to replace Adao.I don't think we're getting him back and certainly shouldn't be splashing out for him. I'd like another attacking option in midfield if none of the 'front' players can be converted to play there.

Wing backs/full backs we look well covered for, although not 100% sure of the quality if we don't get Mitchell back. Godinho would be the first choice at right back/right wing back for me.

Centre back. We'll we need at least one to cover Berra and Souttar, and possibly we need two. I think we might sell Souttar this summer so we'd definitely need 2 if that happened.

Holding midfielder, half decent centre back, second choice keeper and the job is done pretty much.

Edited by Escobar PHM

42 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Some place this nowadays 

ann's had enough and is disolving the FOH

its not an opinion, it's just made up shit, getting in the road of reasonable opinion

From players signed to date I think it looks like we will get width from full backs either playing 3 at back or full backs pushed forward in back 4 (which a few have said is Levein favoured approach).

if this was case you could easily see 2 up top with one in behind at the tip of diamond in midfield.

So could be Vanecek at no9 (McLean back up). Being central looking to hold ball up the get in 6 yard box. 

Lafferty as second stricker (Ikpeazu back up) aiming to run beyond getting knock one from the no9.

Then Naismith / Milinkovic at tip of midfield supporting attack. Might be we just go after one or other (although article today suggestions negation with both) 

This looks pretty strong with options from the bench,  all be it I know nothing of Vanecek and Ikpeazu, you would also have Keena and Curry to supplement this.

1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

ann's had enough and is disolving the FOH

its not an opinion, it's just made up shit, getting in the road of reasonable opinion

:thumbs_up:

jamboinglasgow

so this thread is all based on one poster's rumour, no one backing it has got so far (or have I missed something.)

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Aye, it’s just getting boring with any amount of posters saying Lafferty will be away because of this that and the next thing.

HillmanHearts

Like the look of this lad. Wouldn't presume it means Lafferty going.

Craig was obviously pissed off in missing out at the last minute of last window on the fwd he wanted to replace Isma.

He's since mentioned looking at the bench and having limited options to change the game.

This is a good thing for the squad in general and has us protected to an extent if Naismith falls through or we get a last minute

"too good to refuse" offer for Lafferty from left field. 

Escobar PHM
5 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

Aye, it’s just getting boring with any amount of posters saying Lafferty will be away because of this that and the next thing.

I propose a new set of forum rules.

1. No speculating about incoming transfers until the scarf is above the head

2. No criticising incoming players or questioning their quality until they have played 10 games

3. No speculating about players who might leave

4. No criticising the current manager in any way shape or form

5. Definitely no criticising the current owner

6. No discussing another club or its players in anything but abusive language

7. No expressing preferences about what you'd like the result of another match not involving Hearts to be

8. If you strongly disagree with another poster you may ignore all the forum rules and rip him a new one

9. Only two posters on JKB have inside knowledge. Anyone else posting 'what they've seen or heard' can be dismissed and derided

10.No speculating that selling fewer season tickets than last year might be a bad thing.

There. See you all in August.

i wish jj was my dad
30 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

2. No criticising incoming players or questioning their quality until they have played 10 games

7. No expressing preferences about what you'd like the result of another match not involving Hearts to be

8. If you strongly disagree with another poster you may ignore all the forum rules and rip him a new one

9. Only two posters on JKB have inside knowledge. Anyone else posting 'what they've seen or heard' can be dismissed and derided

10.No speculating that selling fewer season tickets than last year might be a bad thing.

Promise?

fabienleclerq

From the YouTube video this boy looks like a target man, I think Laff can play off someone like that.

KL isnt the best in the air so if we can get someone to win their fair share of high balls and occupy centre halves it would free him up a bit.

By the light
36 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

From the YouTube video this boy looks like a target man, I think Laff can play off someone like that.

KL isnt the best in the air so if we can get someone to win their fair share of high balls and occupy centre halves it would free him up a bit.

