Vanecek Signs Pre-Contract

El Diez

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Absolutely baffled by that shite. 

John McGinn has a year left on his contract, I highly doubt Hibs are trying to whore him out either. 

Oh no don't mention hibs, you'll ignite another mass orgasm for the brown nosers on kickback

For what its worth, I wouldn't sell him no matter what was thrown on the table (unless we are talking ridiculous money like 5-10million, which is obviously never going to happen) because we haven't had a player like him in so long, there's no guaranteeing we'd be able to replace him. He and Berra are the core of our team. Love the big guy

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobar PHM

• Agentjambo

• Jambof3tornado

• Fubar_Stef

Phil Dunphy
13 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Oh no don't mention hibs, you'll ignite another mass orgasm for the brown nosers on kickback

For what its worth, I wouldn't sell him no matter what was thrown on the table (unless we are talking ridiculous money like 5-10million, which is obviously never going to happen) because we haven't had a player like him in so long, there's no guaranteeing we'd be able to replace him. He and Berra are the core of our team. Love the big guy

The fact he only has a year left means we should be handing him a bumper extension to keep him here longer. He loves life at Hearts, we love having him here. So we should be looking at getting it done. 

Oh no, wait. We’re skint as ****, eh?

4 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

What are the issues preventing us from bringing Naismith and Milinkovic back ? Wouldn't per chance be that we're a bit hesitant as the stated cost is stretching us a bit at this stage would it ?

I'm perfectly calm dear.

Thank feck some of you people have no say in the running of our club and that financial prudence and good practice is at the top of the priority list.

We'll sell Lafferty if we get a 7 figure offer IMO. It would be utter folly and irresponsible not to do so, assuming of course that he wants to go to the club offering the deal.

The only thing in the way of us signing Naismith is the size of his pay-off from  Norwich. Nothing to do with our cash flow. 

1 hour ago, Gav M said:

re. vanecek, is it maybe that we are close to agreeing a deal to bring him over in January. as it would be a pre contract it won't be announced until next month?

That is the most likely option 

Maybe seeing if we can get him in sooner

5 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'd sell my yacht if someone made me a reasonable offer, then I'd buy a nicer car and maybe extend the house, and the re-wiring job can get done, and my grandchilds uni fees are taken care of. All of which I don't have the money for at this stage.

How on earth is it in any way negative to discuss whether we should sell Lafferty if the offer is acceptable to us because we get a very positive benefit from doing that.

Sell our talisman. Our first striker in donkeys who near on got 20 goals. Behave. 

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Sell our talisman. Our first striker in donkeys who near on got 20 goals. Behave. 

And yet many went ballistic when we didn't sell Paterson ?

Year left on contract scored lots of goals .

Maybe , hopefully , Lafferty doesn't want to leave . In which case we should try to extend his contract . That requires willingness on both sides . 

As I've said already can we meet what he would want for , possibly , his last contract ?

13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It does seem a little crazy but the size of any offer will be key.

Another factor is what might suit the player.  He is not exactly on the sunny side of 30 and may not have many more big pay days.  Indeed, who knows, he may even have a release figure in his contract which would leave the club powerless to stop him leaving for elsewhere.

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

And yet many went ballistic when we didn't sell Paterson ?

Year left on contract scored lots of goals .

Maybe , hopefully , Lafferty doesn't want to leave . In which case we should try to extend his contract . That requires willingness on both sides . 

As I've said already can we meet what he would want for , possibly , his last contract ?

Big difference is we knew Callum was leaving us for sure and would have sold him barring the injury.

Escobar PHM
6 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So you think we should sell our leading goal scorer because there’s a year left on his contract

If he isn’t wanting to extend then yes we should, for the right price 

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

It might be the case that we're already paying him top dollar and that we can't or won't improve on the current terms. 

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It might be the case that we're already paying him top dollar and that we can't or won't improve on the current terms. 

I think this is very likely. Of course I want him to stay but we've seen what happens when you pay more than you can afford. Kyle has been very well looked after by the club in other ways. I hope that works in our favour.

Phil Dunphy
9 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

And do what for goals? Since we’re apparently super skint. 

