Vanecek Signs Pre-Contract

El Diez

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Can't see how this means Lafferty is away. Naismith was used deeper and we haven't replaced Goncalves. MacLean is back up and Uche is a punt.

This would take the squad closer to being better able to challenge. 

Might do but if we get this lad, he won't be coming in to sit on the bench. So its Lafferty & Vanecek together or Laffertys offski.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Agentjambo

• Jambof3tornado

• Fubar_Stef

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Might do but if we get this lad, he won't be coming in to sit on the bench. So its Lafferty & Vanecek together or Laffertys offski.

Its Lafferty and Vanecek hopefully.

Then MacLean and Uche are back up which would be a normal set up.

(As I said Naismith is deeper) 

Edited by Mikey1874

Jambojay84
4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

:mmtaxi:

Ok mate my apologies was only being friendly as I thought you were being genuine, back to not posting on here for me I guess 

The White Cockade
13 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

So long

fairwell

auf wiedersehen

goodbye

:D

:clyay:

Bridge of Djoum
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Can't see how this means Lafferty is away. Naismith was used deeper and we haven't replaced Goncalves. MacLean is back up and Uche is a punt.

Bit harsh, mate.

oh..punt. Gotcha!

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Looking at the you tube videos of Vanacek I can’t see him playing alongside Lafferty. His goals are often headers at the end of crosses. Lafferty’s are mostly seizing on chances  through the middle.  Getting Vanacek would suggest he will be the spearhead, and I can’t see Lafferty working in that set up. I like Lafferty and hopes it’s not the case,  but that’s how I see it

LeylandJambo
31 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Even if a dog bites you or a bee stings you?

:wow:

Just remember a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

Famous 1874

Lafferty, Vanecek, MacLean and Ikpeazu as striking options is extremely solid. Looking more and more likely that we are going to be playing 2 up front. 

Lafferty and Vanecek upfront with Milinkovic and Naismith in behind would be naughty. Then perhaps Olly Lee and Edwards in midfield in front of the back 4 and goalie, a 4222 formation. We could definitely set up like that against majority of the teams then maybe tweak it in the bigger games to have an extra man in midfield. 

Edited by Ali Lawrie

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Might work with all three of them in a 3-5-2/5-3-2 or 4-4-2 diamond.

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Looking at the you tube videos of Vanacek I can’t see him playing alongside Lafferty. His goals are often headers at the end of crosses. Lafferty’s are mostly seizing on chances  through the middle.  Getting Vanacek would suggest he will be the spearhead, and I can’t see Lafferty working in that set up. I like Lafferty and hopes it’s not the case,  but that’s how I see it

Agree Scott, how I'm reading it to. 

22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sums up my thoughts to a tee.

How adding another striker to a squad that was shockingly short on depth after isma left means lafferty is gone is beyond puzzling. Adding 2+2 and getting 5

Absolute Scenes

I really don't think (or hope!) that lafferty is.away. 

I think we are bulking our squad with good players who can all slot in when needed.

This would be four experienced strikers, which is good.cover to have. I imagine, if we keep naismith, he would slot in as attacking mid just behind laff and Uche or Laff and Vanecek. He breaks down play really well when there. 

Lets keep calm and not panic. It's just another signing to the squad, to build on. Laff loves this club, more than "one last pay day" I feel.  Going to be a dad, last thing he needs or would probably want, is jetting off to start over in China or even England. 

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Lafferty, Vanecek, MacLean and Ikpeazu as striking options is extremely solid. Looking more and more likely that we are going to be playing 2 up front. 

Lafferty and Vanecek upfront with Milinkovic and Naismith in behind would be naughty. Then perhaps Olly Lee and Edwards in midfield in front of the back 4 and goalie, a 4222 formation. We could definitely set up like that against majority of the teams then maybe tweak it in the bigger games to have an extra man in midfield. 

Attacking four of Laff, Uche/Vanacek, milinkovic and naisy would be pure filth.

Derty :sweeet:

9 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

You've no idea whether they can work together. Lafferty is a far more versatile player than your limited description. 

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Sums up my thoughts to a tee.

How adding another striker to a squad that was shockingly short on depth after isma left means lafferty is gone is beyond puzzling. Adding 2+2 and getting 5

Don't mate, I know.

A lot of lady frocks getting soiled on here

A wee Ulster Andy replicate is just what we need.  Fast nippy striker playing off the big man up top. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Jambojay84 said:

Ok mate my apologies was only being friendly as I thought you were being genuine, back to not posting on here for me I guess 

I was saying a taxi for me for getting it wrong. 

Apologies. 

Cheers for correction ?

Jambojay84
9 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I was saying a taxi for me for getting it wrong. 

Apologies. 

Cheers for correction ?

Cool mate but it appears I need :mmtaxi::vrface::gok:

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, jambo007 said:

:sweeet:This young man's Wedding tomorrow.....best wishes Dale ...:heartpump:

Good luck to a good lad.

With a bit of luck he could have been a big player for us. He really must have been a nightmare to play against.

Really hope he catches a break.

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

You've no idea whether they can work together. Lafferty is a far more versatile player than your limited description. 