Totally agree. Just because Kyle is tall doesn’t mean he’s a target man, playing him alongside Uche or this guy would be an absolute nightmare for defenders. 

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Lost count of the amount of times I’ve said Lafferty isn’t leaving.

69??

:oohmatron:

5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Promise?

You are the most hyper sensitive on here so you will be on a helluva ****ing state regardless 

fabienleclerq
10 hours ago, By the light said:

Totally agree. Just because Kyle is tall doesn’t mean he’s a target man, playing him alongside Uche or this guy would be an absolute nightmare for defenders. 

Naismith is better in the air than Kyle who tends to try get in the way and chest it rather than going for headers. If we stop him getting thumped then he's free to feed off the second ball which is more his game for me,that and getting in front of his man for crosses.

Edited by fabienleclerq

Punks No Deid
14 hours ago, Spencer said:

You are the most hyper sensitive on here so you will be on a helluva ****ing state regardless 

spencer.thumb.png.1e115ed54029a33ae14a81b3e5062a42.png

TheAntiHibee
Just now, Hood09 said:

This still happening ?

Certainly haven't heard much from anywhere, but like Levein said he wants a defensive midfielder, a centre back and of course Milinkovic and Naismith back, don't get how this guy is necessary.

39 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

This still happening ?

He isn't out of contract until December, so we would have to wait until July to be able to discuss pre contract etc with him.

If he then signs it would make it a lot easier to agree a minimal fee to get him here now I'd assume

4 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Poster stated deal was close 

Seems he was wrong 

Might just be money.

Contract doesn't end until December which means we either pay for him now or wait until 1st July to get him on a pre-contract - or possibly negotiate his early release then at a reduced fee.

Harry Potter
On 6/8/2018 at 20:52, hoof.hearted said:

Too many puns for me. Logging off... so no need to rip me for being an old fart. Which I am. 

:laugh::laugh:

I have just been told that Laff is off to Apollon Limassol. After spitting my coffee out, I asked for something to back this up claim.  Will pass info on if and when I get it. Sounds like bollocks to me, but wanted to share anyhoo.....

4 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

I have just been told that Laff is off to Apollon Limassol. After spitting my coffee out, I asked for something to back this up claim.  Will pass info on if and when I get it. Sounds like bollocks to me, but wanted to share anyhoo.....

Levein said in an article earlier today, there have been no offers so unless something has changed in last few hours. I'm not so sure.

I love when I read from posters ''I've just heard'' or ''I have been told'' but never divulge whos doing all this bleathering  and its been mentioned this thread has kicked off from rumour alone

Certainly not fact or anything from inside Tynie 

23 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Levein said in an article earlier today, there have been no offers so unless something has changed in last few hours. I'm not so sure.

"Various publications brought Kyle Lafferty to be the target of Apollo and even had a proposal to acquire it. But with Craig Levein, coach Hearts clarified about Lafferty's future"

So was from a website, but guess there must be some substance and they don't just pick a name out a hat....

http://protathlima.com/2018/06/12/o-proponitis-tis-charts-xekatharise-to-topio-gia-laferti-kai-apollona/

Edited by Kenbo

6 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

I love when I read from posters ''I've just heard'' or ''I have been told'' but never divulge whos doing all this bleathering  and its been mentioned this thread has kicked off from rumour alone

Certainly not fact or anything from inside Tynie 

I never pretended to have a source!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Kenbo said:

"Various publications brought Kyle Lafferty to be the target of Apollo and even had a proposal to acquire it. But with Craig Levein, coach Hearts clarified about Lafferty's future"

So was from a website, but guess there must be some substance and they don't just pick a name out a hat....

http://protathlima.com/2018/06/12/o-proponitis-tis-charts-xekatharise-to-topio-gia-laferti-kai-apollona/

Literally is all Greek to me.

Say they offered 2.5 million or over, does that change the tune?

Bazzas right boot
On 09/06/2018 at 20:33, Escobar PHM said:

:wtfvlad:

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • cosanostra unlocked this topic