Escobar PHM
35 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And do what for goals? Since we’re apparently super skint. 

And do what for goals after he’s gone for nothing next summer ?

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

It's not impossible that his contribution could have helped us win a cup and higher league placeing, a spot in Europe and a couple of thousand extra season tickets at say for ease of maths £500 a pop. And he could even sign an extended contract. Not saying he won't leave - I've no idea. But would prefer to retain our best players to improve.

Phil Dunphy
19 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Has Kyle said he's not open to a new contract, like?

Escobar PHM
27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Has Kyle said he's not open to a new contract, like?

Not really the point is it. The point being that we have a saleable asset with a relatively short shelf life. The quandary is do we cash that asset in for maximum return now or do we potentially get better value by keeping him but no guarantees obviously 

Phil Dunphy
8 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Not really the point is it. The point being that we have a saleable asset with a relatively short shelf life. The quandary is do we cash that asset in for maximum return now or do we potentially get better value by keeping him but no guarantees obviously 

Yeah, you're right. Football is a game of balance sheets and dividends.

If you want to look at footballers like assets to be bought and sold, rather than individuals asked to win football matches, go ahead. But I prefer to see us win football matches, like.

16 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yeah, you're right. Football is a game of balance sheets and dividends.

If you want to look at footballers like assets to be bought and sold, rather than individuals asked to win football matches, go ahead. But I prefer to see us win football matches, like.

It was a game of balance sheets at the end of Vlad's reign and we nearly lost completely.  Lafferty could spend the season injured or out of form and we're likely to lose him anyway at the end of the season.  Had we cashed in earlier with Paterson and Walker we wouldn't have lost them for sweeties.  The balance sheet should not be our God but it is sheer recklessness to ignore it.

Phil Dunphy
Just now, JamboAl said:

It was a game of balance sheets at the end of Vlad's reign and we nearly lost completely.  Lafferty could spend the season injured or out of form and we're likely to lose him anyway at the end of the season.  Had we cashed in earlier with Paterson and Walker we wouldn't have lost them for sweeties.  The balance sheet should not be our God but it is sheer recklessness to ignore it.

No, we shouldn't ignore it.

Which is why, in my opinion, we should be offering Laff the opportunity to finish his career here.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

No, we shouldn't ignore it.

Which is why, in my opinion, we should be offering Laff the opportunity to finish his career here.

Do you know that we haven't given him that offer or are you just surmising?

Phil Dunphy
Just now, JamboAl said:

Do you know that we haven't given him that offer or are you just surmising?

I've no insider knowledge on his situation at all. But people keep saying we should sell him before he leaves on a free.

Which leads me to the point that we should offer him a bumper new deal to stay.

5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I've no insider knowledge on his situation at all. But people keep saying we should sell him before he leaves on a free.

Which leads me to the point that we should offer him a bumper new deal to stay.

So you don't know know what KL thinks either?

His agent doesn't seem to think HMFC is his best bet - assuming the Limassol stories are true.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

His agent doesn't seem to think HMFC is his best bet - assuming the Limassol stories are true.

According to what? The Sun?

Laff has repeatedly said he is enjoying life here.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I said "assuming the stories are true".

He'll only be allowed to leave for good money and if he himself wants to. I think he is quite settled with us personally speaking.  We are not in a position of actually needing to sell him. While every player does have his price, it reasonable to think that a good player who has found the back of the net regularly and who wants to stay here might just be offered a contract extension.

Robbo-Jambo

He has and also hinted a few times that he would love to stay long term.

His wife is pregnant and her family are in East Kilbride and from what has been said she is keen to stay in Scotland.

But at the end of the day money talks and Hearts might want to cash in.

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I said "assuming the stories are true".

Quotes directly from the player mean a hell of a lot more to me than something from a red top newspaper. 

41 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

His wife is pregnant and her family are in East Kilbride and from what has been said she is keen to stay in Scotland.

This.

55 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Agree with this,  he wants to stay and if he does he will still want improved wages. I'd say we are holding off until it's necessary to get him tied up before he enters his final year.

Adam_the_legend

If we offer him an extension and he signs it, great, I’d keep him unless a ridiculous offer came in which I doubt it would. 