It's just my opinion. Of course Lafferty does more than that, I was highlighting one of the stronger aspects of his game ( and the apparent strength of Vanacek's) . To be clearer, if there was a choice from the limited video evidence I've seen I'd rather have Lafferty as centre forward than Vanacek,  -  I'm doubtful if they have been bought to work together up front is all I'm saying.

WoodenHertz
4 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Dario Maresic :wub:

Fantastic young player. Unfortunately recently signed a contract extension keeping him at Sturm Graz till 2020, don't see us being able to afford him.

4 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Chines transfer market opens soon. Last pay day for Lafferty. 

He was getting very decent pay days last season.

8 hours ago, jambo007 said:

:sweeet:This young man's Wedding tomorrow.....best wishes Dale ...:heartpump:

Aw really, thats nice. He used to come to my restaurant. Lovely folk, hope they have a great day.

I don't think Lafferty is going his goals kept us in the top 6. Maybe we're changing to 2 up front and Currie could be away on loan since he missed last season and a season as first choice in the championship would do him good. 

5 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I would expect Zanatta to be given a chance with Currie and Keena out on loan again. 

Levein has already said he intends to have Keena in the 1st team squad next season

Edited by CAR
misspell

11 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I really don't think (or hope!) that lafferty is.away. 

I think we are bulking our squad with good players who can all slot in when needed.

This would be four experienced strikers, which is good.cover to have. I imagine, if we keep naismith, he would slot in as attacking mid just behind laff and Uche or Laff and Vanecek. He breaks down play really well when there. 

Lets keep calm and not panic. It's just another signing to the squad, to build on. Laff loves this club, more than "one last pay day" I feel.  Going to be a dad, last thing he needs or would probably want, is jetting off to start over in China or even England. 

Agree. It's also worth remembering we don't know how good the new players will be or how quickly they'll settle.

Having players around like The Duke will help them in many ways if they do have something to offer and improve on. We need to keep our proven, dependable players to count on in these moments. Not lump all the expectation on new signings.

We are building a squad here, something we never had last season. 

Don't know why folk always think someone has to be away because a certain player is coming in.

MacLean isn't going to play every game, Ikpeazu is making a huge jump up in level, so probably won't play every game. That leaves Lafferty and, potentially, the Czech boy as first choice. Naismith is more of a number 10 these days and I think he'll definitely be back regardless of how many strikers are brought in.

Our squad is threadbare, we need a lot of players.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, DG_HMFC said:

Don't know why folk always think someone has to be away because a certain player is coming in.

MacLean isn't going to play every game, Ikpeazu is making a huge jump up in level, so probably won't play every game. That leaves Lafferty and, potentially, the Czech boy as first choice. Naismith is more of a number 10 these days and I think he'll definitely be back regardless of how many strikers are brought in.

Exactly, even before the players released this summer we let go Stockton, goncalves, walker and grezlek in January 

Pans Jambo
13 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Lafferty is great but if we get offered good money for him we won’t turn it down. If we can then use that money to further boost the squad then it work out for the best. 

Thats WAY too sensible. 

I’m going to ignore that & say I want KL not only to stay, but to sign an extension. 

Why cant we have 4 really good strikers at the club? I seem to recall having 4 garbage strikers at the club at the same time previously. 

letsalldothebeattie
10 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Unless its Sammon on his way out then I think we can all be happy I suppose.

13 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Not so sure itd mean anything. McLean, who knows, got to think they see a coach in him and hes there when required, solid backup no more type guy.

Uche prob on peanuts and a gamble.

Naismith i dont think they see as a striker ( a mistake imo).

So looking at real number 9s, signing this lad would be real competition to Lafferty with the others to back them up.

Currie and Keena you wonder about but again theyre not probably thought of as out and out strikers, more the second in a two.

And we might, just might play 2 up too

This 100%

but some still seem convinced that Lafferty will be away when Levein has said he wants to keep him and there’s been no offers.

Dr Ian Malcolm

We played the second half of last season with Naismith and Lafferty as our only striking options. We currently have Lafferty, Ikpeazu and MacLean. We're hardly overstocked and needing to shift any.

Just because we look to be singing another striker has nothing to do with lafferty or Naismith staying/coming.

Levein just wants options. MacLean isn’t going to start much and Uche is raw.

Naismith will play deeper so bring the boy in 

logic...

10 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

We played the second half of last season with Naismith and Lafferty as our only striking options. We currently have Lafferty, Ikpeazu and MacLean. We're hardly overstocked and needing to shift any.

And Sammon, Keena and Currie 

CostaJambo
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

I would expect Zanatta to be given a chance with Currie and Keena out on loan again. 

Hope Zanatta gets a chance.

Phil Dunphy
23 minutes ago, ericb said:

I cant see us keeping Sammon. Or not loaning out Currie and Keena. 

Finlay James
24 minutes ago, ericb said:

And Henderson

14 hours ago, Tenor said:

Already brought in 2 strikers.

Lafferty away, or Naismith not coming back?

Post number 2. Wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned Lafferty being off. I know it makes sense but if there was a way to encourage season ticket renewal selling your 17 goal season striker aint it. I sincerely hope this is not the case and, I'd rather keep Naismith if possible rather than sign this fella.

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • cosanostra unlocked this topic