If he DOESNT sign an extension we then have the dilemma, do we cash in now or lose him for nothing next summer. It depends on the money but as has been argued many times on here, we need to start generating revenue from player sales rather than lose them for nothing. 

The White Cockade

Been a great signing for us and hope he stays but people should drop the “he loves it here” patter

Every player says that but it’s meaningless when the big bucks come in

We will know he’s staying and how much he loves us if he signs an extension 

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Been a great signing for us and hope he stays but people should drop the “he loves it here” patter

Every player says that but it’s meaningless when the big bucks come in

We will know he’s staying and how much he loves us if he signs an extension 

:spoton:

Quotes directly from the player mean a hell of a lot more to me than something from a red top newspaper. 

This.

Good for you.

I too would prefer quotes which is why I said ASSUMING it's true.

As it happens despite the Sun's reputation it seems to find credible stories about HMFC

4 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

We need MORE matchwinners not less.

He must stay.

9 words...says it all IMO.

Edit: Anyway, is this deal for this David Vanecek fellow 'very nearly completed' on not?

Edited by Pans Jambo

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Even if they are interested it doesn't mean anything.

Doesn't mean he wants to go.

Doesn't mean his agent wants him to go.

Only that they have seen his stats/performances and like him.

Besides all of that I don't actually think Limassol could afford him so non story imo

8 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Even if they are interested it doesn't mean anything.

Doesn't mean he wants to go.

Doesn't mean his agent wants him to go.

Only that they have seen his stats/performances and like him.

Besides all of that I don't actually think Limassol could afford him so non story imo

Correct.

That's why I said "assuming it is true".

Escobar PHM
7 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He has also hinted the recent derby might be his last.

You can argue all day about keeping him. Of course that would be preferred because he’s a good player. Certainly it would be the fans wishes.

However if we get an offer we see as being his worth, taking everything into account sensibly, and he wants to go, we’ll take it. I have no doubt whatsoever.

Edited by Escobar PHM

9 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

He has also hinted the recent derby might be his last.

You can argue all day about keeping him. Of course that would be preferred because he’s a good player. Certainly it would be the fans wishes.

However if we get an offer we see as being his worth, taking everything into account sensibly, and he wants to go, we’ll take it. I have no doubt whatsoever.

The club rebuffed bids and stood its ground with Jamie Walker. I see no reason why the club wouldn't do the same should any offer come in for Lafferty.

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Why are you all talking about Lafferty. He has his own thread at the minute.

This this and this keep the thread on topic FFS 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
23 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Any knowledge on the Vanecek situation?

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

The same thing's happening on the season ticket thread.

For me the whole thing is poor posturing from Laffertys agent, trying to get the best deal he can out of Hearts for a contract extension, Kyle has intimated already that he loves it at the club so an extension should be a formality but with interest  being drummed up to raise his negotiating position 

IMHO obviously 

3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

For me the whole thing is poor posturing from Laffertys agent, trying to get the best deal he can out of Hearts for a contract extension, Kyle has intimated already that he loves it at the club so an extension should be a formality but with interest  being drummed up to raise his negotiating position 

IMHO obviously 

You could have posted that on the Lafferty thread ?

He's obv been looked at to replace Laff . 

If a decent offer comes in for Laff he will prob be in before the season starts . 

Camt see us affording to extend the big mans contract as he'll be looking for decent money with him getting toward the end of his career . 

Could see us getting a deal to bring this lad in when his contract expires in January with a view to bedding him in for Laffs departure. 

Cruyff Turn

Hope we get this lad, he'd be a smashing signing. His first touch, awareness and movement is very good. 

CL has done a lot of interviews with Banderson in the last few days and I'm sure he's been asked about this guy and its neither been confirmed nor denied. 

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Hope we get this lad, he'd be a smashing signing. His first touch, awareness and movement is very good. 

CL has done a lot of interviews with Banderson in the last few days and I'm sure he's been asked about this guy and its neither been confirmed nor denied. 

Which suggests something will be announced shortly. Other than the loaned we haven't talked to the media about targets.

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • cosanostra unlocked this topic